Topic: UFC on ESPN+ 11

UFC on ESPN+ 11: Gustafsson vs. Smith

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,117
  • Post Score: 47

12.31.2018 | 12:00 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ESPN+ 11
  • Saturday 06.01.2019 at 10:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+ | Prelims: ESPN 2
  • Name: UFC on ESPN+ 11: Gustafsson vs. Smith
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Stockholm
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Ericsson Globe Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Dan Hardy, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Dan Hardy | Backstage: Heidi Androl
  • TV Ratings: 257,000 avg. viewers (ESPN 2 prelims)
  • Matchmaker: Sean Shelby, Mick Maynard
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Anthony Smith   defeats   Alexander Gustafsson   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:38 Round 4 of 5, 17:38 Total Bout Page
Aleksandar Rakić   defeats   Jimi Manuwa   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   0:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Makwan Amirkhani   defeats   Chris Fishgold   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   4:25 Round 2 of 3, 9:25 Total Bout Page
Christos Giagos   defeats   Damir Hadžović   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Daniel Teymur   defeats   Sung Bin Jo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sergey Khandozhko   defeats   Rostem Akman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lina Länsberg   defeats   Tonya Evinger   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Leonardo Santos   defeats   Stevie Ray   via KO/TKO, Punch   2:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Frank Camacho   defeats   Nick Hein   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:56 Round 2 of 3, 9:56 Total Bout Page
Bea Malecki   defeats   Duda Santana   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:59 Round 2 of 3, 6:59 Total Bout Page
Devin Clark   defeats   Darko Stošić   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joel Alvarez   defeats   Danilo Belluardo   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:22 Round 2 of 3, 7:22 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 3

2019.05.25 10:47 AM ET

bout announced

Sergey Khandozhko vs. Rostem Akman at 170 lbs (77.1 kg)
iyoung99
iyoung99
  • Predictions:  70  |  48.6%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 159

05.26.2019 | 9:05 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 1646th

Why has Nick Hein still not been released from the UFC roster? He is the most boring fighter I've ever seen. I mean the guy is jacked but he's just not a great fighter.
I reckon Vendramini will take a decision victory, he showed great promise against dos Santos who is an absolute monster at 170lbs.
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

05.26.2019 | 10:51 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 140th

^ you must not have watched PFL lately.

Oezdemir absolutely did not get robbed. Neither fighter in that fight would've had any reason to ***** because both fought with little urgency and neither did enough in any round to definitively take it. Round 3 was the clearest (Reyes, but even that could be argued for Volkan). 

That was my take after rewatching the fight because of the previous page's comments. After watching, I checked MMAdecisions.com and it just reinforced how close the fight was: 8 scores 29-28 for Reyes, 6 29-28 for Volkan, and 5!?! 30-27 for Volkan. That last group should have their judging priveleges revoked imo. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

iyoung99
iyoung99
  • Predictions:  70  |  48.6%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 159

05.26.2019 | 11:18 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 1646th

Elaborate lol?
AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv
  • Predictions:  1,447  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 183

05.26.2019 | 12:24 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 230 Points   |   Tied for 1394th

Belluardo vs. Alvarez
Joel Alvarez, SUB, R2
I see Alvarez as the better fighter of the two. Having faced better comp. on the regional scene and finishing at a high rate. Style wise I think his opponent will play into Alvarez's strengths I see another submission finish in this one. The pick is Alvarez by sub.

"Aiming to be professional sports handicapper"

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv

05.26.2019 | 1:11 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Clark vs. Stošić
Darko Stošić, TKO, R2
This fight is some solid matchmaking. Clark is not a pushover but his chin has been cracked before and likely will be again in this fight. If Clark is put out again this could be his UFC swan song so I expect him to be very determined to try and hold a spot on the roster. However it will be hard to implement his style in this one as I think Stosic takedown defense is good enough to keep this fight standing. Meaning that eventually he lands some of his power on that chin of Clark. So the pick is Stosic by KO. I will say round 2.

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

05.26.2019 | 1:26 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 526th

Khandozhko vs Akman 
Sergey Honda via TKO 

Very fun match-up based on both's willingness to engage. Sergey has had a full-camp. Last fight was at the 2018 Plotforma Cup. Which is held basically on a Moat with Vladimir Putin in attendance. Akman crafted himself as a finisher through the IMMAF tourny's but with 2 TKO losses.. I expect Honda to overwhelm Rostem. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 1 week, 4 days, 14 hours, and 23 minutes from now.
AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv

05.26.2019 | 2:38 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Hein vs. Camacho
Frank Camacho, DEC
I see value on Camacho here. Assuming he can make the weight on short notice and not totally deplete himself Camacho should win this fight. With height and reach advantage in his favor and the styles of these 2 expect a 3 round kickboxing match. Both fighters are very hittable. From a betting perspective all the value here lies with the price on Camacho. My pick is Camacho by decision.

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv

05.26.2019 | 6:10 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Ray vs. Santos
Leonardo Santos, DEC
-250 on Santos at age 39 and rust of 2.5 yrs layoff is a high number but Ray just does not offer the kind of style that I think can beat Santos here. Santos has not taken a ton of damage in his career either so I don't think age will be a huge factor. Ring rust may be a problem. Santos is the better fighter and my pick is by decision as Ray is a durable opponent. I give it about a 30% chance Santos gets a sub.

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv

05.26.2019 | 7:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Teymur vs. Jo
Sung Bin Jo, TKO, R3
Jo has not fought UFC caliber up to this point but at least he has done what he should to the cans by finishing every win he has. Teymur is not UFC caliber either and is getting one last chance only because this card is in Sweden. My biggest concern for Jo is octagon jitters as he tends to move a lot but not throw a ton of volume. If Teymur comes forward and uses leg kicks and presses Jo against the cage he could get some home cooking on the scorecards. Jo tends to lean on a power shot landing and then flurrying to a finish that can be a danger if the power shot doesn't land to begin with. Jo has size and ht/rch and youth on his side. I will pick Jo to win by 3rd round KO but betting it does have risk here.

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv

05.26.2019 | 7:43 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Giagos vs. Hadžović
Damir Hadžović, DEC
This could be a very good scrap. -220 on Hadzovic is a little high in my opinion. I like him to win the fight but it won't be a walk in the park this is a tougher fight then the odds suggest. Pick is Damir by decision.

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv

05.26.2019 | 9:17 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Gustafsson vs. Smith
Alexander Gustafsson, DEC
very interesting fight. Gus in Sweden will be very hard to beat. Smith is no easy out either. It will be interesting to see how both of these guys bounce back from defeat at the hands of Jon Jones. From a betting angle there is little value on Gus but you have to favor him to get the W. So the pick is Gus by decision it what I think will be a close fight.

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,820  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

05.27.2019 | 2:38 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 320 Points   |   Tied for 794th

ok, i re-watched the volkan reyes fight just to make sure i was remembering right. i have to say volkan won rounds 1 & 2 without much doubt imo. round 3 was a toss up and could have gone either way. just the way i remembered it when i watched it live.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.27.2019 | 6:41 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 355th

Reyes didn't win that fight.

2-1 Ooze. Not hard.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 4 days, 1 hour, and 8 minutes from now.
phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,820  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

05.27.2019 | 6:54 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 320 Points   |   Tied for 794th

mulefloyd disagrees with that, thats why i re-watched the fight. i bet reyes so i was glad he got the decision, but i thought ooze got screwed and i still think he got screwed.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.27.2019 | 6:57 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 355th

Mule basically thinks anyone he didn't pick to win got robbed, or whoever beat his pick fluked it. Also thinks that anyone he did pick to win who was robbed wasn't robbed.

* Edited at 05.27.2019, 6:58 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 4 days, 1 hour, and 8 minutes from now.
IwannaBeArealBoi
IwannaBeArealBoi
  • Predictions:  132  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 386

05.28.2019 | 10:20 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 339th

Isn't Oez going to get out wrestled to a loss against Latifi?
His wrestling doesn't appear to have progressed very much imo and is still the weakest part of his game.
MMAnutter93
MMAnutter93
  • Predictions:  324  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 315

05.28.2019 | 10:31 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 186th

What do you guys think of Giagos Vs Hadzovich? I was leaning Hadzovic his striking is decent although not world's better than Giagos's in my view. The worry is Hadzovic's TDD and get up game from what I remember it has been shocking, against Hein and Reyes we didn't get the chance to see marked improvement. Due to the unknown I at present lean towards Giagos as he has solid wrestling and if he paces himself properly can comfortably win a decision, big if though.
Mr Miagi
Mr Miagi
  • Predictions:  20,511  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  297
  • Post Score: 204

05.29.2019 | 8:53 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 405 Points   |   291st Place

Ray vs. Santos
Stevie Ray, DEC
Sticking with my fellow Scotsman STEVIE RAY got some skills will win by decision!

"LIVE EVERY DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST!"

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,939  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,376
  • Post Score: 39

05.29.2019 | 12:57 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 240th

Gustafsson vs. Smith
Alexander Gustafsson, TKO, R3
smith is good at winning fights he "should" win, but so is gus, and this is one that likely favors the more established contender.

Oezdemir vs. Latifi
Ilir Latifi, DEC
i think ilir will stay composed and force the action more effectively. volkan has some good wins, but he's a product of becoming ranked during 205's exodus down years moreso than an established perennial contender.

Manuwa vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, TKO, R2
been picking against this glass cannon and i think it's safe to continue doing so as long as they put him against heavy hitters.

Amirkhani vs. Fishgold
Chris Fishgold, DEC
first round could be fun. don't really have a great reason for the pick, guess i feel like fishgold has proved more to me.

Giagos vs. Hadžović
Damir Hadžović, TKO, R1
my intuition is rarely right, but this fight jumps out to me as a good parlay piece. feeling like hadzovic should have few issues with a middling guy like giagos.

Teymur vs. Jo
Daniel Teymur, DEC
a lot of people picking jo, huh? i know this teymur brother isn't to be trusted, but the korean fella hasn't even had decent competition.

Khandozhko vs. Akman
Sergey Khandozhko, TKO, R1
both questionable, but sergey has clearly fought better competition and rostem is a replacement.

Evinger vs. Länsberg
Tonya Evinger, TKO, R2
not ready to doom tonya based off the ladd fight. she can still take a shot and has the heart to work her way inside and find td's.

Ray vs. Santos
Leonardo Santos, SUB, R2
stevie ray is either gonna establish aggression and control early or he's gonna get slowly chipped away at while trying to avoid the ground.

Hein vs. Camacho
Frank Camacho, DEC
couple years ago i'd say hein by decision, but after 3 years without a win i'm more inclined to pick with my heart and say camacho throws the bigger shots and reverses bad positions.

Santana vs. Malecki
Bea Malecki, TKO, R2
i wanna pick duda, but can't help but feel like they set this up in favor of promoting bea so i'll hedge my bet and pick her while hoping to be wrong.

Clark vs. Stošić
Darko Stošić, TKO, R1
feels like it should be darko's fight unless he gets tied up early and drained. clark just hasn't done enough against relevant guys for me to say he can dominate a hard hitter.

Belluardo vs. Alvarez
Joel Alvarez, SUB, R2
this italian dude has been running through guys, but journeymen at best. alvarez relies on finding a sub, but he has better wins so i'll go with him.

OutoMatti
OutoMatti
  • Predictions:  1,657  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 130

05.29.2019 | 1:47 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 65 Points   |   Tied for 1877th

Rostem will take the W. 

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees." - Jason Kidd

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg was eating KFC when he received call to fight for title at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Was ‘Very Mad’ With Strickland: ‘Shut Your Mouth’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans
  • Middle Easy : Charles Oliveira Insists He Did Enough To Beat Arman Tsarukyan At UFC 300: ‘It’s Very Complex’
  • UFC.com : Exciting Fighters You Might Not Know | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • UFC.com : Coach Conversation | Alexandre Pantoja vs Steve Erceg
  • Bad Left Hook : Turki Alalshikh targets Wilder vs Anderson on Aug. 3
  • UFC.com : Fighters On The Rise | UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier gives advice to Ilia Topuria after ‘not coming off great’ in booking first title defense
  • UFC.com : UFC Rankings Report | Week of April 29, 2024