Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 51

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

06.28.2022 | 11:18 AM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

06.29.2022 | 6:45 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

07.07.2022 | 10:31 PM ET

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,065  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,091
  • Post Score: 334

07.13.2022 | 9:42 AM ET

Been saying it over and over.

It will be a battle of resources. As the war drags in on Ukraine and they start switching from Soviet era weapons to NATO and US weapons while Russia depletes all resources.

Also find it funny how Russia vowed thier s-400 missle defence systems could stop Himars rockets. Proven very false. Billions wasted.  

Sustainability

A major general and up to a dozen Russian senior officers have been killed in the latest wave of strikes by Western precision weapons that have crippled Russian logistics.
Major General Artyom Nasbulin, the chief of staff of the 22nd Army Corps, was killed in a Himars rocket strike on a command post near Kherson, said Sergei Bratchuk, a spokesman for the Odesa region.
If confirmed, he would be the 12th Russian general killed in Ukraine since the war began.
Another strike on an arms depot in Nova Khakova on Monday night sent a
huge mushroom cloud towering into the air, and exposed Moscow's
reliance on railways to deliver weapons.
Videos showed ignited munitions flying out of the explosion that shattered windows in nearby houses.
Monday’s blast was the largest of a series of devastating explosions to hit Russian munitions supplies over the past two weeks.
Ukraine has been hammering Russian logistics and command posts daily
since long-range, high-precision Western weapons including the US Himars
systems arrived at the end of June.
The blasts have become such a regular occurrence that pro-Ukrainian
commentators on Twitter have taken to referring to the attacks as
“Himars o’clock.”
Now, analysts say the campaign is close to crippling the huge logistics chain supplying the Russian invasion force and could change the course of the war.
Russia’s logistics are especially vulnerable because they are disproportionately reliant on railways and manual labour.
Instead of being moved on pallets by forklift trucks, shells destined
for the front are often loaded by hand on to wagons in Russia, unloaded
by hand at railheads in Ukraine, and stored in large ammo dumps.
It's HIMARS o'clock pic.twitter.com/kRnFP1yTS4— Michael A. Horowitz (@michaelh992) July 11, 2022
When a unit needs supplies it sends a truck - usually a Ural 4320
six-wheeled lorry - to collect it, which is also loaded by hand.
That proved a weakness when Russian forces tried to storm ahead of
the railheads when they attacked Kyiv early in the war. Unable to
resupply their guns quickly enough, and with truck convoys being
ambushed, they were forced to retreat.
But during the two-month battle for Luhansk oblast between April and
June, the Russian railways successfully delivered enough ammunition for
the attackers to fire 20,000 shells a day, forcing the Ukrainians into retreat.
That worked until Ukraine received the ultra-accurate, long-range
rockets with which it is now wreaking havoc in the Russian rear.
Map of Russian arms depots attacked by Ukrainian strikes
Many of the supply dumps are in easily identifiable near the railway
lines, and have long been known to Ukrainian intelligence. With Russian
missile defence systems proving incapable of intercepting Himars
rockets, they are defenceless.
Some have argued that Russia will develop its own countermeasures,
including by dispersing targets like command posts and ammunition dumps,
better use of camouflage, and setting up dummy targets to cause the
Ukrainians to waste rockets.
“I’m sure measures will be taken, for example deployment of
observation aircraft. I hope they will detect something. A single
war-winning ‘wunderwaffe’ does not exist,” wrote Roman Sladkov, a
Russian war correspondent, referring to the Nazi V-weapons of the Second
World War.
Others are more pessimistic.
“Dispersing headquarters under a vertically centralised command
structure with archaic communications is simply impossible. Dispersing
depots is possible, but it requires maximal simplification and
automation of loading and unloading and delivery of ammunition…but the
whole process is still based on manual labour and ordinary wooden
boxes,” wrote Voenny Osvedomitel, a Russian war blog on Telegram.
Introducing such reforms “under the circumstances will take years or
in the best case months, so it is already too late,” it added. “We can
debate at length, but in the current situation we do not see any
universal and rapid solution to the problem.”
One drastic solution advocated by another Russian blogger would be to
destroy all the road and rail bridges across the Dnieper river in
central Ukraine with cruise missiles.
It is still unclear whether the Himars and Nato-standard 155mm
artillery strikes will swing the war decisively in Ukraine’s favour.
HIMARS is back in acton: another Russian ammo dump just exploded incredibly dramatically.🔥🇺🇦pic.twitter.com/U0CNEh6KkB— Jimmy (@JimmySecUK) July 11, 2022
Many frontline Ukrainian units overwhelmingly still rely on Soviet
legacy 152mm artillery for fire support. They remain heavily outgunned
and in some places have reported rationing as tight as 10 rounds a day.
The Russian army has long been aware of the vulnerability of
rail-based supply lines. It has a dedicated corps of railway troops
responsible for protecting and repairing trains Supplies are often moved in armoured trains carrying anti-aircraft
cannons and shoulder-launched surface-to-air missiles - useless against
Himars, but potentially effective against drones.
Railways hit by Ukrainian forces have been repaired quickly, and they have even laid tracks across pontoon bridges.
They will be studying how, if possible, to answer the current challenge.
Nasa's Firms fire monitoring dashboard showed a significant reduction
in fires in southern and eastern Ukraine between June 8 and June 12, in
a possible indication of a reduction in artillery fire.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

07.13.2022 | 4:39 PM ET

sigh

Chris, you do realise that Ukraine is sending women to fight now, right? That's what it has come to. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it's extremely bad. Russia has captured rather a lot of US/EU munitions and armaments, has consolidated its gains, and takes more territory every day. Ukraine is now on record stating it needs 9B per month to keep fighting. Billion. With a B.

I don't even bother updating this thread anymore because the entire thing is a foregone conclusion at this point. There's going to come a point where you're going to have to accept that you fell for the propaganda.

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours, and 57 minutes from now.
****les
****les

07.13.2022 | 6:27 PM ET

Also Javelins sent by the US to Ukraine are now turning up for sale on the dark web.

Just hope you're happy with how your tax is being spent while real inflation in the states is 17%.

https://t.me/mapsukraine/959?single
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours, and 57 minutes from now.
****les
****les

07.17.2022 | 9:46 PM ET

The plot thickens.

Ukraine is almost certainly selling US-EU munitions supplied to them to other nations for profit.

https://www.voanews.com/a/cargo-plane-crashes-in-greece-explosions-keep-firefighters-away-/6662040.html
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

07.27.2022 | 9:43 AM ET

****les
****les

07.27.2022 | 3:46 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

07.28.2022 | 5:20 PM ET

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,355  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

08.02.2022 | 2:27 PM ET

I hope this China-US thingy in Taiwan doesn't escalate

"****."

Hippie
Hippie

08.02.2022 | 2:33 PM ET

Let’s hope not.

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,361  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,037
  • Post Score: 215

08.02.2022 | 2:52 PM ET

On Taiwan

More than anything I think the CCP just wants us out of the region. So if they believe there is any non-military solution to the Taiwan issue, they'll go with that. But of course, most US administrations of the post-Cold War era have poured gasoline onto pre-existing fires.

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

****les
****les

08.02.2022 | 4:52 PM ET

I think there's reason to be concerned about a war with China.

Xinni the pooh just lost a lot of face after saber-rattling over Pelosi's visit to Taiwan and not following through with his threats, but the more pertinent issue is that Taiwan can make chips, and China can't.  China is, despite its pretences, still a very backwards ****hole. Less than ten years ago, they literally lacked the technology to make ballpoint pens. The Bill passed by congress recently which aimed to boost domestic semiconductor production makes me think the US either knows or suspects that chip production is going to tank, probably due to Russia's annexing Ukraine and most of the world's neon--an element which semiconductors cannot be made without--and China possibly annexing Taiwan--a region which accounts for most of the world's semiconductor manufacturing.

There's definitely something there. It can't be purely coincidental. 
AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,466  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,780
  • Post Score: 145

08.02.2022 | 5:04 PM ET

Interesting thread, I'm gonna pop in a random question here.
Would you fight for your country?

"I've lost 7000€ on Jared Cannonier."

****les
****les

08.02.2022 | 5:05 PM ET

Only if it was invaded.
AxaFin
AxaFin

08.02.2022 | 5:07 PM ET

****les I would pretty much have the same answer.
This Ukraine war got me motivated to get back in good shape.
Media was brainwashing and scaring that russia is coming for us next lmao

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,361  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,037
  • Post Score: 215

08.02.2022 | 5:10 PM ET

@AxaFin

Depends. I wouldn't fight in any of the US's foreign wars because our politicians and high-level military personnel are corrupt and these wars are not in our national interest. The odds of the lower 48 being invaded by a conventional military are almost zero. But if for some reason that happened I would support in any way I could. 

And if I may ask you a question, is the average Finn right now worried about Russian incursion? And is their popular support for the proposed move to join NATO, particularly if the military spending requirements start getting enforced?

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

****les
****les

08.02.2022 | 5:13 PM ET

Recruitment in the US is massively down. The US is in a kind of cold civil war IMO.

I wouldn't want to go to battle and my risk my life for ****libs either.

* Edited at 08.02.2022, 5:15 PM ET *

AxaFin
AxaFin

08.02.2022 | 5:24 PM ET

gwinCLARKE2019 Polls over here say that majority supports NATO but most people that I talk to (who are professional soldiers) are saying that we should've joined already in 2014. Regular people don't really seem to care that much but the younger they are the more western they are.
Myself I'm kind of a tinfoil hat dude cuz I'm afraid that the future generations of Finland are gonna be used as puppets by the west. I always remembered as a kid how neutral Finland was.
I just hope that if we join NATO we are going to have full control of the troops and equipment that enter our country. I do not want to see NATO bases in here.
I also feel kinda sad because I believe we had a nice relationship with russia before all this, I hope that Finland is going to be one of the first countries to actually bring diplomacy into the world and try to find a compromise. Making regular peoples lives worse isn't gonna do anyone good.
I haven't read much about the enforced spending but we definitely do not want to be part of NATO expansionism or whatever russians call it.

****les US is being affected so much by China and Russia's sneaky propaganda and I see nobody in mainstream talking about it. I haven't seen a proud american in years. They're also so ******* weird that every time I agree with one of their statements they think that I'm automatically on their side of all their world views. I've become a professional troll on Instagram these last few months lmao.

Page 51

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200