Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Aldo

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,026
  • Post Score: 47

08.25.2021 | 3:52 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 12.04.2021 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • TV Ratings: 592,000 avg. viewers (400k prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
José Aldo   defeats   Rob Font   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Brad Riddell   via KO/TKO, Wheel Kick   2:20 Round 3 of 3, 12:20 Total Bout Page
Jamahal Hill   defeats   Jimmy Crute   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   0:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Clay Guida   defeats   Leonardo Santos   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:21 Round 2 of 3, 6:21 Total Bout Page
Chris Curtis   defeats   Brendan Allen   via KO/TKO, Punches and Knees   1:58 Round 2 of 3, 6:58 Total Bout Page
Alex Morono   defeats   Mickey Gall   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Duško Todorović   defeats   Maki Pitolo   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:34 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Manel Kape   defeats   Zhalgas Zhumagulov   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bryan Barberena   defeats   Darian Weeks   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Cheyanne Vlismas   defeats   Mallory Martin   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
William Knight   defeats   Alonzo Menifield   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Claudio Puelles   defeats   Chris Gruetzemacher   via Submission, Kneebar   3:25 Round 3 of 3, 13:25 Total Bout Page
Vince Morales   defeats   Louis Smolka   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 39

Baz
Baz
  • Predictions:  461  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  226
  • Post Score: 191

12.02.2021 | 12:40 PM ET

@Ананас

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1623rd

Ты забыл перевести текст через переводчик
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.02.2021 | 1:24 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 539th

So I translated Pineapple's Post and it converts to this:

* Edited at 12.02.2021, 1:33 PM ET *

KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,211  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,529
  • Post Score: 196

12.02.2021 | 1:35 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2177th

сука блять

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

RichOsama
RichOsama
  • Predictions:  1,793  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,191

12.02.2021 | 1:51 PM ET

Baldric

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 697th

That is easily one of the funniest things I've ever read. I'm in tears , literally 🤣🤣🤣🤣
BP217
BP217
  • Predictions:  17  |  52.9%
  • Forum Posts:  90
  • Post Score: 151

12.02.2021 | 1:51 PM ET

RichOsama

Wells isn't going to win but good luck on your bet if you are doing so. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

12.02.2021 | 2:33 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 3341st

I’ve seen many of Puelles recent interviews and he has convinced me that his training partners could beat Gritz, but I’m still not sure he will. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,076
  • Post Score: 88

12.02.2021 | 2:37 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 555 Points   |   354th Place

BP wells is probably the best underdog on the card outside of Jose Aldo 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,076
  • Post Score: 88

12.02.2021 | 3:03 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 555 Points   |   354th Place

Font vs. Aldo
Rob Font, TKO, R5
Another really close one here. Aldo has been having somewhat of a career resurgence here at 135. he looked like his vintage self in his last fight against Munoz. He didn't even look tired and was able to keep his same pace through the third round, which hes previously had trouble with as of late. Font is one of the best boxers in the division. hes got a really nice jab and has good shot selection. I think his biggest path to victory is working body shots to slow down Aldo, as we know Aldo's cardio can be an issue. I dont know how his cardio will hold up either, as we saw him fall apart in the last 5th round he went to. Font also has to be very careful with leg kicks. While aldo doesn't throw the same amount of leg kicks as he used to, they are still in his arsenal. Font has checked just two of the 40 something leg kicks he has faced during this win streak. We have seen aldo lose when he gets outvolumed, and I have no doubts font can keep the same pace for 5 rounds (as we saw in his most recent fight). I think its gonna be highly competitive, and font may even lose the first few rounds. aldo is not to be underestimated but I think font takes this.

Fiziev vs. Riddell
Brad Riddell, DEC
Close ass fight here. Fiziev is obviously going to be the better striker, being the head coach at tiger Muay Thai and all. But Riddell is no slouch in the standup, he too trained at tiger Muay Thai. I favor Riddell here because he has a better gas tank and is a better wrestler. Fiziev has a crazy arsenal, but his gas tank is his biggest problem. Hes notorious for gassing out in the third round which I really dont like because we know Riddell can go the distance no problem. Fiziev also has a 100% tdd, but he hasn't really faced anyone who's a good wrestler. Riddell isn't an outstanding wrestler by any means, but hes better than the others who have tried to take fiziev down In the past.

Guida vs. Santos
Leonardo Santos, SUB, R2
This one feels pretty obvious. Santos is very old, even older than Guida, but he doesn't look like it at all. In fact, he looks pretty good for a guy who's almost 42. Guida is a very active fighter, which could worry me as the judges may favor his activity over the more methodical Santos, but, Santos is better than him in every category. Santos may be a more patient striker, but hes not a bad one. His counter punching has paid dividends for him before, as its how he ko'ed Stevie ray and Kevin lee. Hes also a second degree black belt and a pretty good one at that. If Guida is able to get him down, which is highly unlikely given santos's 92% tdd, Santos is still gonna be able to out grapple him. I think hes liable for a sub because Guida has been finished 8 times by sub. I think Santos should win the first two rounds if he doesn't get a finish, but he has to be careful as he gasses come the third round and Guida is a cardio machine.

Crute vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
This is another one where him not super confident in hill, but ive been defending him so much ill feel stuipid if he wins and I didn't pick him. Hill is a one dimensional fighter, but hes very good in his one dimension; striking. Hes got a very long reach for the weight class and is one of the most overwhelming strikers in the division. He is able to pressure his opponents in the stand up with his volume and his varied striking; Hill uses all of his limbs everywhere. He will use every weapon in his arnsel to strike but his weakness is takedown defense. Crute is a phenomenal wrestler and hill has shown that he has a weakness on the ground. The thing is, I haven't seen crute be able to hold anyone down for very long (aside from Paul Craig but Craig is more than content to be on the ground). In the tape ive seen from hill, he has been able to get back up without getting held down for too long. I am slightly biased with this pick because I am a big jamahal hill fan, but I do think if it stays standing, he should win. I think this is a reasonable thing to assume, because we didn't see crute go to his wrestling until he realized he couldn't use his leg. I also dont like how smith was messing crute up with his jab, as hill has an even longer reach than smith. I also dont like how hittable crute is, both are hittable actually but since I favor hill in striking, I think we could see a lot of damage add up, especially with the volume he can put on crute.

Allen vs. Curtis
Chris Curtis, TKO, R1
I feel like Allen is a no brainer: hes the better fighter everywhere, but I just have this weird feeling that Curtis is gonna do it again. Its gonna be mostly a standup fight because Curtis has really good tdd and Allen has never been an efficient wrestler so far, so I really dont see it going to the ground unless Curtis gets a takedown. Allen is definitely better in the standup, but Curtis isnt a bad striker at all. He reminds me of Sean Strickland with his boxing, he can throw high volume and is a very good counter puncher. I think having Sean in his corner is gonna be really beneficial, even if it doesn't throw Allen off like I said earlier in this thread, having the one guy who beat Allen in your corner is definitely beneficial.

Barberena vs. Weeks
Bryan Barberena, DEC
Weeks has definitely impressed me from the tape ive watched; hes very well rounded, showing boxing and wrestling skills. He also has lots of IMMAF experience, holding a 15-4 record as an amateur. My reason for picking against him, skillset aside, is because of the short notice fight. He was gonna be on dwcs but was removed for getting covid and is now taking a fight against a solid vet (say what you want about bryan's last performance, this is still a massive step up in competition) on 5 days notice. While he has lots of amateur experience, he really hasn't fought anyone actually good. His last win was against a 3-4 guy, so I just dont know how he will look against a dude who has fought the best fighters in his division.

Pitolo vs. Todorović
Maki Pitolo, SUB, R2
This is another fight that ive been switching back and forth between. Dusko had a lot of hype on him from contender series, but has disappointed a lot recently. He doesn't really have any striking defense and has shown poor grappling both offensively and defensively (50% tdd and 5% TDA). For maki, hes a better fighter than his record would tell you, but his fight iq has costed him almost all his fights. The worst mistake he makes is leaving himself open to submissions, as its costed him twice thus far in the ufc. First, when he fought Darren Stewart, he went for a takedown and got guillotined. If this was against someone like Muniz, then I really wouldn't care that much, but im not even sure Stewart is a white belt. He did the same thing against Julian Marquez too. He was going to cruise to a 30-27 maybe 29-28 against him, and also looked really sharp, but he left himself open to subs again. There were three or four times where he went for a takedown and Marquez turned it into a sub attempt. He didn't listen to his coaches in the third and went for a takedown against, which cost him the fight. Maki's wins have came from his opponents making mistakes (his dwcs win came when Sumter left his body open and maki liver punched him and Byrd just curled up in a ball and quit). Dusko's fight iq is pretty questionable as well and I think maki will be able to get a finish here.

Matthews vs. Wells
Jeremiah Wells, SUB, R2
I think wells is probably the best underdog on this card. Matthews record looks impressive, but when you delve into it, hes not beating anyone good whatsoever. Furthermore, he loses when he gets a step up in competition. hes got a lot of ufc experience and is much younger than wells, but thats really it. Wells is up there with terrance McKinney with his levels of explosiviety; wells has crazy power in both his hands and on the ground. When hes not sparking people out cold, he takes them down and they dont get back up. He is so strong that it makes it very difficult for his opponents to get back up. Despite his decline, I think warlley Alves is probably close to the same level as Jake, and wells destroyed him everywhere. Matthews, despite being a black belt, tends to get controlled a lot, so I think wells by sub is also a big possibility.

Zhumagulov vs. Kape
Manel Kape, TKO, R2
I think zhalgas is better than people give him credit for, but I still have manel here. Zhalgas has a resume outside of the ufc that would place him in the top 15, but he hasn't been able to replicate that success in the octagon. His ground game is much better than his standup, but we haven't seen him go to it as much thus far. If he stands with manel, hes in for a rough night; Kape has really crazy power for a flyweight. Hes also fought some legit comp such as kyoji horiguci, Pantoja, and Nicolau (I actually thought he beat Nicolau and you could make the argument he beat Pantoja). My biggest problem with manel is his fight iq. Idk what it is but he just hasn't shown any urgency when his fights get competitive and its cost him. He needs to throw more output, but I dont think this should be a problem because he will likely get the ko if zhalgas decides to stand with him like he has thus far in the ufc.

Martin vs. Vlismas
Cheyanne Vlismas, DEC
It pains me to say this, but im pretty confident in buys here. Even though she's coming off of a bout with covid, she's getting a pretty easy opponent here. Much like the last person she fought, Martin really doesn't belong in the ufc. she's gotten dominated in every fight she's had and even got hurt in the fight she won. As long as it stays standing its Cheyannes fight to lose; the one redeeming quality she has is her striking. She throws much more than she gets hit and can definitely bring pressure to Martin. I think a ko is unlikely because low level WMMA, but this is probably a mismatch so who knows.

Menifield vs. Knight
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R2
Both guys are developing fighters but I think alonzo is further along in his career than knight. Knight's striking defense is really bad; he blocks 34% of shots thrown at him and his defense consists of him either eating shots or trying to block them with head movement (edmen tarverdyan type beat). I really dont think hes gonna be able to dodge shots with his head, especially when meinifeild has a 3 inch reach advantage against him. I also really dont like knights ground game; while alonzo isn't a wrestler by nature, he showed that he has it in his arsenal against Fabio cherant and I think he could use it against knight pretty effectively. In the da un Jung fight, Jung was able to take knight down with repeated, basic judo throws and dominate him with control time. If it was easy to get him down with a basic throw, I dont think alonzo will have too much trouble with a takedown, especially considering how strong each dude is.

Puelles vs. Gruetzemacher
Claudio Puelles, SUB, R2
Been switching back and forth between this one. Both guys have their one strength and are bad at everything else; a true grappler vs striker matchup. Gritz is not a great fighter at all, but is coming off of a massive upset. despite his shortcomings, gritz is pretty well conditioned as he can throw high volume for all three rounds. Even though he got hurt a bunch, hes still got a decent chin too. His main problem is his ground game. When gritz gets taken down, he really doesn't know what to do. Hes also got a pretty bad 61% tdd. For puelles, his striking is almost non existent. When he is on the feet, he doesn't throw much and really doesn't look comfortable when he does strike. His grappling is pretty solid tho; he makes up for his striking by putting pressure on the opponent with his wrestling. His wrestling isn't anything crazy but I think the constant takedown attacks will wear down gritz. I think we see a similar situation to shaylian vs Soriano last week.

Murzakanov vs. Vanderaa
Azamat Murzakanov, TKO, R1
At first I took pause when I saw azamat was moving up to HW for this, as vanderaa is significantly bigger than him in every measurable; but then I noticed that every opponent azamat has fought has been significantly bigger than him. Even Lins was going to have an 8 inch reach. Azamat makes up for his size with his speed; he genuinely may be the fastest lhw ive seen. This is good in a sense because it allows him to fight "longer" as he can easily close the distance, throw punches and dart out. With this speed comes a lot of strength, as he has genuine one punch ko power. Azamat also has pretty good wrestling although we dont see it as much. Even though he will be much heavier, jared really cant stop a takedown to save his life so if azamat cant get him out on the feet then the ground is also a possibility. I think its more likely this leaves the first round than not, as jared has never been knocked out on the feet.

Morono vs. Gall
Alex Morono, DEC
Mismatch here. I hate mickey gall but I do have to give credit where credit is due: he looked pretty good in his last fight, but it was also against Jordan Williams. I think morono is just better than him everywhere; morono is by far the better striker, as gall's striking consists of him swinging with all the power he has. I suppose he could maybe catch morono with a blitz a lá khaos Williams, but gall lacks the same power khaos does. Even if mickey gets it to the ground hes still not going to be able to do much as morono is a 2nd degree black belt. Similar to the smolka fight, I think we could see a finish but gall is tough so I think it will most likely be a one sided decision.

Smolka vs. Morales
Louis Smolka, DEC
I think Smolka is just better everywhere. Vince is not as aggressive as smolka's previous opponents and would rather have a technical striking match rather than pressure smolka. As long as smolka can push the pace, he should have this in the bag. He also has his grappling and while he struggles with takedown defense, Morales has rarely used his wrestling and has not been successful thus far in the ufc. Pilarte easily subbed Morales so if it does go to the ground smolka could be liable for sub, but I think this will mostly stay on the feet.

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

2021.12.02 3:49 PM ET

event start time updated

From Saturday, December 4 at 7:00pm ET to Saturday, December 4 at 6:30pm ET
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,546
  • Post Score: 262

12.02.2021 | 3:57 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 345 Points   |   Tied for 2608th

The props on this card are very good, I'm going to dive deeper into the props and find more I like, Props are free money if you know witch one to look for- This is my first glance. But if you dive deep, You can find free bet

Crute by sub is +400-
I'm confident Crute is going to rag-doll Jamahal early, It more of a question of how long Crute can do it for, But Looking at Tape, Crute was almost subbing Paul Craig a lot before getting the kimura on him, Jamahal got submetted by Craig, I know MMA match doesn't work, But Jamahal only has a 53% takedown defence and actully less then 50% if you count pulling guard as a takedown

Smolka by sub is +500- Could swap to Inside the distance on this one
-Smolka hasn't won a decision since his fight with Neil Serry back in 2015 on the Conor vs Mendez, If Smolka winning it more then likely won't be a decsion statically 

Leonardo Santo by sub +600
Clay get submetted double digit time in his MMA carrer,  Leonardo is still a top blackbelt 

Fizeav vs Riddel inside the Distance +150
Don't take this one as facts, It more of a vibe that I think it goes less then 15

* Edited at 12.02.2021, 4:03 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

RichOsama
RichOsama

12.02.2021 | 4:37 PM ET

I never choose one particular finish. I always do the double victory , whether it be KO/TKO/DQ/Sub , feel like those are easier hits. With that being said ; Wells , Crute , Azamat , Smolka and Santos by double victory is +12248. 
RichOsama
RichOsama

12.02.2021 | 4:38 PM ET

Wanna spice it up , add Fizaev/Brad and Jose/Font to go the distance which will take your parlay to +32707. 

* Edited at 12.02.2021, 4:44 PM ET *

RichOsama
RichOsama

12.02.2021 | 4:42 PM ET

Also , all Font has is boxing. If Aldo uses leg kicks and mixes in his wrestling he could easily win. He hasn't used that in a while but in a fight like this , he definitely should. 
Pezzie
Pezzie
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: -23

12.02.2021 | 5:11 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2069th

"never tell me the odds."

Pezzie
Pezzie

12.02.2021 | 5:14 PM ET

You will rarely if ever hit these.....I have hit 4  nine leg parlays of moneylines in 3 years MMA gambling....and I place more bets than I should...

Pezzie
Pezzie

12.02.2021 | 5:19 PM ET

Long term prop bets dont profit....I have a stack of winning and loosing tickets over 3 yrs that is chasing me away from prop betting all together. I broke even the past 3 yrs and I can prove I have wagered more prop bets than most YouTube cappers.....even when I am perfect it's still does not make up for all the ones I have lost....and frankly I'm a datum good Mma prop bettor..but I'm weening of of them.....this is a great card not to paralyze or prop bet....good luck this weekend.

shaqalicious023
shaqalicious023
  • Predictions:  494  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  121
  • Post Score: 81

12.02.2021 | 5:21 PM ET

Analysis and predictions video for Balkan fans

Pezzie
Pezzie

12.02.2021 | 5:21 PM ET

You need a YouTube channel man...this is too much to read...

Pezzie
Pezzie

12.02.2021 | 5:22 PM ET

So your on Dusko?

RichOsama
RichOsama

12.02.2021 | 5:23 PM ET

Most of my cards are 6+ parlays and I've hit for 100s off of a few bucks. I bet no more than $10 a bet slip. I've hit for $200 plus off a $1 from 10+ parlay slips. To each their own. I don't get carried away or ahead of myself. Never bet more than $50 a night. 
RichOsama
RichOsama

12.02.2021 | 5:24 PM ET

And yes , I'm on Duskos side but I only have 1 parlay with him in it. I think this fight he's going to turn up because he'll probably be released if he doesn't win. 

Page 39

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• LFA 182 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Nikita Kulshin vs. Cedric Gunnison - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the LFA 182 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Cedric Gunnison 7% Nikita Kulshin 93%
  • Cedric "The Gunman" Gunnison (7-2-0) VA, US is the #20th Pro Mens Lightweight in US Southeast.
  • Nikita Kulshin (5-0-0) Resp. Severnaya Osetiya-Alaniya, RU is the #143rd Pro Mens Lightweight in Russia.
  • LFA 182 features 11 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota