Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Błachowicz vs. Rakić

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,268
  • Post Score: 47

01.10.2022 | 9:27 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 05.14.2022 at 07:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN 2
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • TV Ratings: 542,000 avg. viewers (726k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jan Błachowicz   defeats   Aleksandar Rakić   via KO/TKO, Leg Injury   1:11 Round 3 of 5, 11:11 Total Bout Page
Ryan Spann   defeats   Ion Cutelaba   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Davey Grant   defeats   Louis Smolka   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   0:49 Round 3 of 3, 10:49 Total Bout Page
Katlyn Cerminara   defeats   Amanda Ribas   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Manuel Torres   defeats   Frank Camacho   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   3:27 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Allan Nascimento   defeats   Jake Hadley   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Viviane Araujo   defeats   Andrea Lee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michael Johnson   defeats   Alan Patrick   via KO/TKO, Counter Left to Ground Strikes   3:22 Round 2 of 3, 8:22 Total Bout Page
Virna Jandiroba   defeats   Angela Hill   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tatsuro Taira   defeats   Carlos Candelario   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Nick Maximov   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   1:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 7

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,184  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,274
  • Post Score: 89

05.08.2022 | 10:52 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2252nd

@crimson Carlos got some crazy fast hands but his tdd makes it so scary for me to pick him. I was very close to switching my pick to him last time but still on the fence. I really don’t like tairas striking at all

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

PickingMyNose
PickingMyNose
  • Predictions:  967  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  118
  • Post Score: 21

05.08.2022 | 11:00 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2386th

Błachowicz vs. Rakić
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R2
Legendary Polish Power. LPP, EL PEE PEE.

Spann vs. Cutelaba
Ion Cutelaba, TKO, R1
Ryan the average man Spann... dies.

Smolka vs. Grant
Davey Grant, TKO, R1
COME ON INGERLAND, SCORE SOME FAKIN GOALS

Chookagian vs. Ribas
Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
Close fight vs Valentina, she got this.

Camacho vs. Torres
Manuel Torres, TKO, R1
First Mexican dub other than queen Loopy in a minute.

Hadley vs. Nascimento
Jake Hadley, SUB, R1
I really want to pick Allan Nascimento because of the Christmas colors record... but I can't.

Araujo vs. Lee
Andrea Lee, DEC
Idk WMMA. Bigger younger girl it is.

Johnson vs. Patrick
Michael Johnson, DEC
4 Ls for 1 W.

Jandiroba vs. Hill
Angela Hill, DEC
Hills been robbed, not today!

Candelario vs. Taira
Carlos Candelario, DEC
Little birdie told me Carlos can wresssleeeee.

Maximov vs. Petroski
Nick Maximov, DEC
Uh... eat your veggies^2! BINK BONK.

"Why they allow makeup in beauty contest but not steroids in contest of strength?"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,150  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,575
  • Post Score: 108

05.08.2022 | 11:24 PM ET

@ayyLmao 

Tairas striking is really plotting and Candelario has decent wrestling, Tyson Chartier is a black belt and 1 hell of a coach he'll have Carlos ready imo. (Also him pulling out 2 weeks ago for a "illness" is very suspect aswell.)

A lot of Tatsuro opponents are terrified to get taken down or just trash; for example against Shimizu, he hit him with a good hook and ends up turning his back. Like what? Stay at range. (Late in round 2 I'm pretty sure it was.)

Candelario for me it all comes down to his cardio, I thought he won the Altamirano fight but he gassed and threw the fight away. His wrestling was looking decent and he has quick hands, chains combos together pretty smoothly.

* Edited at 05.08.2022, 11:27 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,836  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,925
  • Post Score: 92

05.08.2022 | 11:27 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 2749th

Alan Patrick opening as the dog is a little odd. When was the last time Michael Johnson actually looked good?
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

05.08.2022 | 11:28 PM ET

@ayylmao but the fight really is 50/50 I just think the predictions/odds are off imo.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.08.2022 | 11:29 PM ET

I don’t see many dog spots on this card so I may very well switch my pick to candelario. However, he did have a very bad weight cut (was last person to weigh in and got sick from the cut afterwards) and will now be cutting weight for again after 2 weeks.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.08.2022 | 11:30 PM ET

@crimson oh I fully agree. The line is that way because taira is 19-0 combined record lol

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

05.08.2022 | 11:32 PM ET

Btw am I crazy for thinking Hill will just jab and keep distance against Virna to a pretty smooth 30-27 maybe 29-28?

* Edited at 05.08.2022, 11:34 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.08.2022 | 11:37 PM ET

Nope, I actually was thinking the same thing. Virnas striking is terrible and if she doesn’t get this to the mat she will lose. Hill is one of the best strikers in the division. The problem is, you can never rely on her to get the decisjon at this point in her career

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,885  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,498
  • Post Score: 240

05.09.2022 | 1:12 AM ET

AyyLmaonnaise & CrimsonChinGuru

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 3209th

You’ve both convinced me on picking Carlos and Angela instead. If both end up being wrong, I am sneaking in a severed horse head into your beds tonight 

"My teachings always come with a receipt because I am the profit."

kylethemc
kylethemc
  • Predictions:  338  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  338
  • Post Score: 138

05.09.2022 | 1:59 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 5 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 255th

Crimson told me to pick Tibau last week and he clearly won 29-28 and the judges of course went the other way. Soren Bak lost to Leary and the judges actually gifted Bak a win too last week. Reason I'm pointing this out is the same thing happens to Hill. Hill wins some of these splits but the judges love ******* her over. One judge gave Lemos a 30-27 in that fight even though in round 2 she was out landed 21-10. Unless one fighter clearly wins the round, you never know which way it's gonna go
Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,468  |  71.4%
  • Forum Posts:  829
  • Post Score: 97

05.09.2022 | 2:50 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 416th

Nascimento is underrated, I pick him ... watch his fight with Ulanbekov

Hill vs Virna is 50/50... we know about SD and Hill...

Taybazza04
Taybazza04
  • Predictions:  19,306  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4,988
  • Post Score: 128

05.09.2022 | 2:58 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2590th

He beat ulanbekov imo but Jake Hadley the goat 
Taybazza04
Taybazza04
  • Predictions:  19,306  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4,988

05.09.2022 | 3:03 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2590th

The odds for Alan Patrick vs Michael Johnson r wierd but both have been **** for ages should be near even its 50/50 which of the **** wants it more I hope Johnson wins tho lol 
Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,885  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,498
  • Post Score: 240

05.09.2022 | 3:22 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 3209th

I’d like Nascimento to win just because Jake Hadley eludes the aura of a man who sells his own turds on Ebay, but it’s pretty unlikely

"My teachings always come with a receipt because I am the profit."

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,412  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,536

05.09.2022 | 3:25 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1574th

I like Taira's striking but not hit output, it's very low. He mostly looks for "free" shots, other than that he wants to set up his grappling. He rarely overcommits from what I've seen. 
He doesn't seem to be emotionally affected either, or he has a good poker face. He has the same expression on his face whatever happens in a fight.

This along with having fought in One makes me think he wont be nervous for his UFC debut despite his young age.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

bracket
bracket
  • Predictions:  467  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,738
  • Post Score: 2

05.09.2022 | 3:44 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3737th

Błachowicz vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, TKO, R3
Easy work for Rakic ... If the same Jan that showed up against Glover, shows up against Rakic, he finishes him in the 1st

Johnson vs. Patrick
Michael Johnson, TKO, R2
JourneyMan Michael Johnson, remember when he knocked out Dustin AHAHAHHAHA

Candelario vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R1
Lock of the Night, Taira is too good

This user is suspended from posting until 10 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 12 hours, and 57 minutes from now.
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,477  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,826
  • Post Score: 141

05.09.2022 | 4:42 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 466th

Błachowicz vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, TKO, R4
Had a good night of picks last card so hoping that continues. Dropping my picks a little early but I could change some of them if i have time to do tape. I have Rakic to win this with point fighting and leg kicks. As amazing as Jans recent run has been I think after the last fight he may be on the way out. I don't think he will be able to land as many strikes on Rakic who should be faster. He has a chance on the ground but I think Rakic will manage to keep it standing and get a late TKO.

Spann vs. Cutelaba
Ion Cutelaba, TKO, R1
I do not and never have rated Ryan Spann. I think he is horrible. Ion is coming into his own as a fighter and is learning to manage his cardio. That said I don't think he will need it this fight. I see him taking Ryan down early and getting a TKO.

Smolka vs. Grant
Davey Grant, TKO, R2
Davey Grant is very underrated and should be far too much for Smolka. I think Smolka's only chance would be his ground game but Grant is a very good wrestler. I do not see how Smolka can win this. My lock of the card.

Chookagian vs. Ribas
Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
Chookagian should take this with her reach and volume. She should keep it at distance and point fight with tepe kicks and volume striking. Even if Ribas gets it to the ground I do not see her being able to submit a brown/black belt under Danaher in Chookagian. I think the only way she loses this is if she decides to play off her back for long periods. but I think she is too smart to do that.

Camacho vs. Torres
Manuel Torres, TKO, R2
Camacho is actually decent and has more experience but is coming back after a long lay off and is very hittable with a very dodgy chin. As much as I beleive in the DWCS fade I do think Torres could be an exception and I think he could finish Camacho.

Hadley vs. Nascimento
Allan Nascimento, DEC
I know a lot of people are going to pick Hadley but I was very impressed with Nascimento's fight with Tagir. I think he will control the ground game and get sweeps even if he gets taken down. Only think is that Hadley has better wrestling and Allan does not have good take down defence but I still think he can win this.

Araujo vs. Lee
Andrea Lee, DEC
This is the hardest fight for me to pick on the card and well its WMMA so who the hell knows. Still I have been impressed with Andrea Lee's striking and her cardio should help her take a decision win here.

Johnson vs. Patrick
Michael Johnson, DEC
Patrick is trash. Johnson has an incredible resume and experience. I think he takes a decision, but oh well it is Michael Johnson. I am sure he can also find a way to lose this

Jandiroba vs. Hill
Virna Jandiroba, SUB, R2
Close one, but I think the significant skill difference is on the ground. If Virna gets it there I think she subs Angela. If Angela manages to keep it standing she will likely win a close decision. Then again its Angela Hill, so even if she wins the judges will give it to Virna.

Candelario vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R1
I do not think this will be close. I think Taira will get it to the ground and when he does he will catch Carlos in transition and sub him easily. Also Carlos had some undisclosed injury that postponed the fight? Not a good sign.

Maximov vs. Petroski
Nick Maximov, DEC
As much as I wanted to fade him I have grudgingly had to admire how Maximov has done. He beat Soriano which is a major acheivement in my eyes. Petroski could win R1 but he is not subbing Maximov or KOing him on the feet and after R1 I think Petroski gasses.

Hellowhosthat
Hellowhosthat
  • Predictions:  1,676  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  64
  • Post Score: 72

05.09.2022 | 5:08 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1341st

Spann vs. Cutelaba
Ion Cutelaba, TKO, R1
70% Ion

Smolka vs. Grant
Davey Grant, TKO, R2
Grant 65%

Chookagian vs. Ribas
Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
65% Chooking

Hadley vs. Nascimento
Jake Hadley, TKO, R2
75% Jake

Araujo vs. Lee
Viviane Araujo, DEC
50% Vivi

Jandiroba vs. Hill
Virna Jandiroba, SUB, R3
Virna 65%

Candelario vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R1
80% Taira

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,477  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,826
  • Post Score: 141

05.09.2022 | 6:55 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 466th

LOL! Just saw that Lauren Murphy vs Meisha Tate was supposed to be on this card.

Finally the MMA gods have done one thing right and made this **** show fall off the card. After last week I don't think I could stomach seeing those two in the cage. And the lead up would be torture with Tate non stop talking even though no one is listening.

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen says UFC indicated title shot comes with Umar Nurmagomedov win, hopes for Sean O'Malley
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC on ESPN 56 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs with Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento, Joaquin Buckley's money, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia poster released featuring Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Inks New BKFC Ownership Deal
  • UFC.com : Sean Woodson Wants To Make A Statement At Home
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier says UFC initially offered Paulo Costa in Rio, Nassourdine Imavov not what he wanted
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis: 24 Fun Tidbits, Facts And Storylines!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson will be fun as long as it lasts, but 'Father Time is undefeated'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis Gambling Preview: Will Derrick Lewis add another knockout to his UFC record?
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Reacts To ‘Savage Mode’ Mike Tyson: ‘If I Was Jake Paul, I’d Be Sh*tting My Pants’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC St. Louis Ceremonial Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Michel Pereira, Roman Dolidze give conflicting perspectives on potential UFC booking
  • MMA Mania : Olympic Medalist, Knockout Machine, Future Champion?
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Reveals Earnings From UFC Video Games, How Fighters Get Paid
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jon Jones would probably need two and a half minutes to finish Alex Pereira
  • UFC.com : Veronica Hardy Embraces Living In The Moment
  • MMA Mania : How To Buy Tickets For Paul Vs Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : Betting Preview: Lomachenko vs Kambosos and more
  • MMAFighting.com : Demetrious Johnson reveals how much money he’s made from EA UFC games
  • MMA Junkie : Urijah Faber: Merab Dvalishvili is a bad matchup, but 'Sean O'Malley's grappling is really good'