Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Gane vs. Tuivasa

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,041
  • Post Score: 47

04.30.2022 | 12:27 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.03.2022 at 12:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Gane vs. Tuivasa
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Paris
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Accor Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Paul Felder, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $3,404,346
  • Attendance: 15,405
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Tai Tuivasa   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:23 Round 3 of 5, 14:23 Total Bout Page
Robert Whittaker   defeats   Marvin Vettori   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nassourdine Imavov   defeats   Joaquin Buckley   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Roman Kopylov   defeats   Alessio Di Chirico   via KO/TKO, Combination Punches   1:09 Round 3 of 3, 11:09 Total Bout Page
William Gomis   defeats   Jarno Errens   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nathaniel Wood   defeats   Charles Jourdain   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abus Magomedov   defeats   Dustin Stoltzfus   via KO/TKO, Front Kick and Punches   0:19 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nasrat Haqparast   defeats   John Makdessi   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Fares Ziam   defeats   Michal Figlak   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Benoit Saint-Denis   defeats   Gabriel Miranda   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   0:16 Round 2 of 3, 5:16 Total Bout Page
Cristian Quiñonez   defeats   Khalid Taha   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   3:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Stephanie Egger   defeats   Ailin Perez   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:54 Round 2 of 3, 9:54 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 33

AndresMontana
AndresMontana
  • Predictions:  2,846  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,209
  • Post Score: -6

08.31.2022 | 1:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1050th

Gane vs. Tuivasa
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R3
Free money🤑🤑🤑🤑, Tuivasa needs to pressure and hasnt the tools to do it, Gane is better everywhere ( striking ( clinch-long distance) cardio, in the ground, IQ)

Whittaker vs. Vettori
Robert Whittaker, DEC
Whittaker is goin to outclass him, Vettori has slow hands, no power , telegraph wrestling if Whittaker is in Shape this is not even close

Di Chirico vs. Kopylov
Roman Kopylov, DEC
Former Italian Football Player vs Russian hand to hand champion ( no breakdown needed )

Haqparast vs. Makdessi
Nasrat Haqparast, DEC
Haqparast looks like an old fighter, no motivation, no good body shape, even saying that, if he loses vs a Taekwon-do old fighter Haqparast should find a New job.

Gomis vs. Errens
William Gomis, DEC
Errens is a youtube fighter🤣🤣🤣 Gomis has the enough wrestling to work the YouTube can and win this confortably

Jourdain vs. Wood
Charles Jourdain, TKO, R3
Jourdain bullied Burgos in the 3rd round, this midgest vs Jourdain is gonna try to wrestle and kicking the legs 15 minutes, but he is goin to gass and lossing this. He is goin to enter in the Jourdain highlights. 😎🇨🇦

Stoltzfus vs. Magomedov
Abusupiyan Magomedov, DEC
Magomedov better everywhere, better muay thai, pressure style solid wrestling. Stoltzfus lost against USA cans like Meerschaert and Daukaus and eating the jab of Rodolfo Vieira all night, easy for Abu.😎🇷🇺

Ziam vs. Figlak
Michal Figlak, DEC
Ziam would lose even vs Jessica Andrade, cause he is like a sugar in the coffee under pressure , Figlak seems solid to win this.

Imavov vs. Buckley
Nassourdine Imavov, DEC
Imavov is better everywhere, good clinch, good jab, better in the ground, he should outclass this bodybuilder

Saint-Denis vs. Miranda
Benoit Saint-Denis, DEC
Miranda is goin to live the same fight who Saint Dennis experience vs Zaleski, but in the ground😎😎

Taha vs. Quiñonez
Khalid Taha, DEC
The people picks Quinonez now cause they re upset cause they picked Taha vs Barcelos, Morozov but Quinonez is not that level, not even close, Quinonez would be a taco seller if he wasnt in the UFC. Quinonez no gas tank, no good wrestling and many holes in the short distance. Taha looks like a Villain of Aladdin and he is goin to show the magic😎

Perez vs. Egger
Stephanie Egger, TKO, R2
The 32% who picked Pérez is cause they want to see her twerking if she wins the fight 🤣 Pérez is not a wrestler, she was wrestling vs women bus drivers, thats different

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 4 weeks, 15 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,423  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,680
  • Post Score: 166

08.31.2022 | 1:11 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 1336th

if I'm being honest I actually agree with Duck that Gane is the best striker ever at hw. but yes Erison you hit the nail on the head. we're here to talk intangibles 
theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,327  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

08.31.2022 | 1:33 PM ET

The only thing worse than the 32% of people that pick Perez

are the people that actually put -300 money on Stephanie Freaking Egger.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,416
  • Post Score: 129

08.31.2022 | 1:34 PM ET

@el222

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 730 Points   |   50th Place

Lots of talk about Gane Ngannou. I'm glad el222 pointed out that Gane won under the rules because he should have been declared the winner regardless of his stupid move at the end of the fight where he gave up position. I do think though that had he not done that the judges would have given him the 5th and the win but they should have done so anyway if they followed the rules.

So he won according to the scoring criteria and he won the overall performance metrics not taking rounds and rules into account. It was impressive that Francis managed to put himself in a position to have the judges get it wrong in his favor considering he fought with bad knees.

I think Gane is a favorite in a rematch but nothing crazy, probably 60/40. Ngannou will have healed up (hopefully) and evolved his game since the last fight, you have to consider how well he eventually learned from his loss to Stipe and the same thing could happen here to close the gap a bit.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,997  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,085
  • Post Score: 88

08.31.2022 | 1:44 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 2748th

I think pooeyvasa might get subbed. He’s got a good chin but no ground game whatsoever 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,686  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

08.31.2022 | 1:45 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 5 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 2257th

I’m not even sure Francis on two healthy knees would match up better. He’d probably be less inclined to wrestle, and would try to box Gane, and I think he’d lose badly. I think his pivot was the reason he won. 
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,596  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,521
  • Post Score: 13

08.31.2022 | 2:30 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 2273rd

Yall see makdessi talking **** to nasrat

Still remember when this dude chickened out of that devonte fight

He knew what was coming 

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,556
  • Post Score: 262

08.31.2022 | 2:35 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2094th

@erison. I wouldn’t bet big on either side, I think both guys are incredible athletes and fighter, it could go either way, Francis has 2 knees and Gane has time to improve his grappling, Gane only had 10 fights

My problem is that all you are doing is ****ting on Francis to praise Gane, and the difference between me and you is that I’m praising Francis to praise Gane, That the only way you can do it when in both of they’re last fight, Francis beat him, I think they about equal at the moment, I fell like also calling Gane the champion after just losing to the champion is dumb also, Francis is the champ, Come on

Gane fought Francis and not die standing up and even better force him to wrestle because he winning the standup, That really impress me because Francis is a beast and Gane has like 10 pro fights, If Gane can improve his Wresling and or avoid Curtis Blaydes, he going to dominant for a while 

"Quack quack quack"

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,407  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,038
  • Post Score: 215

08.31.2022 | 2:39 PM ET

@Duck

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2406th

Who's ****ting on N'Gannou? All Erison is saying is that Gane won the striking exchanges and forced Francis to switch his game plan. I think you and Erison are really on the same page, except you are more impressed by N'Gannou's in-fight adjustments than Erison is.

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

MMABUFFBETS
MMABUFFBETS
  • Predictions:  899  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: -400

08.31.2022 | 2:42 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 2273rd

Easy Money This Week LFG 

"So we’re throwing spinning sh*t now?"

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

08.31.2022 | 2:45 PM ET

So it's confirmed that Blaydes is getting the winner of this main event?  
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,416
  • Post Score: 129

08.31.2022 | 3:35 PM ET

@depmode33

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 730 Points   |   50th Place

Yeah, both of these kids look good and that kid Blaydes looks good as well. They're up there for sure.  We'll see what happens. 

* Edited at 08.31.2022, 3:36 PM ET *

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

el222
el222

08.31.2022 | 4:24 PM ET

bro Duck I literally can't even argue with you lol I don't think you understand what we're saying 
el222
el222

08.31.2022 | 4:27 PM ET

I like both Gane and Tai a lot, but if I'm being unbiased, Blaydes smokes both of em
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,556
  • Post Score: 262

08.31.2022 | 5:04 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2094th

I think the winner of this fight is going to be fighting for the belt next, I just think the timeline make sense, Francis should heal up from the injury and need a fight early next year, Also the UFC want the belt off Francis because he hard to work with, Gane vs Francis 2 is another 50-50 fight IMO, I favour Francis against everyone else though

Also, if you were the UFC, Would you want  Gane to fight the only heavyweight who an elite wresler after what happen in the Francis fight, Most likely not

"Quack quack quack"

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

08.31.2022 | 5:20 PM ET

If Tai wins then most definately he should get the next title shot but if he loses, he should get matched up with Sergei Pavlovich next in a very fun explosive matchup.  

If Gane wins, he should probably get Blaydes next but it's a tough matchup for him.  He has to land the kill shot early on Blaydes if he doesn't wanna get outgrappled for 5 rounds straight.  

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

08.31.2022 | 5:53 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 646th

Ziam vs. Figlak
Fares Ziam, DEC
I'm glad the UFC re signed Ziam, he deserved another chance. He was on a 1 fight losing streak with a decent 2-2 record, with a quality win over Mullarkey and a loss to red hot prospect Mc Kinney. Nothing to be ashamed about at just 25 years old. That being said, this is not an easy fight at all...

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

AscendantMMA
AscendantMMA
  • Predictions:  75  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 175

08.31.2022 | 6:37 PM ET

UFC Paris Thoughts!

Gane vs Tuivasa: Gane's constant feinting and speed is going to freeze Tai up and make him fight unnatural, which is a huge disservice to where he excels. I think Tai will be forced to close distance and clinch and the ease that Lewis tripped and threw Tai multiple times worries me that Cyril will dominate in clinch range with head position, size and strength. I don't see an area where Tai wins this fight - Cyril is just too defensively aware even moving backwards. Tai should be finishing every combo with kicks to the body and legs given how good Cyril is at getting his head off centre line. Gane should win this convincingly. Would be more inclined to play a submission finish given Tai's durability and probably inevitable fatigue but after Cyril threw the Ngannou fight away with the heel hook attempt, I think he will be more hesitant here. Cyril UD.

Whittaker vs Vettori: closer than the odds would indicate. I am always worried when a fighter talks pre-fight about moving divisions so Rob has me nervous. Fully expect Rob's counter wrestling ability to balance Marvin's constant chain wrestling. Close on the feet but Rob is more technical and his ability to fight on the outside should allow him to win a close decision.

Jourdain vs Wood: Wood with his first real test at Featherweight here. I think he comes out hard and fast and initially his speed will worry Jourdain. Wood will fade as the fight goes on and Charles will get better and I think that may be the story of the fight. On the feet it is pretty close but the obvious size difference is a little too much to look past IMO. Jourdain will use his straight shots and technical kickboxing and will have the power and durability edge. Wood needs to wrestle consistently to win this one and I am not sure he can do it for 3 full rounds against a guy like Jourdain who doesn't stop. Playing Charles RD 3, little play but the pick is Jourdain via

morales1987
morales1987
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  46
  • Post Score: -113

08.31.2022 | 10:11 PM ET

Idk Taha Wood and Makdessi🧐
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 1 week, 4 days, 4 hours, and 4 minutes from now.
IsraelUsman
IsraelUsman
  • Predictions:  13  |  84.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 100

09.01.2022 | 12:06 AM ET

Ziam lost to mularkey idc what judges bs is spewed. Figlak will mess him up!!

* Edited at 09.01.2022, 12:06 AM ET *

Page 33

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'