Topic: UFC 246

UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,016
  • Post Score: 47

10.27.2019 | 10:06 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 246
  • Saturday 01.18.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $11,089,129
  • Attendance: 19,040
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 1,353,429 | TV Ratings: 1.77M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Conor McGregor   defeats   Donald Cerrone   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   0:40 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Holly Holm   defeats   Raquel Pennington   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Aleksei Oleinik   defeats   Maurice Greene   via Submission, Armbar   4:38 Round 2 of 3, 9:38 Total Bout Page
Brian Kelleher   defeats   Ode Osbourne   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Diego Ferreira   defeats   Anthony Pettis   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:46 Round 2 of 3, 6:46 Total Bout Page
Roxanne Modafferi   defeats   Maycee Barber   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sodiq Yusuff   defeats   Andre Fili   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Askar Askarov   defeats   Tim Elliott   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Drew Dober   defeats   Nasrat Haqparast   via KO/TKO, Counter Cross to Ground and Pound   1:10 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Aleksa Camur   defeats   Justin Ledet   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sabina Mazo   defeats   JJ Aldrich   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 7

johnnyonthespot
johnnyonthespot
  • Predictions:  134  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  371
  • Post Score: 101

12.27.2019 | 9:56 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1468th

So Maycee line is getting toward 91% implied win probability.

Roxanne has been ko once in 39 fights. She has not lost a finish since 2011.  Gillian Robertson is a nice girl that knows how to submit,  not powerful at all, she is the opposite of Roxanne. I saw Aldrich win  first round vs. Maycee before getting ko in 2nd.  If Maycee can ko Roxanne it is meaningful and will be another statement for her young career, but she has had what 3 real fights. If no ko, best case for her backers will be to win a decision. It may be unanimous it may be close, all I know is that most of the time when my money awaits a larger favorite decision, I always say I wish I passed on the fight if given choice at that moment. This line makes the fight practically unbeatable unless you come up with a proposition. The totals arent up yet, but it will be interesting to see what the side is juiced.

OT

Just listened to Bryce Mitchell on Theo Von podcast. It is beyond entertaining. Pretty wild to choke a deer to death. I freaking love this guy but his division is stacked.

* Edited at 12.27.2019, 10:00 PM ET *

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." -H.L. Mencken

johnnyonthespot
johnnyonthespot

12.27.2019 | 10:17 PM ET

@davis410

Interesting information about Ledet  Instagram presence. Could be taken another way too. Lots of distraction with social media, it can be insidious to a psyche, haters/fanboys whatever. If I was a coach I would steer my fighters clear of that fake world. I mean I guess its different if you are elite, but its benefits are fleeting.

* Edited at 12.27.2019, 10:18 PM ET *

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." -H.L. Mencken

johnnyonthespot
johnnyonthespot

12.27.2019 | 10:29 PM ET

I think Ferreira line is off, it almost seems fishy, -230, really? He may have 13 less fights but he is 2 years older. Pettis has gone 4-4 vs the best last 8. I mean how impressive is it really to ko Gordon and Nelson? I cant tell if Pettis is cooked, seems like people think that.

BDiesel84
BDiesel84
  • Predictions:  4,454  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 238

12.29.2019 | 11:42 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 878th

Barber vs. Modafferi
Maycee Barber, TKO, R1
LOCK

AnthillIss
AnthillIss

12.30.2019 | 2:43 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 367th

Holm vs. Pennington II
Holly Holm, DEC
Holm don't **** up your record. L-W-L-W-L-?

Oleinik vs. Greene
Alexey Oleinik, SUB, R1
rly flipping a coin?

Gadelha vs. Grasso
Cláudia Gadelha, DEC
If stupid can ****elha won't remember about takedowns, she? will win

Haqparast vs. Dober
Nasrat Haqparast, DEC
Maybe TKO, maybe not but Nasrat doesn't have this knockout power

Camur vs. Ledet
Aleksa Camur, DEC
Why TKO? Camur doesn't have knockout power and he isn't agressive.

Elliott vs. Askarov
Askar Askarov, DEC
I thought that Askarov is a little bit overhyped but he was doing well against Moreno who is a great fighter. Elliott you can go back and stop fighting

Osbourne vs. Kelleher
Ode Osbourne, SUB, R1
Kelleher should be out after that fight

Mazo vs. Aldrich
Sabina Mazo, DEC
Don't sleep on Mazo

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

12.30.2019 | 2:57 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1275th

Disagree with the Askarov statement, I thought he got handled by Moreno

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Axl702
Axl702
  • Predictions:  2,951  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  483
  • Post Score: 110

12.30.2019 | 3:52 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1808th

he literally held moreno for damn near that entire fight, not impressed with askarov after that performance but his wrestling is definitely top level.

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Axl702
Axl702

12.30.2019 | 3:54 PM ET

holly holm and Olenik both are too old to be fighting, most likely they will get finished again.... I would like to see Olenik retire with a Win though

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Axl702
Axl702

12.30.2019 | 3:55 PM ET

aleksa camur vs Justin Ledet will be the most boring fight on the card and there will be no KO.....

* Edited at 12.30.2019, 3:57 PM ET *

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

12.30.2019 | 6:38 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1808th

Camur has won literally all of his fights, pro(5) and ammy(5), by KO.  All in the 1st round apart from his DWCS fight which went about a minute into the 2nd!!!!
How can you say he has no power or question why most are picking him to win by T/KO????  It is blatantly obvious that he has enough power to finish fights and it is an obvious pick to go for a Camur T/KO

the things that you can question are the level of his opposition, his lack of experience, the UFC debut "jitters!" and Ledet having fought and beaten better opposition.  Those are the things you should be considering, not whether Camur can finish or not!!!

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

johnnyonthespot
johnnyonthespot

12.30.2019 | 8:01 PM ET

"Lock"

Axl702
Axl702

12.31.2019 | 12:21 AM ET

Camur's opposition is about as quality as some steel oats from a fallout shelter from WW2.
Ledet can walk around this kid, Camur stays planted a lot. 
not even rakic got el blanco outta there

"R.I.P. Beneil"

kepharticus
kepharticus
  • Predictions:  2,214  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 425

12.31.2019 | 1:00 AM ET

Ledet found success having faster hands than low level heavyweights

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 878th

but the guy is about as unathletic and one dimensional as it gets for 205. He's landed exactly 0 leg kicks in 5 ufc fights. He doesn't go to the body. And he's got 0 power. 

Not sure how getting dominated 24-30 by Rakic can be spun positively lol 
Blaydes84
Blaydes84
  • Predictions:  1,063  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: -30

12.31.2019 | 1:19 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 209th

90% of mma fans wants drama is a joke. Scrubs like you with that mindset is why the UFC is going to ****. No clue what you are watching just like a loud mouth. Go watch Days of our lives chubby nerd.
Blaydes84
Blaydes84

12.31.2019 | 1:26 AM ET

No hes right you are gay and mcgregor is trash
Blaydes84
Blaydes84

12.31.2019 | 1:42 AM ET

Hahahaha his instagram has literally 0 ****s to do with this fight
Blaydes84
Blaydes84

12.31.2019 | 1:49 AM ET

And he will have faster hands than Camur also. Camur will throw one looping haymaker repeatedly and get countered with multiple combos repeatedly.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.31.2019 | 2:26 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2269th

The problem with UFC isn't fighters being characters, it's the promotion itself shoehorning Golden Geese into title bouts, making up belts, and stacking the deck through slanted referees and judges to keep theearners in belts and in Hype. Herb Dean is the worst. Go back and watch the Mcgregor vs Khabib fight. Count the fouls, and count how many Herb Dean didn't call. Then  consider Mcgregor was given a round for spending the whole of it on his back. That's not accidental. I don't know if Dean is on the take, or is simply made to understand that if he doesn't adjudicate in the interests of the promotion, he'll stop getting the big jobs. But adjudication isn't free of bias. There's definitely a relationship there. There's definitely a one-hand-washes-the-other deal with USADA too, because NO company pays over the market value of a service unless they're getting something out of i. No Kids, that is not how things go.

I'm not saying the UFC fixes fights, they don't. They definitely arrange things so that the guys bringing in the bacon have the best shot at winning though. And not popping for PEDS. Unless of course you believe they leave this entirely to chance with millions of dollars on the line.

NO company wants to lose money, and every company will do things to ensure what is profitable keeps producing profit through all possible means ( and sometimes by any means necessary--I'm looking at you Enron). That's the way the world works, that's the way business works. That's why Mcgregor will be given a title shot for beating Cerrone, regardless of how many women he ****s, how many buses he smashes, and how many old men he punches at the pub.

Why am I against this? Because philosophically, I do not think that narcissistic destructive sociopathic behavior should be encouraged, let alone rewarded. It is the idea that it does not matter intrinsically how good you are, but rather how much hype and money you can generate, that earns you a shot at the belt. And if that's the case, the belt means nothing. And neither does anything else. That is antithetical to everything competition is predicated upon. Think for a moment what the world would be like if popularity, not talent, was ultimately rewarded. 

I believe in meretricious earning, especially in prize fighting that purports to be rankings-based. The reason UFC isn't a sport is because largely rankings do not matter, and they certainly do not ultimately matter. For example, in Olympic Swimming, nobody is given a shot at the gold if they don't place first. There is no Olympic equivalent of Mcgregor vs Cerrone, or Bisping vs Hendo.  UFC isn't a sport; it's sports entertainment. And as long as UFC dominates the market, it never will be a sport.

Listen to me, people: You know how Dana talked for years about how he hoped MMA would one day be an Olympic sport? That was ********. Not only did he never want that, he doesn't want it now. And he never will want it. That would mean the Democratization of MMA; a true free market with standardizing bodies such as USADA outside of the scope of the Company's influence, and risk-mitigation strategies. It would mean a plethora of new externalities. MMA becoming an Olympic sport is as bad as the Ali Act being extended to MMA for the UFC and for essentially the same reasons; it  would remove market control and regulatory powers from UFC, give greater leverage to free-agents, which would raise their price index, and open UFC up to competition. UFC wants the landscape to remain as it is; a slum-village of low-value promotions which cannot compete with the UFC in any real terms, whilst concomitantly serving as 'proof' that the UFC isn't a monopoly by the sheer fact they exist, and serve  as free vetting agencies, nurseries and talent pools that UFC can draw from as they wish.

What the UFC is is a giant Ludus. It controls, essentially, the entirely of the industry. It is the aristocracy that looks down from a terraced castle on a sea of tentpole organizations, observes which fighters emerge with the most talent and the most marketability, and sends out envoys to those markets who says 'I'll have this one, that one, and that one too'. 

UFC doesn't want a sport, it never did, and never will. It wants exactly what you've got now.

That's how things are. Anyone who cannot understand this is an ignoramus.

Addendum: If you're entertained by Mcgregor as an adult, you're a ******* Troglodyte. It's really that simple. Because really anyone over the age of twelve shouldn't be entertained by such a boring, puerile, uninspired, quasi-literate prima donna. If that's you, it's probably time to put down the bag of Funyuns and shelf the Box set of Dukes of Hazard.

Because you're a ******* imbecile.

Rant over.

* Edited at 12.31.2019, 3:18 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 16 hours, and 11 minutes from now.
Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,098  |  72.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 303

12.31.2019 | 7:28 AM ET

braveheart

fish is on point !

the reggae shark is real

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

Loganarsenal
Loganarsenal
  • Predictions:  6,522  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  97
  • Post Score: 193

12.31.2019 | 7:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 222nd

McGregor vs. Cerrone
Conor McGregor, TKO, R1
Very close fight. I like Cerrone a lot and i like Mcrgregor a lot however i believe the money has got to Mcgregors head and i think this will get him knocked the **** out sooner rather than later, unfortunately i just can't see it being Cerrone that does it. I can see Mcgregor marking his return with a first round KO.

Oleinik vs. Greene
Maurice Greene, TKO, R1
I'm shocked that Oleinik is the favourite here. Granted he has a hell of a lot more experience and the bloke is a submission master however i cannot see him tapping Greene. Greene isn't the best fighter, he got flattened by Pavlovich in his last fight however for me Pavlovich is a future champ. Oleinik looked like an old man in his last fight where Walt Harris quite literally destroyed him. If this fight goes to the ground early then Oleinik has every chance of tapping Greene however for me i think Greene is going to expose the age of Oleinik ealry on and KO him very similar to what Walt Harris did to him.

Barber vs. Modafferi
Maycee Barber, TKO, R2
I don't have much interest in female fights if i'm honest, however there's something very attractive about Barber so she is going to win simple as that.

Fili vs. Yusuff
Sodiq Yusuff, DEC
Both very good fighters, by far Yusuff's toughest fight yet but i can see him pulling through and winning this by decision.

Haqparast vs. Dober
Nasrat Haqparast, DEC
Kelvin Gastelums twin is a future champion, he looked brilliant in his last fight, very clever fighter who i can see winning this on decision.

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves