Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 43

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.20.2022 | 12:49 AM ET

Allegedly, Ukrainian soldiers in Mariupol took civilians as captives, threw them beneath the floorboards of a building they were bunkered down in, then concreted over the top of it, entombing them in darkness. The idea was to stop Russian forces shelling their position, because if they had used missiles, the building would have collapsed and buried the people alive. Here's some footage of Russian forces breaking them free after clearing the zone. Allegedly. This could be propaganda. Concreting like that quickly is possible, but it wouldn't be easy to do especially under fire. It would need at least three days to cure. Unless it is some kind of render or something at not concrete at all.

https://twitter.com/JustnEqual4all/status/1515935383514943488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1515935383514943488%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

* Edited at 04.20.2022, 1:11 AM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,146
  • Post Score: 333

04.20.2022 | 6:40 AM ET

Good morning, I just got to read that last message. What a great song and dance. Almost politician like on how you avoided the question. I kinda had you in a corner. So the only responses would be "no it wasn't worth all the dead women,children and civilians" but that would contradict your whole Ukraine is evil and wrong. Or you could have said "yes it was worth all the dead people" but that makes you look like a monster and you want to be the good guy who is right. So you went to cowardly chicken route and said "I don't know" I actually applaud the mental gymnastics and how you word everything to avoid the question entirely.

So basically every human on the planet, with any sort of compassion or moral compass, would naturally say, no the war was not worth it. Bringing a military into a foreign country and caused the slaughter of countless people is completely evil and it not worth it.

But like you always do, your favorite repaonce is whataboutism, so I will enjoy my Taco Bell, while similar wars happen in other places around the world, because that makes this acceptable.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.20.2022 | 7:24 AM ET

I'm not sure how more clear I can be. I'll say it again; I don't care. The reason you're not getting a clear answer is because you're incapable of framing a question in such a way as to get one. I don't even really understand what you're asking.. What do you mean by 'worth it'? In what context? Relevant to what, or who?

The Ukrainian regime, not the people, is immoral, evil and wrong. It's atrocious. I can prove it six ways from Sunday. I can show you videos of Ukrainian forces doing the most horrible **** imaginable if you like. I'll post footage on your wall. Not here. Any time you like. Say the word.

Was  the slaughter of the people of Donbas and Crimea somehow different than what Russia is doing? How? Where was your deep and profound concern over the last decade as the Ukrainian regime was blowing kids to pieces? You don't just get to scream 'whataboutism' as a disclaimer for failing to resolve your own hypocrisies. Again, you've been pending far too much time on Reddit.

And no, you don't get to take a morally superior position because you've done nothing to help the people of Ukraine whatsoever. Is there a refugee sleeping on your couch? How much money have you sent to Baz--or anyone involved? You're essentially the standard progressive hypocrite really. You want the social credit and Kudos of being seen as compassionate without having done anything to substantiate or otherwise earn it at all.The only difference between you and I is that I'm honest about it. I'm authentic in my convictions. I care about people or things or I don't. What I don't do is pretend to care. In actuality, you don't care about Ukraine any more than I do. If you did, you'd have fronted something---you'd have kicked in to the war effort.

If not giving **** makes me a monster, then I'm guilty as charged your honour.  It's not that I don't care at all. I simply don't care enough to have the West dedicate resources towards the conflict. Russia is not an existential threat to my country nor the allies of my country--that is until they start slinging nukes around, I'm sure you'll enjoy that.

* Edited at 04.20.2022, 7:41 AM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.20.2022 | 8:48 AM ET

Social credit šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ do I write like the guy trying to get brownie points online. And no, not donating to every cause in existence does not mean people don't care 

Have you donated to people with MS, guess you don't care about them! Do you donate to the cause of underpaid Tapology users who upload data. You sure seem to care about that. That sounds silly

You give a **** more then anybody in this thread and you care more about this then anyone on Tapology.

You just justify the death of these people because "regime bad" and no the back story of how the leadership changed and whatever corruption exists does not equal this response

Sigu
Sigu
  • Predictions:  17,796  |  79.2%
  • Forum Posts:  177
  • Post Score: 203

04.20.2022 | 1:35 PM ET

• When trying to embarrass someone, one should not exploit the suffering of other people in the war.
Asking rhetorical questions makes the whole thing just bizarre

* Edited at 04.20.2022, 3:36 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.20.2022 | 2:40 PM ET

I have not tried to embarrass him nor exploit anyone's suffering. Not intentionally at least.

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

04.20.2022 | 3:20 PM ET

This guy is of Greek English descent and seems well read.

* Edited at 04.20.2022, 3:23 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.20.2022 | 3:38 PM ET

Residents of Mariupol thanking the DPR.

https://t.me/intelslava/26102

Since posting yesterday, Russia has taken two cities, Kremmenaya being one. In Donbas they have already captured over 3k troops of the Ukrainian forces.

https://t.me/intelslava/26030
Sigu
Sigu

04.20.2022 | 3:43 PM ET

I shouldn't have addressed the comment. Excuse me
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.20.2022 | 5:47 PM ET

Chechen special forces clearing area of Vushniks, confiscating weaponry of dead soldiers. They cleared the checkpoint.

In another news, Ukraine pushed for a ceasefire in northern Mariupol but Russia rejected the offer.

Edit: posted wrong link.

https://t.me/intelslava/26031

* Edited at 04.20.2022, 6:07 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.20.2022 | 6:01 PM ET

Gonzo Lira is now reportedly dead. He was captured, tortured, and murdered by the Ukrainian regime for the crime of reporting on the war in a way that did not align with the regime's propaganda. He was an American citizen. A youtuber. Had two young kids. I'll keep saying it until you get it, people--there is no good side in this thing.

* Edited at 04.20.2022, 7:04 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.20.2022 | 6:05 PM ET

'Russia is losing/is incompetent'.

* Edited at 04.20.2022, 6:13 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.20.2022 | 6:48 PM ET

I shouldn't have laughed at this as much as I did.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.20.2022 | 7:12 PM ET

Russian forces cleared a bastion of Ukrainian defence holed up in an apartment block, Mariupol. 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.20.2022 | 8:47 PM ET

It's interesting to observe the differences in propaganda, and I'm slowly learning how it works.

Basically the Western media just outright lies. They crop footage, and misrepresent it to make it look like Russia is getting whooped, or to downplay the victories achieved by Russia. Their method is visual and narrational manipulation. Basically everything reported about this war by MSM is either extremely dubious or an outright fabrication.

The Russians actually don't do this. They're very careful not to lie about anything. What they do instead is simply just outright not report anything that makes them look bad, and if something monumental does happen ( like the sinking of the Moskva) they don't deny it, but will try and frame it as a kind of comedic tragedy or a fluke. The lie by omission and by trivialising defeats. For example their line about the Moskva is that a missile or projectile of some sort got an incredibly lucky hit and exploded into a bunch of munitions on board the vessel which caused it to sink. This might even be true, but I doubt it--and even if it is, they obviously got outplayed tactically.  Another example is that some special ops from Chechnya actually blew themselves up yesterday trying to use some ground missile system. Russia just pretends this didn't happen and is silent on it despite their being footage of it happening.

Overall, my take hasn't changed much. Russia is expanding their captive territory in the region and Ukraine is doing much worse now since they lost Mariupol. I do think this conflict is proving far more expensive and difficult than Russia had anticipated, but this is totally down to NATO support in the form of training and munitions and equipment. Contrary to whatever the West is saying, Russia is providing humanitarian aid to citizens and has been evacuating them to Russia. It's definitely not a genocide or anything like one.

I don't see it ending anytime soon. I think it depends on what happens in Donbas. It could realistically continue for another 4-6 months IMO and continue unofficially long after.

* Edited at 04.20.2022, 8:48 PM ET *

Sigu
Sigu

04.20.2022 | 9:51 PM ET

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z207WkNftgE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.20.2022 | 11:45 PM ET

RIP Gonzo. Whether you were right or wrong--and I don't think you were the latter and history will prove it-- you didn't deserve that ****. It took balls.

https://www.*****ute.com/video/XlYmWL4aOW94/

* Edited at 04.21.2022, 1:11 AM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.21.2022 | 2:19 AM ET

Russia has tested a SATAN 2 missile in a big giant ****-flashing and middle finger to the US and NATO. Incidentally there are no known defence systems that can intercept one of these things.

Do you want nuclear annihilation, people? Because this is how you get nuclear annihilation. The US and NATO need to back the **** up and out at this point. This is a very serious escalation.

https://7news.com.au/news/conflict/vladimir-putin-issues-chilling-warning-to-the-world-after-test-firing-the-nuclear-capable-satan-2-missile-c-6516780
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

04.21.2022 | 12:03 PM ET

I just like how after the Iron Curtain everyone else is supposed to just let Russia do whatever they want because they have really strong missiles now lol

"šŸ“ No Quarter Given šŸ“"

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

04.21.2022 | 12:35 PM ET

Countries can build whatever the **** weapons they want. At this point it's all just a big pissing contest. No one is going to nuke anyone because they themselves would get nuked. It would take the biggest ****** on earth to think launching nuclear weapons at another nuclear power was a good idea. 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Page 43

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : McGrail vs Leach: Live discussion, 2 pm ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 play-by-play and live results (4 p.m. ET)
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez vs Barthelemy: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : BKFC KnuckleMania 4, live stream, play-by-play and results
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 live results
  • Jits Magazine : Liisi Vaht Makes Flawless Debut In ONE Friday Fights 60 Results
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ā€˜Stackā€™ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ā€˜Platinumā€™ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ā€˜KnuckleMania 4ā€™ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (9 p.m. ET)
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Recalls Justin Gaethjeā€™s ā€˜Vibraniumā€™ Leg Kicks: ā€˜This Guy Kick Hard As Sh*tā€™
  • MMA Junkie : Vanessa Demopoulos prepared to get used to familiarity with UFC opponents like Emily Ducote
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video at 9 p.m. ET