Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Rozenstruik

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,033
  • Post Score: 47

02.07.2022 | 10:57 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Jairzinho Rozenstruik   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:12 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Movsar Evloev   defeats   Dan Ige   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lucas Almeida   defeats   Michael Trizano   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   0:55 Round 3 of 3, 10:55 Total Bout Page
Karine Silva   defeats   Poliana Botelho   via Submission, D'arce Choke   4:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ode Osbourne   defeats   Zarrukh Adashev   via KO/TKO, Counter Right Hook to Ground Strikes   1:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Askar Mozharov   via KO/TKO, Elbows From Crucifix   4:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Karolina Kowalkiewicz   defeats   Felice Herrig   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:01 Round 2 of 3, 9:01 Total Bout Page
Joe Solecki   defeats   Alex da Silva   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Damon Jackson   defeats   Dan Argueta   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Benoit Saint-Denis   defeats   Niklas Stolze   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:32 Round 2 of 3, 6:32 Total Bout Page
Tony Gravely   defeats   Johnny Munoz Jr.   via KO/TKO, Uppercut to Ground Strikes   1:08 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jeff Molina   defeats   Zhalgas Zhumagulov   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rinat Fakhretdinov   defeats   Andreas Michailidis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Erin Blanchfield   defeats   JJ Aldrich   via Submission, Standing Guillotine Choke   2:38 Round 2 of 3, 7:38 Total Bout Page

Page 114

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.04.2022 | 7:19 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 2012th

@Rusty I don't pretend to know how they're doing it but the bookies are so much better at selling and pricing lines than they used to be it is truly incredible. They're in this to make a profit and spend tens of millions per year ensuring that they do.

It's not really different than the stock market. Most people are just absolutely ******** and will get slayed trading. They should just dump their money into an index fund and forget about it for ten years, but no--everybody believes they're Gordon Gecko.

If you're gambling on MMA with the goal of wealth creation in 2022, then you're ******* stupid. It's basically that simple. There was a time when there was value to be had in it for the punters, that time has passed.

This has been become increasingly clear to me the further I have stepped back from it and observed what happens, coldly. You are right to no longer gamble on it. Congratulations. You alone out of all the duning-kruger mouthbreathers on these boards have awoken from the spell of self-delusion.

You'll do well, and you'll be less stressed, and far happier.
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

06.04.2022 | 7:21 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1924th

At the end of the day these are still fistfights. No amount of “inside info” or sports analytics can make an objective algorithmic prediction. Vegas and oddsmakers win because it’s harder to predict something than not. Y’all are acting like it’s conspiratorial. 

And I know you’re trying to make a bigger point but I can’t get past looking at your sub-13/14 slate to read the six paragraphs about how anyone could’ve got 13/14 today. It’s okay you got a few wrong. Knowing when not to overthink it is part of it. It’s okay for things to be simple. Sometimes fighters are made favorites because they’re better and are going to win, and someone predicting outcomes should see it. 
WorstPredictionMan
WorstPredictionMan
  • Predictions:  1,156  |  35.6%
  • Forum Posts:  343
  • Post Score: 675

06.04.2022 | 7:22 PM ET

Are we sure that Mazharov lost? At first, I thought I saw him getting his ass kicked with my own two eyes. However, I just got off the phone with Mazharov. It turns out he's still undefeated in the UFC and that fight never happened.

So if you look deep into it, Dcpredictions actually picked every winner.

It's Tapology who is wrong.

"There goes WorstPredictionMan, the greatest predictor who ever lived."

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,906  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

06.04.2022 | 7:25 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 1741st

You are right, i was drink beers with him the whole night ... L☻L !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,314  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

06.04.2022 | 7:29 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 938th

11/14 I will take it!

Trizano **** in my apple pie but my top 3 tickets cashed!

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop

06.04.2022 | 7:30 PM ET

Herrig

Anyone disappointed she didn't leave her socks in the Octagon?  One time for the culture!

* Edited at 06.04.2022, 7:31 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

06.04.2022 | 7:48 PM ET

Predictions: 13 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 855 Points   |   Tied for 90th

If I only took favorites I’d have oddsbot pick %. I just didn’t like the puppies in the litter today. Wasn’t going  to rescue any of those dogs from the pound this time. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

TheMess63
TheMess63
  • Predictions:  7,699  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,252
  • Post Score: 137

06.04.2022 | 7:54 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 795 Points   |   Tied for 419th

Congrats to everyone who picked well today, favorite or dogs if your picks were right pat yourself on the back for being in check with reality. 

"Records are for djs"

Erison
Erison

06.04.2022 | 8:00 PM ET

All we had to do was stay away from Trizano today to clean up. I myself, sadly, just couldn’t do it. 
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.04.2022 | 8:08 PM ET

Gaining a sense of achievement by picking well on a card where 13/14 favourites win is as ******** as being proud of winning 1000$ on an instant scratch-it because you rubbed the coating off with a quarter.

If you find yourself feeling rewarded by that, well--good luck to you.

You're going to need it.

TheMess63
TheMess63

06.04.2022 | 8:17 PM ET

Same loser every week talking negative and trying to act superior to complete strangers. Wasn’t even here during the fights just shows up after to insult people for picking correctly while the idiots 10 for 14 is posted next to his narcissistic ******** 

* Edited at 06.04.2022, 8:22 PM ET *

"Records are for djs"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop

06.04.2022 | 8:18 PM ET

@BaldricEggling

This was a weird card.  The mismatches were pretty clear.  How Herrig was a slight favorite didn't make sense, so I faded her.  I got sucked in to the Michailidis being bigger and Rinat being a bit of a fraud narrative.  He still might be a fraud but that was a bad look for Andreas.  That was the best Almeida ever looked.  I had Trizano on my fourth ticket of parlays for the whole card.  Cost me big.  I almost took the dog shot on Botehlo.  Glad I didn't.  I took a dog shot on Munoz ...oof.  That was a freak KO.  MAN DJ and Erin's fights were greasy.  I was high on Molina.  That was almost a mistake.  It happen.  Sometimes the breaks go your way.  Sometimes not so much.  Really looking forward to next week.  There are some real good opportunities to make some coin.

* Edited at 06.04.2022, 8:19 PM ET *

Erison
Erison

06.04.2022 | 8:25 PM ET

It’s just a weird vibe to go 10/14 on a day when all favorites win minus one, and yell at everyone else calling them ******s. Like any other card, fine. But today is the one day it doesn’t make sense to make predictions out to be this inscrutable magic. 
TheMess63
TheMess63

06.04.2022 | 8:26 PM ET

Erison

It’s clearly some sort personality disorder. The pattern is to consistent 

"Records are for djs"

Erison
Erison

06.04.2022 | 8:27 PM ET

On a day where everyone is *almost* perfect shouldn’t the takeaway be “sometimes this makes sense” and not “this sport is impossible to predict”?

Kinda just seems like externalizing a little embarrassment. Which is a weird self report. No one was coming for you. 
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,975
  • Post Score: 172

06.04.2022 | 9:20 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 2511th

only thing I disliked about this card was Molina getting a ******* 30-27 somehow, and Mark Smith apparently not being aware he can pause a fight to take points away for fence grabs

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

GhostAndDarkness
GhostAndDarkness
  • Predictions:  352  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  84
  • Post Score: 210

06.04.2022 | 10:04 PM ET

Everyone *****ing

Predictions: 13 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 770 Points   |   Tied for 607th

Some favs won because of weird decisions.

Knowing when to bet a fav and when to bet a dog is a skill. If you don’t like it then be better. 

If you got 2/3 of your picks right, then that is winning in the ufc prediction game. 

The only people that should be crying about so many favs winning, are people on the wrong end of it. 

Celebrate each other or shut the F up. 

That being said…. I like disagreement and civil discord so keep stirring the pot you cheeky bastards. 

"You’ve been hit…. and its up to you whether you want to get up."

theproishiphop
theproishiphop

06.04.2022 | 11:45 PM ET

DCPredictions

Great call on the Blanchfield finish, again.  I thought that thing was going to be Blanchfield decision all day.  It was a junk ass sub but I am sure a finish was a priority with how JJ called her out.

Also, nice job on your card.  You made all of the right decisions except for the most obvious pick on the card! That is crazy. Lol.  

* Edited at 06.04.2022, 11:53 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.05.2022 | 1:03 AM ET

@Erison You're still not getting it.

It has nothing to do with going 10/14. That's still a very good rate. The problem isn't that I care. The problem is that you are operating under the misconception that 13/`4 matters, and it doesn't--because that was the amount of favourites that won.

It would have been possible to go 13/14 on this event  with a bot that just picked the favourite. Zero human input or analysis required.

I'm not saying that 13/14 is a bad pick rate. It obviously isn't. What am I saying is the oddsmakers are so good at calculating probability now that there's ostensibly no reason not to tail them every card, and the entire process of picking fights based on 'analysis' is virtually pointless and unnecessary. That's if the goal is to hit the highest pick percentage possible--which is something you saddos seem to care about. I first twigged to this following that Polish kid's league game. Over the course of multiple games it became apparent that everybody either only equalled the bookies' picks, or achieved less than this, as a statistical average. In fact the probability that the bookies get a dog pick wrong absolutely plummets after about +125. I can't remember exactly, but it works out that they hit anything with a wider margin than that about 80% of the time.

There is literally nobody on this site who isn't cherry-picking cards who has a higher accuracy % than oddsbot. Nada. If I tracked your dog picks, you would lose to the oddsmakers the vast majority of the time. They would absolutely kick the living **** out of you.

And if that's the case (it is) then there's no point doing tape study or even thinking about the fights at all. You might as well just save yourself the time, roll through the scheduled events in an hour-long session and pick every favourite for the next 6 calendar months for every UFC event.

I'm not even really trying to insult anybody. The whole thing is just really, really ******* weird. It is an incredibly weird and depressing social phenomenon that so many people turn up to pick odds-on favourites and then feel as though they have achieved something when those odds-in favourites come through, because the same result could have been achieved by doing hours of fight research as doing absolutely no research at all. It's  almost like filling out the crossword puzzle from the answers at the back of the book.

Summarily, I think people on this site put far, far, far too much stock into their pick percentages, and grossly overestimate the value of having a high-average percentage. It seems to be at the forefront of every discussion, and inevitably this where most conflicts between members lead to. It also goes some way in explaining why people just scream 'robbery' when they get a pick wrong even if it  what they are referring to was objectively not a robbery at all. It's basically this kind of coefficient of ******ation leading to logical no-qaurter; they can't admit being wrong, but they also can't accept that they're be better off long-term by simply logging in, picking the favourites, and logging out. It's a double-ended ***** of dumb******y.

* Edited at 06.05.2022, 2:07 AM ET *

CRUELBET
CRUELBET
  • Predictions:  805  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 200

06.05.2022 | 2:21 AM ET

Pick winner is easy, build a bet is difficult

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 1032nd

Nice card for betting so far. Some juicy bets but definitely hard build a good bet since many fights look close on the paper

"I BEAT YOU AFTER A WEEKEND OF COCAINE Jon Jones"

Page 114

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 bonuses: Alex Perez's statement knockout takes $50K
  • MMAFighting.com : Charly Arnolt becomes first female UFC ring announcer after temporarily replacing ailing Joe Martinez
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Fire hands’: Fighters react to Alex Perez’s brutal knockout win at UFC Vegas 91
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘I AM SHAKING!!’: Pros react to UFC Vegas 91 cage announcer madness
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 results: Alex Perez knocks out Matheus Nicolau with right hook
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez demolishes Matheus Nicolau with brutal one-punch knockout in UFC Vegas 91 main event
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Dropping ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez vs. Matheus Nicolau full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Alex Perez's upset knockout of Matheus Nicolau at UFC on ESPN 55
  • Middle Easy : Alex Perez Blitzes Matheus Nicolau For Walk-Off KO – UFC Vegas 91 Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Results, Full Highlights Stream
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Lex Luthor knocked out Superman’: Pros react to Bogdan Guskov’s brutal finish of Ryan Spann
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Bogdan Guskov smash Ryan Spann with furious ground-and-pound knockout
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Guskov Stops ‘Superman’ With 12-Punch TKO
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 video: Bogdan Guskov puts away Ryan Spann with punching barrage
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 live blog: Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 salaries: Mike Perry earns event-high $600,000
  • MMA Junkie : UFC selects Beneil Dariush for 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 video: Jhonata Diniz freezes Austin Lane with KO combination