Tapology Forums

Tapology Poetry Corner

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,494  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,346
  • Post Score: 285

02.19.2022 | 10:13 PM ET

Welcome, lovers, dreamers, writers and romantics to the Tapology Poetry Corner! A place for poems, short stories, novels or any kind of creative writing. Just because we're hardened MMA fans, doesn't mean we don't have a softer side. Have you written a poem about Fedor Emelianenko's legendary career? A ballad about Jan Błachowicz? A fan-fic about Paige VanZant? Post it here! 

Any and all artistic writing welcome and if it's related to MMA then even better!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 7

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,188
  • Post Score: 332

04.09.2022 | 7:37 AM ET

Just learned what council estate is. Interesting google read. 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.09.2022 | 7:39 AM ET

Similar in the US is section 8 housing in the ghetto areas usually

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

04.09.2022 | 8:44 AM ET

I changed the name of An Average Council Estate Romance to A Hull Romance cause Hull has one of the highest rates of depression in the UK and I can only imagine how bleak some lives in their council estates may be

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.09.2022 | 9:39 AM ET

The Black Tribes

From the wild of bushes of Africa
To the white plains of Alaska or sand dunes of Australia
The Black tribes have seen many adventures
They are a global cultural power centre

They were taken first as slaves
To the home of the brave
But they would all eventually break free
As the Gods and noble aliens intended it to be

Rapidly expanding in great numbers
Working hard in both winter and summer
Many seeds would begin to take root
Over generations these trees bearing many fruits

They have now risen up the ranks
Many are superstars or work in banks
Their music and cuisine is sublime
Their cultures age like a fine wine

MLK once said I have a dream
We should all just be a team
Elevate the black youth of today
So the black youth of tomorrow know the way

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 10:59 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.09.2022 | 12:20 PM ET

Modern slavery of Africans began in the 15th century with the Portuguese, and eventually included virtually all European powers, including Poland and Croatia.  The pope initially condoned slavery in a papal bull as they were not "Christian."  It was initially carried out in the Caribbean and the Americas.  Slavery decimated indigenous peoples of the Caribbean.  Virtually all of Europe and its colonies benefited economically from the slave trade and its products, even if the majority of enslavement took place beyond European shores.  The investment and the dividends were enjoyed by Europeans and their colonies.  The human cost, in terms of lives lost, livelihoods loss, loss of culture, and mass crimes against humanity are difficult to calculate.  Africans and indigenous Americans are owed restorative justice from Europe and its colonies, which still continue to enjoy the multi-generational benefits of slavery and colonialism.  The next time you enjoy a cup of coffee or stir a lump of sugar into your tea, remember that those are not crops native to Europe.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.09.2022 | 3:17 PM ET

The 15th century is not 'Modern' and pre-colonial Africans were quite literally slavers, and in places like CAR they still are. They in fact practised it more extensively than Europeans, and had far more varieties of slaves, including sex slaves, and were so well adapted to slavery before Europeans ever entered the market that when they did they supplied them with in excess of 80% of all slaves that would find their way to countries like Brazil and America. A lof of the time they were traded for animals, especially pigs, which are not native to Africa. The story of how and why England ended slavery is one of the most beautiful tales in all History. 

The word slave is derived from 'Slav'. The slaves were and are Eastern Europeans sold into slavery by Muslims in the 9th century.

They were and are white, mostly, with the exception of Romani. Nations that didn't practice slavery are the exception to the rule, historically. Just about everyone did it. The Spartans literally enslaved an entire people and used them for sport. And they were fellow Greeks.

This idea that Europe and Europeans have an exclusive claim to slavery is childish and absurd. By Historical standards they weren't even that good at it.

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 3:58 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

04.09.2022 | 3:57 PM ET

As soon as i saw moors comment i was waiting for Baldrics response haha

Also no, i am not giving reparations to anyone. Go dig up a bunch of dead people from the 1700's and demand they pay reparations but myself, not a ******* chance.

We live in a country with a fair playing field, they have just as much opportunity, if not more to be successful today. Nobody is oppressing you. If i apply to be a police officer or try to get into law school. That position is much more easier to obtain by a minority. Thats advantage not disadvantage.

Bunch of millionaire football players crying oppression.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.09.2022 | 4:11 PM ET

If anyone deserves reparations in the US it's Indigenous Americans.

If African Americans want reparations, they should go panhandling to Africa, because that's where the people that sold their ancestors into slavery are. Given the amount of aid sent to the continent from the US ( billions per year) it wouldn't be reparations, it would be a tax return anyway. The state could of course spend that money domestically to help improve opportunity for blacks trapped by ****** socioeconomics but no, that would make too much sense.

If you put the Government in charge of the Sahara desert it would run out of sand.

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 4:13 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.09.2022 | 4:36 PM ET

Well im not sure if all Europeans benefited from African slavery, what about Chechens or Slovenians?.... Faroese or Estonians?... Were those slaves in Croatia Poland black?

Baldric I laughed when Baz the Ukrainian guy posted a pic of native Australians as an attempt to imply you or they are unsophisticated... Your probably one of the most sophisticated people I know! That 500K painting story I'll always remember and was wondering sometime could you help me with a stock buying strategy, you have some crazy basket of income generating stocks, that is how you live life right, setup for the future
And yeah the native Americans are cool... I know an old guy who spent time with some tribes over there his main passion in life is native American history and culture, he did a drum circle ritual on me and it really worked, I kind of passed out started tripping... Not making it up. And Steven Seagal is the best hehe

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 4:42 PM ET *

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.09.2022 | 4:41 PM ET

I'm not claiming that slavery started in the 15th century, or that Europeans were un-aided by others.  Straw man fallacy.  Down vote the facts if you want to, but they're just facts, not all of the facts, but some of the facts.  Dispute or don't dispute me, but come on factual grounds.

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 4:49 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.09.2022 | 4:47 PM ET

The Arabs were and still are in parts fairly merciless slavers, Turks were too, and the Chinese factories have anti suicide nets from people jumping out the windows from extreme forced labor

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 4:49 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.09.2022 | 4:50 PM ET

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 8:55 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.09.2022 | 4:50 PM ET

@Anna you're welcome to pay out as much reparations as you like, and let as many refugees sleep on your couch, as you wish.

Go.

You can be that hero.

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.09.2022 | 4:51 PM ET

@Wasteland Poland was involved in Africa.  Croatia was involved on the island of Goa, in India.  Does the "race" or where the slavery took place really matter?  No one is saying that all slaves have been Black.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.09.2022 | 4:54 PM ET

@Anna you're still not understanding;The slave trade was already thriving in Africa when Europeans arrived. It was a massive part of the African economy.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.09.2022 | 4:54 PM ET

Croatians were slavers in Goa who would have thought! There is a great takeaway near me called Goa Balti House great place

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 8:55 PM ET *

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.09.2022 | 4:55 PM ET

@Baldric.  I already know that.  I can read, and I avail myself of that skill quite often.  I don't recall starting my paragraph with "...slavery began" or "at the dawn of time."  I was talking about the modern era, concurrent with the rise of joint ventures.

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 4:57 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.09.2022 | 4:56 PM ET

Also handing cash payments out to individuals in the form of reparations would be an unmitigated disaster because people are ******** and very few would spend it saliently. A huge portion of it would get spent on meth and Burger King.
Moorlady
Moorlady

04.09.2022 | 4:58 PM ET

I didn't start a discussion about reparations, @Xconchris did that.  I was listing crimes against humanity.  I was talking about history, not current politics.  It would be hard to put a price tag on such losses.

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 5:02 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.09.2022 | 5:02 PM ET

@Anna no, you didn't, but you seem to be under the delusion that the 15th century is 'Modern'. 15th C-16th is literally Elizabethan. 

There is no argument for anything being defined modern before the 17th century and most historians regard modernity as 19th-early 20th C.

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Helena Crevar Signs Exclusive UK Contract With Polaris
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington now open to Belal Muhammad matchup, 'super intrigued' by Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMAFighting.com : Report: Ryan Garcia cleared for 1 banned substance, Devin Haney responds
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Chael Sonnen, Mike Perry, Anthony Smith, and Cory Sandhagen at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Predictions, Odds, Analysis! UFC St. Louis, X-Factor
  • MMA Junkie : Sean O'Malley thinks Conor McGregor is jealous of him, open to 'legendary' fight at lightweight
  • MMA Mania : Further Drug Testing Clears ‘King Ryan’ Of Nandrolone Use
  • MMA Mania : New UFC Deal With Saudi Arabia Includes ‘Big’ Event In 2025
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia still denies PED use but says he fought Devin Haney while 'high as f*ck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean O’Malley willing to move up to lightweight for ‘legendary’ Conor McGregor fight
  • MMA Mania : Bare Knuckle Bonanza! BYB Acquires UK-Based BKB
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict