Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 47

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

05.19.2022 | 9:38 AM ET

My favorite part of this thread will be in like 3 months or 6 or whatever. When Russia looses the war, Putin prob dies from cancer or assassin.

Then Baldric writes a 17 page Novel how he was technically correct all along and Russia was going to win. So he was not wrong at all.

Setting yourself up for failure Sir.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

05.19.2022 | 11:12 AM ET

I doubt Russia will lose, though it is possible. Putin getting assassinated is ludicrous 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Moorlady
Moorlady

05.19.2022 | 12:22 PM ET

@xconchris I don't always agree with Baldric's ideas, but the fellow can sure write.  I'd read a novel called Russia Wins In the End. @Hadrian, I never cease in praying for the assassination of tyrants.  Watcha got in your back there, buddy?
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

05.19.2022 | 12:28 PM ET

Hopefully all the billions being sent to Ukraine end up in the right places, not the wrong places....

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 12:37 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.19.2022 | 12:30 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar

05.19.2022 | 1:14 PM ET

Zelensky's bank account is gonna explode ha. Putin is way too protected, ****'s never gonna happen. 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.19.2022 | 2:45 PM ET

Russia will annex donbass and other regions of Eastern Ukraine, very likely Odessa also. Then they will pull the plug on the operation because that's their objective. Since they already control Mariupol, this would mean the territory under Ukrainian control becomes landlocked. So it will basically become Moldova.

My prediction is that Russia will get what it wants, and the US will have spent an obscene amount of money, and a lot of people will have died, for no result.

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 2:54 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.19.2022 | 3:42 PM ET

As predicted, the Ruble continues upward, and has hit a new high.

Don't feel bad about not buying in because there's a 99% chance your brokerage wouldn't have let you anyway. Only politicians are allowed to profit from the Ukrainian/Russo conflict apparently.

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.19.2022 | 4:02 PM ET

They said Zelensky is worth 500 million already... Hes made... Russia and Ukraine has all these obscenely wealthy oligarchs and politicians but most people are not too well off at all.... Well now that I think of it that sounds like alot of places really.. The only way out is to study hard and get a degree for a well paying job or build a business (not easy most of the time).. Prices keep going up though so can be tough, its like a battle against time.... Or maybe things will crash again sometime in the future

Also I know in America it can cost crazy prices to get a degree, you have to go into pretty big debt.... Which is real bad... Not sure about other places

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 4:03 PM ET *

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

05.19.2022 | 4:04 PM ET

Russia has the 4th highest inflation rate in Europe.

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/inflation-rate?continent=europe

"****."

Fremen
Fremen

05.19.2022 | 4:10 PM ET

@wasteland nowadays when it comes to EU, they start to look more into courses you've finished, competencies you have, they expect you to have as much experience as possible rather than degree, ofcourse it depends on a job, but what I'm trying to express is that things do change a little. You can live pretty well without a degree for example in Germany, where GDP per capita holds well. Welp, there is a difference in perception on living well depending where you're looking from.. 

"****."

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar

05.19.2022 | 4:26 PM ET

Will Russia win the war; almost definitely
Are they still ******; yep

Fremen
Fremen

05.19.2022 | 4:39 PM ET

They are doing pretty good for a country that got so many sanctions from the west. Inflation is about 17% if not higher, but they have oil, they have capabilities of producing food. If west doesn't withdraw from the plans of stopping buying the russian gas, they may get ****** then. For now, an avarage citizen of Russia only feels a slight change in prices, a little more significant than rest of the countries. 

"****."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.19.2022 | 4:45 PM ET

adrndc11 Russia's GDP has grown 3% since the start of this debacle. You're correct in that Russia has a lot of food and energy, and when the chips are down that's kind of all that matters. Everybody's gangster until the wheat and gas runs out. Also real inflation in the US is not the reported 8.1%, it is in reality closer to 14% in real terms.

The mistake the west has made in this conflict is assuming that pressure on Russia will cause a revolution leading to Vlad being overthrown. It won't. It hasn't. It has simply galvanised Russian hatred against the west. Russians do not think like westerners. They are Asiatic in their habits and thinking.

What they're also not is weak, pathetic and decadent hysterics like western populations. They're hardy. They're used to **** being hard. A haircut on groceries and going without mcdonalds means nothing to them.
Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar

05.19.2022 | 4:48 PM ET

The russians won't be the ones rebelling. The rapidly growing muslim population will. 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.19.2022 | 5:12 PM ET

Well Kadyrov doesn't seem to have much of an issue maintaining power. The muzzies are generally fine as long as they are allowed to go on being misogynists and praying to the big black rock, really. 
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.19.2022 | 5:19 PM ET

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar

05.19.2022 | 5:23 PM ET

You think they're gonna be content when they begin outnumbering the russians with their ****** birth rate. It only takes one dumbass act of discrimination for them all to rise up in jihad. I think Russians don't give a **** nature works in two ways. Yeah they can go through hardship but i doubt they'll raise up in arms to defend their homeland. What islam does bring is unity of cause, a banner people can rally behind, of which the Russian flag fails to do in my opinion. Basically i don't think the average Russian would be willing to die for their country (why do you think they still have their godawful conscription policy), while the average muslim would

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.20.2022 | 12:40 PM ET

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.20.2022 | 8:27 PM ET

Page 47

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves