Topic: UFC on FOX 23

Planning on going to UFC on FOX 23!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Areisius
Areisius
  • Predictions:  4,213  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  230
  • Post Score: 67

01.16.2017 | 8:30 PM ET

I'm very excited for this card! I live in Illinois and I've been to Denver many times before but I've never been to a UFC event. I want to hear from some of you guys that have been to one so I know what to expect when I get there.
UFC on FOX 23
  • Saturday 01.28.2017 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: FOX | Prelims: Fox Sports 1
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Pepsi Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Brian Stann
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Brian Stann
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,020,434
  • Attendance: 13,233
  • TV Ratings: 2.18M avg. viewers (3M peak, 619k FS1 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Valentina Shevchenko   defeats   Julianna Peña   via Submission, Armbar   4:29 Round 2 of 5, 9:29 Total Bout Page
Jorge Masvidal   defeats   Donald Cerrone   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:00 Round 2 of 3, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Francis NGannou   defeats   Andrei Arlovski   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jason Knight   defeats   Alex Caceres   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:21 Round 2 of 3, 9:21 Total Bout Page
Sam Alvey   defeats   Nate Marquardt   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Raphael Assunção   defeats   Aljamain Sterling   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jingliang Li   defeats   Bobby Nash   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:45 Round 2 of 3, 9:45 Total Bout Page
Jordan Johnson   defeats   Luis Henrique da Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eric Spicely   defeats   Alessio Di Chirico   via Submission, Triangle Choke   2:14 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Marcos Rogério de Lima   defeats   Jeremy Kimball   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:27 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexandre Pantoja   defeats   Eric Shelton   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jason Gonzalez   defeats   JC Cottrell   via Submission, D'arce Choke   3:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.17.2017 | 8:05 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 680th

Never been to a Chicago card?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Areisius
Areisius

01.17.2017 | 2:51 PM ET

I've been to Chicago but never for a UFC card. :(

* Edited at 01.17.2017, 2:52 PM ET *

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.18.2017 | 7:12 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 680th

All of the ones they had here were decent but not great. UFC was in a Chicago suburb and it was decent too. Nothing to get excited about.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

01.18.2017 | 10:54 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 261st

Being at a UFC event is a lot better than seeing it on TV. The atmosphere is amazing 

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

Areisius
Areisius

01.21.2017 | 12:50 PM ET

That's what thought it would be like. I've been to a small MMA card once before and it was pretty cool because you were really close to the cage. I know that if everything goes has planned and I do go there I'll be pretty high up in the in the stands but the card is great and it's always an awesome experience going to Colorado.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Terrance McKinney, Alexandre Pantoja, UFC 301 Recap
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Vows To ‘End’ Mike Tyson: ‘One Of Us Has To Die’
  • MMA Junkie : Jan Blachowicz campaigns for rematch with UFC champ Alex Pereira: 'He knocked out everybody – not me'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Every serious boxing fan will be watching in awe’: Bob Arum targets Lomachenko vs Stevenson this fall
  • Middle Easy : Movsar Evloev Says Dana White Criticized His UFC 297 Performance But Was Watching NFL During The Fight
  • MMAFighting.com : ESPN+ subscribers drop again ahead of UFC broadcast deal negotiations
  • UFC.com : UFC PARTNERS WITH LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FIGHTING FOR THE FUTURE FOUNDATION TO LAUNCH YOUTH MENTORING INITIATIVE IN LAS VEGAS
  • MMA Mania : Covington Finally Remembered The Name
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Says He’ll Submit Alex Pereira Within ‘5 Minutes’ In Grappling Match, ‘Poatan’ Can Pick ‘Any Martial Art’ He Wants
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland's coach: UFC considered Khamzat Chimaev matchup before Paulo Costa booking
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘They tried but no lie stands’: Garcia claims vindication in PED scandal
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘They tried but no lie stands’: Ryan Garcia claims vindication in PED scandal
  • MMA Junkie : Aspen Ladd excited with switch from PFL to Bellator, still aims to become champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Colby Covington denies UFC offered him Ian Machado Garry: ‘We all know that he’s a cuck but now we know he’s a liar’
  • Jits Magazine : Helena Crevar Signs Exclusive UK Contract With Polaris
  • MMA Mania : Blachowicz Demands Pereira Rematch For Dec. Return
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington now open to Belal Muhammad matchup, 'super intrigued' by Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMAFighting.com : Report: Ryan Garcia cleared for 1 banned substance, Devin Haney responds
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Chael Sonnen, Mike Perry, Anthony Smith, and Cory Sandhagen at 1 p.m. ET