Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Gane vs. Spivac

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,320
  • Post Score: 47

06.05.2023 | 10:02 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.02.2023 at 12:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+ | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Accor Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Paul Felder, John Gooden, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Michael Bisping | Backstage: Heidi Androl
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $4,000,000
  • Attendance: 15,610
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Serghei Spivac   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:44 Round 2 of 5, 8:44 Total Bout Page
Manon Fiorot   defeats   Rose Namajunas   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Benoit Saint-Denis   defeats   Thiago Moisés   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:44 Round 2 of 3, 9:44 Total Bout Page
Volkan Oezdemir   defeats   Bogdan Guskov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:46 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
William Gomis   defeats   Yanis Ghemmouri   via KO/TKO, Body Kick   2:20 Round 3 of 3, 12:20 Total Bout Page
Morgan Charriere   defeats   Manolo Zecchini   via KO/TKO, Body Kicks   3:51 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Taylor Lapilus   defeats   Caolán Loughran   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ange Loosa   defeats   Rhys McKee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nora Cornolle   defeats   Joselyne Edwards   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Farid Basharat   defeats   Kleydson Rodrigues   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jacqueline Cavalcanti   defeats   Zarah Fairn   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 13

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,284  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,623
  • Post Score: -57

08.30.2023 | 7:29 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 891st

My summary of the high level Cage Warriors talent gracing this event...

1. Morgan - maybe wins against a can. Maybe 

2. McKee - Loses

3. Loughran - Loses

We need more CW prospects in the UFC so we can make money.

Licking my lips waiting for Oban Elliots debut

"Positivity is a positive"

LineStepper
LineStepper
  • Predictions:  47  |  80.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 260

08.30.2023 | 7:31 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 4399th

sergey spivak beating cyril gane. LMAO. Good luck with that square
LineStepper
LineStepper
  • Predictions:  47  |  80.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 260

08.30.2023 | 7:35 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 4399th

This higher tier heavyweight bum has been folded by walt harris tom aspinall, got a majority decision over carlos felipe(lol) and lost to pudgy tybura. Good luck with that. Gane is gonna beat him up badly. How could i forget he lost a round to a corpse named aleksei oleinik

* Edited at 08.30.2023, 7:37 AM ET *

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,284  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,623
  • Post Score: -57

08.30.2023 | 7:37 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 891st

Case in point ☝️☝️☝️

"Positivity is a positive"

Reptile
Reptile
  • Predictions:  3,452  |  81.0%
  • Forum Posts:  41
  • Post Score: 154

08.30.2023 | 8:12 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2612th

@ LineStepper  
Right, Gane vs Spivak is an analogy of Aspinall vs Tybura. 
Cannon fodder for the host.
Byakuya Kuchiki
Byakuya Kuchiki
  • Predictions:  1,205  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 159

08.30.2023 | 8:44 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 137th

Fiorot vs. Namajunas
Manon Fiorot, DEC
This is the real main event. Anyone thinking this will be an easy night for Rose might want to not go all in just yet. Don't get me wrong I had Rose winning this bout until I went to watch all of Fiorot's performances and man I am impressed. It's not to say Rose has no chance just there are three aspects that Rose would have to overcome if she wants to win this fight.

1. Can Rose mentally be there on the night
2. Will she be able to mix it up with Fiorot
3. Can she make Fiorot respect her striking

Rose seems to to in crossroads in terms of what she is aiming for in the UFC. It looks as if she has given up on recapturing gold strawweight and looking to motivate herself by capturing gold at Flyweight. Which is good in theory but in order for this theory to work she would have to beat Fiorot and Fiorot is one massive Flyweight. She took on Ricci in her second bout another strawweight that came up in weight and Fiorot had a clear physical advantage over the much smaller strawweight.

Fiorot also has very good takedown defense only being taken down once if I remember correctly by Maia However Rose has very good wrestling and we will need answers from Fiorot in this case as she will be properly tested in terms of her ability to stay on the feet with on for the best wrestlers.

The last point is that Fiorot is a heavy-volume striker with heavy hands. Her fights in the Apex were crazy as all her shots sounded like bricks hitting the wall Combined with her huge output amount of 6.58 strikes per minute and 71.7% significant strikes defense means just like her takedown defense she is very difficult to land on.

Those three factors are all information we don't have as of yet. For now, I will be going with Fiorot but would love to see how Rose looks on weigh-in day. If Fiorot continue to have the physical advantage over Rose I don't think it will be a easy night for the former champ.

* Edited at 08.30.2023, 8:47 AM ET *

"Confident to go in and not necessarily prove people wrong but to prove my support correct"

Griffo420
Griffo420
  • Predictions:  482  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  120
  • Post Score: 162

08.30.2023 | 9:11 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 3025th

Gane vs. Spivac
Serghei Spivac, SUB, R2
Spivac to win and rematch Aspinall

Fiorot vs. Namajunas
Manon Fiorot, DEC
Rose is going to struggle here moving up

Saint-Denis vs. Moisés
Benoit Saint-Denis, DEC
Should be an interesting matchup

Cornolle vs. Edwards
Joselyne Edwards, DEC
Going with UFC experience all day everyday

Basharat vs. Rodrigues
Farid Basharat, DEC
Kleydson aint a bum but Farid is a real prospect

UFC_1
UFC_1
  • Predictions:  1,163  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  372
  • Post Score: 62

08.30.2023 | 10:17 AM ET

Let's go France!

Predictions: 11 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 745 Points   |   Tied for 25th with 1 other

C. Gane
M. Fiorot
B. Saint-Denis

This is a French demonstration for French people on French territory!
Let's go France!
Karambol
Karambol
  • Predictions:  149  |  70.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 118

08.30.2023 | 11:23 AM ET

@UFC_1 

So no white flag this time ?
paulopasta
paulopasta

08.30.2023 | 11:33 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 1530th

Gomis vs. Ghemmouri
William Gomis, DEC
Pretty cut and dry. Gomis should dominate in every facet on his way to a 30-27

Lapilus vs. Loughran
Taylor Lapilus, DEC
Better fight here imo. Not a welcoming debut for Caolan though. Lapilus is a vet who has cooked most opponents since leaving the ufc including guys who are actively on the roster. He’s very good. I’d said my piece on Caolan. He’s got good potential but he’s got a lot of things to work on

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,787
  • Post Score: 273

08.30.2023 | 11:59 AM ET

Spivac is gonna need to get this to the ground fast and follow Jon Jones route to victory, and he can do it. I feel if he can close the distance, he can turn this into a bad night for Gane. Obviously this is a striker vs. grappler, and I think Spivac has been throwing around some big fellas, but Gane has the experience factor in bigger fights.

I'm not gonna just shut Gane out for his loss to Jones, but it was a pretty weak performance and Jon is that good but to not even fight and just get submitted like that? That's Spivac's bread and butter, so I think there will be a lot of pressure on Gane to perform, especially considering he's returning from a bad loss. The thing is Spivac does not really have any hands in the stand up department, and Gane is gonna get grounded, but he can get up and make Spivac pay as he showed against Tai. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Sidomavicius
Sidomavicius
  • Predictions:  1,074  |  70.2%
  • Forum Posts:  336
  • Post Score: 179

08.30.2023 | 12:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 3677th

Gane vs. Spivac
Serghei Spivac, SUB, R2
I just cant look past the huge gap in wrestling ability here. Its mma at the end of the day. Gane looks crisp in the stand up and good on the eye, yes. However he still hasnt faced a relentless wrestler like Spivac, who at 28 is still improving with every fight. On the same hand, Spivac has not faced anyone this athletic since Aspinall. But thats nearly 4 years ago now and improvements have been made. Gane looked like he didn’t t belong in there against Jon. This was only back in march. Before that he was dragged to the ground at will by Francis with a bum leg. And against Tuivasa, there was just no wrestling threat. I just dont see him bridging this wrestling gap in such a short amount of time. Also think Spivac is definitely more of a dog that can dig deep when needed. I think the first round could be a feeling out process. Maybe Gane defends a takedown or two. But as the fight goes on i just see it getting to the ground and i don’t see Gane having the skills to avoid it. But hey, its heavyweight. All it takes is one punch.

"Kindness is a universal language regardless of age, nationality or religion” — Sir Alex Ferguson"

NICKDIAZARMY209
NICKDIAZARMY209
  • Predictions:  4,643  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  934
  • Post Score: 120

08.30.2023 | 12:38 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1336th

I HATE that Rose and Manon are fighting because they are 2 of my favorite women fighters and I don't want to see either of them lose but I can't deny it's a very interesting match up. I think Rose is at a big disadvantage going up in weight. I hope it ends up being a close fight where there really is no loser at the end of it all. **** it the fan in me is saying take Rose for the upset because she has been fighting tougher competition her whole career and can strike with the best of em. THUG ROSE!

"Diaz 1,2 & 5"

Autofellatio
Autofellatio
  • Predictions:  11  |  45.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: -200

08.30.2023 | 12:49 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3895th

Easy win for Spivak. He's been throwing around men twice the size of him. Gane is easy work. Under 2.5 Spivak sub or TKO.

And I also don't like Saint Denis this guy almost died against Brazilian journeyman.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 22 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
NICKDIAZARMY209
NICKDIAZARMY209
  • Predictions:  4,643  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  934
  • Post Score: 120

08.30.2023 | 1:15 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1336th

The eye test tells me to go with Gane but on paper I should take Spivak... Just my gut but something is telling me that Gane looked so poorly his last fight because he lost before he ever even walked in the cage, he saw Jon Jones the GOAT across from him and knew he was going to lose. If he can come in confident and patient I think he can land the big strike on Spivak. If not then Spivak is going to have his way with him and the home crowd is going to be very disappointed.

"Diaz 1,2 & 5"

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE
  • Predictions:  15,826  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,057
  • Post Score: 65

08.30.2023 | 1:22 PM ET

FIOROT v NAMAJUNAS

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 4078th

@NICKDIAZARMY209 
READING YOUR COMMENT GOT ME TO LOOK AH LITTLE CLOSER AT EACH FIGHTER. BESIDES'S THE ADVANTAGE "The Beast" WOULD HAVE IN WEIGHT, HEIGHT AND REACH. "Thug" BRINGS IN THE TOUGHER COMPETION SHE HAS FACED + SHE HAS 5 MORE YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE RING AS A PRO, ALONG WITH HER AGE. SO, I AM GOING WITH THE "Thug" AND THE DECISION. 100%. 

"It doesn't matter what part of the world we are from. We are brothers and sisters together as one." kjh Home of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Copper Kings and Portage Lake Pioneers! Go Teams!

Debrowski
Debrowski
  • Predictions:  1,203  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 200

08.30.2023 | 1:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 2276th

Fiorot vs. Namajunas
Rose Namajunas, DEC
I’m

zionixz
zionixz
  • Predictions:  93  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 191

08.30.2023 | 1:51 PM ET

Prediction Comment

Predictions: 5 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 4172nd

Ciryl Gane
(spivak slow af hes gonna get smeshed, dont be surprised if gane looks like a -300 favourite)
Manon Fiorot
(bigger, faster, stronger, less cringe, and rose seems to be protecting her face to stay youthful via direct orders from Pat Barry)
Benoit St-Denis
(big left liver kick left hand)
Rhys McKee

(Low Confidence, basing off Alex Morono fight cuz Ange Loosa would lose to Morono as well, and I believe he would have lost even worse)
UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE
  • Predictions:  15,826  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,057
  • Post Score: 65

08.30.2023 | 2:08 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 4078th

@flying_frontkick 
I AGREE. THE "Polar Bear" HAS TO TAKE DOWN "Bon Gamin" TO TAKE AWAY HIS REACH ADVANTAGE. ONCE THE "Polar Bear" GETS HIM TO THE MATT. THEN HIS ADVANTAGE TAKES OVER AND BEATS THE PISS OUT OF "Bon Gamin" FOR THE KO N 3. I'M GOING TO GIVE THEM 3. BECAUSE FIRST WE HAVE TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER. 2. THEN WE CAN DANCE AND 3. BANG OUT GO THE LIGHTS ON "Bon Gamin". ALL WITHIN 15 MINUTES. MY CHOICE, MY DECISION. 100%.  

"It doesn't matter what part of the world we are from. We are brothers and sisters together as one." kjh Home of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Copper Kings and Portage Lake Pioneers! Go Teams!

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,424  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,660
  • Post Score: 128

08.30.2023 | 2:27 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 2650th

Come on people put your money where your mouth is and bet BSD. I've been upvoting you all and am counting on you.

* Edited at 08.30.2023, 2:27 PM ET *

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Fight By Fight Preview | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • UFC.com : Fight-By-Fight Preview | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series: Make your predictions for bantamweight title fight in Paris
  • UFC.com : UFC Fight Pass Invitational Rules and Scoring
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Claims ‘The Ship Has Sailed’ on Ian Garry Fight, Calls Out Charles Oliveira and Belal Muhammad
  • MMA Mania : A ‘Smashing’ Debut!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC books 'Korean Super Boy' Doo Ho Choi return vs. Bill Algeo
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo has ‘several offers on the table’ after UFC 301 win but won’t make decision until hearing UFC offer
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference video at 5:30 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis medical suspensions: 2 fighters face indefinite layoffs until cleared
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Aldo, Till, Hooper, Feldman, and Johnson now
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champ Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring The Rock
  • UFC.com : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7
  • MMAFighting.com : Colby Covington says ship sailed on Ian Machado Garry fight, wants Belal Muhammad or Charles Oliveira instead
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 medical suspensions: Nine fighters headed to shelf after St. Louis return
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241: Make your predictions for Edson Barboza vs. Lerone Murphy
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Covington Calls For ‘Legacy’ Fight Against Oliveira
  • UFC.com : Lerone Murphy Primed To Test Himself
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 13, 2024 - May 19, 2024