Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 45

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,145
  • Post Score: 333

04.23.2022 | 4:08 PM ET

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/russia-ukraine-war/story/special-operation-ukraine-nato-threat-russia-war-diplomat-1939945-2022-04-21

Ladies and gentlemen, we found the way to save face and exit the war as the victor!!

We crushed those Jewish Nazis, eliminated their military and now since they won't join NATO and put a agreement to not join NATO, we will leave victorious without them on our border!!

Finland has left the chatroom

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.23.2022 | 10:42 PM ET

@Chris you need to look up the definitions of 'probably' and 'allegedly'. I'm over-the-moon that Gonzo is alive. We're never going to agree on Trump, and he isn't relevant to this discussion. Switch off ancient aliens,try and stay on point, and develop some semblance of reading comprehension.

Boris Johnson is now saying that Russia 'could' win the war, is sending tanks to Poland, which is a pretty big shift in the rhetoric from just a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.ft.com/content/ae0c7ffe-d6d4-48f9-8777-f9c4bb16e899

In other news, Russia has stated that police and emergency services are now being rolled out in liberated Mariupol.

* Edited at 04.23.2022, 10:44 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.23.2022 | 10:57 PM ET

Also I'm going to get this thread ported to Autardistan. Probably shouldn't be on the main boards and there's people like check involved who have absolutely nothing to contribute other than bad-faith arguing who should really be excluded.

* Edited at 04.23.2022, 11:01 PM ET *

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

04.23.2022 | 11:07 PM ET

keep posting ******** Russian propaganda and keep saying how Ukraine deserves this and I'll continue my ******** posts too. ******* idiot getting upset that people dont buy into his dumb ******** sucking off ******* Vladimir Putin and his army on the internet every ******* day. hope you like war *****, you sure love talking about it like it's a sport

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

04.23.2022 | 11:08 PM ET

crying little ***** needs his own private forum because everyone here realizes what an unhinged ******* moron you are

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

04.23.2022 | 11:09 PM ET

quickly move the thread so the ***** can circlejerk his Russian propaganda in peace without me

wwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.23.2022 | 11:12 PM ET

^ This is what I mean.
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

hey Baldric is your ***** ass going to report me so I get banned for a week and get treated like you? i bet you're still bitter about getting banned during the week of a big PPV because you couldn't learn the shut the **** up

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

sir do you have a problem with me?

I'm just posting on a internet forum

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

04.23.2022 | 11:13 PM ET

I'd rather it stay on the normal forums but it's your choice at the end of the day 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

04.23.2022 | 11:17 PM ET

I wish I could sit on a MMA forum for hours at a time kissing Vladimir Putin's ass so everyone could see what a big dumb ***** I am. Oh no wait I think I'm having an existential crisis, I thought I was Baldric for a second

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.23.2022 | 11:21 PM ET

@check believe it or not, I've never reported anybody. You simply don't have the blood pressure for this topic and part of the deal was that I'd contain posts within a private group. Granted this thread existed before that, but yeah--it should be in there.

I neither want you to get suspended nor hope you do get suspended. But I also neither value your input on this subject or really any other, and I can't imagine why I'd want to talk with you about anything at all quite frankly.

Chris is ******** but he's a species of ******** I enjoy talking with and isn't prone to apoplexies, hair-pulling and general feces-smearing the way you are. Perhaps when you're a little older or have a ritalin prescription, we can revisit the possibility of you sitting at the adult's table. Until then you're just going to have to find some other walls to bang on I'm afraid.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.23.2022 | 11:23 PM ET

@Hadrian I  can only direct you to check's comments as a means of explaining why we can't have nice things.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.24.2022 | 1:46 AM ET

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

04.24.2022 | 1:43 PM ET

"🌽⚽️"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

04.26.2022 | 7:01 AM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.02.2022 | 4:09 PM ET

Russia has doubled normative oil revenue since the War in Ukraine began.

Doubled.

As I predicted. Also as predicted, Germany continues to be client #1. How much money is Germany funnelling into Russia per month? About  4.5B. Close to 5 Billion USD$ per month.

Now, I know this is going to make quite a few people in this thread salty, because they can't handle the fact that what I said would shake out has, and it is at this point I will be accused of using biased sources.

So Here's a link to Guardian--a left-wing publication

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/27/russia-doubles-fossil-fuel-revenues-since-invasion-of-ukraine-began

All the war has done is raise prices of everything in the West, whilst Russia has benefited from demand for oil. The embargo of Russian oil by Europe has proven to be--again, as I predicted--merely lip service. To put it simply, sanctions have achieved not only nothing, but precisely the opposite intended effect. Russia is now benefiting from increased demand for oil driving up crude prices whilst prices and the cost of production in the West has been driven up.The Ruble is now trading at its peak 2021 high (see image below) and if you had listened to the Fishrat and bought the dump, you'd be sitting pretty right now--assuming your broker let you buy it. How's crypto been doing over the last month, BTW?

Exxon, Shell, and BP continue to buy Russian crude, despite assuring the world they would not.

Remember the 'Ghost of Kyiv'? Yeah, never existed. It was just propaganda created by the Ukrainian Air force. As predicted.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2022/04/30/the-ghost-of-kyiv-who-was-never-real-just-got-killed-in-the-press/?sh=534bd09a3878

I also said interest in the war would drop off--mostly because the American public has the attention span of a Goldfish, and the war was and always was going to be just more chum in the feeding tube of entertainment.

Correct again.See below. From Google trends.

Oh sweet, summer children.
You truly have no idea who you're dealing with.

Even though exports from Russia have been reduced by the war and sanctions, the country’s dominance as a source of gas has meant cutting off supplies has only increased prices, which were already high because of tight supply as global economies recovered from the Covid-19 pandemic. Crude oil shipments from Russia to foreign ports fell by 30% in the first three weeks of April, compared with rates in January and February, before the invasion, according to the CREA data.

But the higher prices Russia can now command for its oil and gas mean its revenues, which flow almost directly to the Russian government through state-dominated companies, have risen even while sanctions and export restrictions bite. Russia has effectively caught the EU in a trap where further restrictions will raise prices further, cushioning its revenues despite the best efforts of EU governments.

* Edited at 05.02.2022, 4:15 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,316  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,320
  • Post Score: 285

05.02.2022 | 5:54 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling

One of my colleagues at work today said that Ukraine was winning the war thanks to Elon Musk because he's ordered the Starlink to hover over Ukraine to provide all of Ukraine with free WiFi while cutting off Russia's internet so that the Russian military units can't communicate with each other. I just said "Well it's good to see that Ukraine will win" in an attempt to end that conversation and he replied that they'll have won by July and they'd have Elon Musk to thank for it. He also added that Elon Musk would pay to repair all of the damaged infrastructure in Ukraine so Ukraine will be back to normal by the end of the year while Russia will be completely cut off from all funding from the west. 

Just thought that absolute dumpster fire of a conversation I had earlier would be interesting to dump into this thread.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.02.2022 | 6:05 PM ET

Latest is Russia is attacking Odessa now. Mariupol is totally secured, the Russians have even had parades there. Some good news is that the hostages being held by the last remnants of azov in the region were released upon negotiation. I don't know what the terms where but at soon as they were freed the Russkis went back to bombing the **** out of holed-up azov forces so whatever they were, it was a pretty ****** deal for the ukronazis.

Russia has pretty much totally cleared donbass and they are shelling Odessa right now and some railway system that Ukrainian forces are using to get equipment in from other areas of Europe.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.03.2022 | 5:23 PM ET

I had no idea that Oliver Stone made a documentary about the US-backed Coup in Ukraine back in 2014.

Page 45

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Ramirez vs Barthelemy: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : BKFC KnuckleMania 4, live stream, play-by-play and results
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 live results
  • Jits Magazine : Liisi Vaht Makes Flawless Debut In ONE Friday Fights 60 Results
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (9 p.m. ET)
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Recalls Justin Gaethje’s ‘Vibranium’ Leg Kicks: ‘This Guy Kick Hard As Sh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : Vanessa Demopoulos prepared to get used to familiarity with UFC opponents like Emily Ducote
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video at 9 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hoping For McGregor ‘Of Old’ At UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Esparza loses three belts on scale