Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Vera

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,046
  • Post Score: 47

01.19.2022 | 7:43 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 04.30.2022 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN 2
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • TV Ratings: 830,000 avg. viewers (274k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Marlon Vera   defeats   Rob Font   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Andrei Arlovski   defeats   Jake Collier   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joanderson Brito   defeats   Andre Fili   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:41 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Grant Dawson   defeats   Jared Gordon   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:11 Round 3 of 3, 14:11 Total Bout Page
Darren Elkins   defeats   Tristan Connelly   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Krzysztof Jotko   defeats   Gerald Meerschaert   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexandr Romanov   defeats   Chase Sherman   via Submission, Americana   2:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Francisco Figueiredo   defeats   Daniel Lacerda   via Submission, Kneebar   1:18 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gabe Green   defeats   Yohan Lainesse   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:02 Round 2 of 3, 9:02 Total Bout Page
Natan Levy   defeats   Mike Breeden   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Shanna Young   defeats   Gina Mazany   via KO/TKO, Punches and Elbows From Back Mount   3:11 Round 2 of 3, 8:11 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 20

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,657  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

04.29.2022 | 7:16 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2330th

I think my favorite dog of the card is Connelly. Elkins potentially way past prime and absorbed way too much damage at this point. Getting wrestle ****** by Sabatini aged pretty well for Connelley, Sabs been murking people. Having ...some moments against him. And then beating Pereira at WW, I know the whole dancing ******** tired Pereira out, but you still can't totally discredit that win because of that Plus listening to interviews, Elkins starting to kinda sound checked out while Connelly seems like he is fully aware of his opponent and how he has to fight to beat him. 
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,416
  • Post Score: 129

04.29.2022 | 7:23 PM ET

@DCpredictions

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2638th

Yep feels like a coinflip to me, maybe Elkins at 55%. I got Connelly at +155.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,686  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

04.29.2022 | 7:41 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1255th

Trying to bet on Font here but he's not making it easy. He didn't do anything in the staredown. Just looked like a guy waiting in line at a bar. Hands in his pockets, shrugged shoulders, just kinda looking around at nothing. Looked like a dude about to pass out just telling himself over and over "dont pass out, dont pass out".
Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

04.29.2022 | 7:43 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 2723rd

I actually heavily favor Connelly, he has a spectacular gas tank. I'd favor his cardio over Elkins, and he has awesome grappling chops. Anyone with grappling credentials gives it to Elkins anymore, Minner dunked on Elkin in that first round, and well Minner did what he does and gassed in the second. But look at Sabatini vs Connelly, Sabitini dominated Connelly for two rounds from the top, but dropped the third because he just couldn't keep up with Connelly's pace.

So even getting pushed hard from the worst spots for 10 minutes, Connelly had the tank to takedown Sabatini and win the third. That eliminates Elkin's biggest threat right off the bat. Now Connelly is a huge sub threat as well. He has good sweeps and bottom game, I just don't see Elkins having enough fight winning momentum to take 2/3 rounds.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

04.29.2022 | 7:49 PM ET

Since bovada is limiting to only 6 legs with a prop included, my progressive parlay is...

Fili + Levy anchor, add Mazany, add Tiara by Sub/Dec, add Green/Lainesse Dngtd, add Connelly. 
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,686  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

04.29.2022 | 7:58 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1255th

I've got Fili, Dawson, Arlovski-Collier goes the distance, and the Grizzlies tonight.
hlgh
hlgh
  • Predictions:  1,777  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  175
  • Post Score: 201

04.29.2022 | 8:06 PM ET

@DCPredictions

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 3129th

I might tail that PRP, it looks good to me and I agree with all of it!

Lets make sure we hedge with Brito +1000 by KO/SUB and I think we're good.

"Youtube capper splits sheets avaliable in Twitter bio."

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

04.29.2022 | 8:22 PM ET

Yup, I think fili leg is latest in night, so even though I'll be damned if brito wins, I'll hedge with him if I have a good profit already riding in fili
AndresMontana
AndresMontana
  • Predictions:  2,846  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,209
  • Post Score: -6

04.29.2022 | 9:07 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 463rd

Collier vs. Arlovski
Andrei Arlovski, DEC
Collier is goin to gassed out against a veteran who used to crash all this ''heavyweights'', is goin to be a 1st round very competitive but Arlovski got this in the second and the third, better footwork and better accuracyy

Meerschaert vs. Jotko
Krzysztof Jotko, DEC
Similar fight like Cirkunov vs Jotko, Jotko keeping to the distance the fight, just kicking, jabbing moving outside and defending the takedowns, very confident pick here

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 4 weeks, 10 hours, and 33 minutes from now.
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,907  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,119
  • Post Score: 300

04.29.2022 | 9:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2371st

Font vs. Vera
Marlon Vera, SUB, R5
The shiny cherry on top of a giant steaming pile of TRASH!!!! Definitely a boxing on the big screen, MMA on the tablet night! Anyway, let's FOOKIN go Chito!!!!

Collier vs. Arlovski
Jake Collier, DEC
The win streak MUST end!!!!

Gordon vs. Dawson
Jared Gordon, DEC
Why does he look like a Thumb????

da Silva vs. Figueiredo
Daniel da Silva, SUB, R1
Lol! Do half of you think this is Deivison??? Big Figgy ****** sucks!!!!

Breeden vs. Levy
Mike Breeden, DEC
Karate, lol!

Mazany vs. Young
Shanna Young, DEC
What does my Ozzy mate think about this 1, what a steaming pile of ****e!!! Definitely think that people have WAY TOO MUCH faith in Gina Mazany, who is coming off a TKO loss to Catch a Beating!!!! Like how does that make you a 2 to 1 favourite??? Wowzers! .

Taira vs. Candelario
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R2
Apparently Taira is Japans next big thing? Seen him choking a lot of fools out over in Pancrase. I'm picking him but I'm not going to be surprised if he gets 30-27d

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

AndresMontana
AndresMontana
  • Predictions:  2,846  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,209
  • Post Score: -6

04.29.2022 | 9:11 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 463rd

Romanov vs. Sherman
Alexandr Romanov, TKO, R1
thats the lock of the year, Romanov is goin to finish this guy in the first in the ground

Lainesse vs. Green
Yohan Lainesse, TKO, R1
This is goin to be in the center of the cage, and Green is to open and Lainesse has the advantage here with the power and the tenacity.

Breeden vs. Levy
Natan Levy, SUB, R3
Levy is just the better athlete, the better grappler and if he is smart he and keeps the distance pressuring at the same time, he is goin to finish this guy that honestly he has not level to be in the ufc, Levy needs to improve too but is way more complete

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 4 weeks, 10 hours, and 33 minutes from now.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

04.29.2022 | 9:19 PM ET

@Mikey

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2136th

Is Gina Mazany a -200 favourite, If she is, I'm chucking a 5-ver on Shana Young or Shana Young by decsion just on princaple, Both girl are  equally ****, It 50-50, I don't care what anyone else say

"Quack quack quack"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.29.2022 | 9:34 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 3272nd

Mikey1903 already ahead of you mate. You must have missed it:

Gina Mazany   vs.   Shanna Young

Abysmal matching. Canvas-dredgings-sc****d-off-the-floor-of-the-INVICTA-ring-on-a-slow-week-post-a-Kish-with-an-IBS-flareup-tier-bout of abject awfulness between two very unlovely women whose careers are surely a destined for expedited extinction as Mcspaghetti and whose records are worse than anything George Michael ever put out at Christmas and more likely to result in airwave-vectored AIDS spreadery and the literal kind both.

Anyone care to explain to me how Young only appears to have a set of adult teeth when she puts in a mouthpiece--and the rest of the time somehow breaks all conventional understanding of the ageing process by looking eighty-seven years old in her thirties? Or how in the name of everloving **** Mazany has an onlyfans gig? I can't even begin to fathom how there's a market for that. Maybe it's some kind of FBI entrapment sting. Anyone who subscribes gets sent an invite to an IRL face-to-face, but when they turn up at the doorstep they are handcuffed and tossed into the back of a  unmarked van without license plates, which is then driven with its sordid cargo by a black-ops agent to an active volcano and then into it with the driver swapped out for a brick on the accelerator. I hope so, anyway.

As fights go this one is surprising in the depth of its profanity. It's a bit like that story Fisty told about hooking up with that wasted girl at the sailor moon themed bug party, who he thought was Asian but turned out to merely have Down's Syndrome. You're not really surprised it happened, but you are taken aback that he ****** her purely on the back of that discovery.

This isn't UFC material. I don't know who wins. Not the brand, that's for sure--because Mazany vs Young is about as good for PR as it would be for Mars Inc. if somebody found a molar in a snickers bar and it went viral. I'll take Young--mostly because she looks more like Joe Swanson in his wheelchair from family guy than any other human being I have ever seen, and may possibly have strong arms.

Young Dec.

* Edited at 04.29.2022, 9:34 PM ET *

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

04.29.2022 | 9:36 PM ET

Wmma Gunna wmma but it's really a great matchup for mazany. A girl with pretty poor wrestling and grappling defense, who doesn't have the power of the other girls who finish her late. As long as mazany is careful with her cardio output she should win without much worry imo. 
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,907  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,119
  • Post Score: 300

04.29.2022 | 9:47 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2371st

Haha, Joe Swanson. 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,162  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,151
  • Post Score: 333

04.29.2022 | 10:16 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1982nd

You can afford it Baldric. Do it and report back to us

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,327  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

04.29.2022 | 10:19 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1538th

You can do 1-6 and 12 leg parlays with prop bets on Bovada.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,327  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

04.29.2022 | 10:23 PM ET

Font being the "fav" and not making weight

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1538th

is a much different situation than when Arce missed by half a pound and made light work of Daniel Willycat Santos.  That was an easy call to make if you didn't overreact.  This is a bad spot for Font.  I seriously think he is in a bit of trouble here.  Especially being 4 months removed from his left orbital bone being fractured.

* Edited at 04.29.2022, 10:46 PM ET *

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

04.29.2022 | 10:24 PM ET

It's not letting me do any parlay with a prop included, in this case dngtd, past 6 legs. But if I only do MLs it'll let me do past it. 
Mawler1313
Mawler1313
  • Predictions:  7  |  71.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 350

04.29.2022 | 10:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 2601st

Font vs. Vera
Marlon Vera, DEC
This one is tough; I love the way both these guys fight. Font's got great boxing so does Chito and his Jits is legit. I'm learning more towards Vera though

Collier vs. Arlovski
Andrei Arlovski, DEC
Gotta go for the OG!!! Arlovski in 3.

Fili vs. Brito
Joanderson Brito, TKO, R3
I like Fili, but he's always hot and cold. Going with Brito because Fili is hot and cold.

Gordon vs. Dawson
Jared Gordon, DEC
Dawson looks like Guile from Street Fighter. Gordon is an Astoria bad boy. Gotta with NY on this one.

Elkins vs. Connelly
Darren Elkins, SUB, R2
Can you out damage the damage? No, I don't think so.

"“there is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” -Musashi"

Page 20

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win