Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Till

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,014
  • Post Score: 47

06.05.2021 | 4:37 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.04.2021 at 02:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Till
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 36
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • MMA Bouts: 9
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Derek Brunson   defeats   Darren Till   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:13 Round 3 of 5, 12:13 Total Bout Page
Tom Aspinall   defeats   Serghei Spivac   via KO/TKO, Elbow to Ground Strikes   2:30 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alex Morono   defeats   David Zawada   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Khalil Rountree Jr.   defeats   Modestas Bukauskas   via KO/TKO, Side Kick to the Knee   2:30 Round 2 of 3, 7:30 Total Bout Page
Paddy Pimblett   defeats   Luigi Vendramini   via KO/TKO, Hooks   4:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Molly McCann   defeats   Ji Yeon Kim   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jack Shore   defeats   Liudvik Sholinian   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Julian Erosa   defeats   Charles Jourdain   via Submission, D'arce Choke   2:56 Round 3 of 3, 12:56 Total Bout Page
Marc-André Barriault   defeats   Dalcha Lungiambula   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 7

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

09.02.2021 | 9:45 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 4 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 963rd

Brunson vs. Till
Darren Till, TKO, R3
I don't know with this one. Darren Till has been taken down by every single decent opponent he's face. Well, with the exception of Stephen Thompson, but come on we all know that Wonderboy doesn't play that game. I'm kind of forced into a corner where I have to choose between choosing to trust in Till's get up game or Brunson's chin... I think over 5 rounds I just trust the finishing power of Till more. But I hate everything about this fight from a gambling perspective becuase I could reasonably see Till earning a finish in any given round or I could see Brunson holding him for 3 of 5. It's just not the kind of fight I enjoy seeing Till take on because he's so low volume.

Aspinall vs. Spivak
Tom Aspinall, TKO, R1
Spivak crumbles in the face of adversity. He looked likely to give up to Oleinik if Oleinik had enough youth in him to just get on top one more time. Spivak's gas tank and mentality are huge warning signs for me. Even if Aspinall might have some question marks about him too (Gas tank, defensive wrestling) I just garnered a lot of faith him coming out in that second round against Arlovski. Until proven otherwise I'll trust his ability to find the finish against someone with the striking of Spivak if he can find it against someone with the striking of pitbull.

Zawada vs. Morono
Alex Morono, DEC
Yikes, good luck to anyone betting this fight. Too much inconsistency from both men.

Rountree vs. Bukauskas
Khalil Rountree, TKO, R3
Speaking of inconsistency we have bangok not-so-ready Rountree. Any fight he's in he always has the power and his opponents always feel it, he just struggles with activity and bridging the gap. Only moderate confidence here, but I can easily see Bukauskas poor striking defense causing Rountree to build momentum throughout the fight. Rountree gets stuck against people who are defensively sound on the feet. I think Bukauskas would have more success if he implemented some wrestling here, but he's just not known for doing that.

Vendramini vs. Pimblett
Luigi Vendramini, DEC
I have no idea how Pimblett wins this fight after watching tape. Vendramini is defensively sound on the ground, and if he can survive Ziam on the feet I don't think Pimblett is going to have anything for him there. I just give wrestling and striking to Vendramini, but maybe Paddy wraps something up? Maybe I'm just trying to be edgy, but I have Vendramini here.

Kim vs. McCann
Molly McCann, DEC
1,2 Clinch, Shoot. Rise and repeat 5,000,000 times.

Shore vs. Sholinian
Jack Shore, DEC
I cannot wait to see the scrambles up in this *****. Gonna have a lot of fun watching this fight.

Jourdain vs. Erosa
Charles Jourdain, TKO, R1
Erosa gets stunned in every. single. *******. fight. I mean I'm not kidding he really does get dropped or chicken legged in every single fight. There isn't much tread left on that chin and Jourdain has a lot of power. Pretty confident in this one to end in a finish.

Lungiambula vs. Barriault
Marc-André Barriault, DEC
Boring clinch fest here imo.

Martinez vs. Rojo
Marcelo Rojo, DEC
Martinez isn't the same fighter at 135 in my opinion and I think Rojo either burns through his gas tank or his chin. Rojo can take a shot and keep coming really well and I think he does that better than Martinez deals with blistering pressure.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.02.2021 | 9:48 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 11th with 1 other

My one piece of advice when jumping on tickets 25 days away would be make sure you do it on a site that you can cash out your bets. It would really hurt the soul to watch Maximov like fall off the scale with a bad weight cut or some **** and the fight continue with a % deduction and you cant cash out your bet lol 

Not just any HW either lol he gave up nearly 55 Lbs in that fight and still out grappled him. 

He's part of the Nick Diaz army. Thats proven enough lmao 

Yea Fiziev vs Riddell has FOTN potential on any card. 
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

09.02.2021 | 9:58 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2315th

Bovada doesn't have prop odds yet, but hows about Morono-Zawada over 2.5, Jourdain inside distance, and Aspinall as a parlay?
Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

09.02.2021 | 10:01 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 772nd

Kim vs. McCann
Ji Yeon Kim, DEC
Good fight, it is pretty close and I think it'll be largely contested on the feet too. McCann has a speed advantage but Kim has a significant power advantage and because of that I think she can land some of her 1-2s and dictate the pace of this fight. It is close though, McCann can back Kim up and apply her pressure too but I'm ever so slightly picking Kim

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

09.02.2021 | 10:06 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 4 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 963rd

Jourdain ITD and Aspinall are probably enough to get you juicy odds. I just see different fighters everytime both Moreno and Zawada fight. Who knows what they are gonna do.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.02.2021 | 10:06 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 11th with 1 other

@Erison. Dont mind that, all seems pretty logical. 
Loganarsenal
Loganarsenal
  • Predictions:  6,522  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  97
  • Post Score: 193

09.02.2021 | 10:54 AM ET

@Plusmoneygod

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 1601st

I said he’s looked horrible, I didn’t say he was terrible there’s a big difference. Plus you can look horrible for 4:59 seconds of a fight and win in the last second. So like I said he has had some good wins but hasn’t looked good, eg beating a veteran like oleinik is a good win but he looked absolutely terrible in that fight. So there’s nothing mysterious about it at all it makes perfect sense. Granted Spivac is well rounded but aspinall is better in every single department, Spivac stepping in on a weeks notice too, there’s not a chance he beats aspinall, aspinall is gonna shut his lights out quickly, Spivac is wayyyyy too slow. 

* Edited at 09.02.2021, 10:55 AM ET *

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

09.02.2021 | 11:17 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1800th

Yeah aspinall is so quick is refreshing to see these fast heavyweights , daukauas aspinall gane, 
That's the future of heavyweights , lighter and faster feet , gane has a massive chance of beating ngannou 
Lois Waterford
Lois Waterford
  • Predictions:  370  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 227

09.02.2021 | 11:34 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1664th

Brunson vs. Till
Darren Till, DEC
People have been comenting that Till isn't in his best shape but he's a very technical striker and that's the kind of fighting style that gives 37 year old Brunson some troubles. If Darren can defend Derek's takedowns, he should be able to win this fight comfortably.

Aspinall vs. Spivak
Tom Aspinall, TKO, R1
I really don't think this fight will last long. Here we have two heavyweights with heavy hands that like to engage, but overall I give the power advantage to Aspinall.

Zawada vs. Morono
David Zawada, DEC
One of the hardest fights to predict on this card. Should probably be a weird fight, so I'm going with the underdog in Zawada, I think he'll probably "do enough" against Morono in order to get a split decision W here.

Rountree vs. Bukauskas
Modestas Bukauskas, TKO, R3
This card is filled with unpredictable fights, and on this one I'll go with Bukauskas only cause he has a slight size advantage and if he plays smart, he should be able to ground and pound his way into the victory.

Vendramini vs. Pimblett
Paddy Pimblett, DEC
I think this one will be insanely close and it has potential to be "Fight Of The Night". There is a lot of hype coming in on Pimblett but Vendramini is a very solid fighter as well and he won't give Paddy an easy debut. At the end of the day, I think the judges will favor the fighter from England.

Kim vs. McCann
Molly McCann, DEC
Not my most confident pick cause Kim will have a HUGE size advantage here and she also throws with power, but McCann has a lot of heart and if she fights smart and uses her wrestling, she could win this fight.

Shore vs. Sholinian
Jack Shore, SUB, R1
Sholinian is a talented fighter but I just think that Shore will be a very tough debut for him. Jack is one of the most exciting prospects at the moment and I expect him to continue his incredible win streak with a quick finish on Sunday

Jourdain vs. Erosa
Charles Jourdain, TKO, R2
Very interesting fight between two talented featherweights. Erosa will have the size advantage but he left some doubts about his chin in his last fight and now he's fighting a hungry young prospect who is not afraid of chasing the finish. Gotta go with Jourdain on this one.

Lungiambula vs. Barriault
Marc-André Barriault, TKO, R3
I really think that Barriault has grown a lot from his frst 3 losses in the UFC cause ever since he has looked phenomenal. Lungiambula has some dangerous heavy hands but I do see the Canadian fighter getting a late finish here.

Martinez vs. Rojo
Jonathan Martinez, DEC
This looks like a close fight to me but I just see Martinez being the better prepared fighter and getting the decision win here.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

09.02.2021 | 11:36 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 3074th

If Pimblett wins, is the UFC going to act like he is worldbeater already?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,980  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

09.02.2021 | 11:58 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 1364th

Pimblett is definitely the kind of guy where UFC are going to gargle his balls if he wins impressively.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.02.2021 | 12:03 PM ET

Considering this is their third attempt at signing him. they finally got it done. I would assume he gets the royal treatment after his first win. 
depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

09.02.2021 | 12:15 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1109th

In terms of actual bets, I am avoiding the Pimblett fight and just going to enjoy it as a fan.  If the hype is real, then welcome to the UFC.  
HiDefff
HiDefff

09.02.2021 | 12:19 PM ET

All i will say is from what I've seen and know of him, grappling wise he is the real deal and I think these are the best odds you're gonna get on him in his next 3-4 fights. especially if they baby him along like an O'malley or something. 

* Edited at 09.02.2021, 12:31 PM ET *

Mmagoru123
Mmagoru123
  • Predictions:  2,032  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  70
  • Post Score: 254

09.02.2021 | 12:33 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 9 Winners, 0 Perfect, 180 Points   |   Tied for 3066th

Paddy pimblett is not the “real deal” lmao. Cage warriors hand picked opponents for him so he looked amazing in basically all his fights then looked average when he fought good opponents. Even if he wins this fight dominantly I’m still not sold, definitely had a much better chance at featherweight. Ain’t gonna make it far in the division when the top 50 has guys like Davi Ramos, mike Davis etc… and would absolutely destroy this kid. Funny how they match Jai Herbert up with killers his first couple fights, then they’ll give pimblett the O’Malley treatment if he wins this fight

* Edited at 09.02.2021, 12:37 PM ET *

Pezzie
Pezzie
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: -23

09.02.2021 | 12:33 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1024th

"never tell me the odds."

RangerJW
RangerJW
  • Predictions:  3,058  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  434
  • Post Score: 348

09.02.2021 | 1:19 PM ET

Gotta follow my heart

Predictions: 4 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2475th

For some reason, my heart says Zawada. At his best, he's pretty impressive, but he's rarely at his best. I've got a feeling this'll be his night!
DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

09.02.2021 | 1:53 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 1953rd

I like zawada there too. He's been facing the much tougher competition than morono. 

Crazy driving through north jersey today. So many parking lots filled with water half way up tractor trailers. Couldn't even make the delivery due to the roads being rivers. Hope any of you that live in this area are doing ok. 
depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

09.02.2021 | 1:55 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1109th

@DCpredictions, North Jersey is flooded?  Didn't know that.  I live in Northern Virginia, we didn't get it that bad. Is this all from Ida?  
DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

09.02.2021 | 2:07 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 1953rd

Yeah apparently. Which is crazy since that made landfall in Louisiana. The whole greater NYC area I believe. 

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55