Topic: Bellator 158

Bellator 158: London

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,075
  • Post Score: 47

07.10.2016 | 10:46 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Bellator 158.
  • The event starts on Saturday, July 16 at 8:00pm ET
  • Predictions lock -180 minutes before the event start time

• Enjoy the fights!
    Bellator 158
    • Saturday 07.16.2016 at 03:00 PM ET
    • U.S. Broadcast: Spike TV (tape-delayed) | Prelims: Spike.com
    • Name: Bellator 158: London
    • Also Known As: Bellator 158: Daley vs. Lima
    • Promotion: Bellator MMA
    • Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
    • Venue: 02 Arena
    • Enclosure: Cage
    • TV Announcers: Sean Grande, Jimmy Smith
    • Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
    • Post-Fight Interviews: Jimmy Smith
    • TV Ratings: 556,000 avg. viewers
    • MMA Bouts: 13
    • Promotion Links:
    • Event Links:
    Bout   Info
    Douglas Lima   defeats   Paul Daley   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
    Matt Mitrione   defeats   Oli Thompson   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:21 Round 2 of 3, 9:21 Total Bout Page
    Francis Carmont   defeats   Łukasz Klinger   via Submission, D'arce Choke   3:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
    Michael Page   defeats   Evangelista Santos   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   4:31 Round 2 of 3, 9:31 Total Bout Page
    James Gallagher   defeats   Mike Cutting   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
    Manuel Garcia   defeats   Alex Reid   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
    James Mulheron   defeats   Neil Grove   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
    Danny Mitchell   defeats   CJ Meeks   via Submission, Twister   4:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
    Nathaniel Wood   defeats   Chase Morton   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:55 Round 3 of 3, 13:55 Total Bout Page
    Jason Radcliffe   defeats   Jack Mason   via KO/TKO, Knee   0:14 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
    Luiz Henrique Tosta   vs.   Dean Garnett   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
    Pietro Menga   defeats   Spencer Hewitt   via KO/TKO, Punch   0:41 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
    Mike Shipman   defeats   Dominic Clark   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   1:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

Tapology
    Tapology

07.10.2016 | 10:46 PM ET

The start time for this event has been changed.
  • Old Time: Saturday, July 16 at 8:00pm ET
  • New Time: Saturday, July 16 at 9:00pm ET

• Predictions now lock on Saturday, July 16 at 6:00pm ET.
    Kinsalsa
    Kinsalsa
    • Predictions:  360  |  63.3%
    • Forum Posts:  1,772
    • Post Score: 129

07.11.2016 | 10:30 AM ET

Chadwick out, Dominic Clark in

In the lead up to Bellator 158 an undisclosed injury sustained by Lee Chadwick will mean the Liverpool based fighter will bow out of his scheduled bout with Mike Shipman, in his place will be London based Dominic Clark.

Fighting out of Fight Science Gym Clark was ecstatic as he spoke exclusively to #WHOATV:

“When you get the call from one of the premiere fight promotions in the world  you don’t say no. People might say ‘but you haven’t prepared!’ but you never know until you get in the cage how it will play out. I’ve gone from fighting in dingy nightclubs to UCMMA and now Bellator a premiere organisation.”

As Michael Bisping has recently proven, you should never count a fighter out who has had a short fight camp. Clark joins the fight card on a weeks notice but even with seven days to go Clark is adamant that his nickname (Dominator) will be on show.

“I’m still in shape I never get out of shape. There’s not going to be much of a feeling out process I’ll try and dominate early. My style is very aggressive and I’m very rarely a backward fighter. I’m not a  point scorer  and out of 21 fights I’ve only had one go to decision.”

When reflecting on his opponent Clark is the epitome of respect. It’s clear there will be no war of words, sniping or verbal jabs.

“Michael is a premiere fighter, he is a very decent calibre. Every fighter is a threat and face to face they unearth a whole lot of problems. Game plans go out the window when you get in there. But all the pressure is on Mike he’s had a long camp, he’s sold a lot of tickets alot of people are coming to see him. I’m just going to go out that there and broadcast myself and have some fun. Much respect to Michael for taking the fight in the end we are sportsmen so I hope he’ll bring it.”

Bellator 158 takes place at London’s O2 Arena on Saturday 16th July. Tickets are still on sale.

"Endings are sad, beginnings are scary...but it's the middle that counts."

Tapology
    Tapology

07.13.2016 | 3:24 PM ET

The start time for this event has been changed.
  • Old Time: Saturday, July 16 at 9:00pm ET
  • New Time: Saturday, July 16 at 3:00pm ET

• Predictions now lock on Saturday, July 16 at 12:00pm ET.
    Tapology
    Tapology

07.15.2016 | 8:41 AM ET

The prediction deadline for this event has been changed.
  • Old Lock: -180 minutes before the event start time
  • New Lock: -240 minutes before the event start time

• Predictions now lock on Saturday, July 16 at 11:00am ET.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brazilian National Championship (Brasileiro) 2024 Full Results And Review
    • MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
    • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
    • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
    • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
    • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
    • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
    • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
    • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
    • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
    • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
    • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
    • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
    • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
    • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
    • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
    • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
    • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
    • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
    • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4