- Given Name: Viviane Araujo Gomes
- Pro MMA Record: 10-3-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
- Nickname: Vivi
- Current Streak: 1 Loss
- Age: 1986-11-21 | Date of Birth: 1986.11.21
- Last Fight: May 15, 2021 in UFC
- Weight Class: Flyweight | Last Weigh-In: 126.0 lbs
- Affiliation: Cerrado MMA
- Height: 5'4" (163cm) | Reach: 68.0" (173cm)
- Career Disclosed Earnings: $59,400 USD
- Born: Brazil
- Fighting out of: Brasilia, Federal District, Brazil
- Head Coach: Daniel Evangelista
- Other Coaches: Saulo Verissimo, Renato Ferreira, Henrique Lima, Odair Samuray
Worldwide Rankings Rankings FAQ
Regional Rankings Rankings FAQ
Fighting for a major organization has made Viviane Araujo ineligible for regional rankings.
Gyms & Affiliations
Viviane Araujo Wiki Update Wiki
Araújo started playing soccer and spent much of her time away from home to forget about problems at home after witnessing her alcoholic father beating her mother in a daily basis. She later started Jiu jitsu and felt in love with the sport after an invitation from Jiu jitsu coach. She later became a Jiu jisu teacher and transitioned to mma as she was tired of watching her father abuse her mother. Araújo uses the octagon as the platform to voice her support to reach victims of domestic violence.
Araújo fought most of her early MMA career primary in Brazil and Japan, notable under Jungle Fight and Pancrase where she was the formal Pancrase strawweight champion prior signed by UFC. Araújo made her UFC debut and faced Talita Bernardo, replacing Melissa Gatto, on May 11, 2019 at UFC 237. She won the fight via knockout in the third round. Her second fight came on July 27, 2019 at UFC 240, against Alexis Davis. She won the fight via unanimous decision. Araújo faced Jessica Eye on December 14, 2019 at UFC 245 At the weigh-ins, Jessica Eye weighted 31 lbs, five lbs over the Flyweight limit of 126 lbs. She forfeit 30% of her fight purse to Araújo. She lost the fight via unanimous decision. Araújo was scheduled to meet Jennifer Maia on June 27, 2020 at UFC on ESPN 11. However, on April 9, Dana White, the president of UFC announced that this event was postponed to a future date.