Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Dos Anjos vs. Fiziev

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,141
  • Post Score: 47

04.08.2022 | 4:16 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 07.09.2022 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • TV Ratings: 762,000 avg. viewers (548k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Rafael dos Anjos   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   0:18 Round 5 of 5, 20:18 Total Bout Page
Caio Borralho   defeats   Armen Petrosyan   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Said Nurmagomedov   defeats   Douglas Silva de Andrade   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chase Sherman   defeats   Jared Vanderaa   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:10 Round 3 of 3, 13:10 Total Bout Page
Aiemann Zahabi   defeats   Ricky Turcios   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamie Mullarkey   defeats   Michael Johnson   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Cody Brundage   defeats   Tresean Gore   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right to Ground Strikes   3:50 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Antonina Shevchenko   defeats   Cortney Casey   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
David Onama   defeats   Garrett Armfield   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:13 Round 2 of 3, 8:13 Total Bout Page
Kennedy Nzechukwu   defeats   Karl Roberson   via KO/TKO, Elbows From Back Mount   2:19 Round 3 of 3, 12:19 Total Bout Page
Saidyokub Kakhramonov   defeats   Ronnie Lawrence   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 35

RichOsama
RichOsama
  • Predictions:  1,806  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,197
  • Post Score: 47

07.09.2022 | 3:01 PM ET

EHero

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 295 Points   |   Tied for 3337th

Simple because he's russian and his name. I think Andrade finishes him. 
AC0293
AC0293
  • Predictions:  695  |  51.1%
  • Forum Posts:  133
  • Post Score: 29

07.09.2022 | 3:06 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 295 Points   |   Tied for 3337th

Brundage vs. Gore
Tresean Gore, DEC
I think Gore learns from his last battle with Mr Bryan Battle and shows just how good he is. Brundage seems he can't decide which weight class he wants to be in and is just way too inconsistent. Yes Cody has some good Wrestling but Tresean just isn't too shabby himself on the ground.

"Walk by Faith, not by sight."

Phoolish
Phoolish
  • Predictions:  1,318  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 73

07.09.2022 | 3:22 PM ET

Predictions

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1239th

Dos Anjos vs. Fiziev
Fiziev, DEC

Borralho vs. Petrosyan
Borralho, Submission Round 2

Nurmagomedov vs. Silva de Andrade
Nurmagomedov, Submission Round 2

Vanderaa vs. Sherman
Vanderaa, TKO Round 2

Calvillo vs. Nunes
Calvillo, DEC

Johnson vs. Mullarkey
Jamie Mullarkey, TKO, R2

Zahabi vs. Turcios
Turcios, DEC

Shevchenko vs. Casey
Shevchenko, DEC

Brundage vs. Gore
Gore, TKO, R2

Onama vs. Armfield
David Onama, TKO, R1

Nzechukwu vs. Roberson
Kennedy Nzechukwu, TKO R2

Lawrence vs. Kakhramonov
Kakhramonov, Submission Round 2

LA Mmattttt
LA Mmattttt
  • Predictions:  1,868  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  100
  • Post Score: 30

07.09.2022 | 3:24 PM ET

Nina is out of the Cynthia fight. Bummer, that was one of the best fights of the night

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2961st

According to Aaron Bronsteter, Nunes pulled out due to illness. This card is so great, that even a banger like that one being off, won't affect it that much https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1545838591334649857

* Edited at 07.09.2022, 3:56 PM ET *

"Rankings and records ain't nothing but numbers used as a marketing tool, they don't reflect the true level of abilities "

TheDeanofMean
TheDeanofMean
  • Predictions:  274  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  295
  • Post Score: 166

07.09.2022 | 3:26 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2294th

Because Andrade can beat any random regional prospect or mid-tier bantamweight, but struggles significantly against big competition. Sure, beating Marlon Vera has aged well, and Gibson is underrated, but that was before Marlon really found his love for striking. I too think Said is overrated af but he’s proven he’s a step above the average fighter 

"Who the **** is Keith?"

LA Mmattttt
LA Mmattttt

07.09.2022 | 3:28 PM ET

Can't believe people think Douglas Silva has a chance against the deadliest Dagestani (Said)

Said is by far the most dangerous Dagestani fighter in the UFC right now, with all due respect to Magomed Ankalaev. That said, he's gonna dominate Douglas Silva de Andrade, but it will be a very fun and competitive scrap, may be fight of the night. I don't see Said finishing him, because de Andrade is very tough, tho, but I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if he gets Douglas out of there 

* Edited at 07.09.2022, 3:41 PM ET *

"Rankings and records ain't nothing but numbers used as a marketing tool, they don't reflect the true level of abilities "

Noxx
Noxx
  • Predictions:  967  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,082
  • Post Score: 158

07.09.2022 | 3:32 PM ET

@LA Mmattttt

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2114th

By far the most dangerous? That's quite a statement lol

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher"

LA Mmattttt
LA Mmattttt

07.09.2022 | 3:33 PM ET

Fiziev is knocking Dos Anjos out, trust me

It will be shocking for me if Dos Anjos survives 5 rounds. He's going against a different type of striker, a very bad matchup considering RDA style, with his unilateral movements and his predictable moves. Maybe the first round or 2 will be tough for Fiziev, then he will get RDA out of there as soon as he figures him out and he stops all of his takedowns, probably late second round or third round. It this goes passed to the championship round, i will be very worried for the damage that Dos Anjos will take in this fight, and maybe will be a calling for retirement, so i hope he gets stopped quicker rather than later 

LA Mmattttt
LA Mmattttt

07.09.2022 | 3:39 PM ET

@Noxx Yes, cuz he can finish you with any limb, with wrestling from top, also dangerous front chokes

Name a Dagestani that is scrambly off of his back. Even Khabib looked like a turtle against Trujillo, when he was on his back

Also, name a Dagestani fighter in the ufc that has dangerous front chokes to counter super high level wrestlers. Said has the typical Dagestani footwork and wrestling, but on the feet I don't see no one in the division messing with him any time soon, until he fights some high-fight-iq striker with elite kicks, elite movement/footwork, and defensive wrestling, who can read Said's movements and counter him coming in or spinning, like Petr Yan or Javid Basharat

Of course we have Usman Nurmagomedov in Bellator, and he's dangerous af everywhere. But as far as the ufc goes, Said Nurmagomedov is just a different type of freak, he's very different to other Dagestanis. With all respect to Ankalaev and Muslim Salikhov, Said is just too dynamic and deadly, and he's gonna be a great top contender in matter of 1 or 2 years 

* Edited at 07.09.2022, 3:44 PM ET *

bracket
bracket
  • Predictions:  458  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,738
  • Post Score: 2

07.09.2022 | 3:44 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 330th

People picking Petrosyan and Silva Andrade πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ˜­πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ˜­πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ€‘πŸ’€πŸ˜­
This user is suspended from posting until 10 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 13 hours, and 29 minutes from now.
TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,971  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

07.09.2022 | 3:45 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 2084th

BAN

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,132  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,543
  • Post Score: 108

07.09.2022 | 3:46 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 980th

I'm actually laughing so hard rn, this dude said Nina Nunes vs Cynthia Calvillo was one of the better fights 🀣🀣😭

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Kermit
Kermit
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  595
  • Post Score: 159

07.09.2022 | 3:46 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 149th

Nzechukwu by KO/TKO & Jared Vanderaa by sub on a double @ 25/1 ain't bad. Nzechukwu is a much bigger man and could blow through Roberson - or at least TKO him across 3 rounds. Vanderaa paints his nails black to remind us of his blackbelt in BJJ, and looked real keen to learn a thing or two from Oleinik. Sherman is ripe for the submission and Venderaa wants to prove he can sub a man in the octagon after being choked. And he's at least shown a greater will to win and a few more tools in the bag than Sherman, and is the bigger and stronger man to boot.

Tough betting tonight though. Some exciting and some unreliable names on the card.
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,287  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,300
  • Post Score: 136

07.09.2022 | 3:52 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2500th

I used to fade both Emo Costa and Petrosyan number 5 but both are better than I thought always pick the striker BJJ doe not work duh.

"β€œI took no damage,” Hill said. β€œMost of the fall was me falling down"

LA Mmattttt
LA Mmattttt

07.09.2022 | 3:55 PM ET

Michael Johnson gets the win against Jamie Mullarkey, but how?

I'm very curious to know 2 things about that fight. Why so many people think Jamie will win this fight? I mean, i could see him pressure MJ against the cage and maybe getting a takedown or 2, and getting a controversial decision, that's a 10% chance, because Johnson has very good takedown defense. But other than that, this is a bad matchup for him. I'm struggling to see how he survives this fight without getting dropped or knocked out, other than taking into account how tough he is. Michael Johnson beats him by decision, but i won't be shocked if he hurts Mullarkey in the late second round or third round, and finishes him there 

* Edited at 07.09.2022, 3:55 PM ET *

TheDeanofMean
TheDeanofMean
  • Predictions:  274  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  295
  • Post Score: 166

07.09.2022 | 4:02 PM ET

LA Mmattttt

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2294th

I think Said is a good fighter and would likely beat Andrade, but you’re giving him way too much praise. He’s only had two solid wins, Cody Stamann (who likely had a really ****** weight cut) and Ricardo Ramos. Many would also argue he lost his debut against Justin Scoggins. Arman Tsarukyan is a far better Dagestani prospect than Said by a ******* mile and a half. 

"Who the **** is Keith?"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

07.09.2022 | 4:09 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 556th

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

LA Mmattttt
LA Mmattttt

07.09.2022 | 4:09 PM ET

You know what they say, ''Jesus loves knockouts'', and Tresean Gore might give him what he wants

Jokes aside, I'm very sure this fight won't go to decision, and Tresean is gonna get a knockout. I know Cody Brundage is training on a daily basis with one of the best strikers in the ufc, if not the best striker at 205 in the ufc, in Dustin Jacoby, and his striking is improving day by day. But when Tresean defends a couple takedowns or gets up from the ground, i don't see what Cody can do on the feet for 15 minutes, or idek if he can survive for more than 10 minutes standing up against a dangerous striker like Tresean, who has very precise striking and lowkey technical moves overall

Tresean reminds me a lot to Jared Cannonier, a solid fighter with powerful and technical hooks, also just as tough and almost as wellrounded as Jared (who by the way is currently his training partner). Definitely his takedown defense will be tested in this fight against a very good wrestler like Brundage, who btw has good jiu jitsu too, improving striking, and a guy training in one of the best gyms in the world (Factory x) with very high-level training partners (Anthony Smith, Josh Fremdt, among many others)

* Edited at 07.09.2022, 4:10 PM ET *

Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

07.09.2022 | 4:23 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1146th

Everyone made weight.

LA Mmattttt
LA Mmattttt

07.09.2022 | 4:32 PM ET

Arman Tsarukyan is not Dagestani, he doesn't even fight or look like one @TheDeanofMean

Also, Stamann to this day still says it's the best version of himself ever, the best shape he's been in, and the most prepared he's been for any fight, when he fought Said. Stamann is in his prime right now: You saw him giving Merab one of his toughest fights months prior to fighting Nurmagomedov, then you see him later finishing Eddie Wineland easily, and you will see him dominating a lot of dudes in his next couple fights, he's a very tough fight for anyone considering how solid he is (tough, durable, wellrounded, and hard to finish)

Page 35

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : β€˜Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone β€˜F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : β€˜Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya β€˜Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates β€˜piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusationsΒ 
  • Bad Left Hook : β€˜I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski calls Jose Aldo featherweight GOAT ahead of UFC 301: 'He's how a champion should be'
  • MMA Mania : β€˜12 Gauge’ Unloads On β€˜Piece Of Sβ€”t’ Danis After Alleged Affair Claims
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey writing script for her own Netflix biopic, no longer expected to star in film
  • MMAFighting.com : Oscar De La Hoya β€˜definitely going to sue’ Canelo Alvarez for defamation after explosive claims
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 4: Jose Aldo, Alexandre Pantoja hang with soccer legend
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith insists there's no personal beef with UFC champ Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : β€˜Beast’ Mode! Khamzat Now Training With β€˜MVP’
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Merab Dvalishvili dig grave for Sean O’Malley, issue UFC 306 challenge