Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Silva

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,214
  • Post Score: 47

08.13.2020 | 11:31 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 10.31.2020 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Silva
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 12
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Uriah Hall   defeats   Anderson Silva   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:24 Round 4 of 5, 16:24 Total Bout Page
Bryce Mitchell   defeats   Andre Fili   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Greg Hardy   defeats   Maurice Greene   via KO/TKO, Power Jab to Ground and Pound   1:12 Round 2 of 3, 6:12 Total Bout Page
Kevin Holland   defeats   Charlie Ontiveros   via KO/TKO, Verbal Submission (neck Injury Via Slam)   2:39 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Thiago Moisés   defeats   Bobby Green   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Hernandez   defeats   Chris Gruetzemacher   via KO/TKO, Hooks   1:46 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Adrian Yanez   defeats   Victor Rodriguez   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   2:46 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean Strickland   defeats   Jack Marshman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jason Witt   defeats   Cole Williams   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   2:09 Round 2 of 3, 7:09 Total Bout Page
Dustin Jacoby   defeats   Justin Ledet   via KO/TKO, Leg Kicks and Punches   2:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Miles Johns   defeats   Kevin Natividad   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   2:51 Round 3 of 3, 12:51 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 5

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

10.27.2020 | 6:28 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 1584th

@fish he definitely is in the discussion.

Silva, khabib, Gsp, Adesanya, and Jon Jones are all in the discussion.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.27.2020 | 6:47 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 3094th

Nobody who has lost their last 7 straight fights and arguably the last 8 is in the GOAT discussion.

You people are ridiculous.

Jones is the GOAT.

* Edited at 10.27.2020, 6:48 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, 15 hours, and 1 minute from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

10.27.2020 | 6:50 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 1584th

He's at the end of his career fish. Doesn't diminish his accomplishments. But I'd agree Jones is definitely the goat if anyone is.
BetAgainstMe2Win
BetAgainstMe2Win
  • Predictions:  530  |  56.2%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 230

10.27.2020 | 8:32 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 2374th

Hall vs. Silva
Uriah Hall, TKO, R1
Hall has been a bust for the most part when I don't fade him. But a 45 year old Silva on the way out is someone I can't lay chalk on.

Mitchell vs. Fili
Bryce Mitchell, SUB, R1
Picking up where he left off against Rosa.

Muradov vs. Holland
Makhmud Muradov, TKO, R2
immigrant mentality.

Hardy vs. Greene
Greg Hardy, SUB, R2
Hardy uses garbage time against an exhausted and mentally checked out Maurice Green to display his "submission game" he's been working on. Although it's ugly in technique and to the eyes it'll still get a tap from Greene. OOOOOOOOH the irony.

Green vs. Moisés
Bobby Green, TKO, R2
Bobby Green lands clean and just does enough to make Moises turtle up and follow's up with GnP.

Hernandez vs. Gruetzemacher
Alexander Hernandez, SUB, R1
Hernandez will be crushing people who he should be crushing until he sees ranked fighters again. Then fade him there.

Yanez vs. Rodriguez
Adrian Yanez, TKO, R1
Don't blink in this potential FOTN.

Casey vs. Cachoeira
Cortney Casey, SUB, R1
Zombie girl dives face first into her grave that is Casey's guard. Get's triangle choked/armbarred.

HiDefff
HiDefff

10.27.2020 | 8:39 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 390th

Bryce finally gets his camo shorts 
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

10.27.2020 | 9:17 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 1030th

Jones fails drug tests every other fight, and suddenly looks human (arguably losing to Gustafsson, Santos, and Reyes). He might have GOAT talent, but he's not putting together a GOAT career, which is kind of half of the title. Allen Iverson might have had the skills to win six rings, but Jordan actually did it.

I'd put GSP and Khabib over Jones. Then it's Jones vs Silva for #3.

* Edited at 10.27.2020, 9:20 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.27.2020 | 9:32 PM ET

I will go to my grave believing Jones lost to Reyes, but he didn't lose either of the Gustavson fights. PEDS are a big deal but they're not the be all and end all. 

Adesanya will probably enter the GOAT discussion imminently. 
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, 15 hours, and 1 minute from now.
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

10.27.2020 | 9:54 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 1030th

I forget how I had those fights scored. But IMO it hurts the GOAT convo if a guy is suddenly winning split decisions every time out, when guys like Khabib/GSP/Silva went years without losing single rounds. We know Jones is good enough. But between the suspensions and these close fights where he looks bored and tired, he's not really pulling ahead right now.
phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,863  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

10.27.2020 | 10:08 PM ET

no such thing as a goat

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 705 Points   |   88th Place

time changes things, the sport evolves. i think the goat conversation is non-sensical and ridiculous. 

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.27.2020 | 10:10 PM ET

Really all GOAT discussions are stupid because fighters get better over time. It's very, very rarely the case that a fighters 2-5 and beyond generations prior to whoever the of-the-minute GOATS are would actually beat them.

There are some exceptions ( for example HW Boxers are currently pretty trash and none of them would have beaten the 90's greats like Holyfield, Lewis etc and they sure have **** wouldn't have beaten guys like Ali, Foreman,Shavers and Frazier in their primes) but yeah, that is just the way the universe tends to bend. A question I like to ask in GOAT discussions is not only whether so and so old timer would have beaten the current champ, but if they had the same access to training, drugs, diets, facilities etc if that  would happen.

It's no different than swimming or any other athletic contest. That's why world records get broken all the time. It's a continuum. Today's GOATS are, 99% of the time, going to be eclipsed. Even debutante UFC fighters are generally far more skilled than the majority of Champs and top 5'ers who ruled the roost as little as ten years ago.

* Edited at 10.27.2020, 10:14 PM ET *

Vjm720
Vjm720
  • Predictions:  99  |  72.7%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 200

10.27.2020 | 10:43 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 1038th

Thug nasty gonna get that second career twister.

"All about the parlays."

Garufran
Garufran
  • Predictions:  38  |  55.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 186

10.27.2020 | 10:46 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 3046th

Mitchell vs. Fili
Bryce Mitchell, SUB, R1
Bryce Mitchell submission any round(inside the distance)

Vjm720
Vjm720
  • Predictions:  99  |  72.7%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 200

10.27.2020 | 10:50 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 1038th

"All about the parlays."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,562
  • Post Score: 262

10.27.2020 | 10:55 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1432nd

Reyes beat jones in the same way Holloway beat Volk and Joanna beat Rose in their second bouts, Romero beat Izzy, Joanna beat Weill, Wonderboy beat Woodley  and many more example, Is that the judge score close rounds for champs  and that the thing I hate most about MMA. The only exception is the cejudo vs the not so mighty rat and I respect the judge for scoring that fight right

"Quack quack quack"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.27.2020 | 11:56 PM ET

Cortney Casey   vs.   Priscila Cachoeira
Not you, Sub (boredom) R3.  

You know, I'm starting to believe that Shelby is a member of this forum, reads my predictions, and is very successfully trolling me. This fight--which really everybody wants as much as they do a flotsam bandaid sticking to their upper lip whilst swimming in a public pool, is going to be worse than drinking a cup of tahini with pubes stirred through it.

* Edited at 10.27.2020, 11:57 PM ET *

im uh kick
im uh kick
  • Predictions:  338  |  49.4%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 232

10.28.2020 | 7:43 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2786th

https://www.tapology.com/ue/71817-2024006.png
im uh kick
im uh kick
  • Predictions:  338  |  49.4%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 232

10.28.2020 | 7:46 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2786th

PREDICTION PTS
Hall  |  Decision 0
Mitchell  |  Decision 0
Holland  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2 0
Hardy  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1 0
Green  |  Decision 0
Gruetzemacher  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1 0
Yanez  |  Decision 0
Marshman  |  Decision 0
Williams  |  Submission  |  Round 3 0
Ledet  |  Decision 0
Casey  |  Decision 0
Johns  |  Decision
Messymarve88
Messymarve88
  • Predictions:  1,789  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  253
  • Post Score: 185

10.28.2020 | 9:23 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 844th

Muradov vs. Holland
Kevin Holland, DEC
I picked Holland via Decision, but Muradov could very well get the win here. I expect Holland to be his ****y self, and I don't know if that is gonna fly here. If Holland is ****y and gets the win and does it convincingly, he definitely moves up my rankings into the Real Deal Territory.

Hardy vs. Greene
Greg Hardy, TKO, R2
I like Hardy to be patient in the 1st round and deliver the KO blow in round 2

Green vs. Moisés
Thiago Moisés, SUB, R2
I like Green very much, but something is just screaming to me that Moises gets ahold of that neck somehow someway

Alexander Hernandez, TKO, R2
I think Hernandez gets through a tough 1st round and puts Gritz away in round 2

Yanez vs. Rodriguez
Adrian Yanez, TKO, R1
Yanez comes out with alot of momentum and alot to prove. He delivers. KO round 1

Strickland vs. Marshman
Sean Strickland, SUB, R2
Back and forth round 1, Strickland gets the Sub in round 2

Jacoby vs. Ledet
Justin Ledet, DEC
Ledet outlasts Jacoby's best shots and takes the Unanimous Decision

Casey vs. Cachoeira
Cortney Casey, SUB, R1
Casey gets the Armbar early, or gets slept. Not a whole lot of confidence either way

Johns vs. Natividad
Kevin Natividad, TKO, R2
Johns comes out firing in round 1, Natividad withstands, listens to his corner, drops Johns round 2

GabetheBabe
GabetheBabe
  • Predictions:  46  |  76.1%
  • Post Score: 229

10.28.2020 | 10:22 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1206th

Hall vs. Silva
Uriah Hall, DEC
I think this pick is quite obvious.. Anderson Silva is way past his prime. In fact, he probably should have retired years ago. This could easily be a finish by Hall as well but he is a counter puncher and I have a feeling this will be a fight with very little volume. Between Hall's lack of aggression and Silva's age, it's a poor main event as nothing is on the line... usually main events are either title fights or at least two contenders duking it out. This one will be a 25 minute snooze. Sureness: 80%

Mitchell vs. Fili
Bryce Mitchell, SUB, R2
Fili has a lot of experience and is a good fighter but Thug Nasty is crazy talented on the ground. I'm calling Thug Nasty dominating R1 with his ground game and then doing the same in R2, getting the submission about halfway into the round. The only win condition I see for Fili is exercising excellent takedown defense and destroying Thug Nasty on the feet, but I doubt it. Sureness: 85%

Muradov vs. Holland
Kevin Holland, DEC
Muradov is a decent striker, throwing strong straight punches in all of his fights. However, he has never met someone as tall and slippery as Holland, who I believe will be a tough target for Muradov to land on. This will be a standup brawl consisting of Holland evading most of Muradov's offense and scoring some slick knees and elbows in the process. Even if it is a close call, the judges seem to always favour Holland. Sureness: 70%

Hardy vs. Greene
Greg Hardy, TKO, R2
I liked Greene a lot in TUF, but unfortunately he's just not a great fighter. He doesn't have a very good gas tank and he isn't impressive on the feet

GabetheBabe
GabetheBabe
  • Predictions:  46  |  76.1%
  • Post Score: 229

10.28.2020 | 10:32 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1206th

Green vs. Moisés
Bobby Green, DEC
This one is very simple. Green is simply better than Moises in every aspect of MMA. The only way Moises takes it is with a freak submission, but I won't be betting on that. Green outboxes and outworks Moises for 15 minutes. Sureness: 75%

Chris Gruetzemacher, TKO, R3
Lol, honestly this pick comes down to a gut feeling. Hernandez is, in my personal opinion, overrated. He should've lost against Trinaldo and he's susceptible to being TKO'd. So, I think Gruetzemacher shocks everyone by causing the upset of the night. My prediction is that Hernandez gets overconfident after running circles around Gruetzemacher for two rounds, then he gets caught by a vicious elbow in the clinch R3. It probably won't happen, but there's always an upset and I just can't ignore my gut. Sureness: 51%

Yanez vs. Rodriguez
Adrian Yanez, DEC
I'm locked in on Yanez winning, I just can't decide between decision or TKO. I ultimately went with my gut and said that he wins via dominant division. We will see a very bloody Rodriguez by the end of this fight. Sureness: 95%

Strickland vs. Marshman
Sean Strickland, DEC
Both are boring boxers, so I'm pretty sure this will end up being similar to Breese vs Strickland except this time I think Strickland wins every round with ease. His boxing is simply better than Marshman's. Sureness: 80%

Witt vs. Williams
Jason Witt, DEC
I couldn't find much tape on either of these guys, but I think this either ends in a decision win for Witt or a KO for Williams. Witt has better skills but Williams has the power that causes upsets. Sureness: 60%

Jacoby vs. Ledet
Dustin Jacoby, DEC
Jacoby's standup is a thing of beauty. He runs circles around Ledet and gasses in R3 but Ledet fails to capitalise on it. Ledet's best shot here is finishing Jacoby after he gasses out. I think it's also possible for Jacoby to get an early finish. Sureness: 75%

Casey vs. Cachoeira
Cortney Casey, DEC
NGL, I didn't watch tape on either of these girls and just went with what everyone else was saying. Sureness: 55%

Johns vs. Natividad
Miles Johns, TKO, R1
I believe Johns has faced vastly better competition than Natividad and has crisper boxing. I know that most people are calling a decision but I have a feeling Natividad will underestimate Johns' power and get caught in the first minute or so. Sureness: 85%

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of David Benavidez?’: Jim Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge
  • Jits Magazine : Alex Pereira Challenges Anthony Smith To $50,000 Grappling Match, Smith Accepts
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Veteran Raphael Assuncao Spits At 10th Planet Black Belt After Disqualification Win
  • Jits Magazine : Big Names Hit The Mats At IBJJF Atlanta Spring Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star