Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Waterson vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,255
  • Post Score: 47

07.01.2020 | 11:49 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.12.2020 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Waterson vs. Hill
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 10
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Michelle Waterson-Gomez   defeats   Angela Hill   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Ottman Azaitar   defeats   Khama Worthy   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Roxanne Modafferi   defeats   Andrea Lee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ed Herman   defeats   Mike Rodriguez   via Submission, Kimura   2:41 Round 3 of 3, 12:41 Total Bout Page
Bobby Green   defeats   Alan Patrick   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Billy Quarantillo   defeats   Kyle Nelson   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   0:07 Round 3 of 3, 10:07 Total Bout Page
Sijara Eubanks   defeats   Julia Avila   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Roosevelt Roberts   vs.   Kevin Croom   Ends in a No Contest, Standing Guillotine Choke   0:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexandr Romanov   defeats   Roque Martinez   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:22 Round 2 of 3, 9:22 Total Bout Page
Jalin Turner   defeats   Brok Weaver   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:20 Round 2 of 3, 9:20 Total Bout Page
Bryan Barberena   defeats   Anthony Ivy   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sabina Mazo   defeats   Justine Kish   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:57 Round 3 of 3, 13:57 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 3

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

09.09.2020 | 8:32 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2040th

Worthy vs. Azaitar
Khama Worthy, TKO, R1
I think this is a coin flip round one fight. Khama’s chin is definitely better at 155, but you’re not surviving the type of power either of these guys throw unless you're a black belt in chinjutsu. I caught Khama at 2.42 which is a steal, to be fair if it had been Ottman at those odds I’d take the shot too. Potential KO of the night.

Barberena vs. Ivy
Anthony Ivy, TKO, R1
This is my second punt bet prior to weigh ins. I think Barberena might have been better than Ivy two KOs and a back surgery ago. Odds are just too good to pass IMO, if Bryan comes back in great shape then I may eat my words. But even a prime Bryan I’d still only bet him at -200 not the ridiculously inflated odds he’s at now.

* Edited at 09.09.2020, 8:42 AM ET *

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.09.2020 | 12:34 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1086th

Avila is booked for two fights in a row just like chimaev. Ufc most think neither will even get a scratch on them to have two fights booked so close.
Betting angle?
JustTheTIps
JustTheTIps
  • Predictions:  247  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 325

09.09.2020 | 12:40 PM ET

HERMAN v RODRIGUEZ

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 555 Points   |   103rd Place

If you look at Rodriguez' fight vs Devon Clark, you'll see Clark is 1 inch shorter and has the same reach as Herman. Rodriguez has issues against good wrestlers. Herman and Clark are very good wrestlers.
Herman will be able to get Rodriguez to the ground. You say Herman is old and has bad cardio. Look at Rodriguez' fight against Clark. Rodriguez has no gas either. His cardio is horrible.
After you look at how Rodriguez struggles against good wrestlers and has no cardio, he only can win via KO. Except Herman was last stopped early 5 fights and 4 years ago. Don't count on Rodriguez winning by ko.
I like Herman in a decision 

JustTheTIps
JustTheTIps
  • Predictions:  247  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 325

09.09.2020 | 1:55 PM ET

Billy Quarantillo

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 555 Points   |   103rd Place

Watching as an impartial observer, Spike Carlyle got robbed of a win by the judges.
I love Kyle Nelsons win vs Khama Worthy. Nelson wins this fight
dotatony
dotatony
  • Predictions:  283  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 30

09.09.2020 | 2:41 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1274th

asdf

* Edited at 09.09.2020, 2:42 PM ET *

MMAFORTUNETELLER
MMAFORTUNETELLER
  • Predictions:  32  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: -526

09.09.2020 | 4:14 PM ET

NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY DOES IT LIKE THE TELLER!!

This user is suspended from posting until 2 weeks, 1 day, 2 hours, and 11 minutes from now.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,193
  • Post Score: 332

09.09.2020 | 4:43 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1156th

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

09.09.2020 | 8:13 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 165th

Andrea Lee   vs.   Roxanne Modafferi 

If turds could procreate, I would still assume this fight has a higher probability of ensuing ******ness than if a heavily pregnant mother turd  expectant on a Monday was due to deliver a baby turd on a Wednesday.

You might be perplexed as to why  this fight was ever booked. This is understandable. It's ****-charge-on-a-gift-voucher-at-the-brothel ******** prima facie, and confusion is warranted. But not unlike being befuddled as to why a cyclist would choose to drink an iced coffee through their nose at an al fresco cafe. the penny drops when you see that although this person is indeed wearing a helmet, they in fact do not own a bicycle, they are wearing a bib, and are accompanied by a woman wearing a starched blue collared shirt and a laminated ID tag.

Allow me to help the jigsaw fall into place:

Sean Shelby is like the anonymous donor of dirty, disposable picnicware haphazardly bagged and propped against the front of a charity collection bin. In his heart of hearts, he knows nobody--not even a starving Rwandan--wants/and or needs it, and what he has done is objectively illegal dumping created by the need to dispose of something he cannot fit in the garbage.

He is not quite audacious enough, or otherwise has exactly enough conscience to not deposit it directly, but in order to legitimate the act in the court of public opinion--that is the conceit to convince others that he at least believed his contribution to be sensible and considered, he has not hidden it behind the bin itself, which would clearly be the act of a guilty man. If anyone asks, he will simply say 'I wasn't sure'.

Moving on to the breakdown;

Modaferri looks and fights like she should be reading from a pop up book to children in a public library. Lee is pretty standard white trash. Wouldn't surprise me if she lets her Nazi boyfriend lick sweet baby ray's off her pecs while she rides an empty and upended bottle of bud light duct taped to a bedpost while Number of the beast plays in the background.

Lee by dec. She'll trot around the cage landing pitter patter on Roxy the blind dinosaur and probably wins by close UD or split. Or said dinosaur gets the TD and thrills everybody to bits with mongoloid-esque hammerfists for 3 1/2 minutes of every round.

* Edited at 09.09.2020, 8:20 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours, and 11 seconds from now.
SolarCowboy
SolarCowboy
  • Predictions:  2,098  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  158
  • Post Score: 163

09.09.2020 | 8:57 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1141st

Avila vs. Eubanks
Julia Avila, TKO, R2
Confident pick

Camacho vs. Weaver
Brok Weaver, TKO, R3
Weaver is live for KO

Barberena vs. Ivy
Bryan Barberena, TKO, R2
Ivy has to takedown and hold him. Probably not happening.

Mazo vs. Kish
Sabina Mazo, DEC
Closer than lined. Dog or pass. Kish beat Pudilova

"Complicated Human in Search of Simplicity"

2020.09.09 10:28 PM ET

bout announced

Alexandr Romanov vs. Roque Martinez at 265 lbs (120.2 kg)
mickey420
mickey420
  • Predictions:  3,512  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  724
  • Post Score: 337

09.09.2020 | 10:49 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 2124th

*** when did ufc sign Roque
Lilgoatlilgoat
Lilgoatlilgoat
  • Predictions:  17  |  70.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 600

09.10.2020 | 2:40 AM ET

Brok weaver vs jalin turner

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 2699th

Apparently turner is stepping in for Camacho for a catch weight fight at 165
DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

09.10.2020 | 8:36 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 190th

UFC signed Roque and killed RIZIN’s heavyweight division.lol All jokes aside looks Jake Heun is never getting his official shot in the UFC.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

Meers222
Meers222
  • Predictions:  18,271  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,587
  • Post Score: 211

09.10.2020 | 10:07 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 2124th

Roque will be a fun action fighter if matched up correctly in the UFC. I'm fine with that signing.

"If it's not a challenge, it isn't fun enough."

2020.09.10 10:39 AM ET

bout status update

Camacho vs. Weaver Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
2020.09.10 10:40 AM ET

bout announced

Brok Weaver vs. Jalin Turner at 165 lbs (74.8 kg)
Capricorn
Capricorn
  • Predictions:  25  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 550

09.10.2020 | 12:42 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 1371st

Waterson vs. Hill
Michelle Waterson, SUB, R3
Tricky not to go with the hype of Hill but Waterson is very capable on her feet and can easily bring it down to the ground if she needs to.

Worthy vs. Azaitar
Khama Worthy, TKO, R1
Not seen a lot of these guys but both bring sharp tools to the octagon. Worthy just has that huge self-belief (ticks Bisping's box...) and seems like the stronger guy. Azaiter only fought Pakalan too who, let's be fair, isn't THAT good. (Coming from someone whose girlfriend is Finnish! No hate.)

Lee vs. Modafferi
Andrea Lee, TKO, R1
I just think Andrea Lee is actually very good and game. Been unlucky in her last couple of fights but she's a top contender. Modafferi has just been coasting and not showing much but pinning down Maycee Barber. Tempted for a decision but Lee has to up her game to stand out again and her striking is good enough to knock Roxanne out.

Quarantillo vs. Nelson
Billy Quarantillo, SUB, R2
Quarantillo is so so good. Honestly, Spike Carlyle is a freaking beast and he managed to hang with him despite whoever you think should've won that fight. I'm telling you, Spike is an incredible fighter so for Billy to beat him is huge and I have no doubt Billy will win this fight against Nelson who has a good couple of wins, but Billy really is championship material and watch his space.

Herman vs. Rodriguez
Mike Rodriguez, TKO, R1
Mike Rodrigues is smarter, quicker, more technical - as long as he doesn't see Ed Herman as a big scary guy, he'll be fine. He's calculated and follows his game plan (so we've seen so far anyway). Could go round 2 but "Slow" works quick.

Barberena vs. Ivy
Bryan Barberena, TKO, R2
Bam Bam, hung in there with Luque so pretty sure this'll be a doddle. Haven't seen much from Ivy in the UFC. Just got caught off-guard but he's decent. Just a bit too much of a step up at this point.

Roberts vs. Frevola
Matt Frevola, DEC
Fan of these 2. Just think Frevola realises the danger and is smart enough to stick to his game plan with that being plan A, B and C, if he needs to take it to those places. If they were both going for the finish then Roosevelt would have this. Frevola just too smart for that.

Mazo vs. Kish
Sabina Mazo, SUB, R2
Mazo is gonna wanna stand and bang and will be successful but that'll crumble Kish to the floor where Mazo will finish by submission. Kish is strong though so wouldn't be surprised if she drew it out to a decision.

Patrick vs. Green
Bobby Green, TKO, R3
Green is fresh, experienced and just better. Can take a punch too. Been a while since we've seen Patrick too so that'll probably play a factor along with no audience. This one doesn't really make sense for Bobby either but he just loves to fight! He'll piece Allan up until he finishes him at the end.

Avila vs. Eubanks
Julia Avila, TKO, R2
Goodbye Sarge. This is kind of a similar situation to Agapova vs Dobson. You'd expect Avila to run through Eubanks aaaaaand I still think that's gonna happen. Just hope Avila doesn't take this as too easy. Because it's not.

Capricorn
Capricorn
  • Predictions:  25  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 550

09.10.2020 | 12:44 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 1371st

Romanov vs. Martinez
Alexander Romanov, TKO, R1
What? This is new. Ok, I'm going with Romanov. Not much to go on and I thought Marcos De Lima would've beat Romanov in their cancelled bout but he gets this one. Fellow podgy fella Martinez is gonna be brutally KO'd.

Weaver vs. Turner
Jalin Turner, TKO, R2
Another new one! Take it Weaver's fight this weekend has been cancelled then... There's not many people I would bet against when fighting Brok, and that's not gonna change here. He's really not that good and has been schooled in his last 2 fights. Not a lot of power either. Whereas Jalin is actually pretty good so looking forward to seeing a beating.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.10.2020 | 12:54 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1086th

Mma fortune-teller's mom sent me footage of his picking ritual.

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

09.10.2020 | 1:09 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1404th

Jalin turner looked really good in his last fight, I know he didnt have the best opponent but still

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

09.10.2020 | 1:37 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2040th

Waterson vs. Hill
Angela Hill, TKO, R4
It’s pretty easy to justify my pick when the only reason people are picking Waterson is by sub. Angela Hill’s ground game doesn’t suck that much anymore? If anything she’s above average in WMMA now. Sure she had her rough spots when she came into MMA with just a Muay Thai background, but what do you expect? I think Hill puts on a clinic, but Waterson is too durable to get finished early, so 3rd and beyond TKO or decision for Hill.

Avila vs. Eubanks
Julia Avila, DEC
Avila wins anyway she wants, but not in the first.

Romanov vs. Martinez
I picked him against De Lima and this guy looks like he’s a much softer fighter than DeLima. I didn’t watch any full fights, but I caught some YouTube highlights and his highlights look so average to me. I wanna see a heavyweight come out the and knock chins into the stands or at least mortar bodies into the canvas. I expect the latter from Romanov here. 1st round G&P baby.

Weaver vs. Turner
Jalin Turner, TKO, R2
No odds out there on this one. But they are going to be ridiculous. I’ll drop 5 units on Turner if I can get him where Camcho’s line was at (1.4ish). The only way weaver was going to win was by chin checking Camacho, who is a brawler, so it could absolutely happen. Now, Turner who is the definition of a rangy pot-shot striker is probably going to walk away with this. I’m glad Weaver is at a good gym now, and maybe he’ll work his way back to the big show a’la Julian Erosa, but it’s just too little too late I believe. You should have gotten good before you got to the UFC. Jalin Turner by decision or KO if he catches Weaver walking onto a stiff cross/knee

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,704  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,555
  • Post Score: 236

09.10.2020 | 1:56 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 797th

Romanov vs. Martinez
Just watched Martinez's last fight on Youtube. He had a hard time dealing with the clinch work of a 47 year old "Shrek" with heavily taped up knees, and only won after the referee separated them from the fence for inactivity since he couldn't get away. Romanov is gonna pile drive this dude's head into the canvas within 30 seconds of the opening bell and pound him out if the slam doesn't KO him on impact.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,193
  • Post Score: 332

09.10.2020 | 3:27 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1156th

Watching alot of the Rizen fighters and champs leave is not a good sign. Like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Great for us to now watch their talent compete in the UFC but if. MMA history has taught us anything, this is very bad for Rizen and we need as many competitor promotions as possible.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka Ready For Pereira Rematch In June
  • Jits Magazine : Watch UFC Veteran Merab Dvalishvili Grappling With Indian Wrestlers On The Beach
  • Jits Magazine : The IBJJF Announces The Return Of The Crown For 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Could Smell Your Fear’
  • Bad Left Hook : Adames vs Gausha and Puello vs Russell reportedly set for June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Don’t Care About The Title. I Just Want To Fight Jones’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Required To Reveal Earnings From Proper No. Twelve Sale
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville