Topic: Bellator 120

Bellator 120 Discussion

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

05.17.2014 | 2:56 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   233rd Place

After an aborted attempt with Rampage vs Tito, Bellator is back with a second try and pay per view when Rampage takes on King Mo.  Original main event trilogy fight with Alvarez and Chandler fell through due to an Alvarez training concussion, so Rampage/Mo is the main event.

Some other interesting fights also on the card.  Televised Spike prelims are at 8pm ET, and the the PPV slot is at 10pm.

Does anyone know if they are online-streaming fights prior to the Spike portion?

"I live, I die, I live again."

Bellator 120
  • Saturday 05.17.2014 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: Spike TV
  • Promotion: Bellator MMA
  • Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide LLC
  • Venue: The Landers Center
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Sean Wheelock, Jimmy Smith
  • Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
  • Interviews: Jimmy Smith | Backstage: Frank Shamrock
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 100,000 | TV Ratings:
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Quinton Jackson   defeats   Muhammed Lawal   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Will Brooks   defeats   Michael Chandler   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Tito Ortiz   defeats   Alexander Shlemenko   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   2:27 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Blagoy Ivanov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:08 Round 2 of 3, 6:08 Total Bout Page
Michael Page   defeats   Ricky Rainey   via KO/TKO, Punch   4:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Cheick Kongo   defeats   Eric Smith   via KO/TKO, Punches and Knees   4:35 Round 2 of 3, 9:35 Total Bout Page
Marcin Held   defeats   Nate Jolly   via Submission, Armbar   4:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Fabrício Guerreiro   defeats   Shakhbulat Shamkhalaev   via Submission, Kimura   3:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Goiti Yamauchi   defeats   Mike Richman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Austin Lyons   defeats   Zach Underwood   via Decision, Unanimous (technical)   3 Rounds, 13:25 Total Bout Page
Mike Wessel   defeats   Justin Frazier   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:28 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ben Brewer   defeats   Andy Uhrich   via KO/TKO, Strikes   2:40 Round 2 of 3, 7:40 Total Bout Page
Codie Shuffield   defeats   Anthony Lemon   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:15 Round 2 of 3, 7:15 Total Bout Page
Brian Hall   defeats   Cortez Phelia   via KO/TKO, Strikes   0:24 Round 3 of 3, 10:24 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 27

JeremyBrigham81
JeremyBrigham81
  • Predictions:  25,124  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 248

05.18.2014 | 6:11 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 560 Points   |   Tied for 213th

I just got back from my mini vacation to go to these fights and I must say it was a lot fun , some good fights and the crowd was hype for most of the event. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know how it came across on tv but I really enjoyed it. The crowd was super behind Tito and Rampage not sure very many people in my section even knew any of the other fighters though. 

1. I thought Chandler won his fight although it was close and Brooks did impress me 
2. Thought King Mo put up a good effort but knew there was no way he was getting a decision there. 
3. Cortez Phelia  is one tough dude , he took an absolute beating in the 1st round came back and won the second before being stopped off of a body shot and follow up in the 3rd.
4. The crowd hated MO and Venom.
5. A lot of the fighters came out after their fights and took pictures with fans which was cool.
All in all it was a great first live MMA experience  
LiLRASKALG
LiLRASKALG
  • Predictions:  3,613  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 86

05.18.2014 | 7:02 PM ET

First place Baby...

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 780 Points   |   1st Place

Kinda wish this was a ufc card.

"IF I AGREE WITH YOU THEN WE WOULD BOTH BE WRONG!"

flOw _
flOw _

05.18.2014 | 7:25 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 755 Points   |   4th Place

Be sure to write that on your CV. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 4 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
flOw _
flOw _

05.18.2014 | 7:26 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 755 Points   |   4th Place

Rampage wants rematch, not title fight because he knows he can't beat Emanuel Newton. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 4 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

05.18.2014 | 8:02 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 225 Points   |   630th Place

People ask me all the time, "what's Bellator's next PPV card going to look like?" I always tell them that the second PPV card is going to look like the sequel to the first one. Despite what Bjorn feeds everyone, Bellator doesn't have much depth, especially at the top.

In an ideal world without injuries, the second Bellator PPV card in late November will look like:

- Rampage vs. Emanuel Newton (c)
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Will Brooks (c)
- Tito Ortiz vs. King Mo (LHW Final)
- Michael Chandler vs. Dave Jansen (LW Final)
- Cheick Kongo vs. Blagoy Ivanov (HW Final)

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.18.2014 | 8:05 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 746th

OutlawJoseyWales's posts sound a lot like wolfman's.

EDIT: You're welcome Tapology.

* Edited at 05.18.2014, 8:05 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,018  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

05.18.2014 | 8:17 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 695 Points   |   24th Place

^^ i was thinking that too . Josey seems alot more like Wolfie then BellatorBob .

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Page 27

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long