Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Gane vs. Spivac

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,154
  • Post Score: 47

06.05.2023 | 10:02 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.02.2023 at 12:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+ | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Accor Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Paul Felder, John Gooden, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Michael Bisping | Backstage: Heidi Androl
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $4,000,000
  • Attendance: 15,610
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Serghei Spivac   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:44 Round 2 of 5, 8:44 Total Bout Page
Manon Fiorot   defeats   Rose Namajunas   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Benoit Saint-Denis   defeats   Thiago Moisés   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:44 Round 2 of 3, 9:44 Total Bout Page
Volkan Oezdemir   defeats   Bogdan Guskov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:46 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
William Gomis   defeats   Yanis Ghemmouri   via KO/TKO, Body Kick   2:20 Round 3 of 3, 12:20 Total Bout Page
Morgan Charriere   defeats   Manolo Zecchini   via KO/TKO, Body Kicks   3:51 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Taylor Lapilus   defeats   Caolán Loughran   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ange Loosa   defeats   Rhys McKee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nora Cornolle   defeats   Joselyne Edwards   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Farid Basharat   defeats   Kleydson Rodrigues   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jacqueline Cavalcanti   defeats   Zarah Fairn   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 8

paulopasta
paulopasta

08.27.2023 | 5:01 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 1530th

Gane vs. Spivac
Serghei Spivac, SUB, R2
This is a tough one for me but I’ve landed on Spivac. He’s got the skill needed to finish Gane on the mat. The only thing is getting him to a point where he can get him there. The footwork will be the main issue as Sergei is pretty slow. Also his tendency to not react well to good shots. I still believe Sergei has the wrestling in him to close the distance, land some ground n pound and find the submission

Fiorot vs. Namajunas
Manon Fiorot, DEC
Do I think Rose is gonna win? No probably not, I think skill for skill on her best day she’s definitely better than Fiore. However I just doubt she’s in a good mental space atm. Who knows maybe she shows back up and wins but for now I doubt it

Saint-Denis vs. Moisés
Benoit Saint-Denis, TKO, R3
Benoit has established himself as a future lightweight staple. Looking improved in all facets against a super dangerous Ismail Bonfim. I think Moises is a solid vet who is good everywhere but is slightly lesser in all aspects than Benoit. I think Saint-Denis will manage to break him down and finish him

Oezdemir vs. Guskov
Volkan Oezdemir, TKO, R1
Volkan may be washed but I trust him to beat this Uzbek can crusher. Unless his chin is completely gone and he gets slept in an instant. I just doubt that it’s gonna go down that way. Guskov in my view seems low tier

Gomis vs. Almeida
William Gomis, DEC
Interesting booking here. I think Gomis could have potential but he doesn’t seem like he wants to go for it. Plays it super super safe. Almost to his detriment. He’ll be winning fights then let’s his opponent come back and nearly finish him. I think that he won’t do that here. I see him touching Almeida and using his footwork to escape the pocket when Almeida swings wild. Unless he gets caught which I personally don’t see happening

The Giraffe
The Giraffe
  • Predictions:  2,617  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  88
  • Post Score: 177

08.27.2023 | 6:39 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 646th

Gafurov is off the card (visa issues).

https://twitter.com/LaSueur_off/status/1695907977574674781
Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,259  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,511
  • Post Score: -57

08.27.2023 | 8:19 PM ET

Ayy

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 891st

Also I don't believe Spivaks cardio or top control is that good. If nothing else Gane is athletic. And I doubt he will get psyched out like he did during that horrible performance against Jones.

Personally neither Spivak or Gane have convinced me of much, even when Gane was in the super hyped up phase I never saw what the huge deal was. But I think he is better than Spivak especially over 5 rounds. My main worry is that in the Jones fight he showed he can quit. Still I think he beats Spivak who just isn't that good

"Positivity is a positive"

Jaredreynolds87
Jaredreynolds87
  • Predictions:  57  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: -44

08.27.2023 | 8:32 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3125th

Gane vs. Spivac
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R4
As the fight goes longer Spivac will reveal more holes in his game. This fight will be very similar to the Aspinall Fight

Saint-Denis vs. Moisés
Thiago Moisés, DEC
I picked Saint Denis last card but this guy grinded 4 rounds with the current champion before getting finished I think he takes a split decision.

Oezdemir vs. Guskov
Volkan Oezdemir, TKO, R1
1st Rd TKO don't know who this guy is but he's not on Jiris level. His face will be "oozdemiring"

Gomis vs. Almeida
William Gomis, DEC
Alameda will have a hard time touching him

Ghemmouri vs. Loughran
Caolan Loughran, TKO, R2
Violent KO out of Caolan

Charriere vs. Zecchini
Morgan Charriere, DEC
Trevin Giles beats Tyson Nam here in a close decision

Fairn vs. Cavalcanti
Jacqueline Cavalcanti, DEC
Don't know either I'll take the favorite by decision

Cornolle vs. Edwards
Joselyne Edwards, DEC
UFC experience matters here

Loosa vs. McKee
Rhys McKee, TKO, R2
McKee by violent stoppage after he gets back to his feet. He's not fighting chimaev he will find success.

Basharat vs. Rodrigues
Farid Basharat, TKO, R2
Basharat will break him slowly

Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,639  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

08.27.2023 | 8:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 2044th

Gane vs. Spivac
Serghei Spivac, TKO, R1
Spivac's speed and relentless ground game would overwhelm Cyril Gane. Gane has shown that he has trouble against bigger and stronger opponents, and Spivac's wrestling and ground and pound is very effective. Spivac has the tools to take Gane down and keep him there, which is where he does his best work. Spivac would win by a R1 KO because he would take Gane down quickly and then punish him with his ground and pound until he is finished.

Fiorot vs. Namajunas
Manon Fiorot, DEC
Manon Fiorot has the advantage here due to her superior wrestling and durability. Fiorot is a talented grappler who is difficult to take down, and she also has a strong chin that allows her to withstand powerful shots. This coupled with the fact that Rose Namajunas has been prone to being bullied in the octagon, makes for a clear path to victory for Fiorot. She can use her wrestling prowess to control and frustrate Namajunas, while also wearing down the champion with her powerful strikes. Through superior conditioning and technical skills, Fiorot should be able to grind out a decision win.

Saint-Denis vs. Moisés
Thiago Moisés, DEC
Both of these fighters are talented, but Thiago Moises has the edge in striking and grappling. Benoit Saint-Denis is a very talented fighter, but Moises is capable of taking him down and controlling him on the ground. Moises also has the striking advantage, which gives him yet another avenue to victory. Moises is a dangerous fighter, and I think his well-rounded approach would win out in a unanimous decision.

Oezdemir vs. Guskov
Volkan Oezdemir, TKO, R1
Oezdemir has the clear advantage with his striking and his power that can put you out cold in one blow. Guskov is a dangerous fighter but he doesn't have the same knockout power that Volkan has. Oezdemir's speed and power gives him the edge, and he would take advantage of that in the first round to finish the fight quickly before his opponent has a chance to adapt to his style. It only takes one solid punch to knock you out, and Volkan's the better puncher here.

Gomis vs. Almeida
William Gomis, DEC
Gomis has a big reach advantage and is taller than Almeida, who would be fighting up a weight class. Gomis' leg kicks are a potent weapon and he could use them to keep Almeida at range. He is a slick striker and could use his long limbs and speed to pick Almeida apart. Almeida has been criticized for his lack of wrestling ability and Gomis is a solid wrestler so he could take Almeida down and control him on the ground. Gomis also has good takedown defense and could avoid Almeida's attempts to initiate grappling exchanges. Overall, Gomis has all the tools to win by decision.

Ghemmouri vs. Loughran
Yanis Ghemmouri, DEC
Ghemmouri has been much more active as a fighter, and he has been fighting higher quality opponents. He also has a history of dominant performances against tough fighters, and he has a clear game plan to win with his long rangy striking and solid wrestling. Loughran is still young and relatively untested, and he has shown some defensive flaws that Ghemmouri could exploit to land damaging strikes and secure takedowns, and it's hard to see him getting a finish in this matchup.

Lapilus vs. Gafurov
Taylor Lapilus, DEC
Ok so Lapilus is a beast. He's and making it look easy. He's got great knee to liver, perfect distance management, and is a master of timing. Even in his losses he was just worn out, not totally out-skilled. There's a reason he's getting a call-up, he's on fire right now. Gafurov has power but his technique leaves him open and vulnerable, and he's got a habit of tiring out. Lapilus is a perfect counter to him, and I see him winning by an easy decision.

Loosa vs. McKee
Rhys McKee, TKO, R1
McKee has a clear technical advantage and stamina advantage over Loosa. Loosa is tough, but McKee's speed and power will likely be too much for him, and he will manage to land enough shots to finish him in the first round.

Basharat vs. Rodrigues
Kleydson Rodrigues, DEC
Basharat is a dangerous fighter with a taekwondo background who has a history of submitting his opponents with rear naked chokes. However, Rodrigues has shown incredible kicking ability and power, as well as impressive takedown defense. Basharat's grappling could pose a challenge for Rodrigues, but his relentless striking and pressure may overwhelm Basharat and lead to a decision victory.

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,963  |  73.2%
  • Forum Posts:  9,120
  • Post Score: 300

08.27.2023 | 9:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2681st

Fiorot vs. Namajunas
Manon Fiorot, TKO, R3
I am

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

combatinfantry
combatinfantry
  • Predictions:  365  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  35
  • Post Score: 60

08.27.2023 | 9:48 PM ET

I am thankful

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2478th

I love being a fan of this sport! I am thankful for how many UFC events we get these days and how much the sport has grown! I remember when I was just a kid, there were only a couple UFC events each year so I'd impatiently wait months to watch fights...now we get them almost every weekend, it's the best!

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher."

brandonk
brandonk
  • Predictions:  3,859  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 93

08.28.2023 | 1:00 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 6 Perfect, 705 Points   |   Tied for 94th

Lapilus gonna yet again not fight for the UFC.. 
2023.08.28 1:53 AM ET

bout status update

Lapilus vs. Gafurov Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,558
  • Post Score: 262

08.28.2023 | 3:14 AM ET

Combat

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 646th

It a good thing we complaining about too much content and not the opposite nowaday

The ufc has been doing a event most weeks for a decade now so I never had that problem 

* Edited at 08.28.2023, 3:15 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

MarioSuperSmash
MarioSuperSmash
  • Predictions:  2,225  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  327
  • Post Score: 38

08.28.2023 | 4:56 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 406th

@combatinfantry 
💯🥊

"Eat Sleep Gamble on fights 👊🏿👊🏿👊🏿"

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,435  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  820
  • Post Score: 96

08.28.2023 | 7:00 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 6 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 34th with 3 others

Gane vs. Spivac
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R3
It wont be even competetive

Kermit
Kermit
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  595
  • Post Score: 159

08.28.2023 | 7:59 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2738th

Surprised the UFC are gambling a W for Gane in Paris. Spivak will 100% wrestle heavy out of the gate and I can't forget Gane looking like a lost lamb against Jon Jones. Spivak might not be Jon but throwing Derrick Lewis around for 3 minutes before easily finishing him counts for something. If a one-legged Francis with 3 years of grappling experience can do it then Spivak can.
Kyojiro94
Kyojiro94
  • Predictions:  1,763  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 180

08.28.2023 | 8:09 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 4041st

I don't understand why most people are counting out Rose. It's the most idiotic thing. 
Kyojiro94
Kyojiro94
  • Predictions:  1,763  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 180

08.28.2023 | 8:10 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 4041st

Rose KO/TKO round 2. I love Manon but shes simply not on Rose's level.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,073  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,156
  • Post Score: 88

08.28.2023 | 8:49 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 1147th

Rose is mentally checked out

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

UFC_1
UFC_1
  • Predictions:  1,163  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  372
  • Post Score: 62

08.28.2023 | 9:30 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 745 Points   |   Tied for 25th with 1 other

Rose's level in 125 = zero.
This is literally her first fight in 125.
She's too weak for that weight.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,073  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,156
  • Post Score: 88

08.28.2023 | 9:42 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 1147th

Let’s not forget Manon fiorot outgrappled Mayra bueno silva with ease. Not only does she have great bjj but she’s a top contender… at 135. I don’t think rose is gonna be nearly big enough to deal with manon

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,639  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

08.28.2023 | 10:15 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 2044th

Yeah I think we can all agree Rose doesn’t have the mental strength for someone like Fiorot.

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

nisutabo
nisutabo
  • Predictions:  968  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 209

08.28.2023 | 10:18 AM ET

St Denis vs Moises

Predictions: 7 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3125th

Thiago Moises striking is good but nothing to write home about (not a single ko/tko victory since signing to the ufc). If you disagree please provide examples of his 'high-level' striking.

He does have really good BJJ but good wrestling tends to nullify BJJ and St Denis is a high level wrestler. St. Denis is also the bigger (albeit slightly), tougher and stronger guy  (took Zaleski to a decision at 170). Not to mention he's French and will be fighting in front of his very own people (and they love him).

Moises may win but he'd have to fight the perfect fight/catch St. Denis with a gullotine/d'arce when he shoots. IMO, its St. Denis or pass for this one.

Edit: St. Denis is not Parisien. Logic still holds though

* Edited at 08.28.2023, 11:06 AM ET *

Jaredreynolds87
Jaredreynolds87
  • Predictions:  57  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: -44

08.28.2023 | 11:00 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3125th

Gonna change a few of my picks here idk why it won't update I didn't know Rose went up in weight fioret by flattening RNC. Caolan won't be ready for this brave cf fighter, saint Denis went the distance at 185 I doubt Moises can say that he's going to lose if it's in dominant fashion I'd have to say saint Denis deserves a top 10 like gaejthe poirer next. Guskov is tougher than I thought he could sleep oozdemir this time

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia live stream online
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Stream: Highlights, Results And More!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: There's no respect for 'smaller dudes' Conor McGregor, Max Holloway if it weren't for Jose Aldo
  • MMA Mania : How To Stream Canelo Vs. Munguia PPV Card
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira blasts ‘scared’ UFC middleweights for refusing fights, done calling out opponents
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 6: 'I suspect we're going to piss off a lot of Brazil'
  • MMA Mania : Preview: Canelo Vs. Munguia Full Fight Breakdown
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Agrees To Write Script For Netflix Film Based On Her Memoirs
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith dismisses online trolls ahead of UFC 301: ‘Fans are stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown announces his MMA retirement: ‘Not doing it again, I’m out’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown, owner of second-most knockouts in UFC history, announces MMA retirement
  • Middle Easy : Alex Pereira Responds To Jon Jones’ Callout, Says Bout With ‘Bones’ Will Be ‘Biggest Fight Of His Career’
  • MMA Junkie : Stephen A. Smith 'disgusted' by Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as a professional boxing bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Jonathan Martinez already beat two of his UFC heroes, Jose Aldo is next: ‘He had his chance’
  • MMA Mania : Cha-Ching! Canelo Expected To Earn Massive Cinco De Mayo Payday
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg live stream watch party at 9:45 p.m. ET
  • Bad Left Hook : Nishida beats Rodriguez for IBF bantamweight title
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Randy Couture Talks Kayla Harrison’s UFC Debut, Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul Prediction And Best KO’s Of All Time
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 predictions: Three unanimous picks in Rio de Janeiro