Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Font

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,029
  • Post Score: 47

05.18.2023 | 4:36 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 08.05.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Bridgestone Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,102,127
  • Attendance: 17,792
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Cory Sandhagen   defeats   Rob Font   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Tatiana Suarez   defeats   Jéssica Andrade   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:31 Round 2 of 3, 6:31 Total Bout Page
Dustin Jacoby   defeats   Kennedy Nzechukwu   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground Strikes   1:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Gavin Tucker   via Submission, Triangle Armbar   1:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tanner Boser   defeats   Aleksa Camur   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ľudovít Klein   defeats   Ignacio Bahamondes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kyler Phillips   defeats   Raoni Barcelos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Carlston Harris   defeats   Jeremiah Wells   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   1:50 Round 3 of 3, 11:50 Total Bout Page
Billy Quarantillo   defeats   Damon Jackson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Cody Durden   defeats   Jake Hadley   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sean Woodson   defeats   Dennis Buzukja   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Asu Almabaev   defeats   Ode Osbourne   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:11 Round 2 of 3, 8:11 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 58

Kingkizzle420
Kingkizzle420
  • Predictions:  667  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: -33

08.06.2023 | 4:18 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 715th

@Joshjeffords 
i didnt think it was boring. Cory showed great skills with timing take downs defending submissions and controlling font to the point where he couldn’t get back to his feet. The fight was a high level chess match. Everyone loves to see a war but when your at the highest level and there’s alot at stake, you do what u need to win. Most people dont understand what’s going on when high level fighters hit the ground. If people understood the tactics cory was implementing to keep font down then people wouldnt be booing. For cory to put himself in danger and at risk with his ranking on the line would have been stupid. Yes boring fights dont always get u a title fight but also losing a fight because u didn’t implement the game plan because the crowd was booing doesnt get u a title fight either and it drops u down the rankings where it will take even longer to get back up. Cory fought a smart great fight and that’s something i respect. Especially because font looked good on the feet at first and u can tell the shots he was landing on cory were stinging him. Cory made the proper adjustments and made sure he got the win. Thats all that matters.

"“I beat you after a weekend of cocaine” - Jon jones"

brandonk
brandonk
  • Predictions:  3,846  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 93

08.06.2023 | 8:24 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 234th

Sorry but beating this version of Andrade isn't a test at all, in fact Tatiana looks like half the fighter she was before her layoff..
theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,314  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

08.06.2023 | 9:20 AM ET

@brandonk 

Considering she had an OF that she recently took down and she has been taking all sorts of different fights that just don't make sense and on short notice, I have a feeling she maybe in sorts for money.  Just a greasy theory.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

08.06.2023 | 10:50 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 595 Points   |   324th Place

For a guy who has given us some awesome fights and KO's, ya'll be ****ting on Sandhagen like he did this his entire career. He is evolving, the submission loss to Aljo really bothered him, he said he thought he sucked and should quit MMA. 

It may have been ugly, I'm going from what people are saying but it sounds like he shut Font out and that's what you want, total domination for 5 rounds to set yourself up for these big fights. It's not the funnest to watch, but this man has a goal and that is the title. 

Also let's not blame Font at alls(hah), sounds like he just wilted under the pressure and if you don't have a game opponent a lot of people will blame it on the winner, not hold the loser for not showing up that night. 

* Edited at 08.06.2023, 11:02 AM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,046  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,823
  • Post Score: 174

08.06.2023 | 11:09 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1226th

Fight card should’ve stopped with the beast Tatiana Suarez in main event 

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,391  |  71.4%
  • Forum Posts:  792
  • Post Score: 97

08.06.2023 | 12:57 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 850th

Yan,  really happy for Suarez, looking fw her next fight, maybe Lemos vs Zhang loser or Yan, Esparza2?
I think she can khabib the belt 

* Edited at 08.06.2023, 1:19 PM ET *

IceOrc
IceOrc
  • Predictions:  3,901  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 108

08.06.2023 | 1:43 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2631st

It seems that nothing surprised me in this card, but the feeling is as if I ate ****
Kingkizzle420
Kingkizzle420

08.06.2023 | 2:44 PM ET

@brandonk 
this is true. Andrade looked very hesitant out there. Wasnt willing to engage at first because she was to worried about the take down and the submission. She should have been more aggressive and kept suarez on the back foot and make her shoot sloppy shots. Andrade was a thing of the past she hasnt shown to evolve her game. And whenever she faces good grapplers shes like a fish out of water on the ground. Suarez didnt look impressive at all either put her against someone who can stop the takedowns will definitely expose her for not being as good as people thing. She looked alot better before the lay off imo and the people shes came back and beat stylistically benefited her match up wise.

Kingkizzle420
Kingkizzle420

08.06.2023 | 2:47 PM ET

@Vandal 
i would have to disagree. Put her in there against someone whos not afraid of the take down whos actually has a good ground and stand up game and i think she’ll end up getting exposed. Her striking looked mediocre and her wrestling looked good because andrade was so afraid to go to the ground with her. I dont think shes on the level people think she is before the lay off she looked alot better but now i dont see her being as good as she once was. Her past 2 fights were good stylistic match ups for her. I wanna see her win in a bad match up to get me on the hype train.

FcBayern
FcBayern
  • Predictions:  1,792  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  117
  • Post Score: 9

08.07.2023 | 12:54 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 1619th

You guys are right about Tatiana but she is a super star in the wmma,she is undefeated and she is able to produce mega fight and sell a lot of ppvs so the only name that make sense for her next fight at strawweight is the winner of Zhang vs Lemos which 99% will be Zhang.I don't think the ufc is gonna miss the chance to make some money from that fight and most likely that would be a hell of a fight like most of Zhang fights and could be followed by rematch and even trilogy
Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,391  |  71.4%
  • Forum Posts:  792
  • Post Score: 97

08.08.2023 | 5:17 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 850th

Kingkizzle420 we will see in near future
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,546
  • Post Score: 262

08.09.2023 | 12:43 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 867th

They're so many annoying people calling people casual because they think Sandhagen lay and prey is boring to watch, Also they're have the audacity to compare that to Khabib who used to smash people with grappling, I think if you find lay and prey fun to watch, Your either lying, like to watch paint dry or not know grappling at all,  Good grappling is more then just postion

Cory got an easy win, And as a prominent striker, It good to round out you game, And they're job is to win the fight, I don't blame the fighter for trying to win, But also don't blame the fan not wanting to watch you because your boring

* Edited at 08.09.2023, 12:44 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

brandonk
brandonk
  • Predictions:  3,846  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 93

08.15.2023 | 7:04 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 234th

@theproishiphop 
What could she possibly be making in the UFC to make it more lucrative than not taking punches? She's a great fighter but needs to get a bit more polished. 
theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,314  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

08.16.2023 | 9:55 AM ET

@brandonk 
I just think she is taking too many short notice fights against unfavorable opponents.  She seems a bit lost right now.  For as young as she is, she has been in a lot of scraps.  I hope she can get it back!

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

Page 58

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry appreciates he’s the A-side now in all his fights, but still wants biggest names possible
  • MMA Mania : KnuckleMania 4 Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva vs. Ariane da Silva prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann vs. Bogdan Guskov prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Is This The Most Violent KO In WMMA History?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 predictions
  • MMA Mania : Nicolau Vs. Perez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • Bad Left Hook : McGrail vs Leach: Live discussion, 2 pm ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 play-by-play and live results (4 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results, Streaming Play-By-Play Updates TONIGHT
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez vs Barthelemy: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : BKFC KnuckleMania 4, live stream, play-by-play and results
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Results, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 live results
  • Jits Magazine : Liisi Vaht Makes Flawless Debut In ONE Friday Fights 60 Results
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300