Topic: RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015

RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

10.18.2015 | 10:35 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 126th

Figured I'd start up a thread considering that we should be getting tons of new fights, signings, etc in the next few weeks. Also, writing for mmasucka.com has it's perks. I got confirmation today I will receive all of Rizin's press releases, so that should be helpful! 

Can't wait for this promotion to get going. 

#RizinNeverDie

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015
  • Thursday 12.31.2015 at 01:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Spike TV (tape-delayed)
  • Name: RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015: Day 2
  • Also Known As: RIZIN FF: Iza Saltation
  • Promotion: RIZIN Fighting Federation
  • Tapology Accounts: RIZINFF
  • Ownership: Nobuyuki Sakakibara
  • Venue: Saitama Super Arena
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • TV Announcers: Jimmy Smith, Sean Grande
  • Attendance: 18,365
  • TV Ratings: 156,000
  • Matchmaker: Shingo Kashiwagi
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Kickboxing Bouts: 1
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Muhammed Lawal   defeats   Jiří Procházka   via KO/TKO, Punch   5:09 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Fedor Emelianenko   defeats   Jaideep Singh   via Submission, Punches   3:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kron Gracie   defeats   Erson Yamamoto   via Submission, Triangle Choke   4:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Andy Souwer   defeats   Yuichiro Nagashima   via KO/TKO, Punches   5:28 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Baruto Kaito   defeats   Peter Aerts   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
(Shootboxing)   Bob Sapp  defeats  Akebono Taro via Decision, Technical   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gabrielle Garcia   defeats   Lei’D Tapa   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:36 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
(Kickboxing)   Takeru Segawa  defeats  Yang Ming via KO/TKO, Punches   3:00 Round 2 of 3, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Soo Chul Kim   defeats   Maike Linhares   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 20:00 Total Bout Page
Brennan Ward   defeats   Ken Hasegawa   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:52 Round 2 of 3, 11:52 Total Bout Page
Jiří Procházka   defeats   Vadim Nemkov   via KO/TKO, Retirement   10:00 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Muhammed Lawal   defeats   Teodoras Aukštuolis   via Decision, Unanimous   2 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rena Kubota   defeats   Jleana Valentino   via Submission, Armbar   3:31 Round 2 of 3, 8:31 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 12

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,859  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,620
  • Post Score: 279

11.30.2015 | 9:57 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   259th Place

I guess there's one spot left
Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa
  • Predictions:  360  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,772
  • Post Score: 129

11.30.2015 | 10:04 AM ET

@Kuma There was a tournament lottery to set the brackets. Also the alternate bout is Valentin Moldavsky (1-0) from Russia vs. Yuta Uchida, a 24 years old Karate world champion who won a world cup at 84 kilos this year in august. Seems to be a elite, high level karateka. All the info I got from this article and social media http://sadironman.seesaa.net/s/article/430494992.html

* Edited at 11.30.2015, 10:31 AM ET *

"Endings are sad, beginnings are scary...but it's the middle that counts."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.30.2015 | 12:08 PM ET

Solid tournament. Wonder who replaces Godbeer, because him vs. Mo would have been pretty awesome. Also, for what it's worth, apparently Bedorf wants to fight Fedor following headkick KO win over the weekend. Wonder if it'll happen considering how little time is left.

* Edited at 11.30.2015, 12:16 PM ET *

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.30.2015 | 12:09 PM ET

Ugh, God. Bob Sapp?

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 4 weeks, 13 hours, and 28 minutes from now.
Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa

11.30.2015 | 3:15 PM ET

Tournament bracket:

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.30.2015 | 3:30 PM ET

Stuart Austin should replace Godbeer. 

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,063  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

11.30.2015 | 3:51 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 24th with 4 others

I honestly don't care to see Stuart Austin in there.A year or two ago I thought he had a lot of potential but his last handful of fights he's looked pretty mediocre.He got beat up by Dan Charles and iirc 2 weeks ago he was getting beat up by a 7-8 guy before the comeback win.To be fair the guy was better than what his record showed.I kind of half watched the fight so I don't remember it for sure but either way,I don't really care to see him in there.Not to mention losing to a 4-5 guy in between those fights.He's sorta decent so I guess it would be an ok addition,I just don't see him having any success at all in it,so he'd just be a spot filler imo,which is I guess what's needed.Wouldn't mind seeing one more strong addition though.

* Edited at 11.30.2015, 3:52 PM ET *

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa

11.30.2015 | 4:39 PM ET

I think Stuart is a good prospect. I am not against him filling up on short notice. However, I would like someone more tested be the replacement. As far as I remenber that loss agaisnt Artur Głuchowski (4-5) was a disputed one and that 7-8 guy gave Godbeer troubles as well.

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

11.30.2015 | 5:16 PM ET

agreed. dont care to see austin in the tourney

Not on the same level. Wolf would be a good addition though. Austin would get KO'd violently

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.30.2015 | 5:28 PM ET

Ruben Wolf would be a fun replacement as well.

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa

11.30.2015 | 5:57 PM ET

Wolf is scheduled to fight on december 11th against Sergey Pavlovich.

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa

12.01.2015 | 9:24 AM ET

Tournament drawing press conference video and quotes

Prior to the drawing, Chairman Nobuyuki Sakakibara stated, “This tournament will be the highlight of RIZIN. Fighters from around the world who are proud to represent their promotion and country, and are eager to use this platform to boost their career to make a name for themselves, have gathered in the tournament. The majority of the media who gathered today may not know much about these athletes, but when K-1 first kicked off in 1993, nobody knew about Branko Cikatić or Mike Bernardo. The fighters who open up the new doors are those who exceed their expectations.”

Each of the seven contestants slated for tournament drew an envelope  numbered one through seven. The fighter who drew the envelope with the number one would have the 1st pick to choose his place in the bracket. The contestant who drew number two would have the 2nd pick to choose his spot, this way until number 7.

Fighter Quotes:

- 1st Pick = “King Mo” Lawal – selected Slot A

“I am honored to fight for RIZIN. I am excited to showcase my skills in front of the Japanese fans and get the job done. I’m happy to be able to pick number one. I’m always number one. I’m in a position where others will pick me, my job is to crush whoever stands next to me.”

“I currently don’t have an opponent, but I’m sure that BAMMA will send a good fighter for me. But unfortunately whoever comes will get smashed so he better be prepared. I think Ishii made a smart choice by avoiding me and my bracket. Good for him.”

“That’s a lot of money! I’d buy a bunch of ice cream, some nice clothes, and go to Disney World and see a bunch of movies. I’d go to Vegas and party, and buy tons of gold accessories.”

- 2nd Pick = Teodoras Aukstuolis (BUSHIDO Europe Champion) – selected Slot C

“I am grateful to be given such an opportunity. At this level of competition, you have to be ready to fight anybody so I don’t care who my opponent will be. I believe in myself and am ready to fight anybody.”

“For me, becoming the champion in more important than the money. Money will follow as a result of being a true champion. My mind is set to win the tournament.”

“The reason why I am here is because I believe in myself. I will fight to represent my small country. My opponent has wild striking but there is no reason why I would lose. I will put on a show and come out victorious.”

- 3rd Pick =  Goran Reljic (Former KSW Light Heavyweight Champion) – selected Slot G

“I don’t care who fights me. My dream since I was a kid was to fight in Japan, and I am living the dream right now, my goal is to show my best performance on New Years Eve.”

“I like the matchup. I’ve been training with Sambo world champion Blagoi Ivanov and am familiar with the Sambo fight style. I know he comes from a great team, but I will be ready to take anything he has to offer so it will be a good fight.”

“I am living a childhood dream. I am more focused on continuing my journey on my dream to become a champion in Japan. I will think of what to do with the money once I achieve my goal.”

-  4th Pick = Satoshi Ishii (Beijing Olympics Judo Gold medalist) – selected Slot E

“Preparation is good. I will not feel that a fight is a fight, the battle on NYE has just begun.”

“My plan is to invest half of the prize money in gambling and will donate the rest.”

“This was a good offer that I could not turn down. An MMA tournament, Good opponents, good prize money. I don’t want to focus too much on winning the tournament because that will affect my mental game, so I will focus on one fight at a time.”

- 5th Pick = Bruno Cappelozza (Jungle Fight 100kg Champion) – selected Slot D

“I really don’t know any of the fighters here today, so I will choose my opponent and hope I’m lucky.”

“That type of big money will change my life and my family’s life. And also becoming a champion. Those two aspects will be huge accomplishments for me.”

“It has been my dream to fight in Japan. I do not know too much about my opponent, but I’m sure we will both be prepared for an exciting fight. I think this will be an excellent fight.”

- 6th Pick = Vadim Nemkov (MMA Union Heavyweight Champion) – selected Slot H

“I will be representing Sambo. I would like to show the beauty of Sambo and the art of Sambo.”

- 7th Pick = Jiri Prochazka (GCF Czech Light Heavyweight Champion) – selected Slot F

“I am very excited to be able to show my skills in a country where the Samurai was born. I will not disappoint you.”

“Everybody here is tough. Since I will be fighting the hometown favorite, my fight will be gathering attention. I would like to use this opportunity and this challenge to become the next big thing.”

“It is so much money I do not know where to start. I believe that the money will come later. So as of now, my focus is to give it all I have to make RIZIN proud that they chose me for a participant.”

General Manager Nobuhiko Takada took the microphone after the drawing, “I am feeling a familiar, comfortable yet tense atmosphere right now. I am just excited to witness the birth of future stars. I hope Ishii can perform in a way where he will make us Japanese fans proud. Ishii’s first accomplishment was winning the gold medal, but we have not seen any outstanding results from him in MMA. I really hope he can use this opportunity to achieve the biggest accomplishment of his career.”

* Edited at 12.01.2015, 9:49 AM ET *

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

12.03.2015 | 5:45 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 150th

Bringing in gravure model, Manami Hashimoto, as some kind of ambassador.

Google says she's fit to be an ambassador or whatever.

Still waiting on an answer if Takada will don his thong for us this year. It's the last bit of news that is needed to get this thing set.

* Edited at 12.03.2015, 6:00 AM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.03.2015 | 7:57 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 6th with 1 other

Nice pics.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

12.04.2015 | 1:53 AM ET

Jose Canseco wants Hong Man Choi II under the Rizin banner. So we may get this slobber-knocker.

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

12.04.2015 | 2:05 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 150th

The Hong Man is already fighting in ROAD FC's Openweight tournament which starts the day after Christmas. If the rematch happens it will have to wait until next year, but by then RIZIN should have talked Shaq into quitting his ducking.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.04.2015 | 7:58 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 6th with 1 other

Road is having a tournament too?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

12.04.2015 | 8:05 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 36th with 1 other

Any word on Godbeer's replacement? Stuart Austin would be a good option, or ex champ Marcin Lazarz.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.04.2015 | 4:55 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 140th

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

12.06.2015 | 4:42 AM ET

Brennan Ward will be fighting on the card.

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘Ecstatic And Delighted’ By Khabib’s Unpaid Taxes Report
  • MMA Junkie : DraftKings Promo Code | Make a $1.5K No Sweat Bet on NHL Game 7, Monday Night MLB