Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Vieira vs. Tate

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,016
  • Post Score: 47

08.02.2021 | 10:39 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 11.20.2021 at 03:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Vieira vs. Tate
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 43
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Ketlen Vieira   defeats   Miesha Tate   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Sean Brady   defeats   Michael Chiesa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Taila Santos   defeats   Joanne Wood   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Rani Yahya   defeats   Kyung Ho Kang   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Adrian Yanez   defeats   Davey Grant   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Pat Sabatini   defeats   Tucker Lutz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rafa García   defeats   Natan Levy   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lupita Godinez   defeats   Loma Lookboonmee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Cody Durden   defeats   Aoriqileng   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Shayilan Nuerdanbieke   defeats   Sean Soriano   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Luana Pinheiro   defeats   Sam Hughes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 3

magestratu
magestratu
  • Predictions:  253  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  126
  • Post Score: 149

11.14.2021 | 4:19 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 3206th

Guys, do you think Ketlen Viera ground game is strong enough to hold Miesha Tate there and beat her ? 
Or do you think Miesha Tate tdd defence will hold and her footwork will be too fast for K.V. ?
dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22
  • Predictions:  1,972  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  186

11.14.2021 | 4:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 1624th

García vs. Levy
Natan Levy, DEC
taking the favorite here not sure if either fighter got alot of pop in their hands.

dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22

11.14.2021 | 5:21 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Chiesa vs. Brady
Sean Brady, SUB, R2
4 of 5 of chiesa's losses have come by submission after his will has been broken. i think brady will break his will and add to that stat.

DelinquentMMA
DelinquentMMA
  • Predictions:  2,148  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  278
  • Post Score: 229

11.14.2021 | 5:35 PM ET

Chiesa

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 2962nd

Haven't really done any research on this match up yet, but Chiesa at (+130)  seems great

"Delinquent MMA"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

11.14.2021 | 6:31 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1389th

I think people are discrediting Loopy because of her last fight against Luana Carolina, She took the fight a division above on 7 day notice, She shouldn't of took the fight, She was in a disadvantage, She is 1-2 in the UFC because of taking the fight, Now she at least fighting a girl she slighly bigger then, instead of a girl with a 15lb weight advantage, That 15lb is huge for the wresling in that fight, Now I think she wresle**** Loma

I also find it funny how I got hate and spam disliked for saying this before the fight, Now the same people think she suck because she lost to Luana Carolina, Who ain't good, But she was 15lb bigger, If the Luana Carolian fight didn't happen, The majority of people would be picking Loopy

"Quack quack quack"

AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,499  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,798
  • Post Score: 144

11.14.2021 | 7:14 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 978th

Loopy is cute so I'll hope she will wrestle and go with a decision win

"I've lost 7000€ on Jared Cannonier."

dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22

11.14.2021 | 7:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Lookboonmee vs. Godinez
Loma Lookboonmee, DEC
i think lookboonmee will out volume godinez in route to a decision

fightbreakdown
fightbreakdown
  • Predictions:  255  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

11.14.2021 | 9:01 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 725th

Yahya vs. Kang
Rani Yahya, DEC
2 year layoff for KANG

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,056
  • Post Score: 88

11.14.2021 | 9:28 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3111th

loopy is really good its just that Loma is a phenomenal striker who is also pretty hard to take down, which is mainly loopys game

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,115  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10,536
  • Post Score: 109

11.14.2021 | 9:50 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2627th

I really like Lutz as an underdog going to have to watch a little more film but he is a lot bigger than Sabatini and if he keeps it on the feet Sabatini won't be able to hang imo.

Holy goodness I need to rethink a lot of my picks Wood, Chiesa massive underdogs... Brady is not all that crazy and Wood arguably beat Lauren Murphy and Kaitlin Chookagian.

* Edited at 11.14.2021, 9:58 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Volatyle
Volatyle
  • Predictions:  495  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  153
  • Post Score: 58

11.14.2021 | 10:14 PM ET

Vol's Picks

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1007th

Close Fights : Nuerdanbieke/Soriano, Durden/Aori
Last Chance : Hughes, Garcia

Taking challenges so send em on over
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.15.2021 | 12:09 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Vieira vs. Tate
Miesha Tate, DEC
Idrk about this one. Both actually have negative strike differentials, but I would say Vieira is probably the better striker. She also has a 92% tdd, which is going to be a problem because Tate is going to want to take this to the ground. Vieira's tdd is also legit as she has fought really good wrestlers like Sara McMann. Tate looked really good in her comeback fight, but it was against a very washed Marion Reneau. I will say it was impressive that she became the first fighter to finish Marion, but it still doesn't show me how much she improved during her retirement. Vieira has shown in the past that she has struggled against higher level fighters, so this is another step up in competition. This fight will also end up on the ground, as Vieira is a pretty good grappler, however Tate is definitely better on the ground. I really dont like how vierra fought last fight, as she barely threw any strikes and just tried to grapple the entire fight. Kunitskaya is pretty bad on the ground but destroyed her in the striking category. Im not super confident in Tate, but viera hasn't shown me anything super impressive.

Chiesa vs. Brady
Michael Chiesa, DEC
Chiesa as an underdog reminds me of the Joel Alvarez +200 line last week. I know he had a very disappointing performance at 265, but people have to realize that Vicente Luque truly is elite, and also has an exceptional ground game. That being said, Chiesa does have a tendency to get himself submitted, losing 4 times. Sean Brady has been exceptional so far in the Ufc; hes fought some solid competition already, but this is such a massive step up that I dont understand why hes favorite. Again, yes Chiesa didn't have the greatest performance, but hes still very good. He flirted with the top 5 at lightweight, and just lost his first fight at WW. His boxing has improved a lot since moving up, and this is definitely the right weight class for him. He also has this innate ability to get his opponent to the ground no matter what. He is an exceptional wrestler and despite only being a purple belt, he has a really good bjj game; hes even subbed beneiel dariush. Brady is no joke on the ground too, being a pretty high level black belt. I think he could definitely sub Chiesa but hes not as dangerous on the ground as Luque is (if that makes sense) so I dont think it will be as easy for him as people think. He does have a 100% tdd, but even if Chiesa cant take him down, this fight is 100% ending up on the ground so that shouldn't be too big of a worry.

Yahya vs. Kang
Kyung Ho Kang, DEC
This fight is going to take a lot of time on the ground. Both guys are bjj fighters who really want to get the fight to the ground. On the feet, kang will have a sizeable 5 inch reach advantage, and he also has the better tdd by a mile, standing at 71%. Yayha on the other hand, has a terrible tdd of 24%, but this is because he is nasty on the ground. He has 21/27 wins by sub, however, I dont think he will sub kang here as he is much better on the ground than most of yahya's other opponents. I dont like that kang hasn't fought since 2019 but at least he is the much younger fighter.

Wood vs. Santos
Taila Santos, DEC
Calderwood has been really inconsistent in the ufc. She's fought some really tough competition, but has never been able to get a good win streak going. Santos is very much a developing fighter, but she has been looking more and more impressive each fight. She had a very underwhelming performance against borello, but I heard her say that debut nerves threw her off her game. She is a very good striker, but can also control opponents very well. Calderwood's weakness is takedowns, and taila Santos has really been content to grapple with her opponents recently.

Yanez vs. Grant
Davey Grant, DEC
Im so excited for this fight. I really like Davey but I think this will be a hard fight for him. Yanez has exceptional striking, his jab is his best weapon but he also throws some nasty kicks and body punches. He also sports a 100% tdd. While he is on a nice win streak, Davey is by far the best fighter he has fought. Davey has a great chin, and despite being a bjj player, he has very underrated striking. He has this nasty body shot to left hook combo that has slept multiple people. Its very awkward to predict because he throws it lightning fast. While yanez has a 100% tdd, he hasn't really fought anyone who can wrestle. While I feel like Davey will be content to strike with yanez, he can grapple very well and has a very good ground game. I think this fight wil be a war, but I think daveys grappling will make the difference here and we will see how good yanez tdd really is. (also I know I seid Davey was gonna lose on an earlier post, but after thinking about it and watching tape I think he can do it)

Lutz vs. Sabatini
Pat Sabatini, SUB, R1
Both these guys had their opponents step out, so they are fighting each other now. Lutz is on a really impressive 12 fight win streak, but he hasn't really impressed me. This is by far the toughest opponent hes ever fought. Sabatini has been nothing short of a stud since coming to the Ufc; he destroyed Connelly on both the feet and the ground, and despite getting dropped early, he was able to recover and get a nasty heel hook against emmers. Sabatini's striking needs some work, but its not terrible. where he excels is the ground; He is NASTY on the ground with a bjj black belt, D1 wrestler at penn state, and a gold medalist at the pan am. If he gets the fight to the ground, it will be over for lutz.

García vs. Levy
Natan Levy, SUB, R3
Natan Levy is such an exciting fighter to watch. He has a karate style where he will throw crazy kicks and everything he throws has bad intentions with it. His best work comes on the ground; levy is very physically strong and when he gets opponents down, they usually do not get up. His ground work is so interesting because he doesn't rush anything he does, but he can explode if his opponent tries to get up. He is also incredibly well conditioned, as he took a fight on 4 days notice and dominated his opponent on contender series. He also has an insane chin; in his fight with ben lugo, he got totally hammered and despite barely being able to stand, was able to land a perfect takedown and save himself from a 10-8 round. Garcia is pretty solid everywhere, but his strengths lie in his grappling. He does have very bad cardio too. He slowed down a little in the haqparast fight, but then completely shut down against Chris gruetzmacher. Levy will be the fresher fighter as the fight goes on and will break Rafa down.

Lookboonmee vs. Godinez
Loma Lookboonmee, DEC
Loopy is staying active yet again. She is mostly a grappler and is very aggressive. Loma is one of the best strikers in the division. Being a former Muay Thai champ and training at tiger Muay Thai, its going to be hard for loopy to trade with her. Loma also has a surprisingly good takedown defense, but it will be tested against loopy. I could honestly see this fight going any way and I will probably switch my pick back and forth.

McKinney vs. Ziam
Terrance McKinney, TKO, R1
Cannot wait for this one. Ziam is a really good kickboxer. He uses his height and reach to his advantage and plays rangy kickboxing. He also pairs this with a very good takedown defense. However, when you do take him down he will not get back up. Even in fights hes won, hes been controlled for a lot of the fight and it almost caused a draw in his last fight against Luigi vendramini. Mckinney may be the most explosive fighter in the ufc. Everything he does is fast and powerful, from his striking to his wrestling. I think this fight is going to be similar to his fight against Sean Woodson; he is going to be at a slight reach disadvantage but a pretty significant height disadvantage, and like the Woodson fight, I think he is going to use his wrestling and he should be able to take ziam down pretty easily as he is incredibly strong. I would not be surprised if he knocks ziam out on the feet either. One thing I dont like about McKinney is sometimes hes a little too explosive; like when he throws his high kick, he throws it with so much force he falls off balance. he also doesn't really have great striking defense. If you watch pretty much any of his fights he is literally going to explode towards his opponent. Luckily, Ziam isn't a super powerful puncher, but McKinney will have to be careful.

Durden vs. Aori
Qileng Aori, DEC
this is one of the harder fights to call on this card. Durden has looked pretty good so far in the Ufc but has yet to come up with a win. Hes a really explosive striker and he likes to rush in and blitz guys with punches and then work a takedown. Hes also a very good wrestler, he was able to take Chris Gutierrez down and get a 10-8 round on him. Unfortunately he did gas and it caused the fight to draw. He also was putting the heat on jimmy flick before getting caught in a crazy flying triangle. Aori Qileng showed that he is a pretty well rounded fight, despite losing. He is super durable and I have no idea how he didn't get ko'ed by Jeff molina. he also showed that he can wrestle pretty well and that he has good cardio. I think the first round will be tough, as burden is likely going to come at him fast and go straight to the wrestling, but aori is going to be very hard to put away.

Nuerdanbieke vs. Soriano
Sean Soriano, TKO, R2
Nuerdanbeike didn't really impress me all that much. He didn't throw a lot of strikes and instead decided to go to the wrestling. He was able to take a round against culibao with the wrestling. For Soriano, he has improved a lot since his first tenure. He looked pretty good against giagos, even managed to hurt him, but unfortunately he got caught in a sub. Sorianos weakness is his ground game, as his takedown defense sits at a pretty bad 53%. Granted, he has faced some solid wrestlers but still, he is going to have to watch out as nuerdanbeike is going to attempt a lot of takedowns. On the feet, Soriano has all the advantage and probably gets a knockout. However, I dont think the line should be this wide.

Pinheiro vs. Hughes
Luana Pinheiro, DEC
pinheiro is a really aggressive fighter. she likes to stand and bang on the feet and has some really nasty hip tosses. One thing that worries me is her gas tank as all but one fight of hers has gone to decision. She looked good in her last performance but was a ***** for taking the funk master way out when she could have easily won that fight the normal way. I feel like Hughes just isn't Ufc ready yet, however, this is definitely a step down in competition.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.15.2021 | 12:11 AM ET

@delinquent

I fully agree, that pick reminds me of Alvarez last week. Chiesa is too big of a step up in competition for Brady to be favorite. People dont realize how good Luque is and would rather focus on the fact that Chiesa got subbed

* Edited at 11.15.2021, 12:11 AM ET *

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

11.15.2021 | 12:14 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1941st

I think you can throw out the Chiesa-Luque fight. Chiesa got within inches of finishing it himself, and got reversed in a wild scramble. Fun fight, but almost more of one of those Chael Sonnen fastest escape competitions. I wouldn’t try to take too many lessons away from it. 

All that said I think Sean Brady is for real, and I can just picture this fight ending in an arm triangle choke. Dude is a gorilla. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.15.2021 | 1:16 AM ET

Yeah plus chiesa could 1000% get caught in a sub, I mean ******* masvidal has a sub win against him. But I think this is such a massive step up in competition. He beat 4 unranked guys to now fighting the number 6 guy who has been ranked pretty much his entire career and has been has high as the top 5 in two divisions. Also keep in mind Brady would have fought an undersized Kevin lee who hadn’t won since 2019. Don’t get me wrong it will be competitive and hey maybe he wins, but it’s gonna be a big challenge. Chiesa will test his grappling and tdd like no one else has

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,799  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,187
  • Post Score: 192

11.15.2021 | 1:25 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 435th

Chiesa vs. Brady
Sean Brady, DEC
Chiesa is a great fighter, very dangerous on the ground, despite being subdued against Luque he was very close to achieving victory with the rear-naked choke. But I consider Brady a real prospect: he possesses an underrated striking, an incredible level of BJJ where he always prioritizes position over submission, as well as being able to take the fight to the ground without exposing his neck. I think Brady will keep the fight standing and take advantage of his striking volume and higher KO power. Chiesa has good boxing fundamentals, but after his category change he has seen very little fighting standing up and I think Brady will be much more difficult to take down than Magny or RDA.

Wood vs. Santos
Taila Santos, SUB, R1
The 18 months out after her loss to Mara Romero Borella made Taila Santos a very different fighter with excellent ground level. I had my doubts about Santos due to her level of opposition prior to her fight at DWCS, but against Robertson it proved that her grappling was legitimate and against Modafferi she proved to have a great Fight IQ. From my point of view this fight between a rising fighter versus a fighter who I doubt will ever be anywhere near the title shot spot again. Weakness on Ground has been a constant in JoJo's career and for this fight I can see a victory by first round rear-naked choke in favor of Taila Santos

Nuerdanbieke vs. Soriano
Sean Soriano, TKO, R2
Soriano looked great against Giagos, but in the second round when he looked for a takedown he ended up getting caught in a D'Arce Choke. As long as he manages to prevent Nuerdanbieke from taking him to the ground he has in his favor. I think the fifth fight will be the one for Soriano, maybe Soriano is 0-4 in the UFC but all of his losses have been against difficult opponents like Skelly or Giagos. Dreams come true: on November 20, Soriano will get his first victory in the UFC!

"Moicano Wants Money!"

dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22

11.15.2021 | 6:46 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Lutz vs. Sabatini
Pat Sabatini, SUB, R2
i think sabatini might be harder to control on the mat. big percentage of sabatini takers are choosing him by sub i'll go with that this time.

dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22

11.15.2021 | 7:19 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Wood vs. Santos
Taila Santos, TKO, R3
i'll take the stronger younger fighter in santos. i think wood will be banking on a decision win which is dangerous with a girl that can k.o. to get you out of the fight.

njrp77
njrp77
  • Predictions:  3,883  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  471
  • Post Score: 200

11.15.2021 | 8:11 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 353rd

"Chiesa as an underdog reminds me of the Joel Alvarez +200 line last week."

Joel Alvarez is not comparable to Chiesa, Chiesa has no striking skills at all

* Edited at 11.15.2021, 8:14 AM ET *

njrp77
njrp77
  • Predictions:  3,883  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  471
  • Post Score: 200

11.15.2021 | 8:14 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 353rd

Sean Brady, Adrian Yanez +130

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves