Topic:

Best TUF coach?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rayallen0
rayallen0
  • Predictions:  1,004  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  145
  • Post Score: 58

06.28.2012 | 5:35 AM ET

A lot of people don't enjoy the reality portion of the show and I can understand this but beyond the fights, sometimes even over the fights my favorite part is to see how the superstars of the UFC would act as coach.

Disclaimer I have only seen season 1-3, 12, 14-15 & Brazil. 

For all the **** Tito gets I don't think anybody can question his passion for coaching (atleast in season 3) Grove & Hamill loved the experience they trained with Tito after the show, Grove for a long time, Hamill for just 6 months. Bisping brought Tito onto TUF 14 and I am sure Bisping met Rampage & Tiki through Tito. 

Shamrock was the only coach that just sucked. Kos did pretty bad as well but Nam Phan was the only fighter he drafted even worth mentioning where as 4/7 of GSP team is still in the UFC. 

Responses

mmAPR0digy
mmAPR0digy
  • Predictions:  13,158  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,307
  • Post Score: 144

06.28.2012 | 9:20 AM ET

I honestly thought that Matt Serra was an excellent coach on the show

"I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask? - BJ Penn"

rayallen0
rayallen0

07.01.2012 | 12:28 AM ET

Just watched Serra corner Shonie Carter...was impressive and bizarre. 
gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  40,154  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

07.01.2012 | 12:33 AM ET

matt serras a great coach ! so was gsp! ,  but my fav not best my fav to watch is bisping always entertaining haha

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

07.01.2012 | 12:33 AM ET

I thought Rashad was a pretty good coach.  Way better than Rampage, although that season's talent sucked pretty badly anyway.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,449  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

07.01.2012 | 12:40 AM ET

Tito, Serra, and Wanderlei were the best coaches imho. Tito would be first though for me. In both seasons he coached he did a great job! 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

rayallen0
rayallen0

07.01.2012 | 2:50 AM ET

I'm putting Kos on the list more for his Assistant coaching on season 1 especially getting Southworth through cutting weight. 
Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

07.01.2012 | 3:22 AM ET

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Polaris Announces First Ever Gi Grand Prix
  • MMA Mania : Hall Pass? Rockhold Wants UFC Return Vs. ‘Fake Little B—ch’ Strickland
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC partners with RIZIN on co-promoted events, talent exchange, and expansion into Japan
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland responds to Luke Rockhold's callout: 'Xtreme? I'll f*ck you up for fun'
  • MMA Mania : Updated PFL Newcastle Fight Card!
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes fully expects Jon Jones to retire after Stipe Miocic, considers Tom Aspinall a tougher fight
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White's Contender Series, Season 8 roster filling out with UFC hopefuls
  • MMA Mania : Jimmy Smith Returns At Bellator Dublin!
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Talks Conor McGregor, Claims UFC Party Animal’s ‘Mental Warfare’ Matches Muhammad Ali
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier says UFC middleweight division similar to a circus: 'Queue the clown music'
  • MMA Mania : What The Hell Is This Crap?
  • MMA Junkie : Is Conor McGregor still fighting Michael Chandler at UFC 303? Here's what we know
  • MMA Junkie : Dustin Poirier reveals numerous injuries suffered at UFC 302 vs. Islam Makhachev
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier reveals all injuries suffered in loss to Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • Middle Easy : Tony Ferguson’s Next UFC Foe Michael Chiesa: ‘It’s Not Like They Threw Him To The Wolves’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC adds Azat Maksum vs. CJ Vergara to Abu Dhabi fight card
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler: Where we stand after UFC 303 press conference cancellation
  • UFC.com : UFC RETURNS TO MANCHESTER WITH A THRILLING WELTERWEIGHT REMATCH BETWEEN UK CHAMPION LEON EDWARDS AND (#2) BELAL MUHAMMAD
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski says activity makes Islam Makhachev pound-for-pound No. 1 over Jon Jones
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards Says Beating Conor McGregor ‘Adds To His Greatness’, Backs ‘Notorious’ To Win Against Michael Chandler