Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Błachowicz vs. Rakić

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,085
  • Post Score: 47

01.10.2022 | 9:27 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 05.14.2022 at 07:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN 2
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • TV Ratings: 542,000 avg. viewers (726k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jan Błachowicz   defeats   Aleksandar Rakić   via KO/TKO, Leg Injury   1:11 Round 3 of 5, 11:11 Total Bout Page
Ryan Spann   defeats   Ion Cutelaba   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Davey Grant   defeats   Louis Smolka   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   0:49 Round 3 of 3, 10:49 Total Bout Page
Katlyn Cerminara   defeats   Amanda Ribas   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Manuel Torres   defeats   Frank Camacho   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   3:27 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Allan Nascimento   defeats   Jake Hadley   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Viviane Araujo   defeats   Andrea Lee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michael Johnson   defeats   Alan Patrick   via KO/TKO, Counter Left to Ground Strikes   3:22 Round 2 of 3, 8:22 Total Bout Page
Virna Jandiroba   defeats   Angela Hill   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tatsuro Taira   defeats   Carlos Candelario   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Nick Maximov   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   1:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 6

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,413  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  799
  • Post Score: 96

05.08.2022 | 12:50 PM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 416th

What about Petroski gas tank? he usually gases out in 2-3 round, I see Maximov submitting him
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,009  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,102
  • Post Score: 88

05.08.2022 | 12:51 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2252nd

Hmm that’s true. I haven’t watched any tape yet but from what I’ve seen Maximov just likes to lie on people. Plus, while Andre may not be a great mma fighter, he’s still a decently high level black belt so I think he could escape sub attempts. However, if he does gas then yeah he could get finished

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

KNEWit
KNEWit
  • Predictions:  1,417  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 92

05.08.2022 | 1:33 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1276th

yea petro live early, but after 5 he is huffing and puffing, and arms drop. He may dominate the first round cause he is so strong, but it will come with a cost. He does throw with all hes got, which doesnt help, but if he finds the chin early he may steal it. other than that, looks like maximovs pressure into the later rounds will make its way to petros back for some control time/etc

just my opinion dont kill me lmao
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.08.2022 | 1:46 PM ET

Lol no worries there’s nothing wrong with that opinion. You’re probably right about the gas tank I just can’t say anything on it because I haven’t watched tape yet

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.08.2022 | 1:49 PM ET

What’s everyone’s opinion on Camacho vs torres? I’m slightly leaning Camacho. Despite that horrible upset loss to Jaynes he’s fought way better comp and had a pretty close fight with dober back in the day. It’s hard for me to rate torres because he’s only ever left the first round once and it was a greasy split decision. He’s also figure terrible comp and has some terrible losses. Wasn’t really impressed on contender series either because he was fighting a pretty bad fighter and also got a ko from an eye poke (great reffing by herb dean there as per usual). If camacho’s chin holds up (it probably won’t but one can hope) I think he could make it very very ugly for torres as Camacho has better cardio and is going to make the fight an ugly brawl. If he hadn’t lost to Jaynes I would probably lay units on him

* Edited at 05.08.2022, 1:49 PM ET *

KNEWit
KNEWit
  • Predictions:  1,417  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 92

05.08.2022 | 2:14 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1276th

havent gotten there quite yet, but at quick glance I thought I saw he was fighting miguel torres and semi freaked out for a moment haha
kylethemc
kylethemc
  • Predictions:  338  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  338
  • Post Score: 138

05.08.2022 | 2:16 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 5 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 255th

Błachowicz vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, DEC
Not an easy fight at all for Rakic but I think he's on his way to a title shot real soon

Smolka vs. Grant
Davey Grant, TKO, R3
Smolka has the weird W/L streak going since entering the UFC which oddly makes me want to take him. I think Grant is pretty damn good though as shown against Yanez.

Chookagian vs. Ribas
Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
Classic Chookagian point fight

Hadley vs. Nascimento
Allan Nascimento, DEC
May switch this pick, I'm not too familiar with Hadley but Ik he's a good grappler. Is he on Nascimento's level though do you guys think?

Johnson vs. Patrick
Michael Johnson, TKO, R2
No real idea how this will play out. Definitely not a fight to bet on

Jandiroba vs. Hill
Virna Jandiroba, DEC
Sadly, Hill gets the **** end of the stick with all the split decisions

Candelario vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R1
Why was this fight pushed back two weeks? In this one the grappling advantage should make the difference

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.08.2022 | 2:43 PM ET

@kyle the taira fight was moved because candelario got sick from the weight cut 

For hadley vs nascimento I’m really split. I’m a huge fan of hadley and he really looks like a top prospect but nascimento is no joke. If hadley is as good as I think he is, then he should have the better bjj and therefore should win the fight. Nascimento is also a very high level grappler and his two losses in the ufc were razor thin and he very well could have won. Expect some high level grappling exchanges 

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,875  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,445
  • Post Score: 239

05.08.2022 | 4:38 PM ET

Johnson is ******

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 3209th

Michael Johnson will go down in history as the most overrated underrated fighter of all time. Has beaten top 15 contenders and interim champions, but is still regarded as a favorite even now despite being clearly past his peak and having one of the worst records in the entire roster. When standing, Johnson is formidable, but he can’t wrestle worth a damn, he just can’t. 

Meanwhile you got Patrick, who’s old and on a bad losing streak himself. While his last performance was an embarrassment, I would definitely favor him in this matchup. His takedowns aren’t the best, but his jiu-jitsu is pretty relentless once he’s got you smothered. Alan also has a bizarre, sporadic approach to striking, doing a lot of spinning kicks, backfists and even feint a flying knee to throw a blitz flurry. This overall ‘randomness’ of his style may prove to be too much of a cluster**** for Johnson to handle. I’d say this fight will either be a surprisingly fun scrap, or a depressingly one sided wet-blanket ass ******* from Patrick, the kind of ******* where you’re forcing yourself to have a hard on just to get it over with. 

Hasta la Vista, Johnson. It was fun while it lasted.

Patrick via DEC

"My teachings always come with a receipt because I am the profit."

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,132  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,542
  • Post Score: 108

05.08.2022 | 5:03 PM ET

@Sabbath agreed, Johnson needs a KO.  He looked dead against Guida late.

I understand why nobody would pick Patrick tho, dude was getting destroyed and found a way out.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

05.08.2022 | 5:32 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1045th

I fell like it a rough patch for main event, Rakic this week, Holms next week, Rozenstuck the week after, Hard to get exited for those fights, All 3 fighters are boring,  At least last few weeks were Luque, Andrade and Chito, All bangers

I haven't really look at the undercard of this cards, Just the main event, But people were *****ing about last few cards, But these cards are worst

"Quack quack quack"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.08.2022 | 5:47 PM ET

That fight is so ugly for me to call. Johnson should realistically smash him on the feet but he’s so damn inconsistent you have no idea how he’s gonna look. Plus, he has a knack for losing fights he’s winning; see vs Josh emmett or Thiago Moises. He also has been on the receiving end of some pretty bad scorecards loke vs Stevie ray or beniel dariush. 

Richardg91
Richardg91
  • Predictions:  1,363  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: -60

05.08.2022 | 6:37 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 2864th

Rakic, cutilaba, ribas, nick maximov by murder lol tatsuro taira, 

"“Brain is like a parachute, only works if it’s open!”"

kapn
kapn
  • Predictions:  1,444  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 164

05.08.2022 | 7:34 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1199th

Błachowicz vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, DEC
This is the Light-Heavyweight division's number one contender fight at the moment, and I think it represents a crossroads of sorts. A turn towards new blood or another chance for the old guard to keep the gate. Jan Blachowicz's run to the title (and his subsequent defense of it) was one of the COVID era's better storylines, but his loss to Glover in Abu Dhabi was equally as impactful and made me wonder how much Jan has left in the tank after such a crushing loss. Rakic on the other hand has made his way to the cusp of title contention at the cost of his reputation, but he's still a very good fighter (albeit not very exciting these days). I think Jan will make a very good account of himself, but ultimately I think Rakic will take the decision and move onto the winner of Glover/Jiri later this year

Spann vs. Cutelaba
Ion Cutelaba, TKO, R2
This may come off as blunt, but this is a pretty unremarkable fight between fringe top 15 guys. Sure Spann has a number next to his name (#13) but I can't imagine him keeping up with the top of the division, same goes for Ion. However, Cutelaba has more meme potential and I like the weird bastard, so I really hope he makes it a short night at the office

Smolka vs. Grant
Davey Grant, TKO, R1
Davey Grant is one of my favorite action fighters at 135, and even though he's coming off of two losses, they've been absolute dog fights. I think Smolka's run at 135 has had slightly better success than his days at flyweight, but that KO loss to Morales has me worried about his chin going forward. I think Grant's superior striking and power will get this done for him

Chookagian vs. Ribas
Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
As much as simps on r/MMA would disagree, Chookagian by decision is looking like a safe bet. Although with my luck, Ribas will snatch a sub in the first thirty seconds. Despite some past losses to 125 stalwarts, Chook's shown herself to be a solid gatekeeper to the title and I don't think Ribas will be able to cut in line.

Camacho vs. Torres
Manuel Torres, TKO, R1
Good lord Camacho's still fighting?

Hadley vs. Nascimento
Jake Hadley, DEC
I liked Hadley watching him in Cage Warriors, and I'm glad he's finally in the UFC. I wouldn't call this an easy out though, Nascimento is very much a live dog. I hope this one's exciting

Araujo vs. Lee
Andrea Lee, DEC
Interesting women's flyweight matchup, I'm leaning KGB but it's no wonder this is pretty much dead even.

Johnson vs. Patrick
Michael Johnson, TKO, R1
As much as I appreciate Michael Johnson's career in all of its chaos. He wrote the book on beating Barboza, KO'd Dustin Poirier, nearly decapitated Khabib (or so says Joe Rogan) and handed Tony Ferguson his last defeat for several years. Despite all that, it has been awhile since those accomplishments and I think he's on his way out. And his recent string of losses seem to support that with 4 straight L's over the last few years. BUT I hope he manages to finally snatch victory from the jaws of defeat on Saturday night and ride off into the sunset with a W

Jandiroba vs. Hill
Virna Jandiroba, DEC
Virna by a weird ass decision where it could argued that Hill actually won.

Candelario vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R1
Alright alright alright, everybody in the predictions when this was last scheduled convinced me on Taira. While he hasn't faced insane competition, Tatsuro's a **** hot grappler and I'm excited to see what he can do at flyweight

"For the Rest of your life; Go out, touch gloves...and fight."

Ezbrees99
Ezbrees99
  • Predictions:  1,233  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: -69

05.08.2022 | 8:47 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 370 Points   |   Tied for 2139th

TG we wont have to watch that goofy striking from Miesha 

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,873
  • Post Score: 115

05.08.2022 | 9:08 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 4 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3629th

11 fights!? Tf? Especially following the previous card, bad times for UFC

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,873
  • Post Score: 115

05.08.2022 | 9:09 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 4 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3629th

2 fights gets cancelled we’ll have 9 🤢

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.08.2022 | 9:17 PM ET

All their talent is locked into the summer cards

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,132  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,542
  • Post Score: 108

05.08.2022 | 10:47 PM ET

Keep sleeping, we'll let the DR. wake ya'll up.

* Edited at 05.08.2022, 10:47 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,506  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,341
  • Post Score: 168

05.08.2022 | 10:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2329th

Błachowicz vs. Rakić
Jan Błachowicz, DEC
I think Black owing

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Miserable, Mean, And We Can’t Stand Her
  • MMA Mania : PFL Salt Lake City Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest
  • MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient
  • UFC.com : Five Caio Borralho Fights To Watch Before UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Will Be Sanctioned as a Professional Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez confident she could impose her will against Zhang Weili: 'My grappling is very, very good'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 301 countdown’ video
  • MMA Mania : Sorry, Bobby! ‘Baddy’ Vs. Moicano ‘Would Be Very, Very Funny’
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Hernandez out of UFC 302 fight with Roman Dolidze
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 15-Month-Old Son
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 18-Month-Old Son
  • MMA Mania : ‘Nicolau Had Only What He Deserved’
  • MMAFighting.com : Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell to headline PFL event in Salt Lake City in June
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: 5 fighters potentially out 180 days