Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 44

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

04.21.2022 | 12:41 PM ET

yeah if Russia was really serious about nuking the United States, they would have done so at least two dozen different times at this point just in the last decade probably.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.21.2022 | 4:35 PM ET

Ukraine has started taking absolutely horrific losses in Donbas. Not only are they dealing with a conglomerated Russian attack composed of fresh forces and units drawn from the now totally secured Mariupol, but they are also dealing with ****loads of Russian-armed conscripts from the region who absolutely despise them and are using ISIS-esque guerilla tactics and terrorism against them. There's allegedly about 45K Ukrainian troops stationed in Donbas in total. Basically, the entire population is working with Russia. I expect this particular conflict to be kind of a cakewalk for the Russkis really. They will have unlimited intelligence and will know where Ukrainian units are essentially all of the time, and what they're doing. Because Russia control Mariupol it's very difficult for them to get supplies now, also.

There is one Azov regiment still holding out in Mariupol in some rat tunnels beneath a facility, which they are using as a bunker. The Russians have done the Russian thing and are not trying to flush them out. They're just keeping them trapped inside, and won't risk losing troops trying to clear it, figuring the azovs can't do anything from within anyway and have ultimately the option of either starving to death or surrendering.

The amount of NATO **** Russians have snapped up is ridiculous. Not just weapons, vehicles. But more US arms will continue to flood into the country.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.21.2022 | 5:32 PM ET

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.21.2022 | 5:51 PM ET

Sigu
Sigu
  • Predictions:  17,796  |  79.2%
  • Forum Posts:  177
  • Post Score: 203

04.21.2022 | 6:45 PM ET

old school Hollywood
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.21.2022 | 8:10 PM ET

Russia has captured two more Cities, Starobelsk and Svatovo, and begun installing a pro-Russian puppet ministry.

https://t.me/intelslava/26294
Moorlady
Moorlady

04.21.2022 | 9:03 PM ET

Ah, I thought that first one said Starbucks.
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

04.21.2022 | 10:51 PM ET

shame they're struggling to turn the Russian army into a pile of ashes

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.22.2022 | 4:59 AM ET

Come again?

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,144
  • Post Score: 333

04.22.2022 | 8:03 AM ET

Asks for primary sources

Posts non primary sources when it's convenient

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.22.2022 | 8:04 AM ET

Says everyone posts Propaganda

Proceeds to post propaganda

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

04.22.2022 | 11:45 AM ET

@Xconchris

that's been the best part of this thread. you can read one page where he's arguing about sources and "blatant propaganda" then he turns around and goes hard on the next 3-4 pages posting the propaganda he likes. He's even posting memes found on random 4chan threads acting like it's showing some sort of "proof" to us lol

Got thousands of people dying and suffering in Ukraine and he's all "STOP THE NATO ABUSE" like sure we'll let Russia have control over Europe so more and more innocent people can suffer and die. Oh and if we don't let them, then they'll nuke us!!!

LMAO

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.22.2022 | 11:57 AM ET

Best part was where he said Ukraine started the war against Russia, but when asked if the war as justified He said he doesn't know.

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

04.22.2022 | 1:04 PM ET

Countries always pull numbers out their arse. The African world reparations committee suggested that due to Europe and Americas role in slavery and the plundering of the continent through the scramble they owed Africa an estimated 777 trillion dollars. And the UN agreed with them ha. 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

04.22.2022 | 1:17 PM ET

@Xconchris

Oh I've yet to see any logical justification from him for the slaughtering of these innocent people other than "NATO BORDERS BAD!!!" lol

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.22.2022 | 3:21 PM ET

@Check you think it's like Star Wars, don't you? All of Europe? The **** are you talking about? Russia will never invade a NATO state, that would be suicide. You're literally so low-information, autistic and ******** that you think Russia is going to invade the UK or something. Do you even know where and what Europe is? You're still under the delusion that Ukraine is a unified nation filled with people who all support the regime, and this isn't true. It's basically been in civil war for years. You also wilfully ignore that Zelensky isn't a real leader--he's an actor, and that Ukraine is the most corrupt country in Europe and top 3 in the world. It is also the poorest country in Europe.Russia is a horrible regime, Ukraine is a horrible regime. There is no good side. There are no good guys

It's not as though Ukraine was some thriving modern metropolis before this happened. It wasn't. It was and is a ****hole. Another post-soviet hellscape riddled with slums and a GDP of about 150B annually. The only reason the US and EU gives a **** about it at all is because actors from those states have dirty money tied up in it. If this was happening somewhere in Africa it would barely make the news.

@Chris again, the problem isn't my answer, the problem is the question. It's too much of a bumper sticker, and it isn't worth asking. It's basically the equivalent of those pro-vegan stickers that used to get around and featured a Mcdonalds Mcnugget and the slogan 'What part of the chicken is this'? It's also a strawman because every prediction you've made about this conflict has proved to be wildly inaccurate and generally awful.  

Basically every prediction I've made about this thing has borne out with the exception that I originally thought it would have wrapped up by now. Yours have not. The Russian war effort not collapsed, and the Russians are indeed meeting their objectives--albeit at a cost and in a timeframe which I'm sure isn't their first choice and is far less than ideal. It was always a ridiculous, infantile notion that Russia as a force was ill-equipped and incompetent. You got that world view from Reddit, no doubt. Pro-tip; Reddit hasn't been a free of exchange of ideas for at least ten years. It's owned by Tencent and is a gigantic far-left circle jerk in its death throes.

You can both keep being salty about it and I'm going to keep being right. Here's another example of that, by the way. The EU is already talking about how to go on buying Russian oil via  loophole because--as I said--they ******* have to. It also appears that tin-pot nations like CAR are going to start  swapping commodities, like gold and whatever else for Russian oil--thus completely avoiding the embargo and the need to pay in rubles both--which is actually better for Russia because they will base those exchanges on the inflated market value of crude per barrel.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/eu-says-gas-payments-may-be-possible-under-russian-roubles-proposal-without-2022-04-22/

BRUSSELS, April 22 (Reuters) - EU companies may be able to work around Russia's demand to receive gas payments in roubles without breaching sanctions if they pay in euros or dollars which are then converted into the Russian currency, the European Commission said on Friday.

The companies would also need to seek additional conditions on the transactions, such as a statement that they consider their contractual obligations complete once they have deposited the non-Russian currencies.

Moscow has warned Europe it risks having gas supplies cut unless it pays in roubles. In March it issued a decree proposing that energy buyers open accounts at Gazprombank to make payments in euros or dollars, which would then be converted to roubles.

The Commission said earlier this month that the decree risked breaching EU sanctions since it would put the effective completion of the purchase - once the payments are converted to roubles - into the hands of the Russian authorities.

In an advisory document sent to member states on Thursday, however, the Commission said Moscow's proposal does not necessarily prevent a payment process that would comply with EU sanctions against Russia over the Ukraine conflict.

The Commission's advice is not legally binding, but is an attempt to steer the discussion while member states work out how they can continue to pay for Russian gas.

Brussels said in the document that there were options that could allow companies to continue lawfully paying for gas.

"EU companies can ask their Russian counterparts to fulfil their contractual obligations in the same manner as before the adoption of the decree, i.e. by depositing the due amount in euros or dollars," the document said.

* Edited at 04.22.2022, 3:47 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.22.2022 | 4:14 PM ET

Gonzo is alive!

He was abducted by the SBU but it appears that they let him walk because executing him would have been a PR disaster. Happy man today!

* Edited at 04.22.2022, 4:14 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.22.2022 | 4:46 PM ET

Footage of poorly equipped and incompetent Russian infantry taking out Ukrainian marines at night.

https://t.me/intelslava/26415

Here's some more getting taking out by badly equipped and incompetent Chechens coordinating with drones.

https://t.me/intelslava/26408

Here's an an-26 presumably shot down with chunks of potato and slingshots

https://t.me/intelslava/26389

Here's a massive munitions depot captured by the bumbling buffoons who make up the DPR in Balakliya, the largest in the region.

Here's one of those silly Russkis giving a tour of a missile silo captured in the same region.

https://t.me/intelslava/26322

Here's some footage of Civilians being genocided by Russia as they are evacuated by Russian troops in Kharkov and thank them, and talk about how ****tily the Ukrainians have been treating them.

https://t.me/intelslava/26321

But y'know, I'm sure this is all propaganda and Ukraine will be fine.

* Edited at 04.22.2022, 4:55 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.23.2022 | 3:58 PM ET

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3465606-ukraine-army-destroys-enemy-command-operations-center-eliminates-two-russian-generals.html

Ukraine elimates Russian command operations center. Kills 2 generals and seriously injuring a 3rd.

Baldric, says he correct about everything. Except

The entire Trump election, and I mean the entire 100 page Trump election thread.....my god, you couldn't read more wrong predictions then that.

The killing of Gonzalo 

The reason why Ukraine is not negotiating is simple. Unlike the victory celebration Russia will be having May 9th with Baldric sitting in a high chair next to Putin. This war will not be over anytime soon. Ukraine has a endless supply of money and weapons, including heavy and serious offensive weaponry on the way. Lots of United States murderous drones and artillery. Russia does not and won't be able to produce weaponry without the raw minerals or Western world's supplies. " No man is a Island" applies here. You can't isolate yourself from the world like you could years ago. 

When this was drags and drags, your going to see this as the Battle of the Bulge. 

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.23.2022 | 4:02 PM ET

Also before the usual response

It wasn't that significant

What about Mariupol

Give me a primary source while I don't give you a primary source

Hold on there's a kangaroo grabbing my mail

Page 44

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (9 p.m. ET)
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Recalls Justin Gaethje’s ‘Vibranium’ Leg Kicks: ‘This Guy Kick Hard As Sh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : Vanessa Demopoulos prepared to get used to familiarity with UFC opponents like Emily Ducote
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video at 9 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hoping For McGregor ‘Of Old’ At UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Esparza loses three belts on scale
  • Bad Left Hook : Spence reportedly in ligation with former trainer over unpaid fees
  • Bad Left Hook : Errol Spence reportedly in ligation with trainer Derrick James over unpaid fees
  • MMA Junkie : Why Chael Sonnen thinks Tom Aspinall potentially facing Ciryl Gane at UFC 304 is a big risk
  • MMA Mania : ‘Crazy’ Stalker Sneaks Into UFC PI, Claims Ribas Is His ‘Wife’