Topic: UFC 1

Favorite Fight from UFC 1?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mf8888
mf8888
  • Predictions:  69  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 251

03.19.2012 | 10:38 PM ET

Im gonna have to go with Shamrock's win over the ********** Pat Smith

"Kill one man and you're a murderer, kill one million and you're a conquer,kill them all and you're a god"

UFC 1
  • Friday 11.12.1993
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Semaphore Entertainment Group (SEG)
  • Venue: McNichols Sports Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Bill Wallace, Jim Brown, Kathy Long
  • Ring Announcer: Rich Goins
  • Interviews: Brian Kilmeade | Backstage: Rod Machado
  • Attendance: 7,800
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 86,000 | TV Ratings:
  • MMA Bouts: 8
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Royce Gracie   defeats   Gerard Gordeau   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:44 Round 1 of 1 Bout Page
Jason DeLucia   defeats   Trent Jenkins   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   0:52 Round 1 of 1 Bout Page
Royce Gracie   defeats   Ken Shamrock   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   0:57 Round 1 of 1 Bout Page
Gerard Gordeau   defeats   Kevin Rosier   via KO/TKO, Corner Stoppage   0:59 Round 1 of 1 Bout Page
Ken Shamrock   defeats   Patrick Smith   via Submission, Heel Hook   1:49 Round 1 of 1 Bout Page
Royce Gracie   defeats   Art Jimmerson   via Submission   2:18 Round 1 of 1 Bout Page
Kevin Rosier   defeats   Zane Frazier   via KO/TKO   4:20 Round 1 of 1 Bout Page
Gerard Gordeau   defeats   Teila Tuli   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   0:26 Round 1 of 1 Bout Page

Responses

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

03.19.2012 | 10:40 PM ET

I'll go with Rosier and Frazier's bar fight which ended by repeated stomps to the face.
mf8888
mf8888
  • Predictions:  69  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 251

03.19.2012 | 10:54 PM ET

Good choice. I'll never forget how after the fight when they asked Rosier what he thought about the fight he replied "Why'd id come out of retirement."

"Kill one man and you're a murderer, kill one million and you're a conquer,kill them all and you're a god"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,089  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

03.19.2012 | 11:00 PM ET

I have a soft spot for Teila Tuli's teeth flying out of the Octagon and everybody suddenly going very, very silent. Also it was the actual very first UFC fight ever.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

03.19.2012 | 11:11 PM ET

Gordeau vs. Tuli, because as I was watching, I was asking myself, "can this actually be real?", and that fight answered my question right away.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

kibj411
kibj411

03.26.2012 | 5:53 PM ET

Gracie vs Shamrock. Because everyone thought Ken was going to destroy him and it also started the first MMA rivalry.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.26.2012 | 5:55 PM ET

Gracie vs Gordeau because you don't **** with Royce Gracie.

EDIT: Post 2500.

* Edited at 03.26.2012, 8:00 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

03.26.2012 | 6:23 PM ET

Royce/Shamrock for me.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

nibrack11
nibrack11
  • Predictions:  483  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  361
  • Post Score: 112

03.26.2012 | 6:31 PM ET

gordeau vs tuli when the big guy charged at him i was thinking what he is going to do try and get him down and lay on him and then  gordeau backed up and the tuli fell he looked over at him and wham! right to the face instantly made his eye swell and some of his teeth were gone my jaw dropped and it was even funnier how the ref didnt know exactly what to do either to stop it or let it go his reaction was one in a million lol.

"The Road To Success Is Always Under Construction!!!!"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight