Topic: UFC on ABC 3

UFC on ABC 3: Ortega vs. Rodriguez

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,151
  • Post Score: 47

04.12.2022 | 11:46 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ABC 3
  • Saturday 07.16.2022 at 11:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ABC | Prelims: ESPN
  • Name: UFC on ABC 3: Ortega vs. Rodriguez
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Long Island
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UBS Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,110,000
  • Attendance: 16,979
  • TV Ratings: 951,000 avg. viewers
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Yair Rodriguez   defeats   Brian Ortega   via KO/TKO, Shoulder Injury   4:11 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Amanda Lemos   defeats   Michelle Waterson-Gomez   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:48 Round 2 of 3, 6:48 Total Bout Page
Jingliang Li   defeats   Muslim Salikhov   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground Strikes   4:38 Round 2 of 3, 9:38 Total Bout Page
Matt Schnell   defeats   Sumudaerji   via Submission, Triangle Choke   4:24 Round 2 of 3, 9:24 Total Bout Page
Shane Burgos   defeats   Charles Jourdain   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lauren Murphy   defeats   Miesha Tate   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Punahele Soriano   defeats   Dalcha Lungiambula   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left to Uppercut   0:28 Round 2 of 3, 5:28 Total Bout Page
Ricky Simón   defeats   Jack Shore   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:28 Round 2 of 3, 8:28 Total Bout Page
Bill Algeo   defeats   Herbert Burns   via KO/TKO, Exhaustion From Damage   1:50 Round 2 of 3, 6:50 Total Bout Page
Dustin Jacoby   defeats   Da Un Jung   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   3:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dustin Stoltzfus   defeats   Dwight Grant   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Emily Ducote   defeats   Jessica Penne   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 44

Hippie
Hippie

07.13.2022 | 9:54 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 941st

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,287  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,306
  • Post Score: 136

07.13.2022 | 10:00 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 2322nd

No but the can't do math crowd are roasting him for spending his money on some weird gift.
I swear the world needs better birth control.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,132  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,550
  • Post Score: 108

07.13.2022 | 10:13 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1289th

Thank ya'll for pointing out Schnell is a good dog here, rewatched his Royval fight.

Dude came to fight and looked good, def a great dog here.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,132  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,550
  • Post Score: 108

07.13.2022 | 10:40 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1289th

Does anybody have a vision that Waterson gets hurt almost immediately and either submitted or KO'd?

I really think she stands 0 chance, I hate the 'lock' term. But I mean I really don't see Waterson getting it done at all unless Lemos just stands in shadow boxing range 🤣

Am I crazy?

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,026  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,150
  • Post Score: 88

07.13.2022 | 10:47 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 172nd

I think she gets koed in the first round. I do not like that she had a near career ending injury before the grasso fight; not sure how she's gonna perform or if she's even 100% given that it happened back in march

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

TheDeanofMean
TheDeanofMean
  • Predictions:  274  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  295
  • Post Score: 166

07.13.2022 | 10:55 PM ET

Jourdain vs Burgos

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 2675th

This bout is a mind vs heart matchup IMO

I love Charles, awesome fighter, should be more of a fan favorite than he is, but while he’s a strong offensive kickboxer, his defense leaves a lot to be desired. At the same time, so is Burgos (even though his poor defense is deliberate so he can tear your body apart) but Charles tends to rely on shelling up and backing away at way too often of a rate. Burgos’s big gameplan is to pressure you non-stop with attrition boxing, slip counter strikes, and tear you to pieces against the wall. His hands are constantly at his waist to more easily tear at your body, a problem Charles will certainly run into because his most common defensive option is to cover up, step backwards and leave his body exposed.

I don’t find it improbable Charles can knock him out, but the odds are not looking great just from the tape I’ve watched

Heart vs Mind…

"Who the **** is Keith?"

Thcles
Thcles
  • Predictions:  2,468  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 317

07.13.2022 | 11:07 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1053rd

Ortega vs. Rodriguez
Brian Ortega, SUB, R3
ortega by armlock

"Instagram: @thcles"

Daebak
Daebak
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  297
  • Post Score: 109

07.13.2022 | 11:21 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 1607th

Bold prediction, this time next year Brian is the champ. Great insights from his interview, he's honest about his errors and understanding where he needs to be improve. I think he can do it, he's demonstrated before he can make big leaps in his full mma skill set when he applies himself and puts the right people in his camp.

Maybe I'm reading too much into Yair's statements but when the reporter asks him how he prepared for Brian's BJJ he says "stay off the floor". Ok, great plan Yair - but what happens when you do end up on the floor, there's 5 rounds. At some point he's probably going to have to defend from the ground in those 25 minutes. His weak TDD lost him the Max fight so great that he worked on TDD but I don't like the answer, I don't like his energy and I don't like his discipline. I think he's going to fight scared and I think Brian will ultimately shut him down and will take Yair's tools away from him as the fight progresses. 
paulopasta
paulopasta

07.13.2022 | 11:28 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 67th

I think Karate Hottie loses a lopsided decision then retires. Idk why but it would seem like the right time considering this is a big show and she’s got very little incentive to fight considering her injuries and the fact that she can probably do whatever she wants after fighting
Spudgreg
Spudgreg
  • Predictions:  2,453  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,728
  • Post Score: 189

07.13.2022 | 11:56 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 856th

Hopefully they get rid of the adesanya vs cannonier advert this week. Don’t have a clue why they kept playing it at the last fight night. People doing the promoting are not following their own events lol
MMAFan223
MMAFan223
  • Predictions:  13,137  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  315
  • Post Score: 204

07.14.2022 | 12:00 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 114th

Picking Lemos cause the Karate Hottie can't inflict any damage these days but Lemos's run is so overrated. Beats 4 terrible girls, definitely loses to Angela Hill and then gets subbed by Andrade in a round. The fact that Andrade was only -160 against her mid week before that card was unbelieve. 
AC0293
AC0293
  • Predictions:  695  |  51.1%
  • Forum Posts:  133
  • Post Score: 29

07.14.2022 | 2:07 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 485th

Penne vs. Ducote
Emily Ducote, TKO, R2
Penne hasn't really won against any big names recently. The Godinez SD result two fights back was a questionable decision at best. She's more of a distance fighter. The tape on Emily shows some solid hands and she's pretty quick, Jessica doesn't have the best of chins... I think Emily is gonna be too much for her to handle and she calls it a career after this one.. she ain't no female

"Walk by Faith, not by sight."

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,287  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,306
  • Post Score: 136

07.14.2022 | 3:22 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 2322nd

Interesting I think 2 or even 3 girlfights end in ko.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

07.14.2022 | 3:35 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 3343rd

Simón vs. Shore
Jack Shore, DEC
Why didn't they book this for UFC London? It's a perfect fit.

Jacoby vs. Jung
Da Un Jung, DEC
Great matchup! I'm 0-2 picking against Jung so I think I'll take the risk this time.

"🌽⚽️"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,835  |  73.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,198
  • Post Score: 192

07.14.2022 | 3:43 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 1599th

Waterson vs. Lemos
Amanda Lemos, TKO, R1
Waterson has suffered many injuries in a short period of time and this has led her to consider retirement. Waterson is mainly a striker and I think this can allow Amanda Lemos to land good combinations hurt her with some good hand and get the TKO or Submission. In recent weeks many fighters like Wineland, Jessica Eye and Cowboy Cerrone have left the gloves in the center of the octagon, the general change in the top 15 has been very remarkable in the last 2 years. I consider that this will be Waterson's last fight and she will most likely end up being finished

Li vs. Salikhov
Muslim Salikhov, DEC
Jingliang Li vs. Muslim Salikhov is a really interesting duel, since Li's fighting base is Sanda and this Saturday he will face the King of Kung Fu, who was named for being a multiple champion in Sanda and for being the most decorated foreigner in Chinese Sanda. Tough comeback fight for Jingliang: he faces a fighter with a style very similar to his, but with much more experience in striking. Salikhov is 38 years old, but I consider that this fight will be the beginning of his last chance to climb the rankings, the category is dominated by wrestlers but his KO power can help him get into the Top 10.

Soriano vs. Lungiambula
Punahele Soriano, TKO, R1
The most curious thing about this confrontation is that despite being strikers, both fighters have a great background in Judo. Soriano looked bad in his last fight, but I doubt Dalcha will be as aggressive looking for takedowns as Maximov. Dalcha changed weight class looking for more success, but finds himself 1-2 on a 2-fight losing streak where none of his performance has been good, showing less cardio than at light heavyweight. Soriano is also on a 2 fight losing streak, but I don't think his TDD is as bad as it looked against a grappler like Maximov, both fighters don't have great cardio either, but this matchup was made mainly so that Soriano has a chance to recover and come back with fresh air to the category, managing to connect a great bomb to get a victory by KO in the first round

Simón vs. Shore
Jack Shore, DEC
Both are very good wrestlers and usually the clash of 2 wrestlers or grapplers ends up being decided in striking. Simon is one of the best wrestlers in the division and has hovered around the bottom of the top 15 for several years, but hasn't managed to establish himself as a top 10 yet. Jack Shore is an interesting prospect who has already proven himself in grappling and in his last fight he managed to impose his striking. Of the 2, Shore seems to me the best striker: the one with the most solid KO power and combinations. I think Shore can take the fight by decision or even a 2nd or 3rd round stoppage, the Welsh fighter has a great team and has been a Cage Warriors prospect who has earned his spot without overhype or high spots on the cards without demonstrating something quite concrete, everything has been step by step and the next step to go is called Ricky Simon

Jacoby vs. Jung
Da Un Jung, SUB, R2
Jacoby has great kickboxing experience, high volume of combinations, variety of strikes and excellent cardio. Jung, leaving aside his draw against Alvey, has always shown a high level and of the fighters he seems to me the most complete: Jung has KO power, good cardio, various tools in striking, finishing ability and against Knight he showed a good ground game managing to take down and control on the ground multiple times a Kinght whose physical power allowed him to reverse and take down Aleksa Camur (Stipe Miocic's teammate) several times, even Knight's strength made it difficult for a solid wrestler like Devin Clark to take him to the ground during the start of the fight. Despite being an even duel in striking, Jacoby has the advantage in the volume of strikes, however Jung has proven to be an intelligent fighter and have a team that knows how to vary strategies, taking Jacoby to the ground from the start as he did Cutelaba removes all the dangerousness of Jacoby's striking, even the control time can lead him to submit Jacoby who has been finished 3 times when he has been taken to the ground.

Penne vs. Ducote
Emily Ducote, TKO, R2
A good fight for the debut in the UFC for the Invicta FC champion. Emily Ducote is 5-1 since her return to strawweight, in her time with Invicta FC she demonstrated solid striking and considerable KO power, Ducote has a background in high school and collegiate wrestling as well as being a Black Belt in BJJ . Jessica Penne is dangerous on the ground, but throughout her career she has shown poor striking defense. In my opinion if Ducote manages to defend the takedowns and doesn't get into Penne's guard, she will get a Standing TKO in the second round. In my opinion Ducote has Top 15 potential in the UFC strawweights, 1.57 m may not be an impressive height for the category but Ducote already has experience fighting bigger fighters in Bellator's women's flyweight division. Ducote has a great technical level in striking (for example, his KOs against Morandin and Taylor) and fighters like Jessica Andrade (who became champion) and Tecia Torres with a height of 1.55 m managed to establish themselves at the top of the category, so only time and his upcoming fights will determine if Ducote has the caliber to break into the ranking.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,816
  • Post Score: 141

07.14.2022 | 4:21 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1254th

Did not think I would have much time to make picks this card, but I actually do. Also my picks were better last card so going to give it a go this time too and see how I go.

I did not think I would have many strong opinions or takes on this card but it turns out that I actually do. There are some spots I really, really like.

Just going to watch some fights of Burns/Algeo, Shore/Simon, Penne/Ducote and Grant/Stoltzfus and will make my picks tomorrow. I think many are worried about this card but it may turn out to be a lot simpler in actual fact.

One important thing to remember, its on ABC. Going to a wide audience and gives the UFC a chance to showcase fighters to a large audience. They are not going to waste that chance. So think a bit about each match up and who the UFC want to showcase and win. And also remember it's in Long Island. The NYSAC is one of the worst of all time so expect lots and lots of decisions that make no sense, and again, remember who the UFC wants to win.
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,816
  • Post Score: 141

07.14.2022 | 4:23 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1254th

Also one more thing that struck me as being really strange. We have a UFC London card coming up very soon. Why is Jack Shore, one of the most promising UK prospects on this card in the US and not on the UK card? 

Interesting to think about. I think I know why but will put it in my picks tomorrow.
Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,541  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,308
  • Post Score: 150

07.14.2022 | 6:30 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 524th

LONG LIVE RUSTY 
shaqalicious023
shaqalicious023
  • Predictions:  494  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 80

07.14.2022 | 6:42 AM ET

Analysis and predictions video for Balkan fans

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 524th

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

07.14.2022 | 8:04 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1103rd

* Edited at 07.14.2022, 8:04 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Page 44

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• LFA 183 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Lucas Fernando vs. João Paulo Silva - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the LFA 183 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Lucas Fernando 84% João Paulo Silva 16%
  • Lucas Fernando (9-3-0) RJ, BR is the #11th Pro Mens Middleweight in Brazil.
  • João Paulo "JP" Silva (8-2-0) SP, BR is the #25th Pro Mens Middleweight in Brazil.
  • LFA 183 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Complexo Ribalta in Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • ONE Fight Night 22 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Reece McLaren vs. Yong Hu - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the ONE Fight Night 22 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Reece McLaren 69% Yong Hu 31%
  • Reece "Lightning" McLaren (16-9-0) QLD, AU is the #153rd Top Bantamweight MMA fighter.
  • Yong "Wolf Warrior" Hu (12-4-0) จ.ชลบุรี, TH is the #234th Top Bantamweight MMA fighter.
  • ONE Fight Night 22 features 4 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand