Topic: UFC 270

UFC 270: N'Gannou vs. Gane

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,041
  • Post Score: 47

09.27.2021 | 8:34 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 270
  • Saturday 01.22.2022 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Honda Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $5,290,213
  • Attendance: 17,387
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 421,000 avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Francis NGannou   defeats   Ciryl Gane   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Brandon Moreno   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Andre Fialho   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Said Nurmagomedov   defeats   Cody Stamann   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   0:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Michael Morales   defeats   Trevin Giles   via KO/TKO, Counter Right to Ground Strikes   4:06 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Victor Henry   defeats   Raoni Barcelos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jack Della Maddalena   defeats   Pete Rodriguez   via KO/TKO, Counter Left   2:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tony Gravely   defeats   Saimon Oliveira   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Matt Frevola   defeats   Genaro Valdéz   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Vanessa Demopoulos   defeats   Silvana Gómez Juárez   via Submission, Armbar   2:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jasmine Jasudavicius   defeats   Kay Hansen   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 41

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,997  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,084
  • Post Score: 88

01.20.2022 | 2:45 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1189th

Yeah you could tell something wasn’t right when it had been 20 seconds into the fight and he hadn’t even attempted a strike 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

shaqalicious023
shaqalicious023
  • Predictions:  494  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  121
  • Post Score: 81

01.20.2022 | 3:39 PM ET

Analysis and predictions video for Balkan fans

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.20.2022 | 3:40 PM ET

Live Now

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 2715th

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

01.20.2022 | 3:55 PM ET

It has been done

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 2477th

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.20.2022 | 4:04 PM ET

Now that got me ******* amped, good **** 

J T M s i s h
J T M s i s h
  • Predictions:  215  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 312

01.20.2022 | 4:04 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 525th

N'Gannou vs. Gane
Francis N'Gannou, TKO, R1
Francis N’Gannou - Personally, I want to see Francis keep the title. Thing is though, the way Gane sticks and moves, the tempo of his striking, his ability to break rhythms and the fact that he can do it for five rounds makes this easily Francis’ hardest test to date. The thing is: all Francis needs is a single opportunity between Gane coming in or going out to absolutely end the fight. We all know that if Francis connects it’s game over. Gane is likely willing to play it safe, after 10 minutes without too much recklessness and Gane should have it in the bag. The wisest choice would be Gane by decision, but something tells me we’re seeing some “zzzzzz” in the main event. 🔴 40% (DEC 4% - FIN 36%) 🔵 60% (DEC 35% - FIN 25%)

Moreno vs. Figueiredo III
Brandon Moreno, DEC
Brandon Moreno - as far as title fights go this one and the next one are about as close to “too close to call” as possible. Figgy hits you hard! I mean really ******* hard! Moreno was super confident in the last bout and dominated. Figgy’s weight cut and the fact that he has a future going up a weight class in the UFC means that at least he can stomach losing this belt for good. This pick might as well be based entirely on emotion but I think Moreno gets it done, probably on the cards this time. And still. 🔴 55% (DEC 33% - FIN 22%) 🔵 45% (DEC 30% - FIN 15%)

Pereira vs. Fialho
Michel Pereira, TKO, R2
Michel Pereira - This is probably the most certain pick I have on this card. Pereira was set to face Muslim Salikhov, the King of Kung-Fu, originally. Andre Fialho is not Muslim Salikhov. Fialho is a heavy hitting striker that slows down by about 11 minutes, his ground game is limited and against an aggressive striker like Pereira he moves backwards without throwing anything back. Outside of a puncher’s chance Pereira should have this in the bag, most likely by finish. Lock of the night. 🔴 75% (DEC 26% - FIN 49%) 🔵 25% (DEC 7% - FIN 18%)

Stamann vs. Nurmagomedov
Said Nurmagomedov, DEC
Said Nurmagamedov - I can’t see the threat of Cody’s wrestling being much of an issue in this fight. Said’s takedown defence is incredibly impressive. He’s also pretty ******* good on the feet. Cody doesn’t really set up his takedowns, he just tries to duck under shots and get double legs. That’s just not wise to do against a Sambo guy that prefers to **** you up on the feet. Unless Cody can gain some momentum with his wrestling in the first 6 minutes he’s in for a really rough night. There’s an alright chance in Said getting a finish but most likely the judges will be involved for this one. 🔴 40% (DEC 32% - FIN 8%) 🔵 60% (DEC 39% - FIN 21%)

Vieira vs. Turman
Rodolfo Vieira, SUB, R2
Rodolfo Vieira? - Vieira’s stand up has improved in leaps and bounds, his jiu jitsu is fire, he’s learned to slow down his aggression and not immediately engage in a grapplefest. However as everyone knows his gas tank ****s itself after about 6 minutes. If Turman can engage the grappling first whilst keeping himself safe he should be able to wear out Vieira and clean his clock or choke him out by late round two or early round three. Of course trying this against the Black Belt Hunter is a massive risk. Turman is slightly better on the feet but I don’t think it is of huge concern. This is almost too close to call. 🔴 50% (DEC 15% - FIN 35%) 🔵 50% (DEC 20% - FIN 30%)

Topuria vs. Jourdain
Ilia Topuria, DEC
Illia Topuria - Straight away this fight is going to be a battle for the centre of the octagon. Jourdain is coming off his best performance inside the UFC and is an incredibly entertaining fighter to watch. Thing is, like so many of these fights, he’s coming in on less than two weeks notice. Jourdain and Evloev are very different fighters so this could throw a spanner in the works of my prediction BUT Topuria is really ******* good! Topuria has a superb ground game and will likely push to keep this fight on the mat and escape taking too many shots. I reckon this will likely go all the way. 🔴 70% (DEC 42% - FIN 28%) 🔵 30% (DEC 21% - FIN 8%)

Barcelos vs. Henry
Victor Henry, DEC
Victor Henry - This is a MASSIVE shout. Raoni Barcelos is very good. He’s generally takes control of his fights, dictating the pace, firing leg kicks at will, etc etc etc. BUT; Henry is a multiple promotion champion, doesn’t see himself in the UFC for a long time but a good time. Initially he took this fight on two weeks notice before testing positive for the coof and has seen this fight rescheduled twice. I think he has absolutely nothing to lose. Raoni lost his last bout. I think there’s something dangerous brewing here. Can’t **** a man who has nothing to lose. 🔴 40% (DEC 32% - FIN 8%) 🔵 60% (DEC 42% - FIN 18%)

Morales vs. Giles
Michael Morales, TKO, R3
Michael Morales - Giles is going down to welterweight for the first time in his UFC career - this, as we’ve seen recently, hasn’t historically gone well for most fighters. Morales is a TOUGH test. This debutant has a ton of momentum and has a unique and affective fighting style. Very competent on the feet and mixes in the wrestling really well when needed. I like Giles, he’s a good fighter, but he engages too much in the clinch and takes too many risks on the feet. I’m thinking Morales gets a finish here, probably a late one. 🔴 65% (DEC 30% - FIN 36%) 🔵 35% (DEC 24% - FIN 10%

Maddalena vs. Rodriguez
Jack Della Maddalena, TKO, R1
Jack Della Maddelena - Rodriguez is a short notice replacement and even with an undefeated record of 4-0; he’s only pro experience amounts to less than a single round. Della’s two loses came in his first two pro fights and he’s currently on a 10 fight winning streak. Della’s got a solid chin and can take himself into deep waters. My only worry is that Della takes an unnecessary amount of shots but his performance on DWCS showed us that he’s a ******* warrior. Outside of a possible first round knockout this should be Della’s all day. 🔴 70% (DEC 21% - FIN 49%) 🔵 30% (DEC 1% - FIN 29%)

Gravely vs. Oliveira
Saimon Oliveira, SUB, R1
Saimon Oliveira - Yet another close one. I think Gravely can maintain is composure and control on the mat but Oliveira has a nasty guillotine and can sink it in at any point in the fight. Where Oliveira sets himself apart is on the feet. He’s weirdly similar to Charles Oliveira in terms of his stand up. Not exactly a knockout artist but his shots clearly hurt! He throws unorthodox spinning attacks, his hands are high and though his gas tank is relatively questionable - the nastiness in his strikes survives throughout the fight. 🔴 45% (DEC 23% - FIN 22%) 🔵 55% (DEC 22% - FIN 33%)

Demopoulos vs. Juárez
Silvana Gómez Juárez, DEC
Silvana Gomez Juarez - Demopoulos is pretty good. She has an interesting and aggressive stand up game and wicked-good jiu jitsu. HOWEVER, she’s so keen to accept bottom position that so often in her fights it looks like she constantly gets taken down. I see this all the time in women’s MMA and it’s really frustrating and dumb. Anyway Juarez doesn’t have much of a ground game but has really good stand up fundamentals. Demopoulos will try to take the fight to the ground, get hit coming in, try to pull Juarez into her guard, Juarez will end up in top position, hit her a few times, get up and call her to her feet. Vanessa is the better all-round fighter but outside of an early submission I think Silvana will take her to the bell for an infuriating 15 minutes. 🔴 55% (DEC 38% - FIN 17%) 🔵 45% (DEC 16% - FIN 29%)

Frevola vs. Valdéz
Matt Frevola, DEC
Matt Frevola - So often gas tanks win fights. Gerano is ******* WILD on the feet but he rarely has gotten outside the first round. Unless we see some Terrance McKinney type ****; I think Frevola wrestles Gerano in the first, maybe even loses the round, then takes advantage of a knackered Gerano to smash him to pieces by the cage and on the ground. Possible 10-8s all the way if it goes to the judges - which I don’t think it will. 🔴 60% (DEC 36% - FIN 24%) 🔵 40% (DEC 8% - FIN 32%)

Jasudavicius vs. Hansen
Kay Hansen, DEC
Kay Hansen - The first fight and we’re already in parlay busting territory. Hansen does take shots she doesn’t have to but this is precisely to get close to her opponent to get the fight to the mat. She’s got a better ground game than Jasudavicius who tends to want the fight on the mat despite the height and reach advantage she’ll have in almost all her fights. Hansen could use Jasudavicius’ long limbs to her advantage and get a sub. The best finishing threat Jasudavicius has is a knee to Hansen during a takedown attempt. I reckon Hansen grinds out a decision. 🔴 55% (DEC 35% - FIN 20%) 🔵 45% (DEC 31% - FIN 14%)

"Seeking that perfect prediction for bants and bragging rights (and hopefully a little extra cash)."

Standard_Split
Standard_Split
  • Predictions:  12  |  83.3%
  • Forum Posts:  179
  • Post Score: 168

01.20.2022 | 4:19 PM ET

So in a french interview, Gane denied that he was ever knocked down, or knocked out by Ngannou in sparring.
When asked why he thought Ngannou would say such a thing, said he wasn't sure..maybe mind games.
When asked about the same situation (separately), Fernand Lopez said it did happen, but Gane wasn't knocked down or knocked out. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.20.2022 | 4:21 PM ET

Yeah I have no idea what to make of the whole thing. It’s pretty ******** they keep mentioning training footage at all because everyone knows francis can ko gane regardless. It makes sense neither Fernand or gane wants to admit to it tho. Again, no idea if it’s true but if I got ko’ed in sparring I wouldn’t admit to it either 

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

01.20.2022 | 4:35 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 4112th

Why even mention what happened on training, let's just see what happens on Saturday night and then debate. 

"****."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.20.2022 | 4:41 PM ET

Poll: Am I completed ******** for picking Stamann by dec?

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1549th

Downvote for yes, upvote for no.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.20.2022 | 4:44 PM ET

I’m with you on stamann 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.20.2022 | 5:14 PM ET

Brodybjb
Brodybjb
  • Predictions:  3,605  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: 111

01.20.2022 | 5:19 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 4012th

Maddalena vs. Rodriguez
Jack Della Maddalena, TKO, R2
Pete has a chance like most fighters with heavey hands he can get the knock out but thats way less likely than jack just picking him apart from the outside and since pete has never seen a 2nd round in his pro career and since he took this fight on very short notice jack being the great striker he is finding the opening on the tired pete and knocking him out in the 2nd round

"Boom roasted - Ben Askren"

KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,224  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,530
  • Post Score: 196

01.20.2022 | 5:22 PM ET

@fish

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 2604th

You are ******** but it has nothing to do with you picking Stamann

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.20.2022 | 5:24 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.20.2022 | 5:42 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 2715th

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

PrincePyda
PrincePyda
  • Predictions:  1,069  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 64

01.20.2022 | 5:51 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2111th

**** N'gannou vs Gane to conflicting one my mind almost blow up for this it's like "skill vs power"
the distance & management from Gane or the massive touch from N'Gannou ,hard to be sure.

* Edited at 01.20.2022, 6:19 PM ET *

"Be Positive to be happy"

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

01.20.2022 | 6:00 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 4112th

I think getting 13/13 picks right on this card is close to impossible, a lot can happen. 

"****."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.20.2022 | 6:03 PM ET

I’m going to do it 

PrincePyda
PrincePyda
  • Predictions:  1,069  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 64

01.20.2022 | 6:18 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2111th

Brief for the bouts that am looking for:

N'Gannou vs Gane
Power vs Distance ,my mind was blowing by thinking who's gonna win this

Morono vs Figuiredo
So close soooo close someone want to continue his dream & other want retain what he lost probably it's gonna be a long night for both of them

Pereira vs Fialhoik 
The acrobatic master is back 😂 ,I dont knew Fialhoik but according to his records will gonna be tough for Pereira at most cases one of them gonna finish the other

Vieira vs Turman
I am on fire 🔥🔥 to see this ,the jujutsu master with his toughest test in MMA

Topuria vs Jourdain
Topuria is no joke ,but Jourdain shows a lot improvement in his last bought by that don't see it with that with that big advantage for Topuria as all sees it 

"Be Positive to be happy"

Page 41

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’