Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Aldo

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,014
  • Post Score: 47

08.25.2021 | 3:52 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 12.04.2021 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • TV Ratings: 592,000 avg. viewers (400k prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
José Aldo   defeats   Rob Font   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Brad Riddell   via KO/TKO, Wheel Kick   2:20 Round 3 of 3, 12:20 Total Bout Page
Jamahal Hill   defeats   Jimmy Crute   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   0:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Clay Guida   defeats   Leonardo Santos   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:21 Round 2 of 3, 6:21 Total Bout Page
Chris Curtis   defeats   Brendan Allen   via KO/TKO, Punches and Knees   1:58 Round 2 of 3, 6:58 Total Bout Page
Alex Morono   defeats   Mickey Gall   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Duško Todorović   defeats   Maki Pitolo   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:34 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Manel Kape   defeats   Zhalgas Zhumagulov   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bryan Barberena   defeats   Darian Weeks   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Cheyanne Vlismas   defeats   Mallory Martin   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
William Knight   defeats   Alonzo Menifield   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Claudio Puelles   defeats   Chris Gruetzemacher   via Submission, Kneebar   3:25 Round 3 of 3, 13:25 Total Bout Page
Vince Morales   defeats   Louis Smolka   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 44

bracket
bracket
  • Predictions:  458  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,738
  • Post Score: 2

12.04.2021 | 4:27 PM ET

5k LOL

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 1 Perfect, 75 Points   |   Tied for 3664th

Chill ladies ... I won BIG BIG BIG when McTapper broke his anckle...

And I DONT BELIEVE there's not a single person here that didn't make at least 10k on UFC 268 .. Alex Pereira, Ian Garry and Vera LOCK LOCK LOCK Easiest money of my life, I was not even worried when I made a 4k bet on these 3 guys
This user is suspended from posting until 10 years, 5 months, 4 days, 7 hours, and 51 seconds from now.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.04.2021 | 4:29 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 539th

@Bracket gambling just isn't an intelligent way of making money make money. I'm not advocating that you don't do it.  More power to you.
PickMeister
PickMeister
  • Predictions:  92  |  91.3%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 127

12.04.2021 | 4:30 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 3066th

IF I WAS A MILLIONAIRE I WOULD BET 5 K AND CENT ON A FIGHT AND THEN I WOULD BUY YOUR WIFE. HAVE HER DO MY LAUNDRY. BRACKET IS A MILLIONAIRE HE GETS IT

"Bellator commentary makes me want to kill myself"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

12.04.2021 | 4:36 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2007th

****. The more money ive made in life the cheaper ive become lol. I would never put that much money on a fight because of the principle and absolute waste. But i am more of a self made person then someone who was given, so that has more to do with the mentality of wasting money. Generally speaking of course.

Gamblings just not my thing......

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

bracket
bracket

12.04.2021 | 4:47 PM ET

Lets just say Im very aware of my finances, im not a dumb 15yo kid who thinks hes gonna become a milli with gambling I WOULD NEVER bet what I cant lose, I dont even touch on my paychecks, I have a bank acc just for gambling LOL and its not bad ... if I lose 5k today it wont be the end of the world ... in a week from now i Know for a fact Im making more than 5k With Amanda and dustin so .....
This user is suspended from posting until 10 years, 5 months, 4 days, 7 hours, and 51 seconds from now.
FireFist45
FireFist45
  • Predictions:  5,870  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,137
  • Post Score: 163

12.04.2021 | 4:53 PM ET

@Bracket -- $5k bet ...I LOVE IT !!!

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 1109th

YOLO !!!  Live on the edge brother....  the adrenaline pumping thru those veins and you will be sweating those two fights !!  
Would I pick those fights ?  Nope  because one of those are my upset fight of the night.  

There will be at least 3 UPSETS on this card... 

A lot of heartbreak... I love it !!!

Remember -- Scared money... don't make money !  
bracket
bracket

12.04.2021 | 4:58 PM ET

Scared money ? AHAHAHAHAH

Dude If I lose, I lose, it sucks but i cant do nothing about it, life goes on ....

But we'll see after the fights , maybe ur losing some money today ... who knows ...
FergboyMMA
FergboyMMA
  • Predictions:  803  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  345
  • Post Score: 270

12.04.2021 | 4:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2507th

Font vs. Aldo
José Aldo, DEC
This will be a true tit-for-tat fight. Aldo and Font in the first 3 rounds will go to Jose by a very narrow margin. His boxing offense and all around defense will be the difference maker. Look for Aldo to rip to the liver ducking under Font's straights. Leg kicks will also be a factor. Aldo does gas out, and Font may take over in round 5. But Jose's work in the majority of the rounds will win him a fairly unsurprising decision. He may even mix in a takedown or two, who knows. 48-47/49-46 Aldo. .

Fiziev vs. Riddell
Rafael Fiziev, DEC
I've typed a lot, so I'm just going to say Brad has a striking disadvantage and a wrestling advantage. Fiziev is much faster than Mullarkey who pieced Riddell up.

Crute vs. Hill
Jimmy Crute, DEC
Path to least resistance, wrestle. Crute should without a single doubt look to grapple or at least stall this match a bit. Standing with Hill isn't a good idea. Hill has sizzling speed and power, but I see Crute outsmarting him in a dull fight over the course of 15 minutes.

Guida vs. Santos
Leonardo Santos, DEC
Not as one-sided as people may think. Guida arguably beat Mark O. Madsen. Yes, he's certainly not in his prime. But he's still 'good' and is competing at a high level. Santos is a veteran, and has rattled off a ton of UFC wins. Grant Dawson threw the right shots at the right time, as Leonardo was looking great in that one. Santos in my opinion beats Guida, but I wouldn't be too bewildered to see it go Guida.

Allen vs. Curtis
Brendan Allen, SUB, R2
Curtis needs that home run knockout. When Phil Hawes is smacking you around making you look like a punching bag, it doesn't give me good signs. Allen is better everywhere, and will not underestimate Curtis like Hawes did. He pieces him up, then chokes him out. Chris will make Allen look ready for Adesanya.

Morono vs. Gall
Alex Morono, DEC
Gall is okay. Nothing to write home about. Decent enough striking, overrated jiu-jitsu, and bad cardio. Morono is much better, while he's also nothing to write home about. Crisper hands that are actually good compared to more people than just Mickey, much better patience and cardio, and even grappling. Yes, I know that is a surprise since apparently Gall is some jiu-jitsu ace. I believe he will mix it up and use his patience plus experience to dominate rounds 2-3. Gall is a top 10 level fighter in round 1, but everything proceeding is just mediocre.

Pitolo vs. Todorović
Maki Pitolo, TKO, R1
Who is the tastier out of the two pieces of dog ****? That's this fight. And I think Maki is definitely better. Crisp boxing, and that's about it. Lost in more reasonable fashion, and actually isn't that horrible. Dusko IS that horrible. Little guy thinks his head movement is equivalent to Roy Jones Jr, and fights so ****ily. His defense is atrocious, and Maki will smash him with a coconut bomb right as he slips.

Zhumagulov vs. Kape
Manel Kape
Kape is one of the best fighters in the current 125 landscape. That's why I get so pissed off that he is so tentative. If it wasn't for him giving away rounds with next to no volume, I'd be picking somebody in a title fight involving him. When he does throw, it's fast and hard. Zhalgas doesn't have a clear path, but I think it'll be competitive. One extra comment; I hate when people cry robbery about Kape's fdirst two UFC fights, including Kape himself. You can't expect to win a decision from these judges when you coast for 78% of the round.

Barberena vs. Weeks
Bryan Barberena, TKO, R1
Weeks is a can crusher. Boom Boom snaps his skid via 1st round knockout.

Martin vs. Vlismas
Mallory Martin, SUB, R2
I hate Cheyanne. Dumping your husband because he got cut is such a gold digger move. But being biased isn't a mistake I'd like to make again, so I won't underestimate her. She's not terrible, an explosive fast kickboxer. And Mallory getting dropped and 10-7ed against Vanessa Melo is ******* concerning if I want her to win this. But what else is even more concerning is Conejo doing the same throw against Cheyanne like 10 times and winning dominantly. So I say Martin wins this. Rear naked choke, like she beat Melo.

Menifield vs. Knight
Alonzo Menifield, DEC
Alonzo and William are both steroid munching, power throwing, meatheads who have no essence of technique. Alonzo actually showed he had some patience last time out against Ed Herman, and I think that'll be the difference maker. Alonzo will probably just out point his opponent and will be countering all day. Knight and Menifield will go the distance in my opinion, respecting each other's power.

Puelles vs. Gruetzemacher
Claudio Puelles, DEC
Puelles is more well rounded and technical in all areas. Gritz is a tough and mean fighter, but he's very much a war of attrition kind of guy. He rips shots and is willing a bit too much to take 2 to give 1, and I think he puts on a valiant effort in route to a decision loss. Puelles beats him slightly area and it builds up over time.

Smolka vs. Morales
Louis Smolka, SUB, R2
Smolka is a hot and cold fighter. Somedays he looks like he could give the champ a run for his money, and some days he's just flat. Vince isn't horrible, but very forgettable as he doesn't do anything good and doesn't have a single special skill. Not bad, just incredibly average. And Smolka wins no matter what version shows up. A veteran and finisher at times. I'll go for a D'arce, round 2-3.

"If you jingle my bells, you will have a white Christmas, "

MattyViceGrip
MattyViceGrip
  • Predictions:  8,157  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,036
  • Post Score: 236

12.04.2021 | 5:02 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 2955th

Jake Matthews vs Wells is off

* Edited at 12.04.2021, 5:03 PM ET *

"Pound for Pound! Headshot, dead!"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

12.04.2021 | 5:10 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 345 Points   |   Tied for 2608th

"Quack quack quack"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

12.04.2021 | 5:12 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1753rd

That’s a lot of finishes Duck, I hope you’re right!

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

FireFist45
FireFist45

12.04.2021 | 5:13 PM ET

I will give you a Guarantee.... @Bracket

Listen closely.........

I will be making money tonight, I guarantee ! ** in Foghorn Leghorn voice

* Edited at 12.04.2021, 5:14 PM ET *

ThePITBULL
ThePITBULL
  • Predictions:  175  |  54.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

12.04.2021 | 5:21 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 611th

No way Font gets a decision. Aldo will go out on his shield. 

Also Font doesn’t check leg kicks and Aldo loves to throw them. 
Something to consider.

"your path in life is determined by the choices YOU make"..

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

12.04.2021 | 5:30 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1525th

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

bracket
bracket

12.04.2021 | 5:31 PM ET

yoo chill Prediction King Of The Upsets

ur that of guy that bets against valentina and amanda every time they fight hoping for an upset AHAHAHAH fcking loser ahahah
Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

12.04.2021 | 5:33 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 84th

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

FireFist45
FireFist45

12.04.2021 | 5:36 PM ET

@bracket .... I never bet against them.  I love Valentina as soon as she stepped into the UFC.  I like Amanda Nunes too -- she is the GOAT at women's mma. 

What are you talkin about ?

you sound frazzled... ??   Relax my dude - pain is not here yet !   LOL
FireFist45
FireFist45

12.04.2021 | 5:39 PM ET

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,056
  • Post Score: 88

12.04.2021 | 5:43 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 555 Points   |   354th Place

Pitbull that is definitely gonna be fonts shortcoming but Aldo hasn’t thrown nearly the same amount of kicks he used to 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

mgdlite
mgdlite
  • Predictions:  2,375  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 200

12.04.2021 | 6:06 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 1054th

The problem I see with Also is that he's content to sit back and counter punch instead of pressuring and throwing first sometimes so he is predictable in that sense. Also does have all the tools to put it on Font, but he doesn't always use his full potential.

Page 44

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55