Co-Main Event | TPF Featherweight Championship | 145 lbs
Isaac de Jesus vs. Russ Miura ends in No Contest
|9-3-1||Pro Record At Fight||9-1-0|
|Stayed at 9-3-1||Record After Fight||Stayed at 9-1-0|
|United States||Nationality||United States|
|Fresno, California||Fighting out of||Fresno, California|
|Age at Fight||30 years, 4 weeks, 1 day|
|146.4 lbs (66.4 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||143.8 lbs (65.2 kgs)|
|5'6" (168cm)||Height||5'6" (168cm)|
- Bout Information
- Event: Tachi PF 9: The Contenders
- Date: Friday 05.06.2011 at 08:15 PM ET
- Referee: John McCarthy
- Venue: Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino
- Enclosure: Cage
- Location: Lemoore, California, United States
- Bout Billing: Co-Main Event (fight 12 of 13)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 145 lbs (65.8 kg)
- TV Commentary: TJ DeSantis, Jordan Breen, Phil Baroni
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Main Card
- Post-Fight Interviewer:
- de Jesus Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Miura Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
- Title on Line: TPF Featherweight Championship
- Belt Status Before Fight: Held by de Jesus
de Jesus vs. Miura Wiki Update Wiki
The twelfth bout of Tachi Palace Fights 9 featured a featherweight title fight between Isaac de Jesus and Russ Miura. In an interesting twist, however, with the champion de Jesus not making weight for the contest, it was only Miura who could come out of the fight as the champion. Even a win for de Jesus would still see him forfeiting the belt due to the failed weigh-in.
Miura used a jab and leg kicks to set up a clinch and then a beautiful hip throw to put de Jesus onto his back. Miura passed to north south and then slid to side control. De Jesus nearly scrambled out but found himself almost stuck in an armbar before he was able to stand up and out. Miura came forward with a looping punch that missed, and de Jesus landed a monster counter-right to the chin. Miura dropped to the canvas immediately, de Jesus followed up with some quick punches, and referee John McCarthy jumped in to call it off.
The official end came at 2:52 of the opening round for Isaac de Jesus, who vacated the belt with his victory, due to the aforementioned weigh-in issue.
In a final twist, Isaac de Jesus tested positive for marijuana in his drug test, a banned substance according to the athletic commission's rules. On June 20th, 6 weeks after the bout initially took place, the fight was over-turned to a "No Decision" by the state of California.