Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Araujo

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,144
  • Post Score: 47

06.30.2022 | 3:22 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Alexa Grasso   defeats   Viviane Araujo   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Martinez   defeats   Cub Swanson   via KO/TKO, Leg Kicks   4:19 Round 2 of 3, 9:19 Total Bout Page
Duško Todorović   defeats   Jordan Wright   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:12 Round 2 of 3, 8:12 Total Bout Page
Raphael Assunção   defeats   Victor Henry   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Misha Cirkunov   via KO/TKO, Hooks   1:28 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Mana Martinez   defeats   Brandon Davis   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jacob Malkoun   defeats   Nick Maximov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joanderson Brito   defeats   Lucas Alexander   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Piera Rodriguez   defeats   Sam Hughes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tatsuro Taira   defeats   CJ Vergara   via Submission, Armbar   4:19 Round 2 of 3, 9:19 Total Bout Page
Pete Rodriguez   defeats   Mike Jackson   via KO/TKO, Knee   1:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 31

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,624  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

10.14.2022 | 2:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 7 Perfect, 765 Points   |   Tied for 34th with 6 others

Cirkunov vs. Menifield
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R2
I think Menifield wins with more ground and pound, but I could see Cirkunov pulling off a sneaky sub if he hangs out there too long without finding the finish.

Martinez vs. Davis
Mana Martinez, DEC
Davis is a great gatekeeper

Assunção vs. Henry
Victor Henry, SUB, R2
Assuncao should have retired 2-3 years ago

Maximov vs. Malkoun
Jacob Malkoun, DEC
Oh great, a wrestle**** between two guys who are only here because their friends got them in. Hopefully it cancels out into a standing brawl but these guys are both crotch sniffers so I doubt it.

Rodriguez vs. Hughes
Piera Rodriguez, DEC
Let's go La Fiera!!!

Jackson vs. Rodriguez
Pete Rodriguez, TKO, R1
Hopefully Jackson gets highlight-reeled so hard he retires from fighting and social media.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,095  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,844
  • Post Score: 174

10.14.2022 | 2:24 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2496th

And there goes the best fight on the card, deep deep down the ****ter 

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  515
  • Post Score: -15

10.14.2022 | 2:29 PM ET

prison mike blazes the biggest bowls

droppin' knowledge while lames say he trolls
this event is no bueno
i'll take mike's sub to go
jalapeno peppers, no mayo
don't worry my rulers
mike won't send them back to "that page"
please advise your civilians
while passing, keep hands out of Mikes' cage

This user is suspended from posting until 3 days, 15 hours, and 33 minutes from now.
naughtypanda69
naughtypanda69
  • Predictions:  3,399  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  144
  • Post Score: 190

10.14.2022 | 2:40 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3152nd

Henry vs Raphael is on main card.
Baz
Baz
  • Predictions:  461  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  226
  • Post Score: 191

10.14.2022 | 3:37 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 3686th

What is the exotic fruit Araujo?
Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,259  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,499
  • Post Score: -57

10.14.2022 | 3:46 PM ET

L-Andrew

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 6 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 744th

Another L. Your boy couldn't even make weight. Weak.

You are so lucky the fight didn't go ahead. You just avoided an asswhooping. Especially with the bad weight cut.

"Positivity is a positive"

CWright
CWright
  • Predictions:  5,744  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: 169

10.14.2022 | 3:47 PM ET

FIGHT PREDICTIONS

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 7 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 142nd

Grasso vs. Araujo
Alexa Grasso, DEC
It'll be a pretty even fight for the first 3 rounds, but I expect Grasso to be able to pull away in the championship rounds because of Araujo's gas tank issues. I think she'll get a 48-47 DEC win

Martinez vs. Swanson
Johnathon Martinez, DEC
Cub looked good on the scales today but his susceptibility to body shots and legs kicks really worry me as that tends to be Martinez's bread and butter. Since the Grant loss, Martinez has looked really good and defensively sound, so I think he can edge a decision here.

Todorovic vs. Wright
Dusko Todorovic, TKO, R2
Both guys have no concern for their well-being and this will be fireworks until its over. I just can't trust Wright. His chin is bad, his striking defense is bad, his resume is bad and after the first round he's half the fighter he is at the beginning of the fight. Some of these can be said about Dusko as well, but I like his strength of schedule a bit more. His performances in the UFC have also been more impressive to me. I also think he holds a grappling advantage, so I expect a G n' P TKO halfway through round 2.

Cirkunov vs. Menifield
Alonzo Menifield, KO, R1
Misha is washed, which is sad because the guy was a tank in his prime. But losing to Turman really left a bad taste in my mouth. This is by no means a lock as Menifield tends to have bad fight IQ at times, but I just feel it's most likely that he catches Misha with something big early.

Henry vs. Assuncao
Victor Henry, TKO, R3
As I'm writing this its unknown what the 5th fight on the main card will be so I'm assuming it's this one. Henry is the 135 dark horse. He sauced up Barcelos, who, at the time, I thought was the best unranked 135er. Assuncao is old and his chin is fading. Henry has insane volume and movement, he's just gonna be way too quick for 40 year old Assuncao. Hope Raphael hangs it up after this one.

Davis vs. Martinez
Brandon Davis, TKO, R2
I like the dog shot with Davis here. He gets hit a lot but he's pretty durable. He got knocked out by Danaa, but I'd say he's one of the hardest hitters in the division. I hope he decides to grapple here as he will have an advantage. I haven't been that impressed with Mana in his UFC run. He squeaked by Cannetti (which actually doesn't look horrible now), but that decision could've went either way imo. And just got mopped by Lawrence. He is a power puncher, which is scary, but I still think Davis is one of the better value underdogs on the card.

Malkoun vs. Maximov
Jacob Malkoun, DEC
I've heard both sides of this fight, but I just really like Malkoun as a dog. He seems to only struggle with really heavy power punchers, which Maximov is not. His ability to deal with grapplers is very impressive though. I thought he beat Brendan Allen, who kind of fights the same way as Maximov. His wrestling is very strong and I think if he gets on top, Maximov won't be able to get him off. He may threaten with submissions, but Malkoun is aware enough on the ground not to get caught.

Brito vs. Alexander
Joanderson Brito, SUB, R1
Not much to say, Alexander was submitted in both his losses, Brito has good subs, Alexander isn't UFC level yet, it's short notice, Brito is just better. 

Rodriguez vs. Hughes
Piera Rodriguez, DEC
Sam Hughes just doesn't go away. I was calling for her to be cut after she lost 3 in a row, and now all of a sudden she's on a two fight win streak. But I think Piera is legit. She hits hard and can grapple well. Hughes' bread and butter is her wrestling, but I don't think it'll be that effective against Piera. It'll be close, but Piera 29-28 is the prediction.

Vergara vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, DEC
Two guys relatively young in their career. Vergara should be 0-2 in the UFC imo and I just haven't liked what I've seen. His striking is sloppy, his striking defense is bad, he has been out grappled by someone who has worse grappling then Taira. I just don't see a way for him to win. Taira backpacked Candelario and was able to reverse positions easily. As long as he doesn't throw this one away it should be an easy win for him.

Jackson vs. Rodriguez
Pete Rodriguez, TKO, R1
The UFC feels bad for what Della did to Pete, so they've given him a layup fight. Mike Jackson is not a real fighter and the only way he wins is if Pete pokes him in the eye or nut shots him. I don't see a lengthy first UFC run for Pete, but he HAS to win this fight. Mike Jackson can't keep getting away with this.

And if you're curious I made some bets

Parlay 1: Taira ML, Jackson and Rodriguez does not go the distance and Henry ML
Parlay 2: Menifield to win by finish or DQ, Hughes and Rodriguez over 1.5, Todorovic and Wright does not go the distance.

"Moicano wants money" - Renato Moicano, November 12, 2022

Rah123
Rah123

10.14.2022 | 3:50 PM ET

Ayy

We have to stop agreeing with each other.

Of all the fights to lose.

It was a lock for Royval. Askarov didn't even show up. He avoided the fight. Can you imagine, the Russian who looks like he hasn't eaten in 6 months missing weight? He knew he was losing and ducked Royval. If he had lost to KKF and Royval back to back there go his title shot aspirations. Weak.

Rah123
Rah123

10.14.2022 | 3:52 PM ET

SirSpud

No actually. The odds are spot on. Henry is the real deal. He may have not been as impressive a few years ago but right now he is top 15 material. 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,026  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,129
  • Post Score: 88

10.14.2022 | 3:54 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1873rd

I doubt he ducked royval, he’s just a weight bully. Not the first time he’s had weight issues. Hes just too big for flyweight but doesn’t have the discipline to consistently get his weight down or move up 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Rah123
Rah123

10.14.2022 | 3:54 PM ET

Erison

I just cannot believe how people don't see how good Royval is. And when they say his grappling isn't that good. Smh. Seriously. What are you guys watching. 

Rah123
Rah123

10.14.2022 | 3:55 PM ET

Ayy

He would have lost this fight badly. I think he ducked. Anyway we just lost the best fight of the card. Smh

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,669  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,523
  • Post Score: 13

10.14.2022 | 3:57 PM ET

Rah

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1982nd

Whos a better grappler. Royval or Cirkunov?

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

I really don’t think so. But yes, it’s a travesty we lost this fight. I was so excited for it; best matchup on the card 

Rah123
Rah123

Gliesie

Don't worry my friend. We still have Pete Rodriguez vs Mike Jackson 

Rah123
Rah123

10.14.2022 | 4:00 PM ET

JR

Is that actually a question? Pound for pound definitely Royval.

I loved how Cirkunov got caught in an armbar. From guard. In mens mma. Not womens. Mens. Against who? Against Wellington Turman who almost lost to Sam Alvey.

Armbar from guard. In mens mma. And he tapped quicker than I can say chicken dinner.

Cirkunov, don't make me laugh.

Rah123
Rah123

10.14.2022 | 4:04 PM ET

Ayy

Me too. Damn what a fight to lose. Well at least we still have Maximov vs Malkoun. Pretty excited for that from a grappling POV. I think Maximov has next level wrestling and the way he combines his cardio, wrestling and bjj is incredible. I don't understand how he lost to Petrovski and made such basic errors there but I think he is the real deal. I really like Malkoun but Maximov is really really good.

And btw guys, stop saying Malkoun is Whittakers BJJ coach. He is not. I know these guys slightly. He is not.

* Edited at 10.14.2022, 4:04 PM ET *

Rah123
Rah123

10.14.2022 | 4:08 PM ET

Bananas

Hows this for a ****** pick for UFC 280 for ya?

Makhachev destroys oliviera in under 5 minutes?

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

10.14.2022 | 4:09 PM ET

I feel like that fight could be boring but hopefully it is a good grappling affair. I’m not sold on Maximov but after rewatching allen vs malkoun I’ve gone on the Maximov side. Malkoun looked good but allen doesn’t really have good tdd and is also content with playing off of his back. His gas tank also looked bad in that one. I don’t think it’s gonna be nearly as easy to takedown Maximov. If he was tired from taking down allen he’s gonna be really tired facing another wrestler who knows what he’s doing. That petroski fight was a really bad look for Maximov but idk, petroski is dangerous in the first 

* Edited at 10.14.2022, 4:11 PM ET *

Rah123
Rah123

10.14.2022 | 4:14 PM ET

Bananas

And as for your butt buddy Askarov. 

The fool couldn't even make weight let alone win the fight. You got an L right there. 

Looks like a 13 year old girl and couldn't even make weight. We aren't talking Paulo Costa here. That skinny Russian couldn't make weight. Are you serious?

And you thought he would come in with enough cardio to pin down a machine like Royval for 15 minutes without gassing out.

Boy you guys (Yourself, L-Andrew etc) actually don't know anything about MMA or actual fighting do you. You just sit at your keyboard tapping away like morons pretending you know ****. And that's what you know. ****.

🤡

Page 31

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef