Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Korean Zombie vs. Ige

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,251
  • Post Score: 47

03.01.2021 | 10:17 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 06.19.2021 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Korean Zombie vs. Ige
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 29
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Michael Bisping | Backstage: Laura Sanko
  • TV Ratings: 275,000 avg. viewers (ESPN 2)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Chan Sung Jung   defeats   Dan Ige   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Serghei Spivac   defeats   Aleksei Oleinik   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marlon Vera   defeats   Davey Grant   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Seung Woo Choi   defeats   Julian Erosa   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground and Pound   1:37 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bruno Silva   defeats   Wellington Turman   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Matt Brown   defeats   Dhiego Lima   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   3:02 Round 2 of 3, 8:02 Total Bout Page
Nicolae Negumereanu   defeats   Aleksa Camur   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Virna Jandiroba   defeats   Kanako Murata   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (arm/shoulder Injury)   5:00 Round 2 of 3, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Khaos Williams   defeats   Matthew Semelsberger   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Josh Parisian   defeats   Roque Martinez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ricky Glenn   defeats   Joaquim Silva   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Flurry of Punches   0:37 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Casey O'Neill   defeats   Lara Fritzen   via Submission, Standing Rear Naked Choke   2:54 Round 3 of 3, 12:54 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 5

MMA CROATIA
MMA CROATIA
  • Predictions:  2,941  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: 250

06.17.2021 | 9:55 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1946th

Oleinik vs. Spivak
Sergey Spivak, DEC
Oleinik is too old and Spivak is underrated

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,892  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,218
  • Post Score: 191

06.17.2021 | 11:35 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2755th

Erosa vs. Choi
Julian Erosa, SUB, R2
I think the issue of height and reach will be a determining factor in this fight: Choi in the UFC has only faced fighters who were ahead of him in height (for example Gavin Tucker had an incredible 21 cm of difference in reach and 15 cm of difference in height) and also strangely enough Erosa in the UFC was only knocked out by fighters who he exceeded in height by at least 10 cm. For this fight both Julian Erosa and Seung Woo Choi have the '' opportunity '' to face an opponent who has a height and reach more or less similar and even this being the first time that Choi faces an opponent taller than him ( Erosa is 2 cm taller). In the past Erosa has had good results against opponents who lose their size advantage when facing him (as in his fight against Mehdi Baghdad in TUF, Jamall Emmers in DWCS or in his return against Sean Woodson). It is clear the fact that Erosa has been knocked out several times in the past and we always have the question of whether the next opponent will be able to do it, I do not doubt that striking is Choi's main weapon but I consider that the real moment of danger for Erosa it would be at the beginning of the fight. Erosa is superior in cardio, strike volume, wrestling and grappling so he clearly has the tools to get his third underdog win in a row.

Parisian vs. Martinez
Roque Martinez, DEC
Parisian looked empty after his first round against Parker Porter, where his punching volume and power waned after the second round. Martinez may not be the most talented heavyweight or the fittest, but he showed great cardio against Mayes. Interestingly, Mayes had a lot of trouble against Martinez in the third round because he was visibly more tired. Parisian entered the UFC for being an effective knockout artist (achieving 2 first round KOs in the DWCS), but I consider that Martinez has a better jaw than Parker and if he did not show improvements in his cardio I think Martinez would have a considerable advantage in the fight after finish the first round.

* Edited at 06.17.2021, 11:36 AM ET *

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

06.17.2021 | 12:24 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1167th

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,105  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

06.17.2021 | 12:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 2869th

Erosa vs. Choi
Julian Erosa, TKO, R3
Erosa needs to come forward, invest in the body shots and wear on Choi. Come with a similar game plan he had in the Woodson fight

Yo3L_R0mero
Yo3L_R0mero
  • Predictions:  4,777  |  69.4%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 291

06.17.2021 | 1:33 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2840th

Jung vs. Ige
Dan Ige, DEC
Ige's been on a roll. Considering how Ortega put Zombie down a couple times in his last fight, I wouldn't be surprised if Ige's able to get the KO.

Oleinik vs. Spivak
Aleksei Oleinik, SUB, R2
Admittedly, this is a bit of an emotional pick because I love Aleksei. But, considering Spivak is a primary wrestler/grappler, I think we see this on the ground at some point. Spivak isn't a bad grappler, but Oleinik is a 4th degree black belt, so this pick isn't far off. There's levels!

Vera vs. Grant
Marlon Vera, SUB, R2
Considering the way Davey Grant leaves his chin all the way up when he throws his strikes, I'm so surprised he's never been knocked out. But all 4 of his losses are by sub, and Chito's gonna bring this to the ground and put that black belt to use

Erosa vs. Choi
Seung Woo Choi, DEC
I'm glad the odds are tight on this one cause it's definitely a close fight. I wouldn't put money on this pick, that's for sure.

Turman vs. Silva
Wellington Turman, SUB, R2
I'm surprised the picks are so skewed here... 82% for Silva?? He's been out 2 and a half years. I think if Wellington is able to take this down, he can find the sub

Negumereanu vs. Camur
Aleksa Camur, DEC
Sheesh, look at that padded record for Negumereanu!

Jandiroba vs. Murata
Virna Jandiroba, SUB, R1
Looking into Murata's record, I was so glad to see her only loss was by submission. Gave me way more confidence in this pick. Jandiroba's striking has definitely improved, but I don't think she'll need to use it. She's insane on the ground!

Parisian vs. Martinez
Roque Martinez, DEC
I feel like I'm picking a lot underdogs on this card, but tbh I think Roque has fought better competition, so I'm going with him. Parisian's record is a bit padded.

Procópio vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, DEC
Tough pick! I might change this... Procópio's ground game might be what gets her a decision

"Cuando estoy enfrente de un ser humano, lo veo como un ser humano" - Yoel Romero

KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,237  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,530
  • Post Score: 196

06.17.2021 | 3:04 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 357th

I think I’m switching to Zombie, does Ige have a win over a ranked fighter rn? (Outside of the robbery decision against Barboza)

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,812  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

06.17.2021 | 3:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 1977th

Erosa vs. Choi
Seung Woo Choi, TKO, R3
I'm excited to see Choi fight someone who wont attempt to wrestle-**** him. Erosa and Choi are all action fighters and both seem to be more comfortable when they are striking, especially Choi. Three out of Choi's four fights in the UFC he has seen at least 9 takedown attempts against him and Erosa has never attempted more than 6 TD's in a fight so it looks we will get another all action striking battle here and I think that favors Choi. Choi is more technically sound, throws striaghter punches and uses his height better. Choi also has the tools to handle Erosa's pressure game as he uses all 8 limbs and is nasty with his elbows when his opponents are close. I'm picking Choi by 3rd round KO here, I think he lands too much for Julian and gets him out of there.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112

06.17.2021 | 5:17 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Vera vs. Grant
Marlon Vera, TKO, R2
chito will push the action, hurt Grant who's a bit chinny and get the finish with ground and pound

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,565
  • Post Score: 262

06.17.2021 | 6:19 PM ET

Duck Perfect picks and Prediction

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 791st

I think this card has a lot of fun fight and I think this card is going to have a lot of fun finishes. I'm surprise that people aren't talking about it, But to fair this card is filled with under rated fighter like Dan Ige, Sergay Spivack and Chito Vera etc. I'm actually quite exited for this card, I'm quite exited for this card.Hope you enjoy
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vz4PHHVXkC2odFcxiHtviTgklV-TUoVeuA6iZzTUg7Q/edit?usp=sharing

"Quack quack quack"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,892  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,218
  • Post Score: 191

06.17.2021 | 7:21 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2755th

I think the scenario where Choi drops Erosa early is pretty much unavoidable, it may be a knockdown or Erosa ends up putting his hands on the ground like against Landwehr. And it will be the defining moment of the fight because he can either fall asleep like against Lobov, Teruto Ishihara and Devonte Smith or he can get up and have a great comback like against Nate Landwehr, Jamall Emmers and Sean Woodson.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112

06.18.2021 | 7:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Oleinik vs. Spivak
Sergey Spivak, TKO, R2
Spivak strong enough to keep this standing and from there he picks Oleinik apart with his better striking and gets the finish

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

06.18.2021 | 8:06 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2764th

I wanna write off Khaos Williams so bad, but his last performance wasn’t terrible and Perreira isn’t terrible, so I haven’t found a good enough reason to do so yet. The only thing I’ll say is that with these two guys’ styles the UFC might be trying to set up a Poirier vs Hooker, but they could easily end up with a Lewis vs Ngannou.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,987  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,136
  • Post Score: 269

06.18.2021 | 12:22 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 2555th

Jung vs. Ige
Dan Ige, DEC
Man I love zombie but I have to pick Ige here. Just watched the Barboza fight again and I'm really impressed with how tough this dude is (especially after seeing Edson scramble Burgos' brain). Going with the younger, faster and more active fighter here.
P.S. Also noticed Ige/Barboza & Song/Vera were on the same card. Two if the worst judged fights of 2020 IMO.

* Edited at 06.18.2021, 12:24 PM ET *

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112

06.18.2021 | 12:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Jung vs. Ige
Dan Ige, DEC
can see ige just being a bit more active, using his speed advantage and shooting in for some takedowns. Ortega was able to make Zombie really gun shy just sticking on the outside and going for takedowns, Ige is faster than Ortega so if he can show some good in and out movement and land more in the exchanges he picks up the decision

FireFist45
FireFist45
  • Predictions:  5,900  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,137
  • Post Score: 163

06.18.2021 | 12:58 PM ET

'July 23rd BKFC PVZ vs Rachel Ostovich

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2159th

FireFist45
FireFist45
  • Predictions:  5,900  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,137
  • Post Score: 163

06.18.2021 | 1:01 PM ET

Paige VanZant vs Rachel Ostovich Boobies n Violence

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2159th

Make Dat Money
Make Dat Money
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: -717

06.18.2021 | 2:33 PM ET

MAKE DAT MONEY!!!

Roque Martinez and Wellington Turman are two underdogs that can hit their path to victory if they get on their game plan from the get go. I think Josh Parisian is an absolute mess of a HW (so is Roque but I like his hand speed compared to Josh Parisian) and Bruno Silva has been out for 2 years due to an USADA suspension and from what I taped from his M1-Global bouts I feel like if Turman fights Silva like he did against Marcus Perez he snags two maybe all three rounds. Additional thoughts on this card at the link below:

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,193
  • Post Score: 332

06.18.2021 | 3:17 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2016th

I usually think Rachel Ostovich is sexy but her face looks like a Botex filled dollar store plastic Barbie doll rip off. She looks horrendous. i might not be able to eat my dinner tonight. i will have nightmares later actually

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

alex1999
alex1999
  • Predictions:  6  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 160

06.18.2021 | 3:56 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 1 Perfect, 75 Points   |   Tied for 3186th

Procópio vs. O'Neill
Lara Procópio, DEC
Win Lara

DdogMMA
DdogMMA
  • Predictions:  1,615  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: 138

06.18.2021 | 4:52 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2016th

Jung vs. Ige
Dan Ige, DEC
This is the hardest fight to call on the card but I’m leaning Ige. Ige just knocked out Gavin Tucker in less than 30 seconds. TKZ is so hittable and Ortega proved that last fight.

Oleinik vs. Spivak
Sergey Spivak, TKO, R1
It sucks seeing Oleinik get old but his time is almost up and this will probably be his last fight in the UFC. Spivak will keep this standing and he will ko Aleksei. 

Vera vs. Grant
Davey Grant, DEC
Everyone is sleeping on Grant once again. Vera has fought way tougher competition but Davey Grant is no joke. I’m going to say Grant by decision because there’s no way he is knocking out Vera. Imagine he does though..

Erosa vs. Choi
Julian Erosa, TKO, R1
This is another fight that’s hard to call but I’m leaning Erosa. He looked very impressive in his last fight against Nate Landwehr and I could see him making this a crazy fight with flying knees involved.

Turman vs. Silva
Bruno Silva, TKO, R1
Truman isn’t that bad and he’s still young but he got knocked out by Andrew Sanchez. Nobody gets knocked by Sanchez. Silva will ko him.

Lima vs. Brown
Dhiego Lima, TKO, R2
Lima is nothing like his brother. This Lima is a can but he should be able to finish an old Matt Brown at this point. Good luck if you bet on this one.

Negumereanu vs. Camur
Aleksa Camur, DEC
Camur isn’t very impressive but Negumereanu isn’t very good either. I’m taking Camur to win this by just wrestling the whole time but I wouldn’t be shocked if Negumereanu pulls off the upset.

Jandiroba vs. Murata
Virna Jandiroba, SUB, R1
Murata looked so good in her debut but if Jandiroba gets this to the ground it’s all over and I think that’s what will happen.

Semelsberger vs. Williams
Matt Semelsberger, TKO, R1
I would be very shocked if this fight gets out of R1. Williams has fought way better competition so far but I’m leaning Semelsberger here. Semelsberger has better wrestling than Khaos in my opinion and if this does hit the mat I think Semelsberger will do better.

Parisian vs. Martinez
Josh Parisian, DEC
I have no idea who will win this one but I’m leaning Parisian. Parisian will throw out more punches and just piece up Martinez the whole fight and win a decision.

Silva vs. Glenn
Ricky Glenn, DEC
I think Glenn takes this one. It’s going to be very close but Glenn has some good wins on his record.

Procópio vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, DEC
O’Neill fought Dobson in her UFC debut which doesn’t really mean much but she is more well rounded than Procòpio but I wouldn’t be shocked if Lara ends up winning this. Big step up in competition for Casey here.

* Edited at 06.18.2021, 4:55 PM ET *

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis thought Popeyes was key to longevity, believes he’s in his prime ahead of UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 1 star Art ‘One Glove’ Jimmerson dies at 60
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones steadfast in Stipe Miocic fight over unifying UFC titles: 'I’m in the middle of a pretty clear decision'
  • MMAFighting.com : Roman Dolidze vs. Michel Pereira set for UFC Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Is UFC Leaving ESPN For Netflix?
  • UFC.com : Art Jimmerson, 1963 - 2024