Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Daukaus

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,132
  • Post Score: 47

08.19.2021 | 11:01 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Derrick Lewis   defeats   Chris Daukaus   via KO/TKO, Right Hooks   3:36 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Belal Muhammad   defeats   Stephen Thompson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Amanda Lemos   defeats   Angela Hill   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ricky Simón   defeats   Raphael Assunção   via KO/TKO, Right Hook and Uppercut   2:14 Round 2 of 3, 7:14 Total Bout Page
Mateusz Gamrot   defeats   Diego Ferreira   via KO/TKO, Submission to Strikes   3:26 Round 2 of 3, 8:26 Total Bout Page
Cub Swanson   defeats   Darren Elkins   via KO/TKO, Punches and Wheel Kick   2:12 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gerald Meerschaert   defeats   Dustin Stoltzfus   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:59 Round 3 of 3, 12:59 Total Bout Page
Justin Tafa   defeats   Harry Hunsucker   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   1:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Melissa Gatto   defeats   Sijara Eubanks   via KO/TKO, Body Kick   0:45 Round 3 of 3, 10:45 Total Bout Page
Charles Jourdain   defeats   Andre Ewell   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Raquel Pennington   defeats   Macy Chiasson   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   3:07 Round 2 of 3, 8:07 Total Bout Page
Don'Tale Mayes   defeats   Josh Parisian   via KO/TKO, Elbows From Crucifix   3:26 Round 3 of 3, 13:26 Total Bout Page
Jordan Leavitt   defeats   Matt Sayles   via Submission, Inverted Triangle Choke   2:05 Round 2 of 3, 7:05 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 12

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

12.13.2021 | 2:55 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1853rd

Thompson vs. Muhammad
Stephen Thompson, DEC
Wonderboy should be lock of the card, Only worry is Wonderboy falling of a cliff because of his age, But even still, I still will heavily favour Thompson, Belal was getting beat hard by Leon Edward before Leon almost blinded him, Wonderboy is a betted kickboxer then Leon, Also Wonderboy grappling ain't bad, Gilbert expose it a little bit, But Gilbert is increable at jiu-jitsu, Belal wreslling is good,but not great, I think it pretty clear, It Wonderboy, doing Wonderboy thing for 15 minutes

Pennington vs. Chiasson
Raquel Pennington, DEC
Macy Chiasson sucks, That the reason why the bookie put her at +250, They know what up, I haven't seen anything impressive from her, She beat low level women in not impressive way, Macy win agaist Sarah Moras was a comeback win, Moras is one of the worst Women on the roster, Lina Lansberg dominated her, Has Lansberg beaten anyone else, let alone dominated beside Chaisson, The last fight I rembeber of her, Was a close decsion with a 44 year old Marion Reneau, I think she stole the fight with a knockdown, Pennington going to have to drop the ball hard to lose to her, Pennington ain't the most exited,But she beating actully good fighter like Aldana and Kianzad, She not **** like Macy

"Quack quack quack"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,026  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,117
  • Post Score: 88

12.13.2021 | 2:59 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 2082nd

I honestly think wonderboy may get a ko here. Belal has a sus ass chin for only being ko’ed 1 time

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

RichOsama
RichOsama
  • Predictions:  1,806  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,197

12.13.2021 | 3:05 PM ET

Lmaonnaise

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2466th

Whose credentials were those? And sabbath , I said Leavitt by sub or Sayles by KO. Also said it probably be best to do a prop bet of ITD. 
RichOsama
RichOsama

12.13.2021 | 3:07 PM ET

Sabbath

So you're saying Jourdain loses to Ewell ? 
RichOsama
RichOsama

12.13.2021 | 3:08 PM ET

Sabbath

Also , Ewell's best wins are Splits which can be argued he lost all 3. He's beat cans. Literally. 

* Edited at 12.13.2021, 3:10 PM ET *

RichOsama
RichOsama

12.13.2021 | 3:12 PM ET

Sabbath

His wins before the ufc , their combined record is like 40-80 lmao 

* Edited at 12.13.2021, 3:12 PM ET *

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,128  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

12.13.2021 | 3:32 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 2356th

@Damien, I remember calling Thompson a lock.

and I lost all my tapology wagering league fake money because he was knocked out by ... Anthony Pettis...

"Never go down without a fight"

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,876  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,456
  • Post Score: 239

12.13.2021 | 3:44 PM ET

RichOsama

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2453rd

**** no, did I give off the impression Andre will win? Cause, that was supremely unintentional. I already did an analysis on why Charles wins over a week ago, Andre is a middling one-two spammer and is a perfect punching bag for someone like Charles whom is way more technical. The only inch Andre is gonna take from this fight is Charles’ foot up his ass. Andre has a better chance of an earthquake happening during the event and cancelling the fight before he has a chance of winning it. 

"My teachings always come with a receipt because I am the profit."

Standard_Split
Standard_Split
  • Predictions:  12  |  83.3%
  • Forum Posts:  179
  • Post Score: 168

12.13.2021 | 3:49 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 2970th

Keying the following fighters: Wonderboy, Meerschaert, Lemos, Gamrot, and Barcelos. 
Flyer on: Derrick Lewis. 

Probably that order in terms of confidence, as well. I wouldn't fault people for taking Ferreira as a dog against Gamrot, but I think Gamrot is value right now (got him at -166), and he's already around -200 probably keeps getting steamed. I just feel like Gamrot is better everywhere except in terms of BJJ-prowess, but he's good enough to avoid getting subbed by Ferreira. 
Hard for me to see Wonderboy or Meerschaert losing, barring some freak injury. Always been high on Barcelos, and while Henry is certainly no slouch, Barcelos is just a few levels above imo. Barcelos is still a dark horse, that Valiev fight was weird and I'm sure if he had another crack at him it would go differently the 2nd time around. 
Daukaus is a huge underlay imo, but I guess recency bias is playing a role there. As a few others have pointed out, Daukaus is hittable, and I think that will be his undoing. Despite Lewis' recent troubles, he's won 7 of his last 10, only losing to Gane, DC, and Dos Santos. If you're going to wager on that fight though, I would wait to bet Lewis ITD or Lewis KO/TKO, early rounds, etc...he isn't winning a 5-round decision (I know I'm not breaking any news there). 
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.13.2021 | 4:06 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 585 Points   |   Tied for 1815th

Amanda Lemos   vs.   Angela Hill 

It's kind of insane to me that Lemos is a -300 and greater favourite here. We're talking about a woman who was TKO'ed by Leslie Smith, whose only redeeming quality is that she's harder to finish than a turd sandwich, her seminal achievements being having the ugly beaten off her by Cyborg--twice. Not that her method of birth control isn't still just a well-lit room.

I Despise Angela Hill. And her soyjak boyfriend too, who no doubt routinely finds himself ball-gagged and bound to a chair in the corner of the room, holding up the iphone and tugging himself at hyperspeeds with a pair of tweezers as his unpretty wife gets slayed by mandingo. However, this is exactly the kind of fight Hill is designed to win. Lemos is a low-output heavy-slinger who does not cut a lot of angles, has very limited footwork, doesn't have strong entries and notably lacks a solid double leg.

She has beaten nobody good at all and has had a MASSIVE size advantage over every one of her ranked wins. This includes Granger, Souza, and Inoue. Her record has more padding than Joe Biden's incontinence trousers, and she has spanked more bums than Elton John.

I think the bookies have something in common with Adam Blair Pryde in here in that they've both totally screwed the pooch. I can absolutely see Hill avoiding the TDD through mobility and footwork and easily outpointing Lemos for a clear UD. I will, sadly, be betting Hill straight, and adding her to some accumulators.

Hill, Dec.

* Edited at 12.13.2021, 4:16 PM ET *

EinsteinMMA
EinsteinMMA
  • Predictions:  14  |  85.7%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: -188

12.13.2021 | 4:15 PM ET

Daukaus vs Lewis Prediction

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 3538th

I'm on Daukaus here's why:

https://einsteinmma.substack.com/p/ufc-vegas-45-main-event
EinsteinMMA
EinsteinMMA
  • Predictions:  14  |  85.7%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: -188

12.13.2021 | 4:17 PM ET

Gamrot Vs Ferreira Prediction

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 3538th

I like Gamrot see my reasoning why:

https://einsteinmma.substack.com/p/ufc-vegas-45
Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

12.13.2021 | 4:35 PM ET

@einstein

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 1080th

No, we are not checking your links to make you earn from ads. Haven't shown us what you got when it comes to analysis, coming here randomly just to promote your stupid page, gtfo

* Edited at 12.13.2021, 4:46 PM ET *

"****."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.13.2021 | 4:48 PM ET

@osama

That’s gamrots wrestling and grappling credentials 

Sabbath
Sabbath

12.13.2021 | 4:52 PM ET

adrndc11

As annoying as this link spam **** is, the guy legit knows what he’s talking about. I read his analysis on Claudio. Pretty much went down exactly as he predicted 

* Edited at 12.13.2021, 4:53 PM ET *

darksheepPL
darksheepPL

12.13.2021 | 4:53 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 498th

Mateusz Gamrot - Panic wrestler/pillowfisted striker who's afraid to get hit. Norman Parke beat that ass in the first fight (In the second, when he caught the wind in his sails, polish ***** started copying old Jonny Bones's gameplan but wasn't as good as Jon so it was "NC" even tho it could be a DQ win for Stormin. Not counting the third fight because Norman was super drained), and we can still see the same mistakes in the fight with Guram, with Ziółkowski, **** even with Holtzman. No, he won't hold Diego down. Yes, he doesn't like being pressured. No, he's not strong physically. Yes he is pillowfisted, that's why he will have problem with convincing judges that he's "winning" of the backfoot, because he will make absolutely no damage. Yes he's not great on the ground, he also prefers lay'n'pray rather than g'n'p and still leaves a lot of space. I'll be suprised if Diego won't be able to scramble back to his feet or get a sweep. I mean, fresh CDF was able to outgrapple Gregor Gillespie, that tells you all you need. He only looked good against Stephens because Jeremy is a ******* bum and probably took a dive. None of Gamrot's previous opponents looked so bad against him. And many of them were much worse than Stephens.
I can only see Mateusz winning via robbery or if there's a plot twist and it turns out he underperformed throughout his whole career lol. Or maybe if CDF will be super drained, which is possible I'm not gonna lie. Otherwise, he's not good enough.

* Edited at 12.13.2021, 4:57 PM ET *

"-CSO-"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.13.2021 | 4:54 PM ET

Baldric

Are u sure lemos is low output? 6.32 sspm is pretty good. Also that Leslie smith fight was like 4 years ago so not sure if it’s the best fight to judge her skill on. I will agree with you about the size and padding. I’m sure lemos, being a former BW is gonna be bigger than hill (she’s already gonna be the taller fighter). The padded record does worry me a little bit because hill has fought some of the best, but hill loses just about as much as she wins. Granted, she was on the receiving end of some pretty terrible decisions, but look who she’s beat; pretty much all are either washouts or much less veteran fighters.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.13.2021 | 4:55 PM ET

@darksheep

You may be the biggest gamrot hater I have ever seen😂😂

Sabbath
Sabbath

12.13.2021 | 4:56 PM ET

AyyLmaonnaise

Amanda Lemos is underrated but hasn’t fought anyone decent yet. She’s got hands though, ******* hits like a dude. And her straight punches are actually straight punches and not just WMMA trademarklooping semi-overhands 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.13.2021 | 4:57 PM ET

Yeah I agree, it’s a massive step up in competition. I also don’t like how hill has never been knocked down. I just think lemos is actually good tho. I also just don’t like Angela hill so not picking her 

* Edited at 12.13.2021, 4:58 PM ET *

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : WWE Superstar MVP Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation