Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Font

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,216
  • Post Score: 47

05.18.2023 | 4:36 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 08.05.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Bridgestone Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,102,127
  • Attendance: 17,792
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Cory Sandhagen   defeats   Rob Font   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Tatiana Suarez   defeats   Jéssica Andrade   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:31 Round 2 of 3, 6:31 Total Bout Page
Dustin Jacoby   defeats   Kennedy Nzechukwu   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground Strikes   1:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Gavin Tucker   via Submission, Triangle Armbar   1:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tanner Boser   defeats   Aleksa Camur   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ľudovít Klein   defeats   Ignacio Bahamondes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kyler Phillips   defeats   Raoni Barcelos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Carlston Harris   defeats   Jeremiah Wells   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   1:50 Round 3 of 3, 11:50 Total Bout Page
Billy Quarantillo   defeats   Damon Jackson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Cody Durden   defeats   Jake Hadley   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sean Woodson   defeats   Dennis Buzukja   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Asu Almabaev   defeats   Ode Osbourne   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:11 Round 2 of 3, 8:11 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 6

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,071  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,045
  • Post Score: 137

07.30.2023 | 8:56 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 3614th

Still an above average Fight Night Card despite some lame cancellations.
GreenTeaEnthusiast
GreenTeaEnthusiast

07.30.2023 | 11:52 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 2769th

Sandhagen vs. Font
Cory Sandhagen, DEC
Sandhagen will be a step ahead of Font. Rob is much cleaner offensively when in boxing range, but it requires that his opponent falls in a specific line of attack - which Sandhagen does not. Much like Dom Cruz, Cory's style is effective on the foundation of staying off the centerline and countering from unorthodox angles. Given that Font struggles with fundamental muay thai offense, as seen most notably in his Chito scrap, Cory should have a field day provided that he takes to his usual strategy of careful shot selection and placement coupled with patience and a counter-striker approach.

Andrade vs. Suarez
Tatiana Suarez, SUB, R2
Andrade is tough. But outside of that, I don't see too many paths to victory here. Suarez is going to dwarf her, and with a colossal strength advantage, she could honestly throw Andrade around for a whole round before finishing.

Jacoby vs. Nzechukwu
Dustin Jacoby, DEC
Jacoby is underrated as a technical kickboxer. Kennedy has a few too many defensive shortcomings for me to be confident in his chances against a veteran striker like Hanyak; I do think his ceiling is ultimately higher, but as it stands, I think there's a couple of striking lessons to be learned in this fight.

paulopasta
paulopasta

07.30.2023 | 1:03 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1819th

Sandhagen vs. Font
Cory Sandhagen, TKO, R5
This here is a good fight. Not as good as the previous booking but I’ve seen a lot worse lately. I think Sandhagen will be too much in all aspects. If you get sucked into Fonts game which is volume and boxing in the pocket you stand a good chance of losing. However Cory does not play that game, he uses his amazing footwork and angles to frustrate his opponents. He’s not point fighting either, he’s looking to hurt guys with his shots. Beautiful knees, kicks, elbows etc from Sandhagen. I can’t say enough good things about him on the feet which is where this fight is gonna take place. On the ground both guys are solid but I’d give the edge to Cory in that department. His Jiu Jitsu is solid but his wrestling has gotten better. Font is similar in that regard. The way I see this playing out is similar to the Chito fight. Font is gonna take a beating. Probably a 50-44 or late TKO but Font will stay in it and make it entertaining

Andrade vs. Suarez
Tatiana Suarez, SUB, R1
At this stage in Andrade’s career she’s just being used as a way to feed the up and comers. She’s looked super flat in her last 2. And more importantly, as much of a Blanchfield homer as I am she’s not the caliber of wrestler Suarez is. That’s not to mention how poorly she has defended grappling her whole career. When she’s the nail on the mat it always ends badly. I see her getting dominated from the opening bell until the eventual submission

Jacoby vs. Nzechukwu
Kennedy Nzechukwu, DEC
This is a great fight here. Things have not gone Jacobys way as of late. Gets robbed in the Rountree fight to dropping 2 rounds to Murzakonov and failing on takedowns in the 3rd when he had him gassed. Now he’s in a spot where if he doesn’t win he’s 3 in the hole. As far as skills tho he’s a very good kickboxer with solid straight punches and traditional striking techniques. Basic but very effective and shouldn’t be taken lightly. His grappling definitely isn’t amazing but his td defense is surprisingly not bad. It’s gotten better over time as well. However here I think his age will catch up to him and he’s gonna get out worked by Kennedy who’s been consistently improving. Kennedy is a super slow starter, but when he gets things going he’s dangerous everywhere and keeps improving. Jacoby by early KO is definitely a possibility but I don’t see it happening. Kennedy by 29-28 or 30-27

Tucker vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, TKO, R1
Another good under the radar fight. Tucker skill wise is very solid everywhere. Good all around grappling, solid striking and absolutely amazing volume and output. To put it into perspective, he outworked Billy Quarantillo. No one is known for doing that. However he has one major downfall, his durability. He took and absolutely brutal beating against Ricky Glenn and that led to his durability being forever changed. It all caught up against him against a power puncher in Dan Ige. That’s where we look at Lopes. He’s an all out finisher, the man can finish the fight wherever it goes. On the mat he’s outstanding and is one of the only men I’ve seen who can get away with playing guard off his back and be successful. On the feet he’s powerful and fast which is why I’m going KO here. I think he catches Tucker early and never lets him off the hook. Probably a left hook KO

Boser vs. Camur
Aleksa Camur, DEC
Bum fight, no idea why it’s on the main card

Bahamondes vs. Klein
Ignacio Bahamondes, DEC
This is a rebooking from a fight that I thought Ignacio would win pretty easy. My thoughts are still the same. He’s gonna have a massive height and reach edge on top of just being the better overall fighter everywhere. The only knock on Ignacio for me is head movement but other than that this should be a relatively easy decision victory. Maybe a late finish

* Edited at 07.30.2023, 2:18 PM ET *

Theeraser
Theeraser
  • Predictions:  2,251  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,057
  • Post Score: 144

07.30.2023 | 1:47 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 3809th

Bahamondes vs. Klein
Ignacio Bahamondes, TKO, R1
ignacio styles on klein with his pick u apart like striking

Barcelos vs. Phillips
Kyler Phillips, TKO, R1
raoni is past his prime and phillips is a flashy striker expect a highlight reel ko maybe spinning back kick

Wells vs. Harris
Jeremiah Wells, TKO, R1
carlston is underrated as **** but is a bit chinny and wells hits like a tank

Quarantillo vs. Jackson
Damon Jackson, DEC
damon has great cardio and good takedowns i think billy will drop at least 2 rounds and lose a split decision in a boring fight

Osbourne vs. Almabaev
Ode Osbourne, TKO, R2
prospects are very 50:50 this year and Ode has the chance to put this guys lights out with his fast hands

"Too much wine "

Andrew1047
Andrew1047
  • Predictions:  4,275  |  82.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,813
  • Post Score: -82

07.30.2023 | 3:15 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 4 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3146th

Weak card
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 15 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,554  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,341
  • Post Score: 149

07.30.2023 | 6:05 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1342nd

Sandhagen vs. Font
Cory Sandhagen, SUB, R3
This is probably the only pick on the card that I have confidence in. Sandhagen is younger, more well rounded, & had a full camp for this fight that he doesn't have to cut all the way down to 136. I think even that benefits him since he's the bigger guy.

Andrade vs. Suarez
Tatiana Suarez, SUB, R2
Jessica is almost too active of a fighter if that makes sense. This is her 4th time in 6 months fighting. All those training camps wear you out over time & you don't get to spend time in the gym getting better. I think once Suarez gets Andrade down it's over.

Jacoby vs. Nzechukwu
Dustin Jacoby, TKO, R1
I get why Kennedy is the favorite but he struggles against tall/rangy opponents. I can see Jacoby catching him with a straight shot down the middle & ko'ing Kennedy

Tucker vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R3
Could be a trap fight because lopes doesn't have the best takedown defense & could get held down all fight but he looked so good on short notice against evolve it's hard not to pick him. Plus he's bigger, younger, more dangerous

Boser vs. Camur
Tanner Boser, DEC
Both trash. Maybe camur has made big improvements in his 2 years away but I'll go with the guy with more experience in a battle of trash cans. These guys are trash btw

Bahamondes vs. Klein
Ignacio Bahamondes, DEC
Klein just doesn't impress me in his fights. Going with the younger bigger guy who's a better striker in a mostly standup fight. Bahamondes also has 95% takedown defense

Barcelos vs. Phillips
Kyler Phillips, DEC
Raoni just isn't the guy he use to be plus he's taking this fight on short notice. Should be a fun fight at least

Wells vs. Harris
Jeremiah Wells, DEC
I dig the match making. Both considered prospects but are older so you can only really move one of them along. Honestly it's a 50/50 I just think wells can push a little better pace

Quarantillo vs. Jackson
Billy Quarantillo, DEC
Another 50/50 fight both guys just come forward with pressure & neither are very durable. Ultimately I think billy will avoid getting subbed do more damage

Hadley vs. Durden
Jake Hadley, SUB, R2
Durden pushes a good pace but I think Hadley will avoid being taken down or held down & will do more damage. I can see Hadley ripping body shots then subbing a hurt durden

Osbourne vs. Almabaev
Asu Almabaev, TKO, R1
Asu is well rounded but isn't great anywhere. He can get taken down & also can get countered with shots but ultimately Ode has way more holes in his game.

* Edited at 07.30.2023, 10:15 PM ET *

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,562
  • Post Score: 262

07.30.2023 | 7:42 PM ET

andrew

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 867th

I don't know what meth you are smocking, This ain't a bad card for free tv, They're been way worst card this year, fun fights on this card

* Edited at 07.30.2023, 7:43 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,186
  • Post Score: 332

07.30.2023 | 8:07 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1102nd

Knew a guy that smoked Meth. Went to court wearing a ski mask, aluminum foil under his jacket and told a judge i worked for the CIA doing human experiments on him. The 2nd part may be true.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,186
  • Post Score: 332

07.30.2023 | 8:07 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1102nd

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,146  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,572
  • Post Score: 108

07.30.2023 | 9:40 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 867th

This card is full of crazy matchups.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

MrFishweir
MrFishweir
  • Predictions:  886  |  53.3%
  • Forum Posts:  92
  • Post Score: -99

07.30.2023 | 11:28 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 1889th

Sandhagen vs. Font
Rob Font, DEC
fight

Andrade vs. Suarez
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
fight

Jacoby vs. Nzechukwu
Kennedy Nzechukwu, DEC
fight

Tucker vs. Lopes
Gavin Tucker, DEC
fight

Boser vs. Camur
Tanner Boser, DEC
fight

Bahamondes vs. Klein
Ľudovít Klein, DEC
fight

Barcelos vs. Phillips
Kyler Phillips, DEC
fight

Wells vs. Harris
Carlston Harris, DEC
fight

Quarantillo vs. Jackson
Billy Quarantillo, DEC
fight

Hadley vs. Durden
Cody Durden, DEC
cheers

Osbourne vs. Almabaev
Asu Almabaev, DEC
win

"hay maker"

Lisac
Lisac
  • Predictions:  1,567  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  416
  • Post Score: 205

07.31.2023 | 1:43 AM ET

@xconchris

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3488th

You can't just say that and not give us the bigger story in the miscellaneous thread lmao
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 6 days, 8 hours, and 31 minutes from now.
DelinquentMMA
DelinquentMMA
  • Predictions:  2,167  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  278
  • Post Score: 229

07.31.2023 | 7:55 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2743rd

See yall in Nashville, Beers on Broadway. 

"Delinquent MMA"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,340  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

07.31.2023 | 8:11 AM ET

I'm completely dying on the hill of the Diego Lopes camp

I like this kid.  Betting wise, I got him at -125 and I wouldn't take anything chalkier than that because of Tucker being out so long and not knowing much about what he has been dealing with outside of injuries or personal stuff to cause such a layoff.  But I think this kid is solid. His takedown defense did not look great but Evloev is a Master of Sport in Greco Roman Wrestling.  Not a chump.  

As far as a Tapology pick, give me Lopes to find the win here and he has multiple paths to do so.  I have a suspicious feeling he is going to find a way to give Tucker his first submission loss potentially but I wouldn't be shocked if he finds his chin with that reach either.  I think Tucker's submission game will not be anything Lopes can't figure out and the size advantage will be a problem for Tucker here.

I'm torn between an early KO or late sub... ahhh... give me Lopes submission round 2.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

IceOrc
IceOrc
  • Predictions:  3,961  |  73.5%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 106

07.31.2023 | 9:05 AM ET

Gavin Tucker vs. Diego Lopes

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2631st

I would like to bet on Lopes because of the last fight with Evloev, but there is a feeling that this could be a one-time action. In addition, he has not yet won a single serious opponent. The heart says Lopes will win, but the brain says to skip this fight for a bet.

* Edited at 07.31.2023, 9:05 AM ET *

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,340  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

07.31.2023 | 9:47 AM ET

@IceOrc 

If Gavin had been active and smoking fools, I would completely agree.  This is very situational for me, as well.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

joegriz
joegriz
  • Predictions:  3,603  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: 89

07.31.2023 | 9:52 AM ET

Join my Group for August UFC

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4744th

Whos number One!!

"I love mma, its the only sport I follow!"

Aric123
Aric123
  • Predictions:  1,426  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  323
  • Post Score: 251

07.31.2023 | 10:07 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 3774th

Sandhagen vs. Font
Cory Sandhagen, TKO, R3
Better than the og fight imo whole card should be solid

"“Who ain’t got Jiu Jitsuuu” "

RichOsama
RichOsama
  • Predictions:  1,806  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,199
  • Post Score: 47

07.31.2023 | 10:25 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 1021st

Durden having 2 fights booked is crazy to me lol
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,412  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,516
  • Post Score: 128

07.31.2023 | 10:51 AM ET

@RichOsama

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1214th

I hadn't notcied that, *** lol?

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy picks Conor McGregor to beat Michael Chandler: ‘He’s got that refinement in his game’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Problem-Solving’ Cory Sandhagen Reveals One Weakness He Sees In Unbeaten Umar Nurmagomedov