Topic: Bellator 78

Card update!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JCole77
JCole77
  • Predictions:  14,307  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 77

10.04.2012 | 1:54 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 28th with 44 others

Daniel Straus likely to face UFC vet Alvin Robinson at Bellator 78 in Dayton

Posted on 3 Oct 2012 - by David McKinney In: Pro Fighter News

Instead of sitting out until his title shot, it appears as though Daniel Straus (20-4, 6-1 BFC) will get his wish to fight sooner rather than later.

The Bellator Season Six Featherweight Tournament champion is likely to square off against UFC veteran Alvin Robinson (13-6, 0-0 BFC) later this month at Bellator 78 in Dayton, according to sources close to the event.

Straus earned a shot at the 145-pound title by winning the organization’s spring featherweight tournament, but he has to wait until Patricio “Pitbull” Freire gets his shot first. And with champion Pat Curran currently injured, that fight is on the shelf for the time being. But a healthy Straus isn’t about to put himself on the shelf as well. He joined Ohio MMA Radio in August and said that he’s ready to get back in the cage, title shot or not.

The Cincinnati native enters the bout riding a four-fight winning streak, and he has won 16 of his last 17 bouts. Interestingly enough, his last two losses came to Curran and Freire.

Robinson comes in with wins in three of his last four bouts, with all three wins coming via rear naked choke. The Colorado product had a four-fight stint in the UFC from 2007-2008, but he went just 1-3 before being cut. Since being ousted from the UFC roster, he has racked up a 3-2 record in regional competition.

Bellator officials have yet to announce any bouts for Bellator 78, but it is expected that this fight will be part of the MTV2 telecast for the main card.

The current lineup for Bellator 78 is as follows:

Main Card (MTV 2)

• Brian Rogers vs. Dominique Steele
  • Daniel Straus vs. Alvin Robinson
  • Zoila Gurgel vs. TBA
  • Lyman Good vs. Michail Tsarev (welterweight tournament semifinal)
  • Marius Zaromskis vs. Andrey Koreshkov (welterweight tournament semifinal)

Preliminary Card (Spike.com)

• Billy “Mojo” Horne vs. Trey Houston
  • Jason Butcher vs. Shaun Asher
  • Jared Combs vs. Mikkel Parlo
  • Rob Hanna vs. Rocky Edwards
  • Justin McNally vs. Jake Nauracy
Bellator 78
  • Friday 10.26.2012 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: MTV 2 | Prelims: Spike.com
  • Promotion: Bellator MMA
  • Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide LLC
  • Venue: Nutter Center
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Ratings: 154,000 average viewers
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Lyman Good   defeats   Mikhail Tsarev   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:54 Round 2 of 3, 8:54 Total Bout Page
Andrey Koreshkov   defeats   Marius Žaromskis   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:14 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Daniel Straus   defeats   Alvin Robinson   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:51 Round 2 of 3, 9:51 Total Bout Page
Brian Rogers   defeats   Dominique Steele   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zoila Frausto   defeats   Casey Noland   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jason Butcher   defeats   Shaun Asher   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Billy Horne   defeats   Trey Houston   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:30 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Mikkel Parlo   defeats   Jared Combs   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:51 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Rob Hanna   defeats   Rocky Edwards   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Justin McNally   defeats   David Blattman   via Submission, Triangle Choke   0:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

10.04.2012 | 2:53 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 6 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 3rd with 1 other

I didn't even know that Alvin Robinson still fights.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

JCole77
JCole77
  • Predictions:  14,307  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 77

10.04.2012 | 7:30 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 28th with 44 others

I didn't know that he still fights either.. but I guess he is going to try making a comeback. I don't see him being anywhere near Straus in many areas and I think Straus will continue to tear it up and keep things going strong until he gets a shot at the title in his next fight after that. I saw him fight in Cleveland against Jason Dent last November I believe it was and he was very solid and dominated Dent throughout. I don't know a whole lot about the whole Alvin Robinson info as of late, but I'm sure he will be ready to go as well!

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley responds to Conor McGregor diss, now wants Michael Chandler to ‘sleep’ him
  • Bad Left Hook : Roach vs McCrory set for June 28 on ProBox TV