Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Daukaus

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,149
  • Post Score: 47

11.13.2021 | 3:11 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 03.26.2022 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Daukaus
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Columbus
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Nationwide Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,921,988
  • Attendance: 18,630
  • TV Ratings: 677k avg. viewers (593k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Curtis Blaydes   defeats   Chris Daukaus   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground Strikes   0:17 Round 2 of 5, 5:17 Total Bout Page
Alexa Grasso   defeats   Joanne Wood   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bryan Barberena   defeats   Matt Brown   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kai Kara-France   defeats   Askar Askarov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Neil Magny   defeats   Max Griffin   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marc Diakiese   defeats   Viacheslav Borshchev   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sara McMann   defeats   Karol Rosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Gutierrez   defeats   Batgerel Danaa   via KO/TKO, Spinning Backfist and Elbows   2:34 Round 2 of 3, 7:34 Total Bout Page
Aliaskhab Khizriev   defeats   Denis Tiuliulin   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:58 Round 2 of 3, 6:58 Total Bout Page
Manon Fiorot   defeats   Jennifer Maia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Matheus Nicolau   defeats   David Dvořák   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Luis Saldaña   defeats   Bruno Souza   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 29

hlgh
hlgh
  • Predictions:  1,777  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  175
  • Post Score: 201

03.24.2022 | 9:09 AM ET

@njrp77

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2165th

I fixed my post a bit for nit picky people like you, who have no comprehension of seeing a bigger, more obvious picture I'm trying to get across in the post.

The difference between a 6+ leg parlay from the same card, and a small 2-3 leg parlay is obviously vastly different. This is the point I'm making at the end of the day.

Could it have been worded/said better? Sure, but I think anyone with some IQ could understand what I was trying to get at. But hey, some people just have to spew **** out of their mouth instead of add anything constructive.

"Youtube capper splits sheets avaliable in Twitter bio."

bemore
bemore
  • Predictions:  46  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  282
  • Post Score: 123

03.24.2022 | 9:27 AM ET

@hlgh

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 596th

You're right but you could still get +950 odds on the same card @ 8/12 with your favorites only. You're playing it even extra safe by adding favorites from the next card. But damn if you put 15 of the favorites of your choice for 2 cards together you can take them at +9500. So even if you only get 60%, if your confident in that 60%, combine them from 2 cards and throw away 100 you could make 10k not too uncomfortably tbh. You're speaking sense .. but add some more risk to see the real reward

edit: lol actually I just described what @theproishiphop did in that picture. Damn, that's a plug. Never ceases to amaze me how one can get creative with their betting

* Edited at 03.24.2022, 9:39 AM ET *

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

03.24.2022 | 9:29 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 596th

Yeah I'm in the uk I use Ladbrokes, it only lets you bet on 1 whole card at a time and only on the week of that card , I might change to paddy power cos I just looked and at least it is showing the whole 273 card too 
hlgh
hlgh

03.24.2022 | 9:39 AM ET

@bemore and welsh

You're 100% right bemore, gotta give a lil more risk for that big reward.

@Welsh, you ever try bovada or sportsbetting.ag? Offshore books I'm not sure if they're available in the UK, but I would assume so?

You should definitely try to get a book where they have future cards early, it's a real good way to get that value early and make more $ betting.

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998

03.24.2022 | 9:47 AM ET

Yeah I know, pisses me off, I did go in once and do a 6 way parlay over a few months , made about 400-450 profit, I will try those us ones 
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998

03.24.2022 | 9:56 AM ET

No just tried and it said unavailable on aportsbetting.ag, wasn't to pay by credit card and said that, probably as I'm in the uk , I will stick with paddypower at least il get the following card too
Jack_95
Jack_95
  • Predictions:  478  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 202

03.24.2022 | 10:13 AM ET

@welshguy

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 234th

I told someone on here from the UK to use Paddy power. Has more fights months in advance compared to other sites

Plus on Paddy power you can bet on a ko/tko and submission separately getting much better odds. Most just have it combined to just any stoppage
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,438
  • Post Score: 129

03.24.2022 | 10:39 AM ET

@frankfilthyjoji

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 26th with 4 others

Sure, I have Saldana Nicolau Kara-France and Barbarena all sitting at under 30% at Tapology when I last checked. Gutierrez was at 37% as I mentioned and is my 5th dog.

@hlgh Very well said on betting.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,438
  • Post Score: 129

03.24.2022 | 10:44 AM ET

@hlgh

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 26th with 4 others

I will say though about the timing of betting that while you're absolutely right that being early can net you a great line, the same can be said for being very late.

I'm talking about betting dogs, especially big dogs where the line keep moving all the way up til the fighters are entering the cage and there's a combination of last minute parlay and spur of the moment betting coupled with FOMO where people rush to put money on the favorite and you can get a really big extra edge.

It doesn't apply to all bookies so you gotta have a bookie that will adjust the odds live ( a lot of them go the other way and lower the odds on both sides just before match start in anticipation of mitigating livebet losses).
The ones I have that will adjust up lines until the last minute is Pinnacle and Betfair.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,873
  • Post Score: 115

03.24.2022 | 10:48 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 3424th

Does Nicolau train with Jackson Wink or Nova Unao? I hate when sites have 2 different training camps listed

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

hlgh
hlgh

03.24.2022 | 11:05 AM ET

@gliese58i

Appreciate it!

And yeah, I feel like that's our job as MMA handicappers to KNOW or do our best to know which fighters lines will move which way. Always have to think about factors like public betting coming in on a fighter, recency bias, injuries, all kind of things.

I've also been trying to study the different books as best  I can, cause you can truly take advantage of it.

For me, I notice if you're in the states. Use BetMGM for good odds on fights, they typically change their lines late or not at all. DraftKings does the best for live betting, as they seem to keep the lines open the longest and give you good odds as well live (don't suggest using their odds for pre-betting as they're terrible).

FanDuel, DraftKings and BetMGM have early lines for fights too, so you can take advantage of that on all of them. I personally think FanDuel is terrible when lines come out, so they're the best to take adv of.

* Edited at 03.24.2022, 11:05 AM ET *

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,327  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

03.24.2022 | 11:15 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 433rd

I honestly think MMA capping is one of the best ways to gamble on sports.  There are always angles in everything.  I just think for people that are not just casuals, there is some real value in MMA wagering.

I also think the bookies are getting wise and putting a lot more caps on their early lines.  They throw out these arbitrary lines before fully opening up the books on their lines.  I would say you can still find some gems and especially on the regional scene.

A couple that come to mind recently both happened on back to back nights.  On March 4th, a post-lim fight between Elijah Harris and former Bellator vet Chuck Campbell on Cage Warriors 133 (I believe).  Campbell hadn't fought in three years and his last loss was a split decision robbery where he clearly beat Tyrell Fortune.  I am sure it caused him some frustration but my God, they set Chuck Campbell as a +140 underdog.  I was able to snag him at +110 (because of my book releasing it late) and the ******* line in 48 hours moved as high as -410 when it closed.  Chuck Campbell cruised to a non competitive UD.  Elijah Harris going into that fight was a middling amateur that fought subpar competition and was 2-0 as a pro in some smoker Gladiator Challenge league in Cali with wins over a 1-0 and 0-2 opponent.  Free money.

The very next day, Khulekani Hlongwa vs Diego Bandu on a South African EFC 92 card.  I think I caught a few books cheating to get lines ahead of the curve because Tapology listed the wrong Hlongwa.  They listed  Mzwandile "Shakebone" Hlongwa on this site and a few books had him as the opponent.  But Shakebone is a monster of a middleweight (go look at his fights on UFC Fight Pass or YouTube).  Khulekani "Cold Steel" Hlongwa is a subpar middleweight with a mediocre losing record.  And more importantly than anything else is that Diego "PangaMan" Bandu is a an absolute savage beast.  He is a stone cold killer in the Octagon.  But they had him listed against a savvy veteran who is a nasty striker in Shakebone instead of the actual Hlongwa.  Diego was listed as a +170 underdog.  Due to the error they limited me to $30 bets so I had to create some accounts on a few books that would accept.  PangaMan beat his ass for 15 minutes to a vicious Unanimous Decision.  I honestly think he was testing his cardio and playing with his food.  Anyways, that ended up being a nice weekend.

* Edited at 03.24.2022, 11:37 AM ET *

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,873
  • Post Score: 115

03.24.2022 | 11:20 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 3424th

Same with Saldana, does he train with Fight Ready or MMA Lab 😓

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,669  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,524
  • Post Score: 13

03.24.2022 | 11:34 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1928th

yea but a lot of handicappers are biased or have ****** ideas. like people say dog or pass are great but cj saftic constantly tries to make fighters seem like ****, i remember when he just crapped on every opponent islam makhachev faced. he also is usually bias(atleast for me. a good example is chris curtis- he picked him because he knew him). another one thats bias is die hard mma, he actually can be good at this but he constantly makes the same mistake and thats being bias and over exagerrating small holes in a fighters game. hes backed william knight in every ufc fight hes had lol, that should tell you something.

there are some rare good ones like lucrative mma. but its tough to find a good one. maybe i can be one hehe

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop

03.24.2022 | 11:40 AM ET

CJ is a good dude.  And he really knows his stuff.  He backed Chris Curtis twice and rightfully so.  He was on the fence against Brendan Allen a little more but Action Man fights for your money.  That is what you want in a fighter.  And he was right about fading Phil Hawes.  Hawes is a liability... now had he backed up Action Man on Dricus Du Plessis before Curtis broke his wrist, then I would have really faded him.  But you have to go with who you prefer, for sure.  At the end of the day, it's about making money.  If you are profitable that is really all that matters.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,026  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,141
  • Post Score: 88

03.24.2022 | 11:41 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1563rd

@modest pretty sure he trains at fight ready

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,669  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,524
  • Post Score: 13

03.24.2022 | 11:44 AM ET

theproishiphop

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1928th

honestly curtis beat guys that are better than du plessis. but yea cj does know some hidden info which is nice. i just dont like the way he ****s on fighters

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

HiDefff
HiDefff

03.24.2022 | 11:45 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 2806th

not to mention he's up like 300K in the last calendar year and gives the plays away for free on twitter. 
theproishiphop
theproishiphop

03.24.2022 | 11:51 AM ET

I should clarify.  Had he put Action Man as high as where he slotted him against Phil Hawes I would have faded it hard.  I think Du Plessis brings a much harder match up.  I hear what you are saying as far as respect to fighters.  I think when he and Paul are trying to make their case it's him trying to make a compelling argument speaking for his dollar and not his personal sentiments to them as people.  He really takes the emotion out of it.  I also know that he has said, if you were on Phil Hawes do not be messaging him on Twitter *****ing about how he ****** up your ticket.  He says do not tweet at fighters about your wagers, good or bad, at all.  I think that is really important.  He also is an advocate to making the sport safe.  He has talked about dissuading regional cards in his area from allowing certain fighters to fight that are clearly concussion prone or have a bad history of it.  He isn't a perfect person but I think his bluntness is more to emphasize why he doesn't want to put money on one side or the other.  But, I can see how calling a fighter a "bum" may offend you.

theproishiphop
theproishiphop

03.24.2022 | 11:56 AM ET

And I know this doesn't go here... but I do think Du Plessis is going to **** up Fluffy pretty good.  I think Hernandez is going to be a much better fight for him than Chris Curtis.

Page 29

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video at 3 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Martinez questions Jose Aldo's motivation in UFC return: 'I don't think he wants to be here'
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo agreed to box on Paul vs. Tyson card before taking UFC 301 fight, interested in Manny Pacquiao match
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul says Mike Tyson the one who requested a professional bout: 'I'm going to f*cking put him down'
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Ready to Embrace the Backlash He’ll Receive by KO’ing Mike Tyson: ‘I’m Going to F*cking Put Him Down’
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Predictions, Main Card Preview And Betting Lines
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor 'disgusted' by Ryan Garcia's positive drug test: 'Get your head together or kill yourself'
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Has there been a UFC pay-per-view with less buzz than UFC 301?
  • Jits Magazine : Four Former Trials Winners Given Invites To ADCC 2024
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Hopes to ‘Finish His Story’ at UFC 302 with a Lightweight Title Victory Over Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Puking Gomis Pulled from UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Cameron splits with Matchroom, signs with Queensberry
  • MMA Junkie : William Gomis vs. Jean Silva scrapped from UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins, bout cancelled
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Cal Ellenor vs Niall Wilson
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter lands just one punch for 11-second knockout
  • MMA Mania : Updated UFC 301 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins
  • MMA Junkie : Brendan Loughnane vs. Justin Gonzales headlines 2024 PFL 6 in South Dakota