Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 48

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

05.22.2022 | 10:20 AM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.22.2022 | 4:24 PM ET

Bozo Boris

* Edited at 05.22.2022, 4:25 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.22.2022 | 6:16 PM ET

It sounds horrible to say, but the best thing that could happen now for Ukraine is Zelensky and the other  US/EU installations being taken out. The screws are really tightening on the Ukrainian people. This year's Harvest is expected to be an imminent disaster which is going to result in widespread starvation not just for Ukrainians but for other areas of Eastern Europe too. The global fallout on top of that is horrific.

Vlad has stated he's willing to negotiate but that's not being reciprocated, and negotiations are well overdue. At this point no decisions made by the US-backed Zelensky regime benefits the Ukrainian people can or will benefit them immediately nor long-term. It's just a ******* disaster everywhere you look.

Despite all the arms and aid sent to Ukraine, Russia continues to expand its foothold. The ruble is being more widely circulated than it was prior to the War and holds firm. Sanctions, aid, arms--none of it has worked. More people are dying, more people are being displaced.

I very much doubt 40B packages to Ukraine and arms can or will continue and without continued cash flow Ukraine basically collapses overnight. This is what is propping up their entire war effort, and the longer it goes on, and the more people in the US, but moreso the EU, suffer as a result of it, the more pressure there will be to desist. It's inevitable, especially with midterms looming in the US. The gloss has worn off.

Some kind of treaty needs to be hammered out now, not later. There won't be a later.

* Edited at 05.22.2022, 6:17 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.22.2022 | 7:35 PM ET

Its hard for me to say cause im not a Ukrainian and Ukraine isnt my land, but I think it would have been better to seek an immediate peace deal at the start of the war, come to terms, more or less submitting to Russia. Again im not a Ukrainian and its not my fight, but there is such a thing as doing things in vain, or things ending in, or being lost in vain, and as a long time student of war history and warfare, I do know that sometimes you must submit to a superior foe, living to fight another day or living to fight on in other more constructive ways, sparing much bloodshed and loss. Many would disagree, saying you must fight on to the death.... I am not saying they are wrong, but life is sacred, and the preservation of life should be all of our duties and natural inclinations

* Edited at 05.22.2022, 7:41 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

05.22.2022 | 8:09 PM ET

That is called appeasement. It didn't work out to well in the past history

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,315
  • Post Score: 285

05.22.2022 | 8:09 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer

To the contrary, it reminds me of something I saw on the news a while back where a reporter asked a Ukrainian soldier on their views on the politics of the war and whether they should seek peace to live to fight another day and the soldier replied something along the lines of "why would be spare ourselves for later when there won't be anything worth fighting for later?" He's not right or wrong, just an interesting opinion from him. It'd be interesting to see if that's a common sentiment among the Ukrainian fighters but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. What I will say is that the ones still fighting voluntarily for their country despite the current outlook are made of something else!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.22.2022 | 10:14 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.22.2022 | 10:16 PM ET

@Xconchris Traditionalist Orthodox Russia is not Nazi Germany. Most of the Nazis are fighting with Ukrainians funnily given that Ukraine has a rich Jewish history. In Russia Nazis have to go low key or face court martial and jail.

* Edited at 05.22.2022, 11:47 PM ET *

Pokitren
Pokitren
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 167

05.23.2022 | 3:46 AM ET

In order for Ukraine not to collapse, it needs more help. More tanks, more missiles, multiple rocket launchers, more planes. Then Ukraine will reach its borders and the war will end. Otherwise, Putin's regime will win and continue to blackmail Europe and the world. 
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.23.2022 | 3:51 AM ET

Russia isn't 'blackmailing the world'. The reason there's a scarcity crisis is that the EU and the US  have sanctioned Russia. Vlad didn't make them do that. They chose to, and it has failed. Russia would have been willing to go about business as usual, and would absolutely return to pre-sanction markets if that was an option.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.23.2022 | 6:24 AM ET

Russia is gaining momentum it seems they are too rich in resources and willing/tough skinned people. The collective west has been caught like a deer in the headlights, without cheap Russian energy, especially for EU kingpin Germany, there is disorder and panic, a slow motion unraveling. Billions in the gutter and backroom pockets

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 7:12 AM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.23.2022 | 7:36 AM ET

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

05.23.2022 | 1:09 PM ET

Doesn't matter. Russia wont exist at the end of the century. Neither will Ukraine tbf. 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Moorlady
Moorlady

05.23.2022 | 2:51 PM ET

@Hadrian The landmass or the political entity?  What do you know?!

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 2:51 PM ET *

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,902  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

05.23.2022 | 3:06 PM ET

If you know... You know...

Colonel Bagshot - Six DaysWar

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

05.23.2022 | 4:03 PM ET

The political entity. Russia dies when putin dies. At least Russia in the state we know it 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.23.2022 | 4:04 PM ET

Maybe buy some with that 40B you just got handed?

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 4:05 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.23.2022 | 4:07 PM ET

Pokitren
Pokitren
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 167

05.24.2022 | 2:26 AM ET

Russia is not blackmailing the world? :) :) :) Russia says: it will be like I said, or I will kill civilians, seize territories, and may also use nuclear weapons - is this not blackmail?

And I think the world reacted precisely to threats to use nuclear weapons. This is unacceptable to civilized countries. 
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.24.2022 | 3:07 PM ET

George Orwell on war.

* Edited at 05.24.2022, 3:07 PM ET *

Page 48

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 4
  • Bad Left Hook : Tellez vs Jackson: Live discussion, 8 pm ET
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300: ‘I’m a Young Man’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Islam Makhachev of 'sniper' Leon Edwards: 'Be careful what you wish for'
  • MMA Mania : Officer ‘Bad Boy’ Reporting For Duty!
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Does the UFC hosting more events on the road mean APEX cards will soon end?
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko
  • UFC.com : Bogdan Guskov Wants To Establish Himself As A Contender
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Nicolau Stares Down Perez At APEX!
  • UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in results: 2 fighters miss weight
  • MMA Junkie : NAC withholds earnings from two UFC 300 winners; hearings scheduled
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Turned Down a Clash with Ketlen Vieira at UFC 303: ‘Stop Running and Sign the Contract’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results: Two fighters heavy – including 2.5-pound miss
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 video: Matheus Nicolau, Alex Perez make weight in Las Vegas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'