Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Luque vs. Dos Anjos

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,271
  • Post Score: 47

05.11.2023 | 2:54 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Vicente Luque   defeats   Rafael dos Anjos   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Cub Swanson   defeats   Hakeem Dawodu   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Khalil Rountree Jr.   defeats   Chris Daukaus   via KO/TKO, Straight Left   2:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Iasmin Lucindo   defeats   Polyana Viana   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:42 Round 2 of 3, 8:42 Total Bout Page
AJ Dobson   defeats   Tafon Nchukwi   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Josh Fremd   defeats   Jamie Pickett   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marcus McGhee   defeats   JP Buys   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   2:19 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Terrance McKinney   defeats   Mike Breeden   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Isaac Dulgarian   defeats   Francis Marshall   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Martin Buday   defeats   Josh Parisian   via Submission, Kimura   4:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jaqueline Amorim   defeats   Montserrat Conejo Ruiz   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:41 Round 3 of 3, 13:41 Total Bout Page
Da'Mon Blackshear   defeats   Jose Johnson   via Submission, Twister   3:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Luana Santos   defeats   Juliana Miller   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:41 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 7

ChoRo
ChoRo
  • Predictions:  588  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: -69

08.09.2023 | 4:41 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 351st

Luque vs. dos Anjos
Vicente Luque, DEC
Low Confidence - I like Luque but recent health issues make me nervous.

Swanson vs. Dawodu
Hakeem Dawodu, DEC
Hakeem coasts to a decision - High confidence.

Rountree vs. Daukaus
Khalil Rountree, TKO, R1
Khalil should take this easily. Mid-confidence as Khalil has **** the bed before.

Viana vs. Lucindo
Iasmin Lucindo, DEC
Zero confidence. Lucindo should win as the minute winner but if this hits the ground Viana could pull ahead.

Nchukwi vs. Dobson
AJ Dobson, DEC
Low confidence - I know very little about AJ but Tafon is a choke artist. (Performance wise not Grappling).

Fremd vs. Pickett
Josh Fremd, SUB, R1
High Confidence - Pickett isn’t UFC level.

McGhee vs. Buys
Marcus McGhee, TKO, R1
High confidence - McGhee mercs JP. JP too fragile and this is a stylistic nightmare matchup.

McKinney vs. Breeden
Terrance McKinney, SUB, R1
Medium Confidence - I’m a big fan of Terrance but he’s cost me before. It’s 1st Round or bust for T-Wrecks imo

Marshall vs. Dulgarian
Francis Marshall, DEC
Low confidence- I’ll take the dude with a bit more experience against higher level competition.

Parisian vs. Buday
Martin Buday, DEC
Low Confidence - Both are awful, will likely end in a messy decision.

Ruiz vs. Amorim
Jaqueline Amorim, DEC
Zero confidence - Amorim crashed a lot of parlays last time but Hughes blatantly cheated. On paper she should be better but WMMA is chaotic at best.

Blackshear vs. Johnson
Da'Mon Blackshear, DEC
Low confidence - I like da’mon but I know nothing of his opponent.

Miller vs. Santos
Luana Santos, DEC
Santos should win every moment on the ground but getting it there may be challenging, Miller is scrappy af. I’ll take Santos but low confidence.

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,554  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,347
  • Post Score: 150

08.09.2023 | 5:42 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 700 Points   |   Tied for 268th

The line for roundtree went from -225 to -180. What do the bookies know?!?
Lisac
Lisac
  • Predictions:  1,567  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  416
  • Post Score: 205

08.09.2023 | 7:54 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 2343rd

That he's gonna whoop Daukaus?
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 3 days, and 22 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,184  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,276
  • Post Score: 89

08.09.2023 | 8:02 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 3184th

@mothswords seen a lot of “cappers” or “betting experts” on Twitter betting daukaus because of this stupid theory that Vegas is 0-9 on predicting rountree fights. They think Vegas is gonna be wrong again so they want to capitalize. They’re just throwing money away tho 

* Edited at 08.09.2023, 8:03 AM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Standard_Split
Standard_Split
  • Predictions:  12  |  83.3%
  • Forum Posts:  179
  • Post Score: 168

08.09.2023 | 9:49 AM ET

Even more interesting is Daukaus by sub opened at +2000 and has been bet down 5 separate times now all the way down to +800. This is a fighter who is a BJJ black belt but has only 1 sub on his entire record (I think?). Sometimes you need to follow the $$$ 
Ezbrees99
Ezbrees99
  • Predictions:  1,251  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  105

08.09.2023 | 10:23 AM ET

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 865 Points   |   Tied for 3rd with 1 other

@Kniferusty 
iidk if Fremd can even get by Pickett
Ezbrees99
Ezbrees99
  • Predictions:  1,251  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  105

08.09.2023 | 10:27 AM ET

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 865 Points   |   Tied for 3rd with 1 other

@Kniferusty 
Fremd reminds me of Joseph Holmes
Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,652  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

08.09.2023 | 10:33 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 1536th

McGhee vs. Buys
Marcus McGhee, TKO, R2
McGhee showed off his impressive skill set in his UFC debut despite a short time in the spotlight. His ability to do damage on striking exchanges and his penchant for trading with Journey Newson shows McGhee’s potential advantage. Although Buys has boxing skills, McGhee's sharp punching allows him to exploit perceived athletic deficiencies and durability problems. Given McGhee’s recent success by submission and his desire to make a mark in the division, the chances are high that he capitalizes on striking opportunities against Buys, earning him a second-round TKO victory.

McKinney vs. Breeden
Mike Breeden, TKO, R1
Looking at McKinney’s recent performances, it’s clear that his transition to a more patient approach hasn’t been possible. This change in style seems to have affected both his heart and his performance. While he has shown boxing and punching skills in recent fights, his inability to keep his composure has been his downfall. Breeden, on the other hand, may not have had a successful journey in the UFC, but he has shown his ability to hang in tough situations. Given McKinney's penchant for early wins but late implosion, it stands to reason that Breeden's resilience could play an important role. McKinney’s potential early success may give him an early lead, but if Breeden can weather the storm, McKinney’s heart issues could rebound. This leaves Breeden open to step in and take advantage of McKinney’s weakness to get the Round 1 KO win.

Marshall vs. Dulgarian
Isaac Dulgarian, DEC
While Dulgerian’s previous matches weren’t high level, his ability to impose his offensive tactics on opponents quickly and even if Marshall displayed a pressing style, Dulgerian’s punching would negate that advantage. While Marshall is a solid prospect, Dulgerian's unique attack ability could tip the scales forward, making a decision win a plausible outcome despite the fight being basically 50/50.

Parisian vs. Buday
Martin Buday, TKO, R1
With a relentlessly straightforward approach and proven ability to press opponents against the fence, Martin Buday will likely utilize his huge frame advantage on Parisian given his struggles against big grinders. An aggressive approach should help him exploit these weaknesses and moreover, Buday's durable and past success in the UFC demonstrates his potential if he earns his first knockout victory.

Ruiz vs. Amorim
Jaqueline Amorim, SUB, R1
Considering Amorim's reputation as a skilled grappler who often ends her opponents on the mat in the first round, it's a strong possibility that she'll aim to use her grappling prowess early on fight against Ruiz. Since Ruiz's unconventional style is based on head and hand shots and her penchant for submissions, Amorim could see an opportunity to utilize Ruiz's one-note style if Amorim can start changing grappling in the opening round and enable her to get a submission victory.

Blackshear vs. Johnson
Da'Mon Blackshear, SUB, R2
Blackshear has shown improvement since his debut in the UFC, showcasing an aggressive boxing style that has fought back and forth and has shown an ability to overwhelm opponents and take advantage of opportunities on the ground. Johnson, meanwhile, is making his UFC debut and is known for his aggressive starts and dynamic grappling. Blackshear's experience and ability to handle chaotic situations gives him an advantage. Despite potentially wild changes of pace, Blackshear's athleticism should allow him to take advantage of opportunities and win the fight by round 2 sub.

Miller vs. Santos
Juliana Miller, DEC
Considering Juliana Miller’s past play and aggressive wrestling style, she could use her size advantage and strong determination to control the pace of the fight. While her recent bout with Veronica Hardy ended in disappointment, it should be noted that Hardy is the faster hitter than Miller. However, in this upcoming fight against UFC newcomer Santos who can but with limited results, Miller can use his grappling skills to control the fight on the ground Miller's tenacity and aggressiveness combined with his experience that 10 Planet Jiu Jitsu ambassadors can help her gain strength positions and control possession time The strategy, along with Santos’ still-developing game and vulnerability to aggressive opponents, dictate Miller has a strong chance of winning this fight.

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

Mav58
Mav58
  • Predictions:  651  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,514
  • Post Score: 93

08.09.2023 | 11:36 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   3713th Place

Fremd vs. Pickett
Jamie Pickett, DEC
Pickett isn't great, but I'm not sold on Fremd at all. His best win is maybe Travis Davis and he has no mean streak so far in the UFC. And except for the Dumass fight he sometimes doesn't use his best avenue to victory. Pickett at least has some UFC experience with wins over lower-level guys.

McGhee vs. Buys
Marcus McGhee, TKO, R2
Buys' losses have aged very well actually, but he kinda got bullied in all of them. I hope he can get a win here but especially up in weight this is tough.

McKinney vs. Breeden
Terrance McKinney, TKO, R1
Please McKinney!

Parisian vs. Buday
Josh Parisian, DEC
This is 50/50 to me so let's get this upset pick! Both are huge and pretty low-volume strikers. Josh might be more active from range.

Mav58
Mav58
  • Predictions:  651  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,514
  • Post Score: 93

08.09.2023 | 11:39 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   3713th Place

Wow Luana Santos is pretty. Not that that matters lol, I haven't seen her fight before so idk how to pick this. Her and juju are both grapplers.
Meluka
Meluka
  • Predictions:  303  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  213
  • Post Score: 219

08.09.2023 | 11:49 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3876th

This card seems full of fights where I wanna be confident in one guy but there’s just one or two things holding me back from fully committing. 

What are other people feeling as best bets for this card? Feel like McKinney has to be able to beat Breeden, also thinking Tafon and Francis Marshall may be decent too, what are other people’s thoughts?
PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,240  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  722
  • Post Score: 257

08.09.2023 | 11:56 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3446th

i wouldn't bet this card at all. there's bellator for that this week.

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,554  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,347

08.09.2023 | 12:13 PM ET

Meluka

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 700 Points   |   Tied for 268th

Don't bother betting on this card. It's a bunch of mid fighters so just save your money until an easier card comes around 
Andrew1047
Andrew1047
  • Predictions:  4,275  |  82.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,813
  • Post Score: -82

08.09.2023 | 12:16 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3446th

I'm skipping betting this card too apart from O1.5s or mabye live betting. Bellator and 292 are much easier.

* Edited at 08.09.2023, 12:16 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 7 hours, and 6 minutes from now.
MMAparlay69
MMAparlay69
  • Predictions:  384  |  82.3%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: -18

08.09.2023 | 12:33 PM ET

Tafom will win this.. Dobson doesn’t have striking like Carlos. Also don’t think he’ll hit a Hail Mary flying near like Azamat did
This user is suspended from posting until 8 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, and 20 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,184  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,276
  • Post Score: 89

08.09.2023 | 12:44 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 3184th

I agree. Dobson looks very gunshy to me. He doesn’t do anything wrong defensively and actually has good awareness, but he has no idea how to counter strike and seems lost when he’s not the hammer 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

TheWormLumbriga
TheWormLumbriga
  • Predictions:  1,562  |  77.8%
  • Forum Posts:  34

08.09.2023 | 1:26 PM ET

luque is sucks

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 388th

Lucindo/Buday Cash in hand

"Brazilian amateur fighter 0-0"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,412  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,551
  • Post Score: 128

08.09.2023 | 3:19 PM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 775 Points   |   Tied for 33rd with 8 others

He might have been suffering from a bout of Manel Kape. Let's see if he's recovered for this one.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,328  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,342
  • Post Score: 136

08.09.2023 | 4:36 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 695 Points   |   Tied for 299th

Mark my words Josh Fremd will look like a world beater against Jamie, which like when Bo did it will do nothing but get him a win.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

InsertNameHere00
InsertNameHere00
  • Predictions:  2,620  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 186

08.09.2023 | 5:00 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 1163rd

Luque vs. dos Anjos
Rafael dos Anjos, DEC
RDA 49-46

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : McCaskill vs Price: Live updates and results, 2:30 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Legend Joe Moreira Promoted To 9th Degree Red Belt
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results, 10 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania Stream: Hottest UFC Rumors, Weird MMA News And Much More
  • Jits Magazine : Who’s Number One 23: Nicholas Meregali vs Vagner Rocha Full Results And Review
  • Jits Magazine : Two Title-Fights Announced For Who’s Number One 24
  • MMAFighting.com : Misfits Boxing 14 Results: Salt Papi vs. Amadeusz Ferrari
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Lomachenko vs. Kambosos Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘Future Looks Bright’ For TJ Dillashaw
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis Results: Lewis vs. Nascimento
  • MMA Junkie : Benoit Saint Denis previews ADXC 4 headliner: Marc Diakiese 'tough opposition, but I'm more than ready'
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Predicts Poirier’s Guillotine Demise
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Watch LFA's best fight finishes from April 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Black Beast’ In WWE?
  • MMA Junkie : PFL CEO Pete Murray: Jake Paul will make 'biggest MMA debut ever' likely in 2025
  • MMA Mania : Video! Lomachenko, Kambosos Share Awkward Three-Minute Faceoff
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Official Lomachenko Vs. Kambosos Weigh-In Stream, Staredown
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis preview show: Will Derrick Lewis deliver another emphatic knockout? 
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen says UFC indicated title shot comes with Umar Nurmagomedov win, hopes for Sean O'Malley