Topic: UFC Fight Night 128

UFC Fight Night 128: Barboza vs. Lee Discussion Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

04.20.2018 | 12:05 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 432nd

The fighters are weighed in and while Lee missed by a pound, we're still set for a quality Fight Night from Atlantic City. 

Aspen Ladd also missed on the prelims, her second confirmed miss as a professional. 

We lost the Bibulatov-Sasaki bout today due to a back pain flare-up from the Russian, so the card will proceed with 12 bouts. 

Prelims should kick off on UFC Fight Pass around 7pm ET before switching to FS1 for the rest of the card at 8pm.

Enjoy!

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

UFC Fight Night 128
  • Saturday 04.21.2018 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Fox Sports 1 | Prelims: UFC Fight Pass
  • Name: UFC Fight Night 128: Barboza vs. Lee
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Atlantic City
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Boardwalk Hall
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $923,720
  • Attendance: 9,541
  • TV Ratings: 956,000 avg. viewers (561k FS1 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Kevin Lee   defeats   Edson Barboza   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (cut)   2:18 Round 5 of 5, 22:18 Total Bout Page
Frankie Edgar   defeats   Cub Swanson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Justin Willis   defeats   Chase Sherman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
David Branch   defeats   Thiago Santos   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:30 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Brett Johns   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dan Hooker   defeats   Jim Miller   via KO/TKO, Knee   3:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ryan LaFlare   defeats   Alex Garcia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ricky Simón   defeats   Merab Dvalishvili   via Submission, Technical (guillotine Choke)   5:00 Round 3 of 3, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Siyar Bahadurzada   defeats   Luan Chagas   via KO/TKO, Body Kick and Punch   2:40 Round 2 of 3, 7:40 Total Bout Page
Corey Anderson   defeats   Patrick Cummins   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Anthony Rocco Martin   defeats   Keita Nakamura   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 11

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

04.22.2018 | 1:30 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 205th

Not to take any shine away from either guy but this fight should really put into perspective how next-level khabibs **** is. Edson was able to find moments in this fight but was straight up controlled completely by Nurmy.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

04.22.2018 | 1:32 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 67th

well goodnight everyone. time to sleep.

glad i'm not edson barboza or it would probably be a bit tough to get comfortable.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,169  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

04.22.2018 | 1:37 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 1139th

I'm so bad at this. :(

Someone take my bluebelt off my and give me the white belt of shame.

Good job Kevin Lee!

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

04.22.2018 | 1:52 AM ET

I'm still beating you in the **** picks comp Zuli.

Went 0-5 couple cards back.

I dont know what happens. I always start out tied for first and it just always seems to downhill from there.....
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

04.22.2018 | 3:59 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 162nd

I’d like to see that Felder/Hooker scrap. Hooker has been looking great lately. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

04.22.2018 | 4:36 PM ET

Yeah, Hooker vs Felder is a good un'. Much harder fight to call after Hooker just wrecked Miller. Probably still have to go with the vet.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

04.22.2018 | 4:52 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 162nd

Which vet?  Felder has 10 UFC fights and started in 2014 vs Hooker’s 9 fights starting a few months earlier the same year. 

It’s a tough fight to pick but I’d expect some good ole fashion violence. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

04.22.2018 | 5:40 PM ET

Man, I forgot hooker has been around as long as he has. Still, I'd say the experience edge goes to Felder. Hooker has never fought anyone as good as Barbosa. His record definitely isn't as solid though he does have 7 subs. But then again Felder has only been subbed once.

Both of Hookers best finishes have been the same knee, Paul has won his last three by hellbows. I can see Hooker eating an elbow more than Felder eating a knee. Felder is a brawler and Hooker likes to keep his opponent on the outside.

Think I have to go with Felder by decision. I think he'd probably be all up in Hooker's **** with pressure and would outwork him. Either that or Hooker catches felder on the way in, and hits a sub after dropping him.

Very intrigueing fight.
StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

04.22.2018 | 6:35 PM ET

@mulefloyd

Most of the potential downside was Edgar's which is typical of the fights he seems to get. But in this case it's obvious Edgar took this fight simply to get back on the horse and put the Ortega fight out of his mind as quickly as possible. Mission accomplished. Even if he had lost a tough-fought war he would have restored his confidence to some degree. But in winning he can essentially erase that last fight from his mind. Fight IQ goes beyond the cage.

Cub Swanson is the guy we all want to like but just can't count on. Similar to a few other fighters (Cerrone, Miller, Lauzon) he's capable of beating anyone on a given night but just can't seem to rise to the big fight. This was yet another golden opportunity as Cub clearly didn't deserve a rematch with Edgar. But once again, the stage got a little too big and the lights a little too bright in his eyes. A disappointing story. But hey, I'm an Edgar fan so it's all good.

Now, does anyone have a gif of this chicken dance?

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Prochazka Ready For Pereira Rematch In June
  • Jits Magazine : Watch UFC Veteran Merab Dvalishvili Grappling With Indian Wrestlers On The Beach
  • Jits Magazine : The IBJJF Announces The Return Of The Crown For 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Could Smell Your Fear’
  • Bad Left Hook : Adames vs Gausha and Puello vs Russell reportedly set for June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Don’t Care About The Title. I Just Want To Fight Jones’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Required To Reveal Earnings From Proper No. Twelve Sale
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302