Topic: UFC 288

UFC 288: Sterling vs. Cejudo

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,278
  • Post Score: 47

01.25.2023 | 12:22 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 288
  • Saturday 05.06.2023 at 06:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Prudential Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $5,182,210
  • Attendance: 17,559
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Henry Cejudo   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Belal Muhammad   defeats   Gilbert Burns   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Xiaonan Yan   defeats   Jéssica Andrade   via KO/TKO, Counter Right   2:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Movsar Evloev   defeats   Diego Lopes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Jourdain   defeats   Kron Gracie   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Matt Frevola   defeats   Drew Dober   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   4:08 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kennedy Nzechukwu   defeats   Devin Clark   via Submission, Standing Guillotine Choke   2:28 Round 2 of 3, 7:28 Total Bout Page
Khaos Williams   defeats   Rolando Bedoya   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Virna Jandiroba   defeats   Marina Rodriguez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Parker Porter   defeats   Braxton Smith   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:10 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ikram Aliskerov   defeats   Phil Hawes   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   2:10 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Claudio Ribeiro   defeats   Joseph Holmes   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:21 Round 2 of 3, 8:21 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 14

DelinquentMMA
DelinquentMMA
  • Predictions:  2,167  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  278
  • Post Score: 229

04.30.2023 | 4:30 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 4174th

Underdogs have been on fire recently. Might be insane but Bryce Mitchell (+220) could be a good play. 

"Delinquent MMA"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,184  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,282
  • Post Score: 89

04.30.2023 | 5:04 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 897th

There’s way better spots on the card than thug nasty 

Holmes 
Braxton 
Virna
Munoz
Even Frevola has a path to victory 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,554  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,347
  • Post Score: 150

04.30.2023 | 5:08 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 619th

Damn the best I've done on a card this year is 8-3 (72%) & that was the first card of the year. This is the year of underdogs & I'm picking all the wrong ones. Pretty sad for someone who's been watching weekly since around the end of 2016
foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,071  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,059
  • Post Score: 137

04.30.2023 | 5:29 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 554th

Mitchell was a good play against JSP (was probably going to be the favorite but close to pick'em odds).

Evloev is a way tougher fight. I don't like Thug Nastys chances at all. 
foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,071  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,059
  • Post Score: 137

04.30.2023 | 5:35 PM ET

@ayy

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 554th

Agree 100% with everyone of those.

I like where your heads at on Ugly Man especially. Ribeiro stinks. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,184  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,282
  • Post Score: 89

04.30.2023 | 5:39 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 897th

Yeah I’m not getting the love for ribiero one bit. You’re telling me this guy was pickem with a one dimensional glass cannon, gets exposed, and now he’s fighting a guy with more ways to win & is a 2-1 fav? That’s just so weird to me. I think the line should be reversed. I was honestly impressed with Holmes in his last fight. That was supposed to be a mismatch & he actually won the first against park. I also like that he’s at FacX now; will help improve his striking and cardio. I think this is an easy Holmes sub 

* Edited at 04.30.2023, 5:39 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Latrel Dog
Latrel Dog
  • Predictions:  1,147  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  798
  • Post Score: 159

04.30.2023 | 6:19 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1432nd

Muhammad vs. Burns
Gilbert Burns, TKO, R3
I worry about Burns having to cut weight for the second time again in such a short period of time, but I think this fight will mainly be played on the feet. That being said, Burns will have the advantage in the exchanges imo. Belal could win this one by trying to tire Burns out using clinches against the fence, and I hope Burns will be really prepared for that. I'll have Burns by Ko/TKO.

Clark vs. Nzechukwu
Kennedy Nzechukwu, TKO, R2
Interesting fight. I picked Da Un Jung to win against Clark, and didn't watched the fight live, but after seeing it, I wasn't impressed at all. Kennedy is really powerful, and actually has been improving his TDD. I think he'll have a tough 1st round, but will eventually finish Clark in the 2nd.

InsertNameHere00
InsertNameHere00
  • Predictions:  2,620  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 186

04.30.2023 | 7:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1798th

Sterling vs. Cejudo
Henry Cejudo, TKO, R3
Cejudo is coming for his I'm him moment and this is his perfect matchup for that. He'll deny the majority of Sterling's attempts to grapple and will outstrike him. This is a legacy fight for Aljo and if he wins I simply can't doubt him anymore, but I am doubting him now.

Muhammad vs. Burns
Belal Muhammad, DEC
Belal pisses me off everytime he wins because I'm always convinced he won't, Burns is cutting for the 2nd time to Welterweight in a short period and Belal has been waiting for a fight for months. Belal is gonna have to tough out a very tough first 2-3 rounds but the pressure I believe will make Belal take the championship rounds and likely a UD

Evloev vs. Mitchell
Movsar Evloev, DEC
Mitchell's takedowns will probably be denied 80% of the time and I think Movsar is the better striker, Mitchell is very good and being underrated for his performance with Ilia, but I see a 30-27 or 29-28 for Evloev.

Gracie vs. Jourdain
Kron Gracie, SUB, R1
I may be dumb for thinking a Gracie could've improved but Kron has had 4 years and Jourdain sucks sometimes so I think he can pull it off.

Dober vs. Frevola
Drew Dober, TKO, R2
Crimson Chin go brrr

Williams vs. Bedoya
Khaos Williams, TKO, R1
Forgive me for not knowing the other guy but If I see Khaos Williams vs a random guy then I see Khaos by murder, 14-1 maybe he'll surprise me

Rodriguez vs. Jandiroba
Marina Rodriguez, DEC
Marina 30-27

Porter vs. Smith
Braxton Smith, TKO, R1
Big black guy with 5 straight knockouts going against fat man Parker Porter, is it racist for me to pick this?

Aliskerov vs. Hawes
Ikram Aliskerov, SUB, R2
Ikram should've got a ranked opponent but Phil Hawes is game af as long as he's winning, that's something he won't be doing though.

houdini199x
houdini199x
  • Predictions:  3,817  |  72.8%
  • Forum Posts:  393
  • Post Score: 45

04.30.2023 | 8:30 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 227th

Bryce Mitchell , perfect underdog 💰🔐.

"High risk is high adrenaline. ..."

corygraves
corygraves
  • Predictions:  41,625  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  632
  • Post Score: 169

04.30.2023 | 8:47 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1274th

If Dober takes out Frevola he seriously deserves a bigger name again...such a tricky layout of names above him but, still...
Grogers70426
Grogers70426
  • Predictions:  1,343  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  106
  • Post Score: 177

04.30.2023 | 9:16 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 405th

Andrade vs. Yan
Jéssica Andrade, TKO, R2
I like Xiaonan but she hasn't faced anyone that hits like Andrade

Dober vs. Frevola
Matt Frevola, TKO, R2
Probably gonna win FOTN

Williams vs. Bedoya
Khaos Williams, TKO, R1
Khaos by violence

Aliskerov vs. Hawes
Ikram Aliskerov, SUB, R2
Aliskerov by kimura

"Keep on keeping on"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,412  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,552
  • Post Score: 128

04.30.2023 | 9:23 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 482nd

I watched 23 fights today, just a relaxed sunday.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

houdini199x
houdini199x
  • Predictions:  3,817  |  72.8%
  • Forum Posts:  393
  • Post Score: 45

04.30.2023 | 9:52 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 227th

C'mon Tap...Matt Frevola  is solid 📣.

"High risk is high adrenaline. ..."

ScottPanda
ScottPanda
  • Predictions:  326  |  54.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 400

04.30.2023 | 9:58 PM ET

Aljo vs CCC

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 4728th

If aljo, loses to CCC, he needs to move up to feather-weight for Merab, like he claims  he will??!!! 
trub1nho
trub1nho
  • Predictions:  336  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 55

05.01.2023 | 12:02 AM ET

My Bets for this weekend. Wish me good luck with pure heart )

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2501st

FIRST PARLAY: 
1. EVLOEV       2.    ALISKEROV      3.   BURNS    4.  SMITH
BET = 800$
POSSIBLE WIN = 5840$
SECOND PARLAY: 
1. EVLOEV       2.    ALISKEROV      3.   CEJUDO    4.  JOURDAIN
BET = 800$
POSSIBLE WIN = 4000$ 
Let's see what will happen , remaining is in hands of fighters )

"Nothing can stop me , absolutely nothing . I am bulletproof . P.S. Notorious Conor McGregor"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,566
  • Post Score: 262

05.01.2023 | 12:12 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1427th

Sterling vs. Cejudo
Henry Cejudo, TKO, R2
I think If Cejudo in decent form he's going to **** up Sterling as he a great matchup for him, Sterling best skills is his top game jiu-jitsu, But he's wresling is mid, He has not alot of power and is known to gas, Whilst Cejudo won a gold medal in wresling, And has power and cardio, I really think Cejudo has to fall off a cliff to lose this one, It just a good matchup for him

Muhammad vs. Burns
Gilbert Burns, TKO, R2
I like Burns in this matchup because I don't think you want to try and grapple with Burns because of his elite jiu-jitsu, And Burns is a more powerful striker and I think better striker

Andrade vs. Yan
Xiaonan Yan, DEC
I think this fight is hard to pick and is pretty 50-50 but I think Yan Xiaonan is going to win, I'm not confendent because of her huge weakness to grappling. But I think she an far suppior stiker to Andrade and I think if this stays standing Xiaonan wins

Evloev vs. Mitchell
Movsar Evloev, DEC
I think it a hard fight because I think this is a kickboxing fight between 2 grappler, I take Movser because I think he a slightly better striker then Mitchell, But I think people could be countin out Bryce because Topuria is just amazing fighter

Gracie vs. Jourdain
Charles Jourdain, TKO, R2
I like Charles Jourdain here, A big rule of MMA since like 2005, Alway fade the Gracie because they never great fighter because they all so one dimentinal

Dober vs. Frevola
Drew Dober, TKO, R2
I'm really confendent in Dober, I think Dober is a nightmare matchup for him, I think Frevola is killed or be killed and Dober is unkillable, i'm slightly worried he can fight smart like he did agaist Turner because he does have some grappling ngl, But I think Dober going to KO him

Clark vs. Nzechukwu
Kennedy Nzechukwu, TKO, R1
Not picking Clark, But it's 2 mid lightheavyweight so i'm not confendent, Just think Kenendy is more atheltic with slightly better skills

Williams vs. Bedoya
Khaos Williams, TKO, R1
I like Khaos as a prospect

Rodriguez vs. Jandiroba
Virna Jandiroba, SUB, R2
I think is 50-50 because I think Marina grappling is very suspect, And her striking is elite, And Jandiroba jiu-jitsu is elite but she doesn't have much stiking, But I'm going to take Virna to take her down and submet M-Rod

Porter vs. Smith
Braxton Smith, TKO, R1
Gonna fade Parker porter

Aliskerov vs. Hawes
Phil Hawes, TKO, R1
Going to take a flyer on Phil Hawes prepering to look like a ****** because he fighting a 13-1 russian , I think Phil Hawes is a good but flawed fighter and I think a Dagestan grappler is good for him becuase he won't touch his chin, I think Hawes power and grappling might win him this fight

Zhumagulov vs. Estevam
Rafael Estevam, DEC
Not picking a guy who 1-5 in the UFC, I know the Johnson and Paiva one were robery and the Molina one was a close fight, But he still losing, Also he's not big enought of a dog to hope for a close fight and pray the judges give it to him this time

Holmes vs. Ribeiro
Claudio Ribeiro, TKO, R1
Both equally suck but I think Ribeiro is more blacksposive and catch him

Santos vs. Munoz Jr.
Johnny Munoz Jr., DEC
Hard one because I think Santos is more dangerous, But Munoz is more skilled, I'm going to take the more skilled guy

"Quack quack quack"

Taybazza04
Taybazza04
  • Predictions:  19,306  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4,988
  • Post Score: 128

05.01.2023 | 12:23 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1673rd

Gracie vs. Jourdain
Charles Jourdain, TKO, R2
Gracie hasn't fought in 3 years, I can't trust that.

Porter vs. Smith
Braxton Smith, TKO, R1
How is Porter the favourite he just got knocked out badly only 2 months ago

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,272  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,561
  • Post Score: -56

05.01.2023 | 1:12 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 4330th

Lol at anyone picking Holmes the bum over Ribiero

"Positivity is a positive"

trub1nho
trub1nho

05.01.2023 | 1:22 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Sterling vs. Cejudo
Henry Cejudo, TKO, R4
Henry is stronger 3-4x times mentally then Aljo. Aljo is behaving like a kid trying to prove to his parents that he worth something. Always trying to prove the fans and haters they are wrong and he was really hurt from Yan illegal knee ) . Then this is kind of fight of guru sensei and his student. Like ninja turtles Henry will be Aljos Master Splinter ) He is much more well rounded and with better striking. Sterling saying I will takedown Cejudo 3-4 times in fight , all I need to close my handlock on his body and he will how strong I am ) This is not gonna happen , Cejudo will knock him out by Ground and Pound. Very confident in this fight outcome. Fight IQ is on different levels.

Muhammad vs. Burns
Gilbert Burns, TKO, R4
Belal after month of Ramadan and he has difficulties to cut the weight. He is cutting weight like in an emergency mode. While Gilbert to fight other than in 170 LBS. It would be fun if Gilbert will overweight by 2-3 pounds and dont give a **** about 20-30% fees. But this will kill Belal mentally ) Ok I am going in wrong direction. Gilbert has improved a lot. He was very solid with Chimaev and rocked him , if that would be Belals chin , we know the outcome. Leon was 1 round with Belal and destroyed him and Burns is gonna do the same.

Andrade vs. Yan
Jéssica Andrade, TKO, R3
Andrade hits like Gaetjhe ))) Not XIAONAN YAN level unfortunately.

Evloev vs. Mitchell
Movsar Evloev, TKO, R3
Here I feel a bit sorry for Bryce, matchmaking done without any mercy. Destroyed by country man Ilia Topuria in fantastic manner and now will be the same kind of domination by MOVSAR. Also Bryce is weak now mentally after last loss, he almost quit sport and everything because of 1 loss. PARLAY BOOSTER.

Gracie vs. Jourdain
Charles Jourdain, DEC
If you can not win the guy who was not training for MMA fight almost 4 Years and you an active fighter in the roaster. I don't know then Charles what kind of fight you need to win. I am supporting and betting on this guy since he is in UFC , but if he can not win this fight I am done with him. I will unsubscribe his Instagram account also ))) Easy fight brother , just dance like Mohammed Ali and sting him with jabs )

Dober vs. Frevola
Matt Frevola, SUB, R3
Personal intuition , everything is in favor of Drew Dober on paper. Heavy hitter against "Glass Chin". But my intuition is saying here Frevola will win with chain grappling. He will have smart game plan and Serra-Longo Fight Team will take first victory of the night before Aljo will disappoint his team.

Clark vs. Nzechukwu
Kennedy Nzechukwu, DEC
Everything is saying here let's go bet on KENNEDY , he improved a lot recently and has better TDD, is very powerful and etc. Let's see. Still it is 75/25 fight for me. In 100 fights 25 fights for sure Devin will win , don't know exactly how this particular fight will play out.

Williams vs. Bedoya
Khaos Williams, DEC
Not sure here, just guessing.

Rodriguez vs. Jandiroba
Marina Rodriguez, DEC
This is good value and good money line . Marina all the way. Easy dominance.

Porter vs. Smith
Braxton Smith, TKO, R1
Pavlovich is "WHITE NGANNOU". Braxton Smith is "BLACK PAVLOVICH".

Aliskerov vs. Hawes
Ikram Aliskerov, DEC
Khabib neighbour and very good fighter from Dagestan. We all know how good Dagestani fighters are. His only loss is against CHIMAEV by unbelievable uppercut. Fantastic Knockout. )

Zhumagulov vs. Estevam
Rafael Estevam, DEC
Estevam 8 years younger and very hungry and he has wins not against bums like they normally bring fighters with perfect record against nonames or guys with 6-10 or 7-13 records, but Rafael is different breed , different animal here. He will guide ZHALGAS to the exit of UFC.

Holmes vs. Ribeiro
Joseph Holmes, DEC
50/50 fight go with dog and value bet )

Santos vs. Munoz Jr.
Johnny Munoz Jr., DEC
50/50 fight go with dog and value bet )

"Nothing can stop me , absolutely nothing . I am bulletproof . P.S. Notorious Conor McGregor"

trub1nho
trub1nho

05.01.2023 | 1:30 AM ET

23 FIGHTS ) WOOW , DAY OF A DREAM FOR ME

@gliese58i 23 FIGHTS ) WOOW , DAY OF A DREAM FOR ME. I am onboard the ship now and have not seen ufc fights almost 3 months (((

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja inspires UFC St. Louis headliner Rodrigo Nascimento: ‘I see it’s possible’
  • MMA Junkie : Waldo Cortes-Acosta vs. Robelis Despaigne prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Lomachenko Vs. Kambosos Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Caceres vs. Sean Woodson prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : Diego Ferreira asked for advance payment for UFC St. Louis: ‘I was behind three months in the gym’
  • MMA Junkie : Diego Ferreira vs. Mateusz Rebecki prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson tickets include wild $2 million MVP package
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Lomachenko Vs. Kambosos Results & Play-By-Play!
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Got Careless FedEx Employee Fired After Video Went Viral
  • MMA Junkie : Alonzo Menifield vs. Carlos Ulberg prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Ordered By Irish High Court To Disclose Profits From Proper No. 12 Whiskey Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos start time, fight card, TV schedule, ring walks
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis Start time, Full Fight Card Details
  • Bad Left Hook : Tyson Fury shows off ready physique ahead of Usyk fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Rampage Jackson believes Stipe Miocic beats Jon Jones: ‘I just feel like he might not have a chin’
  • MMA Mania : Chaos! Misfits Weigh-In Ends With Surprise Slap, Melee
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento prediction, pick: Will 'The Black Beast' add to his knockout record?
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC St. Louis