Topic: UFC 256

UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,268
  • Post Score: 47

08.21.2020 | 7:07 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 256
  • Saturday 12.12.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 503,000 avg. viewers (ESPN 2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Deiveson Figueiredo   vs.   Brandon Moreno   Ends in a Draw, Majority   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Oliveira   defeats   Tony Ferguson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mackenzie Dern   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kevin Holland   defeats   Ronaldo Souza   via KO/TKO, Punches During Scramble   1:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Junior dos Santos   via KO/TKO, Elbow   2:34 Round 2 of 3, 7:34 Total Bout Page
Cub Swanson   defeats   Daniel Pineda   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   1:52 Round 2 of 3, 6:52 Total Bout Page
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Renato Moicano   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gavin Tucker   defeats   Billy Quarantillo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tecia Torres   defeats   Sam Hughes   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (eye Injury)   5:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Peter Barrett   via Submission, Heel Hook   3:02 Round 3 of 3, 13:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 18

HiDefff
HiDefff

12.12.2020 | 11:00 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 943rd

same thing I said last month guys. Figgy is the best fighter in the world at being out struck and out grappled and still winning. its his knack 

* Edited at 12.12.2020, 11:00 AM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,753  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,786
  • Post Score: 273

12.12.2020 | 11:02 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1743rd

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,415  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,995
  • Post Score: 172

12.12.2020 | 11:47 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 572nd

this feels like a card that will have a lot of finishes

"šŸ“ No Quarter Given šŸ“"

el_tabarnako
el_tabarnako
  • Predictions:  5,656  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  83
  • Post Score: 127

12.12.2020 | 11:48 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 1873rd

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R2
Maybe a round 1 TKO for the champ but I think he will be careful and test the distance in the first one so.. second one it is!

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, TKO, R3
Really hard fight to pick. I think it can go either way but my heart says TONY'S TIME *******!

Dern vs. Jandiroba
Mackenzie Dern, DEC
Dern <3

"Hold on, I'm talking brother"

Hippie
Hippie

12.12.2020 | 11:58 AM ET

?

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 3246th

This Dern vs. Jandiroba is a tuff 1 to pick!
meyeraus
meyeraus
  • Predictions:  1,037  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 300

12.12.2020 | 12:06 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 3508th

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,807  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,620
  • Post Score: 279

12.12.2020 | 12:08 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 2189th

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,812  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

12.12.2020 | 12:17 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 3508th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R3
It's really hard to picture anyone stopping this dudes winning streak right now. His power is next level, he looks to have his weight cuts perfected and his grappling has gotten much better. Its gonna be a long time before anyone dethrones Figueiredo.

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, TKO, R3
I hate this matchup for Charles. The difference in heart and toughness between these two is too big. Tony can roll with Charles but there is no way in hell Charles can trade punches with El Cucuy. I have Ferguson by 3rd round KO. Oliveira has never absorbed more than 48 significant strikes and won in all his UFC fights. Every fight with Ferguson becomes a war and Charles performs terribly in wars.

Dern vs. Jandiroba
Virna Jandiroba, DEC
Cant wait to watch these two grapple. My fear is that since they are both so proficient on the ground that it might wind up being a boxing match that nobody wants to see. I hope they grapple and if they do I think Jandiroba has the better wrestling and can get this fight to the ground if she wants to and her best chance while there is to favor position over submission and avoid Derns submission attempts. I could see her winning a decision if she pulls that off.

Holland vs. Souza
Ronaldo Souza, SUB, R1
Classic striker vs grappler. Will Holland do his best to avoid going to the ground with Jacare? I hope so but I seriously doubt it. Jacare knows he needs to get this to the ground if he wants to win. No way he can strike with Holland, the size and reach advantages Holland has will be too much for him. My lean is Holland blows it and lets it go to the ground and he gets subbed but if Jacare cant get it there Holland pieces him up. I'm fading Hollands fight IQ and picking Jacare by submission.

dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R1
It looks like JDS chin is gone, too many wars against killers. It's Gane's time now.

Swanson vs. Pineda
Daniel Pineda, TKO, R2
Cub has lost 4 out of his last 5 and is coming off a long layoff and a torn ACL. So hard to pick Cub here even though he has fought the tougher competition. Pineda is on fire right now. This fight should be action packed. Pineda will get it done inside the distance, like he always does.

Moicano vs. Fiziev
Renato Moicano, DEC
I think this is too big of a step up for Fisiev. This fight is so hard to call but if it winds up on the ground Moicano will drown him. Fisiev has top notch TD defense (100% in the UFC) and fantastic striking. Moicano has great striking himself and world class jiu jitsu. I'm going with Moicano because of the far more impressive resume, size advantage and grappling advantage. Gonna be a great fight!

Quarantillo vs. Tucker
Billy Quarantillo, DEC
Fired up for this one! Two really fun fighters to watch here. Quarantillos pressure, conditioning and wresting always seem to make the difference in his fights and I see it being no different here. Quarantillo is a rising star and I think he rolls tonight.

Torres vs. Hughes
Tecia Torres, DEC
Torres by lay and pray and against the fence clinch control. Yawn.

Hooper vs. Barrett
Peter Barrett, DEC
I could see Barrett coming back to win in the 3rd if Hooper gasses. Slippery Pete has a way of surviving submission attempts that seem to be locked in. The line is way too wide here IMO but I wouldnt bet this fight. I'll pick the dog here as a fade on Hoopers conditioning and experience with very low confidence.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,876
  • Post Score: 115

12.12.2020 | 1:08 PM ET

I can't say her striking is as bad as people make it seem

Predictions: 2 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 3508th

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,565
  • Post Score: 262

12.12.2020 | 1:39 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 3316th

@ngagnu Just saying in hindsight, people look stupid in MMA about half the time in MMA. Why critique when you donā€™t pick yourself or bring anything of value to the tapology community beside *****ing . I just want to have fun picking, picking the same as everyone is boring, and I leave this site in a week if I had to. I pick Figgy btw something you didnā€™t do

"Quack quack quack"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,141  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,260
  • Post Score: 189

12.12.2020 | 1:46 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2450th

@ngannoupunch

I'm not saying Figueredo is bad, he is a legit champion i'm just saying he may not be the terrible monster some people (like you) think he is. To me, it seems like a technical guy with a good chin who can avoie early storm (like Askarov) could outpoint him in a 5 round fight. I do think he stay champion as long as he face kill or be kill type of guy like Moreno or Gabranth.

"Never go down without a fight"

Miami_EJ
Miami_EJ
  • Predictions:  768  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  56
  • Post Score: 184

12.12.2020 | 2:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 2189th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Deiveson Figueiredo, SUB, R2
Totally one sided, Moreno seems soft af.

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, TKO, R3
My heart say Oliveria but my balls say Tony. It could potentially be the second time this year he looses to a guy with his own last name on his back? Tony seems really motivated here tho and he is legendary so round 3 tko is my guess.

Dern vs. Jandiroba
Mackenzie Dern, SUB, R1
Meh.

Holland vs. Souza
Kevin Holland, DEC
Pickem, avoid if you could.

dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R1
If there is going to be a 1 round tko its going to be here, Frenchie is a monster.

Swanson vs. Pineda
Daniel Pineda, DEC
Also an exciting one considering these guys are so similar. Could be a pickem if it wasnt for Cubs wear and tear.

Moicano vs. Fiziev
Rafael Fiziev, TKO, R2
Potential fight of the night

Quarantillo vs. Tucker
Billy Quarantillo, DEC
Billy Q doesnt lose to Canadians

Torres vs. Hughes
Tecia Torres, DEC
Boring but always a W for someone fighting unranked and short notice

Hooper vs. Barrett
Peter Barrett, DEC
A child fighting an adult shouldnt be allowed in the UFC but here we are

NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

12.12.2020 | 2:28 PM ET

@Theduck

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 3082nd

I did pick him....It was right under the post I quoted you from on the other thread.

You can have fun making picks man I'm just saying you are constantly eating your words after saying people arent good or are over rated. Take a little more time to examine the matchups before you go popping off at the mouth.

I'll leave you alone now.
JackChase
JackChase
  • Predictions:  3,536  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: 209

12.12.2020 | 3:18 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 1078th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Deiveson Figueiredo, DEC
Love Moreno but dont see him winning tbh

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, DEC
50/50

Dern vs. Jandiroba
Mackenzie Dern, DEC
both real good but Dern got those bahungas so im hoping she winsvut wont be suprised if Jandiropba does

Holland vs. Souza
Kevin Holland, DEC
close fight

dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R3
Gane really good but i dont think he should be that big a favourite

Swanson vs. Pineda
Cub Swanson, DEC
Pineda will probaly win but im rooting for Swanson

Moicano vs. Fiziev
Rafael Fiziev, DEC
close fight like both leaning Fiziev

Quarantillo vs. Tucker
Billy Quarantillo, DEC
close fight

Torres vs. Hughes
Sam Hughes, DEC
dont see why Torres is such a favourite

Hooper vs. Barrett
Chase Hooper, SUB, R1
rooting for Hooper but really need to see an improvement from the Caseres fight

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,565
  • Post Score: 262

12.12.2020 | 3:26 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 3316th

Itā€™s easy to look smart when you are a cherrypicker, or donā€™t pick at all and talk **** on a fantesy site. Iā€™m right more then Iā€™m wrong but I bring yours idea out there. Iā€™m wrong 40% of the time because It MMA. Iā€™m gonna call you captain Hindsight now 

* Edited at 12.12.2020, 3:31 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

bazik
bazik

12.12.2020 | 3:28 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 3296th

Duck, gotta pick up all the underdogs because it's fun?
Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,159  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

12.12.2020 | 4:06 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 3296th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Deiveson Figueiredo, SUB, R2
Again, Figgy's got a guy who's good everywhere, but has no really specialty. I think Figgy get's him outta there quick. Moreno should've maybe waited a bit before this.

Holland vs. Souza
Ronaldo Souza, DEC
Sooouuuza. But to be fair, I dunno if 41 year old alligator can do it. But prime Jacare rips Holland apart. I think here is where he can finally see Holland bite way more than he can chew. Yup.

dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, DEC
Gane. I know, I know, JDS might be busted........ But I think Gane's gonna let him move a bit before he takes over.

Swanson vs. Pineda
Daniel Pineda, SUB, R2
Pineda. Swanson is walking into a beating. Pineda wants food on his plate, and I think he knows where to get it.

Moicano vs. Fiziev
Renato Moicano, DEC
Mmmmmm. Moicano. Just simply based off more volume, and I think he's a little more crafty in there. Fiziev is fun, but I don't feel like he can give a good go. Ah Well.

Quarantillo vs. Tucker
Billy Quarantillo, DEC
Biiiiiileeeeh! Although this is another great test for him. Tucker is sick also.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

FireFist45
FireFist45
  • Predictions:  5,908  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,137
  • Post Score: 163

12.12.2020 | 4:13 PM ET

I SEE UPSETS

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 419th

even though I picked the favorites to win on Tapology.... thats not where the money is if favorites lose. 

$$$  Show me the money !!! 

I can see people getting shocked tonight --  This is going to be a fun card tonight boys !!! 
NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

12.12.2020 | 4:32 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 3082nd

Hey no fights have fallen off today....its a good start.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.12.2020 | 4:34 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2100th

They probably have we just won't hear about it until everybody has finished paying.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours, and 26 minutes from now.

Page 18

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson will be fun as long as it lasts, but 'Father Time is undefeated'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Reacts To ā€˜Savage Modeā€™ Mike Tyson: ā€˜If I Was Jake Paul, Iā€™d Be Sh*tting My Pantsā€™
  • MMA Junkie : Michel Pereira, Roman Dolidze give conflicting perspectives on potential UFC booking
  • MMA Mania : Olympic Medalist, Knockout Machine, Future Champion?
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Reveals Earnings From UFC Video Games, How Fighters Get Paid
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jon Jones would probably need two and a half minutes to finish Alex Pereira
  • UFC.com : Veronica Hardy Embraces Living In The Moment
  • MMA Mania : How To Buy Tickets For Paul Vs Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : Betting Preview: Lomachenko vs Kambosos and more
  • MMAFighting.com : Demetrious Johnson reveals how much money heā€™s made from EA UFC games
  • MMA Junkie : Urijah Faber: Merab Dvalishvili is a bad matchup, but 'Sean O'Malley's grappling is really good'
  • Bad Left Hook : Rafael Espinoza vs Sergio Chirino official for June 21
  • MMA Junkie : Upkick alert! Canadian prospect Jayden Martin cracks opponent in jaw for TKO
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira explains why he wonā€™t fight Roman Dolidze at UFC Louisville
  • Bad Left Hook : Alimkhanuly vs Mikhailovich targeted for July 13 in Las Vegas
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Claims Heā€™s NOT Fighting Dolidze At UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : 'Is Jon Jones that same guy?': Daniel Cormier says heavyweight champion's form untested in divisional debut
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC owners: Antitrust settlement ended without ā€˜any further changes to UFCā€™s existing business operationsā€™
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Vows to Retire Conor McGregor at UFC 303, Explains Viral Pic with Machine Gun Kelly
  • MMA Junkie : FedEx reportedly fires worker chucking boxes in viral video from UFC CEO Dana White