Topic: UFC 243

UFC 243: Whittaker vs. Adesanya

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,014
  • Post Score: 47

05.13.2019 | 10:15 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 243
  • Saturday 10.05.2019 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Marvel Stadium
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $5,478,345
  • Attendance: 57,127
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 559,000 avg. viewers (ESPN prelims, 639k peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Robert Whittaker   via KO/TKO, Counter Left Hook   3:33 Round 2 of 5, 8:33 Total Bout Page
Dan Hooker   defeats   Al Iaquinta   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Serghei Spivac   defeats   Tai Tuivasa   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:14 Round 2 of 3, 8:14 Total Bout Page
Dhiego Lima   defeats   Luke Jumeau   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Yorgan De Castro   defeats   Justin Tafa   via KO/TKO, Counter Right   2:10 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jake Matthews   defeats   Rostem Akman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Callan Potter   defeats   Maki Pitolo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brad Riddell   defeats   Jamie Mullarkey   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Megan Anderson   defeats   Zarah Fairn   via Submission, Triangle Choke   3:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ji Yeon Kim   defeats   Nadia Kassem   via KO/TKO, Hooks to the Body   4:59 Round 2 of 3, 9:59 Total Bout Page
Khalid Taha   vs.   Bruno Silva   Overturned to No Contest   3:00 Round 3 of 3, 13:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 4

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

09.30.2019 | 10:27 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 1478th

I don't have nothing against her mate. I just don't think she's very good, certainly nowhere near as good as some people believed when she was in Invicta! She has went down in my estimations each time I have watched her fight. At 1st I thought her loss to Cindy Dandios was a prospect loss but then Holly Holm beat her by outwrestling her, Holly Holm won a fight using wrestling!!!! Then Spencer made her look like a white belt! She seems to be more interested in her Instagram account as a  female tattoed model and is a part time fighter.
Again I don't have nothing against her. I'm glad she's making money and you do what pleases you, it's her life.  
But she is not a good fighter. I thinkall you have to do is watch her fights to see that. I think Dos Santos will take her down and either submit or control her for all 3 rounds fairly easily

* Edited at 09.30.2019, 10:32 AM ET *

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.30.2019 | 10:34 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 410th

Everything u say is true I can't deny. Imagine she got the cyborg fight. Cyborg woulda smashed her face in. Way stronger and faster. It would have been a pitiful beating but I definitely woulda been aroused.

P.s.

Poor girl is as helpless as a turtle on her back. That's y I broke up with her
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.30.2019 | 10:36 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 410th

Here are the losing picks
Hippie
Hippie

09.30.2019 | 10:38 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1173rd

Haha @free

Nah, maybe the winning picks!
TransomMMA
TransomMMA
  • Predictions:  26  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 263

09.30.2019 | 1:18 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 2383rd

Whittaker vs. Adesanya
Israel Adesanya, DEC
Don't think Adesanya will finish him but his superior striking ability and takedown defense should serve him well i believe.

"I May not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

TransomMMA
TransomMMA
  • Predictions:  26  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 263

09.30.2019 | 1:20 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 2383rd

Iaquinta vs. Hooker
Al Iaquinta, DEC
Iaquinta is a Dog and will definitely have to be finished in order to lose this one I believe.

"I May not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

2019.09.30 4:24 PM ET

event picks deadline updated

Fantasy picks now lock at Saturday, October 5 at 6:45pm ET
Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,156  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

09.30.2019 | 4:29 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1617th

There are no sexy female fighters IMO. There are complete troggs like the twerking nightmare that is bethe, there are the scary man ladies like cyborg and then there is everyone else who is meh at best.  Watching MMA for pretty girls is like watching NASCAR for the elocution. 

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

sulik
sulik
  • Predictions:  1,444  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 200

09.30.2019 | 4:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1079th

Tuivasa vs. Spivak
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
Ninth

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

09.30.2019 | 4:51 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 1811th

Ugly women being elevated to the status of beauties simply because they are fighters is truly a strange phenomenon. It's a bit like when you're in highschool and a female substitute teacher under 40 arrives.

Everyone ( and by that I mean anyone male, who in their teen years would probably **** anything with heat in it) talks about how they'd like to tap her despite the fact that objectively, she's some dumpy, dour miserable thing that vaguely reminds you of the sad red-eyed woman wearing a brown knitted sweater, snorting into a tissue at a bus stop during the pre-cure part of a before-and-after lemsip commercial.

I never understood this, and still don't.

Megan Anderson isn't sexy. Valentina Schevchenko looks like someone's big toe roleplaying as Elmer Fudd in drag. Get some self-respect people, because if you think Holly Holm is sexy, you don't have any--and you're one step away from a tranny fetish.

Pro life tip: You're not going to increase the probability that you'll get laid by pretending that wildebeests float on half-shells. All this will do is land you in the lap of a wildebeest, and reduce your chances of attracting a genuinely attractive woman by an enormous magnitude. And there's two primary reasons for that; the female ego, and hypergamy. Thus is the explanation to why whenever you're dating a pretty girl, pretty girls are interested in you. You see, there's some...let's call it 'source code', getting about in the minds of women. It's very old, and it drives them to seek a mate who can provide for them. This is because as child-bearers, they naturally assume risks that men do not. It is their imperative to secure a mate who is likely to support them through pregnancy, protect them during it, and help support their progeny beyond. Your imperative dear sir is to disperse your genetic material as widely as possible. Simply put, you're coded to bang as many women as you can. Hence decrepit old 80 year old billionaires with 18 yo glamour model trophy wives--who no doubt are hoping they die before they become infertile.

If a woman sees you with a pretty woman...it's a good bet that you're a good bet, because the rule of hypergamy is to trade up, not down.

Men select women simply; on looks. That is, on the basis of their genetic value entirely. Women select men based on this criteria, and their ability to provide. It is thus the tendency of women to breed with a genetically superior partner, and upgrade that partner to a financially superior one after the birth of children. Child support payments and alimony have streamlined this process enormously. Consider that the rate of divorce is around 85%, and that most of these are initiated by women, and most after childbirth.....

Be careful, young studs. You are in a kind of holy war. Either your imperative wins, or hers wins. They are incompatible.

Women respond to indifference, and being made to understand that what they are bringing to the table is a depreciating asset--their sexual market value. It's ugly, but it's true. That's life.

* Edited at 09.30.2019, 6:16 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, and 2 minutes from now.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

09.30.2019 | 5:09 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 1979th

Whittaker vs. Adesanya
Robert Whittaker, TKO, R2
This fight is a coin flip for me, but I think the loser is going to get **** up. Can't tell if this is going to be Conor vs Aldo or Till vs Woodley but I'm guessing the later

Iaquinta vs. Hooker
Daniel Hooker, TKO, R2
Have no strong read going hooker because I'm an Ozzy

Tuivasa vs. Spivak
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
Tai is going to destroy this can in the first minute of the first round.

Jumeau vs. Lima
Luke Jumeau, TKO, R3
People forgetting how bad lima is or confusing him for his bro. I think Jumeau is going to decision lima

De Castro vs. Tafa
Justin Tafa, TKO, R2
Watching De Castro leg kick Ko someone in his last fight was super satifiying but I think this Islander are tough with big power and I see Tafa KO him

Matthews vs. Akman
Jake Matthews, DEC
Jake Matthews look like he improve beating the leach a few fight ago and I think Rostem will be to hot with his chesthair in the Ozzy heat

Potter vs. Pitolo
Maki Pitolo, TKO, R1
This guy nickname is Coconut Bombz he's going to win

Riddell vs. Mullarkey
Brad Riddell, TKO, R2
This looks like a fight of 2 kick-boxer and one training in Phuket so I'm taking him

Anderson vs. Dos Santos
Zarah Fairn Dos Santos, SUB, R2
Using Mikey's rule hear as I notice it works but I'm sketch out a bit because Megan suck but Dos Santos might be worse

Kassem vs. Kim
Ji Yeon Kim, DEC
Nadia Kassem has a big nose but I think she still has horny fanboy's but Ji Yeon Kim has a lesbian haircut and a scary face.

Taha vs. Silva
Bruno Silva, SUB, R2
I was think Khalid because of his KO of Boston Salmon but looking at how Silva went to split with Casey Kenny I lean him now

* Edited at 09.30.2019, 7:44 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

09.30.2019 | 6:28 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 1478th

@damienhandel  I LOVE your Kassem v Kim breakdown!  Big Nose vs Scary Face!

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

femismith
femismith
  • Predictions:  1,071  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2

09.30.2019 | 8:26 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 801st

Whittaker vs. Adesanya
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R1
Israel by TKO in round 1 to silence the doubters.

Nirvanaguy007
Nirvanaguy007
  • Predictions:  22,925  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,064
  • Post Score: 234

09.30.2019 | 9:05 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 1039th

My heart says Adesanya and my mind says Whittaker. 

"how bout u go an **** off my page then u peice of **** u think we need a stupid ****witt like u telling us about looking good who the **** are u take your worthless advice and get the **** out of here"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.30.2019 | 9:29 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 201st

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 13 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.30.2019 | 9:38 PM ET

EMG has camp footage on Israel & The Hangman. So pumped for this fight

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 201st

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 13 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
Stylebender
Stylebender
  • Predictions:  258  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 128

10.01.2019 | 8:48 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 160th

the Last Stylebender !

"LDK"

WaterShogun
WaterShogun
  • Predictions:  84  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 275

10.01.2019 | 1:37 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 2383rd

WAR BOBBY KNUCKLES!
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.01.2019 | 7:33 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 1811th

Nadia Kassem   vs.   Ji Yeon Kim 

Conventional wisdom would say Kim, but I'm not so sure. She's fought stiffer competition and has a powerful right hand...but that's all she has going for her. I don't like Kassem; she is low-minded bogan lebo trash. At some point in her life she has assuredly dispensed a blowjob to a man named mahmoud in the back of a 90's holden commodore with a VB sticker on it featuring a secondhand spoiler from a different model car secured with tech screws. He stank of Moroccan spices and lynx Africa, wore Adidas tracksuit pants, and will never solve a Rubik's cube. They were on their way to fish from a pier. A fund day out for everyone!

I'll take Kim.

Megan Anderson   vs.   Zarah Fairn Dos Santos  

Pretty much a gimme fight for Anderson, which are probably the only kinds of fights she's going to win in the UFC, Dos Santos is one of the ****tiest UFC WMMA signings in recent memory, which is really saying something. She's essentially the largest turd in the kitty litter. She's a striker who plods around flat footed with low hands whilst having almost nothing to threaten her opponent with whatsoever. No power, no takedowns. She's a regional standard fighter at best... a skilless, button-eyed meth scrag who will not win this fight, and who will be KO'ed within one round. Megan will trot around the cage, pale as fish's belly and braying, piss-teethed, like the hideous entitled Jenny that she is, like achieving this means something. Can't ******* wait!

Khalid Taha   vs.   Bruno Silva 

This should be good. This should be violent. It's a  great fight that's hard to pick, and really it depends if Taha can land anything heavy. If he does he'll get the finish because he can ice anyone. That said Silva's power is joke either...he seemed to barely put anything into the shots he finished shlemenko with. I'm going to pick Taha here. I think he has the better moments, and is better from the top.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, and 2 minutes from now.
PanFriedPrestige
PanFriedPrestige
  • Predictions:  1,657  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 193

10.01.2019 | 7:47 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 958th

Whittaker vs. Adesanya
Robert Whittaker, TKO, R1
Leaping in overhand out cold

Iaquinta vs. Hooker
Daniel Hooker, TKO, R3
Knee

Tuivasa vs. Spivak
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
Clinch Elbow ko

De Castro vs. Tafa
Justin Tafa, TKO, R1
Uppercuts

Potter vs. Pitolo
Maki Pitolo, TKO, R1
Head kick

Anderson vs. Dos Santos
Megan Anderson, TKO, R1
Masterclass

Kassem vs. Kim
Nadia Kassem, DEC
Boring as ****

Taha vs. Silva
Khalid Taha, TKO, R1
Smacking right hand

vanalmelo
vanalmelo
  • Predictions:  298  |  58.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1

10.01.2019 | 10:54 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 1943rd

Potter vs. Pitolo
Maki Pitolo, TKO, R1
Pitolo misses weight calling it

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville announced with 13 fights already booked for the card
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303