- Friday 06.22.2007
- U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View
- Promotion: Strikeforce
- Ownership: Strikeforce & EliteXC
- Venue: HP Pavilion
- Location: San Jose, California, United States
- Enclosure: Cage
- TV Announcers: Mauro Ranallo, Bill Goldberg, Jay Glazer
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon, Jr.
- Post-Fight Interviews: Bill Goldberg
- Ticket Revenue (live gate): $721,210
- Attendance: 9,672 (Paid: 8,584)
- PPV Buys / Buyrate: 35,000 | TV Ratings:
- MMA Bouts: 14
Daley vs. Ludwig (13)
Shamrock vs. Baroni (12), Buentello vs. Williams (8)
Le vs. Fryklund (11), Thomson vs. Gonzalez (10), Stewart vs. Von Flue (4), Kleinbeck vs. Spengler (1)
Rua vs. Villasenor (9), Berto vs. Valenzuela (7)
Strikeforce Wiki Update Wiki
In one of the biggest Strikeforce events of 2007, Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Baroni marked the promotion’s debut on Pay Per View. In featured action, Strikeforce U.S. Lightweight Champion Josh Thomson defeated Nick Gonzales, Cung Le defeated Tony Fryklund in his most impressive win yet, and Frank Shamrock—the biggest star in the promotion—defeated Phil Baroni by Rear Naked Choke in an exciting encounter to become the Strikeforce Middleweight Champion.
While the show did not approach the Pay Per View numbers that the UFC was doing at the time, the 35,000 buy rate was not a total disappointment for the regional promotion.