Tapology Forums

Tapology Poetry Corner

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,494  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,346
  • Post Score: 285

02.19.2022 | 10:13 PM ET

Welcome, lovers, dreamers, writers and romantics to the Tapology Poetry Corner! A place for poems, short stories, novels or any kind of creative writing. Just because we're hardened MMA fans, doesn't mean we don't have a softer side. Have you written a poem about Fedor Emelianenko's legendary career? A ballad about Jan Błachowicz? A fan-fic about Paige VanZant? Post it here! 

Any and all artistic writing welcome and if it's related to MMA then even better!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 8

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.09.2022 | 5:03 PM ET

In the history of thought, modernism is born in the 15th century.  I'm not talking about art movements.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,189
  • Post Score: 332

04.09.2022 | 5:05 PM ET

Ewwww burger king

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.09.2022 | 5:05 PM ET

Descartes and Rousseau are considered "modern" in the intellectual sense, contra the art and classical music periods of the early 20th century.  I would begin dating it from the first stock exchange, and concurrent with the Reformation.  It's the beginning of the end of the concentration of power with king and church.  Earlier examples would be More and Erasmus.

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 5:08 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.09.2022 | 5:09 PM ET

@Wasteland right now probably isn't a good time to buy into the market unless you want to play futures, which is complicated, but yes, if you do want to trade there's swingy money to be made on futures and overall it's best to focus on commodities. Most of my tech stocks have been getting slayed as of late apart from AMD which I tried to convince everybody to buy when it was in the 70's not so long ago now, on this site, and everybody reeeeeeed about it and told me to **** off, freemoney being one of them, screaming about how I was trying to 'pump n' dump' on an MMA site to a group of people who could never cause a change in the price of a stock in any way whatsoever, which was pretty amazing. 

I kind of pulled the painting thing out of my ass really, that was a fluke. I never bought it so it doesn't really count, and I don't get to take credit for what I might have done. Life is about what you did ultimately. 
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

04.09.2022 | 5:09 PM ET

Why are you all talking about slavery again? I don't check this thread often.

"🌽⚽️"

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.09.2022 | 5:10 PM ET

Well, I"m glad we cleared that up.  Thank you for coming to school today.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

04.09.2022 | 5:15 PM ET

@Baldric Yeah I think I'll stick with Bitcoin its pretty basic but I have seen returns of well over 500% so far, ....But some of those dividend paying stocks would be cool I just dont know anything about them, passive income is the goal, if you can achieve it, easier said than done. Yeah its all a pump and dump really... Just buy when theres blood in the streets?

@Stephen Terry Yeah I grew up in a real nice area at my grandparents after my dad passed away was lucky to experience life there people are really cool, but I now have alot of council estate friends they come in all shapes and sizes, but they usually are a bit tougher, have a certain edge or animalistic instinct... Sometimes... I know some that are softies too so you cant generalise ha. But yeah heres to all the council estate peoples trying to get out of there or do better in life.

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 8:02 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.09.2022 | 5:33 PM ET

@Wasteland I almost never go into FOREX stuff, too autistic and ******** and I'm a stock monkey basically but believe it or not I'm actually thinking of buying Rubles. I think Germany and the EU are going to bend over for Vlad on energy eventually and the Russian petrodollar is too big too fail. I also like that they backed the Ruble with gold. I expect demand for Rubles to increase just purely as a result of the Ruskies shafting the greenback and demanding payment in oil in rubles, and for sanctions to have the opposite of the intended effect in time.

I don't really understand how crypto earns value enough to comfortably trade it and my golden rule is if I don't understand it, I don't **** with it.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.09.2022 | 6:02 PM ET

Cool thanks for explaining, yeah thats what I was talking about you seem to know your stuff, Putin holds a big bag of Bitcoins I heard. Russia is also full of resource materials. The EU and Germany is screwed right now with the energy sanctions stuff. Yeah when it comes down to it you take a gamble with many decisions in life, try to make wise moves that will pay off is all you can do. Invest in your future self and your loved ones future selves. Get in early on stuff like Tesla or Amazon or Bitcoin and your made for life, find a good one or income generating stocks, build a business if you can, build up rental properties, watch out for a crash.

* Edited at 04.09.2022, 6:08 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.11.2022 | 4:26 PM ET

MDMA (While This Life Is Passing)

MDMA is a hell of a time
You really feel in your prime
This buzz is super intense
Overflowing emotions, feelings immense

Vision, line of sight can get kind of shakey
This rollercoaster is crazy, things getting a bit hazy
I feel the best I have ever felt right now
Into a new dimension I have stepped somehow

I wish this buzz never had an ending
Feels strange while kind of descending
Remind us that this life is everlasting
Dream of our next lives while this life is passing

* Edited at 04.11.2022, 4:40 PM ET *

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.12.2022 | 6:48 AM ET

Dumb Little Tuesday Poem

Tuesday's child is full of grace--  
****s the bed, yet still wears lace.

Met another Adam's tongue.
He got her there, didn't take him long.

Flowers deck the way to work,
Flowers any path she took.

Alms for beggars, songs who give,
Dance through crowds where lovers live.

Tuesday's child has not far to go.
For Tuesday's child is always home.

* Edited at 04.12.2022, 6:53 AM ET *

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.13.2022 | 8:13 AM ET

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.13.2022 | 8:14 AM ET

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.13.2022 | 1:23 PM ET

Between

(This one needs more work.  I like the idea, though.  Feel free to play with it or make suggestions.  I have a special fondness for the adposition.)

Between the inhale and the exhale,
Between the systole and the diastole,
Between the thought and the utterance,
Between the scent and the memory,
Between the wish and the movement,
Between the pulse and the dance—

The gasp, the pause, the spark, the clue, the murmur, and the whine—
Between the all of it, is you.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.13.2022 | 9:38 PM ET

I'm currently working one one about a serial killer but I keep changing my mind about how to approach it. At the moment it's just incoherent gibberish lol!

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.14.2022 | 2:44 AM ET

I have no qualms about publishing here in stage gibberish.  Looking forward to your poem, @Stephen, whatever the stage!
Moorlady
Moorlady

04.14.2022 | 5:27 AM ET

Between.v2

Between the in and out,
Between the plunge and lift,
Between the chime and sound,
Between the thread and weft,
Between the longing and go,
Between the pull and fro,

I gasp, my pulse, and mewing sew the courage where it ought to go, 
Between the wish and start.

Ugh.
Moorlady
Moorlady

04.14.2022 | 5:42 AM ET

Adposed

In and Out,
And Out and In,

Where does any poem begin?

Atop, Amidst,
Around, Among,

Who said prepositions are no fun?

Before, Behind,
Below, Beneath,

What's a poem that has no teeth?

* Edited at 04.14.2022, 5:43 AM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.14.2022 | 9:34 PM ET

@Moorlady

I think the trouble is I'm trying to write it as a descriptive short story that sticks to an easy to read rhyming pattern but keep changing my mind about the rhyming structure, storyline ect. Here's a verse I wrote for it last night while very tired and re-read earlier and decided to completely discard because, well, *** even is this ****?

Your eyes are blue
Your blood is red
I point my gun
Bang! Bang! You're dead

I prefer you this way
Lying dead on the floor
You had this coming
You downtrodden *****

Your son's just walked in
he's looking at you
He picks up your eyeball
He's starting to spew

He's looking at me now
He's seen my face
I shoot him twice
He's no longer in the human race

Needless to say it's not going to be the most readable thing lol!

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.14.2022 | 9:43 PM ET

That was so much darker than I thought it was going to be.

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon
  • UFC.com : Olympians To Compete In The UFC
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz Boxing Match Moved From June 1 to July 6 in Anaheim
  • MMAFighting.com : Muhammad Mokaev faces Manel Kape at UFC 304 in Manchester
  • MMA Mania : Mokaev Vs. Kape In The Works For UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Pokes Fun at Islam Makhachev’s Performance on Punching Machine Ahead of UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO Group Holdings suffered net loss of $249.5 million in 2024 first quarter largely due to UFC antitrust settlement
  • Bad Left Hook : Mercado vs Ali targeted for Estrada vs Bam undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Top flyweight contenders Manel Kape, Muhammad Mokaev targeted for UFC 304 clash
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Sonnen, Perry, Smith, and Sandhagen now
  • MMA Junkie : 'This is my prime': Derrick Lewis has 'something special' in store for UFC on ESPN 56 main event
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith clears up Alex Pereira beef: ‘I’ve never challenged him to anything’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 a night to remember for Alessandro Costa: TKO win, $50K bonus, praise from idol Jose Aldo
  • Jits Magazine : Women’s Under 65kg Division Fills Up With All Invites Announced For ADCC 2024
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley And His Return To St. Louis