Topic: UFC 290

UFC 290: Volkanovski vs. Rodriguez

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,152
  • Post Score: 47

03.02.2023 | 4:13 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 290
  • Saturday 07.08.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ABC
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alexander Volkanovski   defeats   Yair Rodriguez   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   4:19 Round 3 of 5, 14:19 Total Bout Page
Alexandre Pantoja   defeats   Brandon Moreno   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Dricus Du Plessis   defeats   Robert Whittaker   via KO/TKO, Power Jab to Punches   2:23 Round 2 of 3, 7:23 Total Bout Page
Dan Hooker   defeats   Jalin Turner   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bo Nickal   defeats   Val Woodburn   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Robbie Lawler   defeats   Niko Price   via KO/TKO, Hooks   0:39 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tatsuro Taira   defeats   Edgar Cháirez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Denise Gomes   defeats   Yazmin Jauregui   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Jimmy Crute   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:55 Round 2 of 3, 6:55 Total Bout Page
Vitor Petrino   defeats   Marcin Prachnio   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:42 Round 3 of 3, 13:42 Total Bout Page
Cameron Saaiman   defeats   Terrence Mitchell   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:10 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jesus Aguilar   defeats   Shannon Ross   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   0:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Esteban Ribovics   defeats   Kamuela Kirk   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 47

Shagster22
Shagster22
  • Predictions:  299  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 167

07.08.2023 | 3:41 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2615th

Been a little while since I put in picks for a UFC card, anxious to see how it goes. Lots of close fights on this one. 

* Edited at 07.08.2023, 3:42 PM ET *

GonTanTu
GonTanTu
  • Predictions:  1,158  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 71

07.08.2023 | 3:44 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2079th

Ross vs. Aguilar
Jesus Aguilar, TKO, R1
Shannon ross isn't ufc caliber and I see Jesus putting quick pressure on shannon ross and taking him to the ground for a TKO

Kirk vs. Ribovics
Kamuela Kirk, TKO, R1
Didn't watch anything about either of these guys somethings just tells me ribovics is a bum and kirk is gonna beat him

"0-4 in white belt BJJ tournaments"

RickySteve
RickySteve

07.08.2023 | 3:54 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 4955th

closest fight is 58% and 10 of them are 70%+
MortalHabit
MortalHabit
  • Predictions:  87  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 95

07.08.2023 | 3:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3005th

Cháirez vs. Taira
Edgar Cháirez, DEC
Chairez is a dawg and will big brother TAIRA to a decision.. * trigger warning*

Danas Burner
Danas Burner
  • Predictions:  4,412  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,814
  • Post Score: 137

07.08.2023 | 4:05 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 1276th

This has the potential to be a great card for betting, hopefully I can turn my luck around after the past 2 cards.
Definitely have way too much invested in Turner after seeing him miss weight but I still don’t really trust Dan to be able to take Jalin’s shots for 3 rounds especially with Jalin’s massive frame at 155. 

"Ohhhh he’s hurt!!!"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,845  |  73.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,198
  • Post Score: 192

07.08.2023 | 4:09 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 635 Points   |   Tied for 88th

Volkanovski vs. Rodriguez
Alexander Volkanovski, DEC
I really didn't have a good esteem for Yair's UFC Career, more than anything because of his inactivity periods and for clearly dodging Zabit on multiple occasions, but prior to International Fight Week I decided to watch all his fights in the UFC and the truth is you can see the progression of a heavy kicking plan game fighter to a much more complete fighter who, although kicking continues to be his strongest point, shows his improvement in boxing, cardio and defensive ground game in a notable way, added to trying predictable techniques. Volk is a really well rounded fighter and throughout his UFC Tenderness has shown the strength of his wrestling and after the second fight against Holloway his Striking grew so exponentially (demonstrated in his fights against Brian Ortega, TKZ and Holloway III) who is easily in the Top 5 of the best strikers in the UFC. I understand that many people consider that Yair has a lot of chances to give the upset because he is capable of surprising techniques like jumping head kicks, spinning elbows or rolling thunder kicks, but I think those are techniques that you cannot spam for a long time, literally. You only have a limited number of times to try to land those devastating shots which have a high degree of effectiveness, but little margin of accuracy. I also think that trying those kinds of shots can open up the necessary spaces for Volk to take the fight to the ground. I envision Volk looking for the trades in the first 2 rounds and then going on to implement more grappling in the second half of the fight. Yair has a chance, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Volkanovski win by TKO/KO either: his striker is very powerful and the reason he didn't TKO Holloway was because Max is statistically the most durable fighter in history. from UFC, against Ortega Volk literally stopped him 2 times but Ortega's corner and Herb Dean allowed Ortega to keep fighting (Ortega is also a very durable fighter) and against Islam he got a last round Knockdown despite not getting the TKO.

Moreno vs. Pantoja III
Alexandre Pantoja, SUB, R2
I watched the first 2 fights, and while clearly Moreno's evolution has been enormous since being released from the UFC in his first tenderness, Pantoja's key to winning those fights was taking the fight to the ground getting the rear-naked choke after the sprawl Brandon's so telegraphed allowed Alexandre to take the back in a moment of explosiveness, in the second fight Pantoja's dominance in top position was very forceful. Moreno evolved enormously in his striking and in his BJJ, but Pantoja has also continued to grow as a fighter coming off 2 victories by sub in a row, highlighting above all the fact that he was able to neutralize on the ground and submit a fighter who works a lot of scrambles and sub attempts from bottom position as Brandon Royval. Like many, I think that cardio can be a factor that favors Brandon Moreno in the championship rounds, but I think that Pantoja can get the submission at the start of the fight if he starts with a grappling heavy gameplan since that was the key to winning. to Moreno in the past.

Whittaker vs. Du Plessis
Dricus Du Plessis, TKO, R1
Whittaker is obviously the favorite in this matchup, but I think DDP doesn't have as limited opportunities as the odds suggest. Dricus, after solving the sinusitis issue with the operation, will surely have better cardio than in his last 2 fights and I think that if he manages to connect heavy hands, he may not get the biggest upset in terms of bets this year, but the second biggest upset of the year in terms of importance only above Alexa Grasso's win over Valentina. Whittaker is the most complete fighter in this division but Cannonier wooble him in the last 30 seconds in the same round that Robert came close to getting the finish and the bizarre knockdown that Till got early on Whittaker makes me understand that DDP has great chances to get the KO at the start of the fight. On the contrary, I think that Whittaker, rather than going for Outclass DuPlessis, should try to get a finish: The ''Title Elimination'' seems to me something that only applies to DDP or Whittaker if Robert gets a finish, otherwise the UFC will leave him out and will give the title shot to Strickland for defeating opponents outside the Top 10 for the show that will be the press conference.

Hooker vs. Turner
Dan Hooker, TKO, R2
Hangman isn't in his best streak after losing against Poirier and added to the Felder fight having those 2 wars back to back, but I think losing to Islam (current champion) and Arnold Allen (taking into account the strong weight cut that Dan did) are not a bad look or an indication that Hooker is done. Turner is a fighter with a great height and reach for the weight class and showing improvement since his first fights in the UFC, but he doesn't seem as good to me as he is usually projected: he's best win are hit or miss Mullarkey and Uros Medic who did not look just as technical as his last fight (Medic for most of his career has been too focused on finishing the fight in the first minute) although the fight against Gamrot on short notice was a close fight. I think that in this fight Turner will not have that advantage from other fights, since The Hangman has a similar reach and it is Dan's opportunity to get back into the 155-pound picture.

Nickal vs. Woodburn
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
I truly see Bo Nickal as the Great Hope of Folkstyle/College System American Wrestling considering that there hasn't been a dominant wrestler with the pedigree of Lesnar, Kerr or Cormier in MMA and NCAA prodigies like Ed Ruth in a long time. , Joey Davis (Division II, but with an impressive 130-0 record) and Gregor Gillespie (who made it to the UFC's Top 15 lightweights) were flops and other impressive folkstyle wrestlers like Gable Stevenson or Jordan Burroughs never made the step to MMA. The Wrestler Prodigy Hype raises passions and many people want to see Bo as champion and others want to see him fail in the UFC. There was controversy with his debut, due to the possible low blow and many even asked that the fight should have ended in NC, personally I thought it was a lackluster performance where Nickal focused a lot on squezing and getting the first round sub when he was perfectly able to work with ground and pound and transitions getting the submission in the first round in an even more dominant way, anyway Bo crush the can and now he's fighting a fighter with similar or greater experience level to him who is taking the fight on short notice. Val Woodburn has nothing to lose and getting the contract outright when he was already booked for DWCS is a victory in itself. I think Bo would take the fight to the ground and get the submission in the first round, but I would like Val to have a chance to test Nickal's Striking Defense.

Lawler vs. Price
Robbie Lawler, TKO, R3
More than a prediction, it's a wish as a fan. But based on facts: Lawler has not had cardio problems in his last fights and despite the fact that at times he was inactive against Nick Diaz he always showed good combination management in that fight and was winning before being caught by Barberena flurry shots. Niko Price has shown cardio issues in his last few fights, even losing via TKO a fight he could be winning on the scorecard against Rowe. I think if Lawler still has the eye of the tiger and they get to the third round, Ruthless can retire on top with a TKO win.

Cháirez vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R1
Taira standing game gonna be tested when he faces a fighter with good wrestling/grappling bases, but he is facing a fighter who has already been outgrappled and submitted multiple times and personally I don't think Chairez has a level for the UFC, I wouldn't be surprised a quick takedown and a submission in less than a minute by the Japanese prospect

Saaiman vs. Mitchell
Cameron Saaiman, TKO, R1
Saaiman is showing improvements in each of his fights and now he is going to face perhaps the least difficult opponent since his DWCS fight: Saaiman has excellent striking, good grappling and solid cardio should have no problem dismantling Mitchell who is a 1 round sub or burst . I think that this fight is more than anything the opportunity for Cameron to add another victory in the UFC and show that he is not a dirty fighter as many accuse him for the points deductions in his first 2 fights in the UFC.

Ross vs. Aguilar
Jesus Aguilar, SUB, R1
It is my understanding that the UFC gave Ross the opportunity to make the roster despite being knocked out in DWCS because he stayed on the schedule despite serious health issues. But I consider that Ross does not have a UFC level and comes from being demolished in less than a minute by Kleydson Rodrigues 4 months ago. Aguilar doesn't seem like a high-level fighter to me, but he has a wrestling background and hasn't been knocked out in the past, I think the Mexican will take Ross to the ground, work for most of the round from top position and get the submission before finish the first round.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

ChasePorter17
ChasePorter17
  • Predictions:  1,165  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: -29

07.08.2023 | 4:09 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 302nd

**** this pick

Moreno vs. Pantoja III
Alexandre Pantoja, SUB, R2
Beat him twice already. Pantoja has gotten better with every fight. Pantoja takes the back so aggressively and moreno gives up his back so easily in scrambles.

Whittaker vs. Du Plessis
Robert Whittaker, DEC
Whittaker has no finishing instinct. Dricus gets hurt and stays in the fight causing his opps to wear themselves out. Whittaker is the all-around better fighter. Best Middleweight on the planet.

Hooker vs. Turner
Jalin Turner, TKO, R2
Hooker has no head movement. Hooker's chin recovery has fallen off. Hooker broke his hand.

Nickal vs. Woodburn
Bo Nickal, TKO, R1
Never say no Bo!

Lawler vs. Price
Niko Price, DEC
Lawler loses too many scraps and fades so quickly

Cháirez vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R3
Taira is very patient on the ground and waits for his opp to make a mistake. He doesn't force one.

Jauregui vs. Gomes
Yazmin Jauregui, DEC
Yazmin is talented.

Crute vs. Menifield II
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R2
Crute striking is too **** to pick him. Last fight was at home which might have affected his gameplan.

Petrino vs. Prachnio
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R2
Pick 'em fight

Saaiman vs. Mitchell
Cameron Saaiman, TKO, R1
Scared the longer this fight goes. Size advantage to take the back. Grappling advantage as of right now to Mitch. Saaiman by KO.

Ross vs. Aguilar
Jesus Aguilar, SUB, R1
Jesus has a weird # of guillotine chokes. Shannon gets hurt a lot and might shoot a bad TD into a guillotine.

Kirk vs. Ribovics
Esteban Ribovics, TKO, R1
Supposed to fight Kirk in debut ended up with Loik and stuffed a bunch of TD attempts that he wasn't prepping for. Also landed a nasty counter hook that dropped Loik.

Mav58
Mav58
  • Predictions:  651  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,488
  • Post Score: 92

07.08.2023 | 4:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 4097th

Hooker vs. Turner
Jalin Turner, TKO, R2
Hooker only loses to good guys at this point, and Jalin is definitely good.

Lawler vs. Price
Niko Price, TKO, R1
I really hope I'm wrong.

Crute vs. Menifield II
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R3
I'm not confident in this one because crute can probalby outwrestle him, but my gut says Menifield was on his way to finishing the job last time.

PickingMyNose
PickingMyNose
  • Predictions:  954  |  55.5%
  • Forum Posts:  117
  • Post Score: 28

07.08.2023 | 4:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1642nd

Alexander Volkanovski, TKO, R4
Last second picks, going with my gut so probably wrong. (or right, this is gonna be on every post lol)

Moreno vs. Pantoja III
Brandon Moreno, SUB, R3
Last second picks, going with my gut so probably wrong. (or right, this is gonna be on every post lol)

Whittaker vs. Du Plessis
Dricus Du Plessis, TKO, R2

Nickal vs. Woodburn
Bo Nickal, SUB, R2

"Why they allow makeup in beauty contest but not steroids in contest of strength?"

PickingMyNose
PickingMyNose

07.08.2023 | 4:42 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Lawler vs. Price
Niko Price, DEC

Cháirez vs. Taira
Edgar Cháirez, DEC

Jauregui vs. Gomes
Yazmin Jauregui

Crute vs. Menifield II
Jimmy Crute, DEC

Petrino vs. Prachnio
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R1

Saaiman vs. Mitchell
Cameron Saaiman, TKO, R3
NUTSHOT NUTSHOT Last second picks, going with my gut so probably wrong. (or right, this is gonna be on every post lol)

Ross vs. Aguilar
Jesus Aguilar, SUB, R2

Kirk vs. Ribovics
Esteban Ribovics, TKO, R2

"Why they allow makeup in beauty contest but not steroids in contest of strength?"

GonTanTu
GonTanTu
  • Predictions:  1,158  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 71

07.08.2023 | 4:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2079th

Yair will come out fast early giving Volk many different techniques to watch out for but once Volk finds his groove in the 2nd or 3rd this should be easy domination for Volk.

Moreno vs. Pantoja III
Brandon Moreno, DEC
Moreno is my favorite fighter of all time and this will an extremely tough test for him. Pantoja has always been someone I thought would become champion one day but with how Moreno has looked as of recent I don't think this is the time for Pantoja.

Whittaker vs. Du Plessis
Robert Whittaker, TKO, R3
Rob is too precise and DDP just swings wildly. Rob will dance around him peppering him with shots until DDP tires out and Rob finds his chin.

Hooker vs. Turner
Jalin Turner, DEC
Jalin missing weight definitely makes me nervous with this pick but I think he takes the first two rounds and coasts the third.

Nickal vs. Woodburn
Bo Nickal, TKO, R1
Val throws an overhand and Nickal takes him down and TKOs him. Wouldn't be surprised with a sub minute finish.

Lawler vs. Price
Niko Price, DEC
Great retirement fight for Robbie and I think it is very possible he can find a way to catch Niko but Niko probably gets this win. Expecting a great FOTN war between these two.

Cháirez vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R1
Edgar does not belong in there with Taira.

Jauregui vs. Gomes
Yazmin Jauregui, DEC
Denise is very good and I would not be surprised if she catches Yazmin but I think Yazmin should win and keep it exciting.

Crute vs. Menifield II
Alonzo Menifield, DEC
Similar to the last fight I think this will just turn into a grappling match but this time with Alonzo getting the win.

Petrino vs. Prachnio
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R1
I don't think Prachnio is the worst but I feel that this is a bad matchup for him and Vitor will catch him early.

Saaiman vs. Mitchell
Cameron Saaiman, TKO, R2
Mitchell is going to be explosive and shoot takedowns early. Saaiman should be able to defend these and tire out mitchell to get an easy finish in round 2.

"0-4 in white belt BJJ tournaments"

PickingMyNose
PickingMyNose

07.08.2023 | 4:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Hooker vs. Turner
Dan Hooker, SUB, R3
Jailin missed weight, I think he's gonna gas at get hurt then subbed in R3.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,558
  • Post Score: 262

07.08.2023 | 4:59 PM ET

Hard card to pick underdogs, Picking like a *****

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 674th

"Quack quack quack"

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,633  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,566
  • Post Score: 60

07.08.2023 | 5:15 PM ET

Xerophthalmic New Predictions

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3612th

Crute vs. Menifield II
I crave Jimmy Crute at -135. He has a sincere back mount. Crute isn't about to weaken the bandit. Держи хвост пистолетом!

Saaiman vs. Mitchell
I feel disposed to Cameron Saaiman at -550. He has an odd hiza guruma and a kooky hiza guruma. Saaiman is about to limit the dissentient.

Nickal vs. Woodburn
I elect Bo Nickal at -2800. He has a radical diet. Nickal is about to deny the bandit. Hammertime!

Cháirez vs. Taira
I tap Tatsuro Taira at -1000. He has a delusional fallaway moonsault slam. Taira shall unsettle the achievement.

I want Alexander Volkanovski at -375. He has a yellow-bellied hammerfist. Volkanovski is about to coach the humiliating defeat.

Moreno vs. Pantoja III
I feel disposed to Brandon Moreno at -210. He has a delicious armbar. Moreno will caress the cycle. Done!

Whittaker vs. Du Plessis
I go for Robert Whittaker at -400. He has an excellent gogoplata. Whittaker will vaporize the underdog.

Lawler vs. Price
I select Niko Price at -235. He has a quirky jab. Price will likely toss the underdog.

Hooker vs. Turner
I finger Jalin Turner at -280. He has an intelligent crucifix. Turner won't locate the feat.

Ross vs. Aguilar
I am taking Jesus Aguilar at -140. He has a gauche inverted facelock. Aguilar must gargle the corner man.

Jauregui vs. Gomes
I prefer Yazmin Jauregui at -375. She has a zen high kick. Jauregui might climb the adversary.

Kirk vs. Ribovics
I want Esteban Ribovics at -150. He has a glamorous hiza guruma. Ribovics can unseat the bandit.

Petrino vs. Prachnio
I am sticking with Vitor Petrino at -245. He has a killer kneebar. Petrino might toss the opposition.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Evan23
Evan23
  • Predictions:  2,461  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 88

07.08.2023 | 5:15 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 345 Points   |   Tied for 4477th

Yair Rodriguez, TKO, R2
I think Yair catches him with his signature kicks. But more then likely it'll end up being another Volk masterclass. Praying for Yair though.

Moreno vs. Pantoja III
Brandon Moreno, SUB, R3
I think Pantoja starts off hot and surprises Moreno and wins round 1. However Moreno will get the momentum back and expose Pantoja's gas tank. By round 3 I think Moreno will start winning the grappling exchanges, and he'll find a sneaky RNC.

Whittaker vs. Du Plessis
Robert Whittaker, DEC
Whittaker should piece DdP up with ease. As long as he doesn't get caught, this'll be all Whittaker.

Hooker vs. Turner
Jalin Turner, SUB, R1
Turner should put on a clinic here. Hooker hasn't looked himself since DP. I think Turner puts it on him, drops him, and subs him.

Nickal vs. Woodburn
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
I think Woodburn is solid and UFC level, however I don't like this matchup for him. I think Bo's size will be a huge factor. If Bo gets him down it's a wrap, and I think Woodburn goes for the kill early and gets taken down quickly.

Lawler vs. Price
Niko Price, DEC
I hope we just get a banger here and Robbie doesn't get finished. Niko should cruise in this fight though.

Cháirez vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R2
Taira is a hot prospect, but Chairez is no slouch. I think Chairez can hang with Taira for a bit, but Taira will catch him in a crafty sub for the win.

Jauregui vs. Gomes
Yazmin Jauregui, TKO, R2
Yazmin is so good, I think she tees off on Gomes until the volume breaks her and she gets a finish.

Crute vs. Menifield II
Jimmy Crute, DEC
I think Crute will have tightened up his defense, and he'll just dominate the wrestling exchanges in this one to win a dominant decision.

Petrino vs. Prachnio
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R1
Prachnio is extremely fluky and Petrino isn't proven. However I still think Petrino gets it done, I think his he finds the chin early.

Saaiman vs. Mitchell
Cameron Saaiman, TKO, R3
Saaiman starts off pretty slow and he builds into the fight, where Terrence starts super fast and tries to finish you. I think Mitchell starts off strong in the first and looks very impressive, before Saaiman starts to pick things up and find his range in round 2. Then when we hit the 3rd, Saaiman should finish him.

Ross vs. Aguilar
Jesus Aguilar, SUB, R1
I think Aguilar jumps guillotine and finds it, plain and simple. I also think Jesus will land surprisingly well on the feet.

Kirk vs. Ribovics
Esteban Ribovics, TKO, R2
Kirk just isn't very great, and although Ribovics lost his debut, he's still a fun and exciting prospect to watch. I think he finds a finish in this one.

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,439
  • Post Score: 129

07.08.2023 | 5:22 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 3852nd

Scary card, several betting against most likely winner spots for me. 
Also this energy drink I'm quaffing means I'll be awake for another 24 hours on top of the 13 I have accumulated this awake cycle since I'll have morning sun with a forecast of hitting 29C/84F tomorrow so there wont be any daytime sleeping when the card finishes.

I better find some livebet spots or I will be pissed.

* Edited at 07.08.2023, 5:23 PM ET *

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

gliese58i
gliese58i

07.08.2023 | 5:33 PM ET

Someone mentioned this will be a slow-paced card. They're not kidding. A full 30 minutes scheduled per fight until main card starts and most people think there will be a lot of stoppages. Get ready for an unending stream of ads. Best to plan a downtime activity to not waste too many brain cells tonight.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

07.08.2023 | 5:35 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 1361st

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,051  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,152
  • Post Score: 88

07.08.2023 | 5:46 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3005th

As long as they aren’t all first round finishes then it won’t be that bad 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

gliese58i
gliese58i

07.08.2023 | 5:50 PM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise 

The earlier in a fight the greater the probability of a stoppage statistically.

Page 47

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.