Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Till

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,813
  • Post Score: 47

06.05.2021 | 4:37 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.04.2021 at 02:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Till
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 36
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • MMA Bouts: 9
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Derek Brunson   defeats   Darren Till   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:13 Round 3 of 5, 12:13 Total Bout Page
Tom Aspinall   defeats   Serghei Spivac   via KO/TKO, Elbow to Ground Strikes   2:30 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alex Morono   defeats   David Zawada   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Khalil Rountree Jr.   defeats   Modestas Bukauskas   via KO/TKO, Side Kick to the Knee   2:30 Round 2 of 3, 7:30 Total Bout Page
Paddy Pimblett   defeats   Luigi Vendramini   via KO/TKO, Hooks   4:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Molly McCann   defeats   Ji Yeon Kim   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jack Shore   defeats   Liudvik Sholinian   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Julian Erosa   defeats   Charles Jourdain   via Submission, D'arce Choke   2:56 Round 3 of 3, 12:56 Total Bout Page
Marc-André Barriault   defeats   Dalcha Lungiambula   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 8

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

09.02.2021 | 2:17 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 1953rd

The whole value thing is a bit over stated. It's more of like "is it worth this risk for this potential return?". But when it doesn't cash you get 0 back weather it was a closer fight than the line indicated ("value") or not. There's a lot of lines that are way wider than they should be but the ones that cash are rare. Like you guys said it's usually used as an excuse for losing bets. 

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

09.02.2021 | 2:41 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1109th

The last card reminded me that the mind can play tricks on you when it comes to betting on the UFC.  It was so ingrained in my mind that Gerald would get knocked the hell out based on how many times I've seen him get knocked out and Makhmud Murad's striking ability but then Gerald gets the submission win.

If I don't win this Saturday or some crazy BS happens then I think I'm done for sports betting for a while.  I think the only other card I will bet is the Diaz card a few weeks from now but then that's it.  

I've had some lucky lucky cards man... I miss them now.  Covington vs Woodley was INCREDIBLE to bet on because of how many favorites won in the 1st round, it was the best.  Another good card was Usman vs Masvidal 2 once again for the same reason but I haven't had much success since then.  

* Edited at 09.02.2021, 2:43 PM ET *

FeedingABusCarrots
FeedingABusCarrots
  • Predictions:  2,858  |  77.9%
  • Forum Posts:  834
  • Post Score: 235

09.02.2021 | 2:47 PM ET

The only thing that sucks about this card is that it isn’t in England with a crowd

"Undefeated and undisputed in the pick game"

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

09.02.2021 | 2:55 PM ET

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/70810-ufc-fight-night

That right there was the best card to bet on exactly one year ago.  Look at how many favorites won and how they won.  They each won in the first round with how they were expected to win. It was like a gift from the betting gods.  

Khamzat Chimaev Round 1 TKO
Randy Costa Round 1 TKO
Johnny Walker Round 1 TKO
Darrick Minner Round 1 Sub
Mayra Buena Silva Round 1 Sub
Mackenzie Dern Round 1 Sub

* Edited at 09.02.2021, 2:57 PM ET *

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

09.02.2021 | 2:56 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1780th

Vendramini vs. Pimblett
Luigi Vendramini, TKO, R2
Vendramini has the advantage in the stand up and will be able to block any take down attempts. By the second Vendramini will have found Pimblett's chin a few times and finish him. I expect a great fight between these two young fighters, who most definitely will show exponential growth in their skill level from the last time we saw them fight.

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.02.2021 | 3:15 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 11th with 1 other

@Depmode Randy Costa was a slight underdog that night. Darrick Minner was a Huge under dog that night. Mirsad Bektic was also a huge favorite. Bektic and Laramie were the 3rd and 4th biggest favorites on the card that night. Not all the favorites did what they were supposed too 
HiDefff
HiDefff

09.02.2021 | 4:40 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 11th with 1 other

Where are people getting this impressive footage of Vendramini? The guy is 1 for 11 on take down attempts in the UFC. solid 8% take down ability. His last fight he landed a whopppping 34 strikes in 15 minutes. Other than a big power shot how in the **** is he going to win. He hasn't proven he can take anyone down and he hasn't proven that he can win rounds with volume. He subbed an 0-2 guy 4 years ago. Who's his best win? Ayari who was coming off a 2 year layoff I would have to think. So other than a quick finish from a punch or kick I'm struggling to figure out where everyone's confidence in him is coming from.  
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,444  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 237

09.02.2021 | 5:53 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2452nd

@HiDefff I was thinking the same thing. This is definitely a gimme fight for Pimblett. Unless he gets KO'd going for the first take down, he's going to be so far ahead of Vendramini on the ground it won't last long.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

09.02.2021 | 6:20 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 772nd

I want this savage back in him (Khalil)

* Edited at 09.02.2021, 6:24 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.02.2021 | 6:22 PM ET

I mean a fight is a fight. Anyone has a chance. ask Holly Holm lol. Im not saying he has not shot at all. Just wondering where the confidence is from. Or is it just more of a dislike for Paddy? Which again is fine, but picking against or betting against someone because you dislike them has to be a non profit strategy lol. 
Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,810  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,006
  • Post Score: 207

09.02.2021 | 6:38 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 2938th

Vendramini's grappling didn't look to bad against Zaleski at WW, so I wouldn't think it's unreasonable to think he'd be able to control former FW Paddy. But really, Paddy cut his teeth in CW by using the Big Nog strategy of absorbing a **** ton of punishment before locking up a sub, against middling opposition for the most part, and once he got to fit actual decent grapplers in Bak and Narimani, he got controlled.

They are setting him up with this fight, but anyone with good power and good understanding of BJJ will always be a live dog against Pimblett imo.
HiDefff
HiDefff

09.02.2021 | 6:41 PM ET

Against Zaleski he went 0-5 on take downs and landed 4 SS in 6 mins and 20 seconds. He survived until he was asleep. Stats are weird tho. I struggled to find 5 take down attempts. He was so outmatched in that fight tho. his first take down attempt he was locked in a Peruvian neck tie for a minute then got up and got to a little work. just outmanned too much. His coaches told him in the corner he won the first round too lol He hurt himself throwing a leg kick and then it was night night 

* Edited at 09.02.2021, 6:52 PM ET *

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

09.02.2021 | 7:44 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 772nd

Vendramini vs. Pimblett
Paddy Pimblett, DEC
Okay this ain't no walk in the park for Pimblett. I actually think Luigi is a better striker, he's far more dangerous on the feet and has the ability to hurt Paddy. But, I think this fight is won by whoever can establish top control and I think Paddy can do just that. He has better trips in the clinch than Luigi and his submission games and transitions are very very nice. I don't think he gets the sub, I actually think Luigi can hold his own and defend them, Luigi can have success too if he gets the takedowns but I don't see him getting them. His best shot is probably to keep this fight standing and win by KO, but I think Paddy can initiate clinch exchanges and work his trips and grappling

BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,779  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 44

09.02.2021 | 8:00 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 4 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 614th

Brunson vs. Till
Derek Brunson, DEC
Lay n pray

morales1987
morales1987
  • Forum Posts:  46
  • Post Score: -113

09.02.2021 | 8:38 PM ET

Martinez,Dalcha,Liudvit,Spivac,Brunson parlayer?
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 3 weeks, and 38 minutes from now.
DCpredictions
DCpredictions

09.02.2021 | 9:49 PM ET

Don't get greedy and parlay a bunch of dogs, play them straight or do 2 leg round robins. You're going to wanna kill yourself if 4 out of those 5 hit
MMAfreak1117
MMAfreak1117
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 594

09.02.2021 | 10:23 PM ET

That was a great comment about Yamasaki that was posted by some dude yesterday. I never knew that he has a company that renovates houses and he only reffed MMA fights in his spare time. It really is shocking that a massive company like the UFC would hire Mario for so many years. He was basically a disaster waiting to happen. Why wouldn't the UFC only hire guys who ref full-time? Seriously, hiring a contractor to ref MMA fights? What's next, hiring an accountant as a ref?
DCpredictions
DCpredictions

09.02.2021 | 11:44 PM ET

The ufc doesn't hire them it's the athletic commissions, same with the ****** judges. 
Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,761  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,176
  • Post Score: 192

09.03.2021 | 12:00 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3169th

Brunson vs. Till
Darren Till, TKO, R2
The outcome of the fight will be quite influenced by Brunson's effectiveness with his wrestling, since if Brunson takes the fight to the ground he will probably wear out Till and get a ground and pound finish in the second or third round. Otherwise Till with his strong striking will probably manage to hurt Brunson standing up. I believe that the fight will not reach the decision for either side and that Till will be able to defend the takedowns and control the fight, also another factor to consider is if Till can finish Brunson if he knocks him down, the past Till scores knockdowns over Wonderboy, Cerrone, Dalby, Ayari and Masvidal, of these the only one who managed to finish was Cowboy Cerrone.

Aspinall vs. Spivak
Tom Aspinall, TKO, R1
Aspinall has looked amazing in each of his UFC fights, against Arlovski he passed his biggest test in his professional career: in addition to achieving his first finish after the first round when he surprised the Pitbull with a quick back position and rear-naked choke. Spivac despite winning did not look very good against a veteran Oleinik who with a little more tank could have taken the fight. Aspinall has the advantage in speed and striking, I think the English man will probably get the TKO in the first 2 minutes of the fight.

Zawada vs. Morono
David Zawada, TKO, R2
Zawada is a fighter with an interesting career in the UFC: 1-3 with 2 losses by SD (personally I saw him the winner in his debut against Danny Roberts) and despite being knocked out against Li Jingliang, Zawada was close to finishing Jingliang in the first round. Morono is a fighter with a high strike volume, decent wrestling and has wins over fighters like Song Kenan, Max Griffin and Cowboy Cerrone. but sometimes he does not take the punches and I consider that Zawada with the striking and dangerousness of him on the ground when he is on his back, can give one of the upsets of the night.

Rountree vs. Bukauskas
Modestas Bukauskas, DEC
Rountree is very erratic in his performance and usually the cardio doesn't keep him up to speed during the 15 minute fight. Despite losing Bukauskas he looked much more confident in his game in his last fight. They both have the ability to finish, but I think Bukauskas is the one with the best chance of winning on the scorecards.

Vendramini vs. Pimblett
Luigi Vendramini, TKO, R2
Pimblett's strategy relies heavily on his effectiveness in bringing the fight to the ground and Vendramini in his first round against Zaleski demonstrated decent grappling skills. Vendramini clearly has the advantage in striking. He is a difficult pick because against Ziam, Vendramini looks frozen until the third round where he was already very complicated on the cards. But apart from Conor McGregor statistically most of the former champions in Cage Warrios have had a very difficult time in their UFC debuts and personally the Pimblett-Vendramini pairing does not seem very suitable for the English man.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Yo3L_R0mero
Yo3L_R0mero
  • Predictions:  4,777  |  69.4%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 291

09.03.2021 | 12:34 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2475th

Brunson vs. Till
Darren Till, TKO, R2
Ok let's be completely honest here, 2 years ago Till would've got the KO 1st round easy and it wouldn't have been close. But, he is coming off a long layoff and multiple injuries including a broken collarbone most recently. Also, Brunson isn't as reckless as he used to be a couple years ago and has been fighting smarter. That said, I still can't see Brunson winning this fight. Till will stuff every takedown and clip Brunson eventually. Maybe a decision? But honestly, I doubt Brunson can last that long.

Aspinall vs. Spivak
Tom Aspinall, TKO, R2
Aspinall is incredibly talented, can't wait for this one!

Rountree vs. Bukauskas
Modestas Bukauskas, TKO, R2
Sorry Khalil, but I can't pick you in good conscious when you're coming off a loss to ******* Marcin ("no chin") Prachnio lol

Vendramini vs. Pimblett
Paddy Pimblett, SUB, R1
The long awaited debut... let's see how good he really is

Shore vs. Sholinian
Jack Shore, SUB, R2
:( so sad about this matchup. I loved Liudvik on The Ultimate Fighter and was rooting for him. But he's not on Shore's level, and he tends to be a slow starter and kinda gas by 2nd/3rd round. I hope they give him another fight after this against someone a little easier.

Lungiambula vs. Barriault
Dalcha Lungiambula, DEC
Oh Dalcha... please don't gas again! Ugh, I'll be completely honest, I'm not very confident in this pick.

* Edited at 09.03.2021, 12:37 AM ET *

"Cuando estoy enfrente de un ser humano, lo veo como un ser humano" - Yoel Romero

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night