Topic: UFC on ESPN+ 11

UFC on ESPN+ 11: Gustafsson vs. Smith

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,788
  • Post Score: 47

12.31.2018 | 12:00 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ESPN+ 11
  • Saturday 06.01.2019 at 10:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+ | Prelims: ESPN 2
  • Name: UFC on ESPN+ 11: Gustafsson vs. Smith
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Stockholm
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Ericsson Globe Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Dan Hardy, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Dan Hardy | Backstage: Heidi Androl
  • TV Ratings: 257,000 avg. viewers (ESPN 2 prelims)
  • Matchmaker: Sean Shelby, Mick Maynard
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Anthony Smith   defeats   Alexander Gustafsson   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:38 Round 4 of 5, 17:38 Total Bout Page
Aleksandar Rakić   defeats   Jimi Manuwa   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   0:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Makwan Amirkhani   defeats   Chris Fishgold   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   4:25 Round 2 of 3, 9:25 Total Bout Page
Christos Giagos   defeats   Damir Hadžović   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Daniel Teymur   defeats   Sung Bin Jo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sergey Khandozhko   defeats   Rostem Akman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lina Länsberg   defeats   Tonya Evinger   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Leonardo Santos   defeats   Stevie Ray   via KO/TKO, Punch   2:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Frank Camacho   defeats   Nick Hein   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:56 Round 2 of 3, 9:56 Total Bout Page
Bea Malecki   defeats   Duda Santana   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:59 Round 2 of 3, 6:59 Total Bout Page
Devin Clark   defeats   Darko Stošić   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joel Alvarez   defeats   Danilo Belluardo   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:22 Round 2 of 3, 7:22 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.20.2019 | 1:26 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 355th

Duda Santana vs Malecki

santana, dec.

This is a new low for the promotion.Duda fights like she learned combat by defending a taro plantation from raiding monkeys by shouting and throwing green plantains at them, Malecki as though by playing Wii tennis with her kid brother. If you aren't sold yet on the idea that the UFC FW women's division needs to be scrapped, prepare to become a believer, because this fight is going to be a like a stool in the public urinal. These women may in fact be the ****tiest two female fighters I have ever seen. Gold and Silver. And that's saying something, because WMMA in general is awful. This will look like two menopausal half-starved Biafrans fighting over the last MRE in a NATO airdrop. Neither has a future in the UFC, Maybe the goal here is to keep them on the bench as subs for Cyborg if somebody actually good ever pulls out of a future fight. Or maybe they're just here to be fed to cyborg. Or Anderson, to validate her tenure in the UFC. Should either ever fight chris or even Megan here's a preview what those fights would look like:

Evinger vs Lansberg

Evinger, dec.

oh goodee; won't this be a treat. Seriously I have no idea why the matchmakers think anyone wants to see fights like this. I do not believe there is a single human being in existence, nor has there ever been, who is or has ever sat around thinking 'Man, I hope they make Lansberg vs Evinger..that would make my ******* life!'.
At least, like a flu shot or a prostrate exam you know what you're getting and can prepare for it in advance. Firstly,  Evinger: The go-to unkempt beater hag, who is dragged out like the old sweater you mow the lawn in, surly as librarian, smelling of soup and a wet dog, looking like she just woke up from beneath a staircase, to be brickbashed by women the UFC is trying to promote-- which in all fairness is a capacity in which she's ideal in because she is terrible as she is durable. Then you've got Lina lansberg who is also singularly awful and probably only ever gets a phone call because, like evinger, she's as difficult to finish as a poo sandwich.This is a fight that is only happening because ESPN needs warm female FW bodies in the cage, and I, and I suspect nobody else, cares what the outcome is any more they care about 50's vacuum cleaner service logs.

* Edited at 05.20.2019, 3:12 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, and 42 minutes from now.
Moorlady
Moorlady

05.20.2019 | 12:51 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 127th

Giagos v Hadzovic
Cristos Giagos, TKO, R1
Anticipating an upset from Giagos--intense early pressure and a TKO via ground and pound.

Clark v Stosic
Darko Stosic, TKO, R1
There are some real killers on this card, perhaps chief among them Stosic, who will have to overcome Clark's wrestling, which I think he'll do, in frightening fashion.

Teymur v Sung Bin Jo
Daniel Teymur, DEC
I think Teymur just ekes out a victory via more control time.

Belluardo v Alvarez
Danilo Belluardo, DEC
I think Belluardo also wins through superior grappling.  It's great to see decent grappling coming from more corners of the globe.

2019.05.20 1:19 PM ET

bout status update

Khandozhko vs. Fabiński Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
nateuu406
nateuu406
  • Predictions:  1,589  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 450

05.20.2019 | 1:29 PM ET

Make or break for both fighters.

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 707th

This is an extremely important fight for Gus and Smith, seems like a make or break moment for either guy. If Gus drops this one is it the last time we see him at LHW?

"I'm not surprised ***********ers!"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

05.20.2019 | 3:01 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 865th

Easy fisharoonie stop hating on my wmma....... Malecki is a former two time muay Thai champion with an exciting fight style. And she's ******* gorgeous! She is exactly what the women's feather weight division needs.
The other girl is getting paid for a brawl to make a pretty new star look good......

P.s. fishrat im telling Megan anderson where u live. She's either gonna beat u up or lay on her back for fifteen minutes for a split decision. So watch your back bro. I'm tired of you berating my wmma.

WMMA RULES!!!!!!

I love invicta!!!.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

05.20.2019 | 3:03 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 865th

And I still up voted for the meme!
phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,740  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 304

05.20.2019 | 6:15 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 320 Points   |   Tied for 794th

GUSTAFSSON vs SMITH

gustafsson by decision

im wondering if gus will ever recover from that beating the cheating juicer gave him. he certainly hasnt been the same since then. and smith looked terrible in his title shot against the cheater, couldnt pull the trigger, it looked to me like he went in with the plan to just survive for 5 rounds. i have no confidence in this pick and i wouldnt bet this fight with fishs money. 

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

phillip53
phillip53

05.20.2019 | 8:08 PM ET

@fish, i see the challenge but i dont know what the chips are or how to get them.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.20.2019 | 8:11 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 355th

I posted a thread on how to get free chips today....
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, and 42 minutes from now.
phillip53
phillip53

05.20.2019 | 10:09 PM ET

OEZDEMIR vs LATIFI

oezdemir by ko/tko round 2 or 3

i think ooze will be out for blood. hes lost 3 in a row and his job might very well be on the line and imo he got screwed in his last fight against reyes. latifi is a tough out for anyone but if volkan wants to keep his spot on the roster he better show up with blood and fire in his eyes.

phillip53
phillip53

05.20.2019 | 10:17 PM ET

EVINGER vs LANSBURG

evinger by decision or late finish

i agree with fish that not many people are interested in this fight and it does nothing for the division. but hey, i made good money betting on evinger to last more than one round against cyborg so im not going to hate on her here. shes tougher than a junk yard dog and i dont see lansburg winning this fight anywhere.

* Edited at 05.20.2019, 10:18 PM ET *

phillip53
phillip53

05.22.2019 | 7:32 PM ET

SUNG BIN JO vs DANIEL TEYMUR

sung by ko/tko round 1 or 2

teymur came into the ufc with some amount of hype but he's now 0-3 in his ufc career. this is sung's debut, hes 9-0 with 9 finishes. all i could find on sung was a highlight reel, but the kids a finisher, hes bigger, younger and i think he shows teymur the exit.

phillip53
phillip53

05.22.2019 | 7:43 PM ET

ALEKSANDER RAKIC vs JIMI MANUWA

rakic by ko/tko round 1 or 2

this fight could be a slobber knocker for as long as it lasts. rakic, after 2 decision wins finally got his first ko in the octagon last time out. manuwa is on a 3 fight skid, manuwa is a power puncher for sure but hes been ko'd in 2 of his 3 losses.and even though those losses were to two of the hardest punchers in the division, in my book that puts a question mark on his chin.

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

05.22.2019 | 8:47 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 691st

It’s true, Phil, good point. Especially at Manuwa’s age, once you start getting checked out of consciousness and endure some of those wars it gets harder and harder to come back from. We all know he’s still dangerous AF offensively but his resiliency may never be the same. Some guys learn to adjust their styles (Arlovski-brutally kod multiple times including first fight), some guys take a lay-off to recover and some guys just don’t and keep going out on their shields, like the warriors they are. It can be hard to watch too. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

phillip53
phillip53

05.23.2019 | 5:55 AM ET

yep, agreed. another one that fits that profile is the reem. his chin has completely turned to glass but he has adjusted his fighting style to compensate for that inadequacy, and has done so quite successfully.

Tobias funke
Tobias funke

05.23.2019 | 11:04 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 142nd

Gustafsson vs. Smith
Alexander Gustafsson
Viking uppercuts

Oezdemir vs. Latifi
Volkan Oezdemir
Clash of the receding hairlines

Manuwa vs. Rakić
Jimi Manuwa, TKO, R3
Anyone who doubts manuwa will be shocked... manuwa by K.O.

Amirkhani vs. Fishgold
Makwan Amirkhani
I Go with the wrestler.. surprise surprise

Evinger vs. Länsberg
Lina Länsberg
The beauty and the beast

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

05.23.2019 | 3:58 PM ET

Do you think Reyes won against Oezdemir ?

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 1464th

I think it was a big robbery. Oezdemir had an improved cardio and he controled the fight with crisp technical stand up. He won at least two rounds.

Anyway, I think he's still improving and it will show agaisnt Latifi.

* Edited at 05.23.2019, 4:07 PM ET *

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

phillip53
phillip53

05.23.2019 | 5:45 PM ET

nope, i bet reyes so i was glad he won, but ooze got screwed for sure. big time i thought. 

MarioSuperSmash
MarioSuperSmash
  • Predictions:  2,209  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  322
  • Post Score: 36

05.24.2019 | 8:35 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 245th

@phillip53 was karma for the rob job oez won vs OSP

"Eat Sleep Gamble on fights 👊🏿👊🏿👊🏿"

golfy77
golfy77
  • Predictions:  1,488  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: 155

05.24.2019 | 9:07 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 790th

Some fights are just unpredictable. Duda Santana vs Bea Malecki is one of them.
We know very little about either fighter, so it's more or less a coin toss.

There should be an option to cancel a saved prediction for a bout, in case someone gets impulsive and misclicks.
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,103  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,250
  • Post Score: 190

05.24.2019 | 9:59 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 1716th

Bea give a good war to Leah Letson! 

"Never go down without a fight"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Oliveira Thought Tsarukyan ‘Went Out’ In Late Choke Attempt
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Relive all of Conor McGregor's octagon wins in full before UFC 303 return
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Alex Pereira can become MMA GOAT if he wins UFC heavyweight title
  • MMA Mania : ‘Undeserving’ Harrison ‘Ran Away From Pacheco And Cyborg’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal face off in front of rowdy Miami crowd
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heads to Louisville for Fight Night card on June 8
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference live stream (6:30 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry claims Darren Till turned down ‘over $2 million’ offer to fight him: ‘What is he doing?’ 
  • UFC.com : The Evolution Of The Third Street Savage | UFC FIGHT PASS